Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,441 members, 7,846,804 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 12:51 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2812) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8826115 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2809) (2810) (2811) (2812) (2813) (2814) (2815) ... (14204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:04pm On Apr 20, 2016
My major worry is that Carrick will most likely be paired with Fellaini in midfield. Carrick was given rest the last time.

Schneirderlin and Herrera are my favourite.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 2:21pm On Apr 20, 2016
elampiro:

Rashford is not starting tonight. He is being kept fresh for the FA Cup this weekend.
Even if he is not going to play Rashford, must he say it. It is an aid to the opponent.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:36pm On Apr 20, 2016
It's been ages since i posted here, from the numerous post, i think the Kagawa guy is just being vilified for some of his usually unpopular opinion, his post about Rashford and Memphis is spot on...
For tonight's game, i'd hate to see Rooney leading the line, Martial should do with Young deployed on the left wing
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 2:47pm On Apr 20, 2016
patrickmuf:
It's been ages since i posted here, from the numerous post, i think the Kagawa guy is just being vilified for some of his usually unpopular opinion, his post about Rashford and Memphis is spot on...
For tonight's game, i'd hate to see Rooney leading the line, Martial should do with Young deployed on the left wing

I think it's high time we accept that Martial's best position is LW. He played most in that position for Monaco. That is the only position he has played for the French National team and he look most dangerous for United playing as a LW.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ignaz(m): 2:50pm On Apr 20, 2016
elampiro:

I think all our remaining games are important. The league games are more important because there is a great chance of overtaking City. Well, let's pray we win tonight.

But I don't think Rashford is being dropped for Rooney. I think it's a normal move by Gaal. Even SAF use to rest Rooney ahead of important fixtures. Lingard is the easiest man to drop from the current line up.

who doesn't know that Rashford is being dropped for Rooney? you think LVG will hand that position to Martial whilst having a fit Rooney on the pitch? today's match is important, so is the FA cup, I have no idea what other important match Rashford is being rested for. it's not like FA cup is guaranteed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 3:25pm On Apr 20, 2016
olabode89:

I think it's high time we accept that Martial's best position is LW. He played most in that position for Monaco. That is the only position he has played for the French National team and he look most dangerous for United playing as a LW.
Rooney vs Martial leading the line today, you preference?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 3:29pm On Apr 20, 2016
patrickmuf:
lvg has been doing all in his power to keep young away from that LW
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 3:30pm On Apr 20, 2016
olabode89:

Henry didn't start as a CF, same with Drogba.
A good manager can identify & maximize a young man's best position even if it differs from the 'original'.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 3:34pm On Apr 20, 2016
patrickmuf:

I will stick with Rooney.

Martial creates a lot of chances from the left wing. Also the opponent will have to ensure that their right winger (right midfield player) or DM double-up with the right back to nullify martial's threat thereby creating space for other players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 3:41pm On Apr 20, 2016
SailorXY:
Henry didn't start as a CF, same with Drogba.
A good manager can identify & maximize a young man's best position even if it differs from the 'original'.

What's your take on Neymar's best Position??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 4:17pm On Apr 20, 2016
patrickmuf:
abeg make dem allow rooney lead d line if he is starting. dat way, he would be available to just do the necessary 'tap ins' to score. putting him in any other position is asking for too much from him since his first touch will always be abysmal grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 4:20pm On Apr 20, 2016
Dadehmola:

LWF

He is right footed so can easily drift into the center to create chances or to finish them. He can also be effective from the middle when there are no capable legs there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 4:23pm On Apr 20, 2016
lekkie073:
abeg make dem allow rooney lead d line if he is starting. dat way, he would be available to just do the necessary 'tap ins' to score. putting him in any other position is asking for too much from him since his first touch will always be abysmal grin
Rooney does not like to be made 'anonymous' on the pitch. If he finds himself isolated, he falls back into midfield just to have a feel of the game. Rooney's form has dropped, but on his day...

Rooney > Rashford
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 5:10pm On Apr 20, 2016
Spy360:

Rooney does not like to be made 'anonymous' on the pitch. If he finds himself isolated, he falls back into midfield just to have a feel of the game. Rooney's form has dropped, but on his day...

Rooney > Rashford
his days r past...
then why should he be played as 9 if he cant be patient enuf to allow others do their work and give him d ball to do his?
if rashford too decides to fall back when he is isolated,then he wouldnt have gotten d goals coming
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 6:05pm On Apr 20, 2016
olabode89:

I will stick with Rooney.

Martial creates a lot of chances from the left wing. Also the opponent will have to ensure that their right winger (right midfield player) or DM double-up with the right back to nullify martial's threat thereby creating space for other players.

Perfect idea but you remember our match with spurs at white heart lane? Martial had Walker on the ropes all day but our right wing was non existent cos LVG rather had mata defending than expanding our play
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 6:55pm On Apr 20, 2016
Dadehmola:

Neymar should actually be used as a second striker! Playing just off the top 9! He can dribble, drag defenders out of position, go on mazy runs, play those little deft passes as well as through balls to his strike partner and he can score some superb goals by himself as well!

I FEEL Keeping him on the wing isolates him a lot and he is too lazy to do the hard things like tracking back or defending from the front! He is a typical brazilian luxury player and so he requires only 1 thing, FREEDOM!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:27pm On Apr 20, 2016
Dadehmola:

In my opinion he should be played through the middle, either as false 9 or support striker.

He's doing fine at the left wing but I'm not sure it will be easy for him outside this Barca system.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 7:31pm On Apr 20, 2016
Na wa for lineup oh undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 7:32pm On Apr 20, 2016
Strange line up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 7:35pm On Apr 20, 2016
Rooney starts as a CM in tonights game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 8:08pm On Apr 20, 2016
weedtaker:
Rooney starts as a CM in tonights game.

I expect those long diagonal balls to Valencia, and the commentators full of praise as usual.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:11pm On Apr 20, 2016
Goal. First blood
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 20, 2016
LVG has lost it. Look at line up o.
This man obviously doesn't know his best starting line up. WTF??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:20pm On Apr 20, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Bros everybody don tire for the man.
Make God just help us sneak into UCL places before the man pack him load go back Amsterdam.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:21pm On Apr 20, 2016
Zaha is creating problems on that left side. He should be taken care of
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:36pm On Apr 20, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
We're playing well; creating chances so It's ok.
We must make the chances count.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 8:36pm On Apr 20, 2016
Omo Zaha just the dance azonto with darmian for this match.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:41pm On Apr 20, 2016
What a pass from Mata cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:48pm On Apr 20, 2016
Better we convert our chances to avoid stories that touch the heart.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:50pm On Apr 20, 2016
Does anybody remember when Coogar and Starboard were calling for Martinez? grin cheesy

I remember elampiro's defence tgat Bobby was mainly an imposter riding on Moyes coat tails.

ElampiRo was slandered mehn...

Oh the slander...

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:52pm On Apr 20, 2016
We are missing too many chances.

Rojo should be playing instead of Darmian.

One of Rooney and Lingard should have given way for Herrera to pair Schneirderlin.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:55pm On Apr 20, 2016
Guys, how are we doing thus far?
Is Rooney playing well?
I'm stuck with the Merseyside derby where I am...

(1) (2) (3) ... (2809) (2810) (2811) (2812) (2813) (2814) (2815) ... (14204) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: schurley(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.