Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,335 members, 7,839,599 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8803332 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3262) (3263) (3264) (3265) (3266) (3267) (3268) ... (14186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dmcdad: 3:14pm On Sep 10, 2016
Chelseafan1:

Add David Luiz to the list, all the players Mou shipped away must give him a hard time in ds EPL....De bruyne tormented his life today. smiley smiley smiley
De Bruyne na boss na. That boi dey play plenty ball.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 3:14pm On Sep 10, 2016
Leyqute:

Only God knows what EPL referees are watching on the pitch these days. We had several penalty appeals turned down
Bravo should have had an early shower in the 2nd half.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 3:15pm On Sep 10, 2016
Chelseafan1:

That yeye man, sold Debryne 4 less dan 25m, bought Pogba for 100m.....smh
mou is just after powerful players, player that can squeeze out their life for him unfortunately
Pogba is not doing that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 3:15pm On Sep 10, 2016
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 3:16pm On Sep 10, 2016
SailorXY:
Statistics suggest the first half was really poor cuz I didn't see much wrong for the 40mins I viewed.

Pogba need to do much better attacking & this is why I advocate a 3 man midfield. Either Schneiderlin or Herrera should join the CMF & release Pogba going forward. This is the only way we can get good value. Besides I didn't see the midfield prowess from Man City many people seem to be raving about.

Smalling & Bailly should be our pairing. These men together will be indomitable.

& Zlatan should have gotten more than a fücking goal!
There's nothing outstanding about City's squad, but the same can be said about United. Both teams need a lot of improvement.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:16pm On Sep 10, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 3:16pm On Sep 10, 2016
Mourinho the father of route 1 football
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 3:16pm On Sep 10, 2016
dmcdad:

De Bruyne na boss na. That boi dey play plenty ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87WhkOie4GM
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 3:17pm On Sep 10, 2016
elampiro:

Even Mata and Young would have done better on the wings than Mkhitaryan and Lingard.

It's like SAF wasn't okay with something.

Elampiro, Valencia's positioning is poor..

There were atleast two occassions where he drew tight to an opponent on the flank (who wasnt with the ball)...only for another city player to run into the space created

Valencia did he best - he supplied width (especially in a match where our wingers failed to turn up) and he also showed commitment but I think there are still flaws that would make some people wish that we sign a natural RB.

He's still the best we have got at the moment though..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:17pm On Sep 10, 2016
dmcdad:

City impressed me. They exceeded my expectation. The defence I was afraid of did great in containing United, and especially Ibrahimovic.
They were able to contain Ibra because Lingard and Miki couldn't hold their own side of the bargain. Of course you don't expect Ibra to beat 3 4 defenders to score a goal or do you?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:18pm On Sep 10, 2016
Nihilstjnr:
Can we also get some KWAM1 in memoriam of Anthony Martial 11?
I also want to shout out the the great grandson of Ogendengbe himself, Mr Chief AdisaOwala III esquire.
Raumdeuter please help us with some Yoruba classics there...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTl0w8y95BI
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilstjnr: 3:18pm On Sep 10, 2016
nyabinghi:
Mourinho the father of route 1 football

Incidentally, undone by Route 1 football from City.

That first goal was the purest form of Route 1 kick-and-follow, straight out of the 1960s
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:19pm On Sep 10, 2016
elampiro:

I believe they had more stable team. I can coach City and they will finish top 4

Lol
that their defence na suspect.
I no trust am at all.

Pep Don try I no go lie.
but we go dey see.

arsenal fans wey dey party here
your house is on fire.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by T5OM: 3:19pm On Sep 10, 2016
Diademk07:

His defence and Gk na wash though...even worse than his Barca side.. He can't be lord with that.

Yet he won against club football's most prized players. Without his main talisman. With a 19-year-old boy.

He dominated the midfield and took the game to them. And his supposedly 'shady' defense conceded just one goal.

Need I go on, sir?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 3:19pm On Sep 10, 2016
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 3:21pm On Sep 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

Why the change of mind
Pep na my guy henceforth. Pep is good.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by capricornian(m): 3:21pm On Sep 10, 2016
elampiro:

I believe they had more stable team. I can coach City and they will finish top 4

Lol

They were better than us Elampiro. Some of our players didn't perform enough which made them better than us today...No winner wins all battles hey.

All I see are lessons to be learnt and that will make us dangerous
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 3:22pm On Sep 10, 2016
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by capricornian(m): 3:22pm On Sep 10, 2016
[quote author=RuuDie [/quote]

Are you still doing number 2 on yourself cos of our loss??!

Today must be XMAS for you, shame
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 3:22pm On Sep 10, 2016
eph12:

I agree with the 3 man midfield but then Rooney won't have any place in the team which is a taboo. If only Miki upped his game city would have been sorry by now. He was bullied and he gave up too easily. I can't afford to drop Smalling as a coach. Those justifying this I hope they see reason.
reports said he was injured on internationals. I didn't even see the first half so I can't really say but Jose should have known better...

I don't buy the Rooney-must nonsense, never had never will. I said if LvG insisted on that he was going to get himself sacked & so it was. If Mourinho doesn't learn from it, well that's his beeswax. The club must move forward no matter the sacrifice.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 3:23pm On Sep 10, 2016
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dmcdad: 3:24pm On Sep 10, 2016
eph12:

They were able to contain Ibra because Lingard and Miki couldn't hold their own side of the bargain. Of course you don't expect Ibra to beat 3 4 defenders to score a goal or do you?
Whatever the case is... Its not their fault Mourinho played the aforementioned duo. Although in his post match presser, he did highlight the fact that some of the players he put his trust on failed him, I guess alluding to the poor performances from those 2.

Anyway, it was a worthy derby. I really give City the praise cause they played outstandingly well albeit without their starman upfront. I imagine if he were present in all those counter attacks they had, it would probably have been a different kettle of fish.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:24pm On Sep 10, 2016
This useless Arsenal should not use their raggae to spoil our blues here

ets focus on one parryy no neeed for distraction

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 3:25pm On Sep 10, 2016
SailorXY:
reports said he was injured on internationals. I didn't even see the first half so I can't really say but Jose should have known better...

I don't buy the Rooney-must nonsense, never had never will. I said if LvG insisted on that he was going to get himself sacked & so it was. If Mourinho doesn't learn from it, well that's his beeswax. The club must move forward no matter the sacrifice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrLkTZrPZA4
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 3:25pm On Sep 10, 2016
AdisaOwala:

Elampiro, Valencia's positioning is poor..

There were atleast two occassions where he drew tight to an opponent on the flank (who wasnt with the ball)...only for another city player to run into the space created

Valencia did he best - he supplied width (especially in a match where our wingers failed to turn up) and he also showed commitment but I think there are still flaws that would make some people wish that we sign a natural RB.

He's still the best we have got at the moment though..

This is true. He's our best RB, but he has his flaws. A natural RB better than him will be the best.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 3:27pm On Sep 10, 2016
capricornian:

Are you still doing number 2 on yourself cos of our loss??!

Today must be XMAS for you, shame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9capxlmuh4
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 3:28pm On Sep 10, 2016
T5OM:

Yet he won against club football's most prized players. Without his main talisman. With a 19-year-old boy.

He dominated the midfield and took the game to them. And his supposedly 'shady' defense conceded just one goal.

Need I go on, sir?

That does not negate the fact that his defence & gk were all over the place..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 3:29pm On Sep 10, 2016
T5OM:

Need I go on, sir?

That does not negate the fact that his defence & gk were all over the place..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 10d0ve(m): 3:29pm On Sep 10, 2016
ollah1:

I thought you said u weren't pained with the outcome, why quote me? Where you expecting him to wallop him 5 -0 again? You are indeed a bad person. City had more chances, possession, shots on/off target. Ain't that schooling enough?

I wonder o! City attackers r not really ruthless if not, this could have easily ended 1-4.... Anyone that didn't see the game shouldn't let sentimental eyes deceive him!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 3:31pm On Sep 10, 2016
capricornian:

They were better than us Elampiro. Some of our players didn't perform enough which made them better than us today...No winner wins all battles hey.

All I see are lessons to be learnt and that will make us dangerous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVr__5Addjw
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:33pm On Sep 10, 2016
sinizia:
I wanted to watch the match till the end before giving my appraisal.

I'll start with the man that cost us the match - Mourinho.

Mourinho showed he didn't learn anything from van Goat's mistakes, I wonder what he's doing during his free periods. Doesn't he read the papers? Doesn't he read pundits' criticisms of United last season? He repeated all van Goat's mistakes. He went for the wrong players and played them out of positions. Same thing that made me hate van Goat. His first mistake was sticking with Rooney despite how useless he's been for 4 years now. Rooney has been this season and even against Slovakia, England fans complained and yet Mourinho stuck with him. Read this space, Mourinho will NEVER succeed if Rooney is a sure starter. He couldn't sub him and instead pushed Rushford to the wings and Mhiki too. Rooney is holding the success of Rashford, Mhiki and Mata, all by himself. What was Rooney doing at wings where Lingard ought to have started? And then removing Shaw and keeping quiet as United kept sending the ball in the air hoping for some useless luck during the ending stages. What happened to asking them to keep it a bit low? Mourinho killed this match. Enough said.

De Gea - good keeper. No doubts.
Valencia - simply our best player. A rare gem.
Bailly - was shaky, was also to be blamed for our first goal. He improved in the second-half but his first-half was all shades of wrong. But he wasn't helped with our poor midfield in the first-half. He needs to improve, a lot too.
Blind - I wasn't surprised, me and elampiro have stated it so many times that he's not a defender. If Mourinho can't find a place in the midfield for him, he'd be sold or benched. He's useless in the first-half.
Shaw - nothing spectacular but was defensively solid.
Fellani - was our only recognizable and competent midfielder, rooney and Pogba were too useless.
Pogba - flop of the match. He's only good with a good DM like Kante to sit back and mop his mistakes. Waste of money.
Rooney - total failure. Only positive thing is his fighting spirit.
Lingard and Mhiki - played out of position. Mourinho to be blamed.
Ibra - our best striker. Derived of any helping hand up front no thanks to Mourinho benching Rashford.
Rashford - has great potential and one helluva of a striker but Mourinho keeps wasting his talent. I saw it coming with Ibra's punchase.

On Man Shitty, Guardiola is a good coach, take away the hate and you'd see that. He has his philosophies but it requires the right players to implement. He'd be winner with another side but he might not succeed with City's current side. The City side is not good enough to implement his visions consistently. I see City improving to a great force if all Guardiola's ideas are properly mastered.

Sane, Stones and Bravo - are all frauds though. With this match we can lay to rest that Guardiola doesn't defend. It's a lie. The truth is a coach will defend or attack depending on his players. City is no Barca so expect defensive games in some matches.

The only positive thing for me is that this is not a title deciding match. So both coaches have all the time to improve their squad's style of play.

Your criticism of Rooney showed that you didn't watch the match.

You said what was Rooney doing on the wing when Lingard ought to have started. Mr Man, Lingard started and Rooney didnt start from the wing.

Secondly, you said Rooney is blocking Rashford, Mkhitaryan and Mata. But Rooney far performed Mkhitaryan today. Even Opabunmi would have done far better than Mkhitaryan today.

E be like say you don already program your brain to always criticize Rooney.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by capricornian(m): 3:33pm On Sep 10, 2016
SailorXY:

Sailor, Rooney was one of our best players today.... Just as Mou said, players can let a COACH down anytime. He probably played well during training....he played well during last match...no one would have predicted he would have played so poorly

(1) (2) (3) ... (3262) (3263) (3264) (3265) (3266) (3267) (3268) ... (14186) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.