Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,216 members, 7,811,602 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3832) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8682681 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3829) (3830) (3831) (3832) (3833) (3834) (3835) ... (14144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 10:58am On Feb 28, 2017
Abeg Herrera is better. Kante just dey garner recognition because he plays for table toppers.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:08am On Feb 28, 2017
dopeJemi:
at all my brother

At the end of the day, its this kind of stats that makes us appreciate what we have more.

Herrera has been so impressive this season for us and should be appreciated more. Maybe it's because of where we are on the table right now but if our attack has done their bit this season we should have been up there with CFC fighting for the title.

So for now, #Kante will still continue getting more recognition more than Herrara.

#GGMU

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 11:11am On Feb 28, 2017
SIRcumalot:

Is this shielding business not Matic job for CFC?

Kante is actually carrying Matic. This season, he doesn't read danger half as well as Matic. Only this I've noticed Matic do well is try to get forward with little success but otherwise he's just been an extra defensive help fot Kante.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:19am On Feb 28, 2017
Lana1:
This top 4 race dey our hands...
E dey our hands since na
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:55am On Feb 28, 2017
SIRcumalot:

I see colour everywhere mehn.
A defensive Midfielder who skin colour is black na serious edge.
Just look at Kante for example lcfc don try replace am with two black Defensive midfield and he(kante) took another black man's job (Mikel) and who knows how far this sheet goes.
I agree with Patrickmuf in that,swap Kante for Herrera in (his black face paint of course) and things don't change for both of us.
I can't run this squakwa matrix stuff for some reason but check Kante Vs Herrera. I did it a while back and I was surprised things fit don change now sha.

OK, I agree a bit on blacks generally being known for their strength, buy I don't agree it's the reason why Kante is getting more praises than Herrera. I insist, swap Herrera with Kante and Herrera being in this solid Chelshit team will receive more praises than Kante. The team that does well usually have its players recognized more. If season ends now, expect many of Chelshit players in the PFA team of the year. It's same thing that happened with Tottenham. Herrera is not being recognized coz our team is not playing well.

Let me drive my point further. For the past 3 seasons De Gea has been our saviour, pulling off saves upon saves. Ridiculous saves. Yet, with all his heroics, I've never seen any credible site that will rate him above Neuer. Why? One of the reasons is coz while we're struggling in the league, playing in Europa League, crashing out of the group stage of the UCL, Neuer is winning the World Cup, adding their league titles to his harem, while featuring in the UCL constantly. This advantage means that no matter what DDG does, Neuer will never lose his position as number one over him. Competitions, titles, results and quality of teams helps the popularity of a player. Zlatan can score all the goals in the world but since he's not playing in the UCL, he won't be recognized with other top strikers enjoying the royalty of the champions league. Lukaku with all his impressive stats is being overlooked coz of his team. Herrera wont get his due respect till the team becomes a force to be reckoned with.

Kante has his strengths, Herrera has his too. Herrera for example can't cover the field tirelessly like Kante does, but Herrera create more goal scoring chances in the final third than Kante, and has more vision because he wasn't even a DM to begin with.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:58am On Feb 28, 2017
larride:

At the end of the day, its this kind of stats that makes us appreciate what we have more.

Herrera has been so impressive this season for us and should be appreciated more. Maybe it's because of where we are on the table right now but if our attack has done their bit this season we should have been up there with CFC fighting for the title.

So for now, #Kante will still continue getting more recognition more than Herrara.

#GGMU

Exactly. Even Pogba has been denied his due praises and assists because we're profligate in front of the post. Our position on the table is the reason Herrera is not getting recognized.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 12:17pm On Feb 28, 2017
sinizia:

Exactly. Even Pogba has been denied his due praises and assists because we're profligate in front of the post. Our position on the table is the reason Herrera is not getting recognized.

Exactly, you can't compare someone that's doing his job and his other team mates are doing theirs and they are on top of the table with someone that's doing his job perfectly well and his other team mates are not doing their part too well and languishing in 6th.

Both Kante and Herrera has their strength and weakness and we should just appreciate the ones we have. At the end of the day, Herrera is giving us what Kante is giving CFC, the difference this season has been their front 3 and ours and not necessarily Kante.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:09pm On Feb 28, 2017
Nice comparison context from you guys above,non sentimental at all!!

#Respeck cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:21pm On Feb 28, 2017
At chelshit, they have all front three even alonso, contributing to the goals but at United if Ibra don't score we struggle. Those other guys need to wake up in terms of scoring.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 1:34pm On Feb 28, 2017
sinizia:

OK, I agree a bit on blacks generally being known for their strength, buy I don't agree it's the reason why Kante is getting more praises than Herrera. I insist, swap Herrera with Kante and Herrera being in this solid Chelshit team will receive more praises than Kante.
I can live with this mehn,
Particular the part wey Dey bold.

I never really cared much for Herrera on this board and I don talk many times but the guy na baller.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 1:52pm On Feb 28, 2017
larride:

#GGMU
Well said!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 1:54pm On Feb 28, 2017
good good, very good... if na so we dey agree on things, fights and complaints for no dey too much cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordmaniac(m): 1:57pm On Feb 28, 2017
eph12:
At chelshit, they have all front three even alonso, contributing to the goals but at United if Ibra don't score we struggle. THOSE OTHER GUYS need to wake up in terms of SCORING.

Don't worry I shall be with you soon!

Love..Griezzy bee!...... wink

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 5:37pm On Feb 28, 2017
Sir Alex Ferguson thinks Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho ‘is the manager the club have been looking for since he retired,’ according to the Daily Mail.
Mourinho was appointed manager in the summer, and has already won the Community Shield and the EFL Cup in the space of nine months.
The club are sixth in the Premier League table, but they are just two points behind fourth-placed Arsenal in the race for Champions League qualification.
The positive feeling around Old Trafford has not been present on a regular basis since Ferguson’s retirement in 2013.
David Moyes was appointed as his initial replacement, but the Scot was sacked after less than a year in charge.
Louis van Gaal fared somewhat better, lasting two years from May 2014, winning the FA Cup in his final game, but Mourinho is considered as Ferguson’s most successful replacement yet.
According to Matt Lawton and Mike Keegan of the Daily Mail , Ferguson himself believes that Mourinho is the man the club ‘have been looking for’.
‘Sir Alex Ferguson has told former colleagues that he thinks Mourinho is the manager the club have been looking for since he retired, and other senior figures share that view. ‘It’s hindsight, of course, but we really do wish we’d got him three years ago,’ one insider remarked.
‘What they like about Mourinho is the approach he has taken to managing the club. Ferguson admires the fact that there is so much emphasis on the performance of the individual in training when it comes to picking the team. Others appreciate how little he has changed at Carrington.’
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lordfalcao(m): 6:08pm On Feb 28, 2017
Noise everywhere, Stats don show all in football that is why we have brains.. How many Key runs and movement does he have over kante. Herrera is better than Kante, Yet kante is running away with the title back to back due to his hard work..

Keep wailing...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 6:28pm On Feb 28, 2017
who let this dog out

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lincolnn2: 6:36pm On Feb 28, 2017
elampiro:

Rooney has led us to win this cup before, winning MOTM in both occasions.
I think what the mean is that a 35years old Zlatan is leading from the front, orchestrating play,scoring goals and bailing his teammates out when they need him. In short, Zlatan is the real leader in the team unlike Rooney who just stink up the whole place whenever he's chosen to lead the attack. I mean look at Zlatan, a 35years old man pushing 36years, yet showing no sign of letting up, he's fit and always ready to play match, unlike Rooney who is perpetually ill or injured. And don't talk about Rooney's past and how he has done some spectacular things in the past. Zlatan also has a past, he's a proven winner everywhere he goes.
So yes, I agree with what the guy said. Rooney should just scram! He should be ashamed that a 35years old is keeping him out of the team. undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lincolnn2: 6:41pm On Feb 28, 2017
Let's do a poll on Zlatan staying for another season or not.

If you are in support of Zlatan staying for one more season,click like. If you are in support of Zlatan leaving in the summer, click share. cool

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:51pm On Feb 28, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

Don't worry I shall be with you soon!

Love..Griezzy bee!...... wink
grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 7:04pm On Feb 28, 2017
eph12:

E dey our hands since na
Yh. And everytime the opportunity presents itself, we go draw. Hopefully, dat wont happen again...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 7:33pm On Feb 28, 2017
Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba is first player to complete 1,000 passes in opponents' half this season in the Premier League

The extent of Paul Pogba's growing influence in the Premier League can be revealed in statistics showing the Manchester United midfielder as the top flight's top passer in opponents' halves this season.

Data courtesy of EA SPORTS shows that Pogba, 23, is the first player to complete over 1,000 passes at the attacking end of the pitch in the current campaign.

The France midfielder returned to Old Trafford last summer in a £89million move from Juventus – and there have been some questions about him finding his feet back in England.

But it would appear that Pogba is certainly beginning to exert himself from midfield for United.

He outshines Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson, Arsenal's Mesut Ozil and David Silva, of Manchester City, in the passing stats in the opposition half.

Pogba has managed a pass completion rate of 83.05 per cent in the territory of the teams he has faced, clocking up 1,029 successfully picked-out balls.

The 1,000-mark was passed in United's 1-0 win over Watford earlier this month – and comes in spite of Pogba's team having played a game less than their rivals.

He also missed his side's first game of the season as the paperwork on his world-record transfer went through.

On occasions over his 37 appearances for United, Pogba has looked the midfield powerhouse that a man with a combination of his physique and talent should be.

And these latest stats give an indication of how influential he can become as Manchester United expect Pogba to hit his peak.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4268342/Manchester-United-star-Paul-Pogba-tops-PL-passing-stats.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 7:39pm On Feb 28, 2017
Herrera just dey beat Kante on every aspect. We all will agree that Kante only has more Energy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordmaniac(m): 8:53pm On Feb 28, 2017
Lincolnn2:

If you are in support of Zlatan staying for one more season,click like. If you are in support of Zlatan leaving in the summer, click share. cool

Is there any need for this poll? Ibra is going NOWHERE....in fact make we bet cash abeg..to make it sweeter! Anyone the club signs is coming to assist him and not replace him!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CONTEDDICTED: 11:48pm On Feb 28, 2017
Kante has been recognized because he plays for table toppers or because he made table toppers ?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 12:32am On Mar 01, 2017
Liverpool score ONE, con think say dem go equalize.

With which players?? Abeg, Make una pay rent, collect key abeg (6th position) #MUFC

Man Utd In Pidgin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 12:42am On Mar 01, 2017
Smalling na standard mumu.

Man Utd In Pidgin

These guys won't kill person with laughter. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 12:44am On Mar 01, 2017
Dem go pass ball give Smalling, first thing he go do NA to spread leg and spread hand, Last-last NA to pass back give DeGea. No sense at all

grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 12:46am On Mar 01, 2017
Na wa ooo. See ehn, this thing we dey play no get name at all. No be ball be dis. #MUFC

Man Utd In Pidgin
Oh lawd!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 4:15am On Mar 01, 2017
my take on this Zlatan issue is that Zlatan shouldn't be here next season, unless his playing time will be reduced like Rooney's, so as to give more playing times to the youngsters to develop otherwise he should move on. the club should move on from him.

we shouldn't sacrifice long term growth for short-term achievement. No. we should plan for the long term, just as we're enjoying short term achievement.

but I won't be surprised to see Zlatan here next season as he exemplified the typical Mourinho striker through and through.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 4:21am On Mar 01, 2017
Lincolnn2:

looks like the 'ayes' have it. more 'likes' than 'shares'...

oh well......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:25am On Mar 01, 2017
Man I just saw the Bayern vs Hamburg game...8 fvcking goals...Them crazy fvcks mean business...RIP Arsenal.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:13am On Mar 01, 2017
UniqueGem:
Dem go pass ball give Smalling, first thing he go do NA to spread leg and spread hand, Last-last NA to pass back give DeGea. No sense at all

grin grin grin

What an Observation?!

LOL

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3829) (3830) (3831) (3832) (3833) (3834) (3835) ... (14144) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: eph12(m), Ellexy, hateshit and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.