Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,793 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:28 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9156093 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4334) (4335) (4336) (4337) (4338) (4339) (4340) ... (14373) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 9:34am On Aug 09, 2017
Mourinho is suffering from Parkinson's syndrome and has turned united into Queen parks rangers against big teams.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lordfalcao(m): 9:35am On Aug 09, 2017
PietroRico:
I dunno where you are getting your figures from, but when 70m can only get you the Lukakus and Moratas of this world, then yes it would be unreasonable to expect to win against a Real Madrid side just off the back of taking the likes of Juve and Bayern to the cleaners.

It would be unreasonable to expect a team that is still being assemble to defeat a well oiled machine that has been firing on all cylinders for the past 4 years
but Una win for preason against almost this starting lineup grin and we thought you people have arrived..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 9:36am On Aug 09, 2017
SIRcumalot:
I wonder how much kroos,modric and ororo go cost for this new market.

Which is exactly why the 'player x cost this and player y that' line of argument is mostly useless and should only be for banter

Someone would come and say kroos cost 25m, donkey years ago and use it to laugh at another player that was bought only yesterday.

Go and price kroos now make we see

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 9:40am On Aug 09, 2017
lordfalcao:
but Una win for preason against almost this starting lineup grin and we thought you people have arrived..
I would be more concerned if I jubilated after my team beat Wenger and his boys in pre season, only to get disgraced by welbeck, iwobi and mertescerker when it really mattered

13 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:43am On Aug 09, 2017
Odunharry:

Honestly when i saw the line up and noticed we didn't use speedy winger i kn we are in for it.
I believe we will pick up our points from the smaller teams. That's my hope.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 9:45am On Aug 09, 2017
My alarm bells will ring when we begin to play nonsense against average pl teams like West ham and Arsenal
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lordfalcao(m): 9:45am On Aug 09, 2017
PietroRico:
I would be more concerned if I jubilated after my team beat Wenger and his boys in pre season, only to get disgraced by welbeck, iwobi and mertescerker when it really mattered
I think you lost 2-0 to these set of players too...

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sod09(m): 9:45am On Aug 09, 2017
nyabinghi:
Mourinho is suffering from Parkinson's syndrome and has turned united into Queen parks rangers against big teams.
im i the only one yet to get the joke undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:46am On Aug 09, 2017
Leyqute:
Mou's post match comments -

"I think we did well. We lost 2-1 which, I think, shows the result was really short, and one of the goals was offside so with a good VAR [video assistant referee] it would be 1-1 and extra time.

"I think they could score more goals than they did, we could score more goals than we did. They had a period of dominance in the middle of the first half, we had a period of dominance in the middle of the second half and some balance in the beginning of the game.

"We were playing against a team of fantastic players and we discussed the result until almost the end, not the end but almost the end."

Nigga z blind.
Maybe a 6-1 scoreline would have opened his eyes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:47am On Aug 09, 2017
Nihilstjnr:

Sailor!!!!!!!
Bro how far? I never die o just say the kind SF encampment them go dump me no be here. Last Sunday na the first time wey I hold my mobile for more than 5mins straight in 6 months. I don return to our jakujaku contiri albeit na short term cut out.

I see all your mentions. For your mind you don score W on this Lukaku abi cheesy better him than Morata tho tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 9:48am On Aug 09, 2017
lordfalcao:
I think you lost 2-0 to these set of players too...
you could as well tell me about our result against them in the year 77BC
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 9:49am On Aug 09, 2017
SIRcumalot:
I wonder how much kroos,modric and ororo go cost for this new market.

Ororo: £1 billion

Modric: £750m

Kroos: £500m

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:56am On Aug 09, 2017
SIRcumalot:

we didn't sit back and allow Madrid to attack us.some bonehead plays from a few Guys but we attacked right back too.
the game just shows the kind gap between the English teams an the top European sides.
the top team in epl will suffer the same fate if not more sef. they don't have gidigbo football as back up.
We did! Unless we're attacking or it's a long ball, every of our players except Lukaku were always on our own half. They had all the time to move the ball from defense to attack via the midfield without experiencing problems most of the time.

The worst part of it all was that we couldn't string passes together successfully without losing the ball almost immediately. Then we had no wide players to drag out or torment their full backs or other defenders.

The space between our midfield and attack was just too much and that's why attacks break before they even start or threaten. Nobody to carry the ball the extra mile like Modric and Isco we're doing. I believe we will get there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 9:57am On Aug 09, 2017
sod09:
im i the only one yet to get the joke undecided undecided
abi i lie
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:57am On Aug 09, 2017
Oasis007:

I dey tell you. We have the Qualities to wither the Madrid Storm, yet he chose to hide under a Canopy!

If United wish to go far in the Champions League, then JM needs to change his Mentality and tactical Plans against the Big Teams.

I'm ain't a Mourinholic, and ain't gonna lick his Ass..... if he fails to change his mentality and tactical Plans against Big Teams, I would happily hope the Club does not renew his Contract.
how many UCL has he won?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 10:01am On Aug 09, 2017
AdisaOwala go just dey observeb, drop one Pogba shot, go back to observation.. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:05am On Aug 09, 2017
SIRcumalot:

Madrid put up a clinic on passing the ball and we couldn't keep up when we played to our advantage:long ball and more physical plays,we made some noise.
na preseason be that.
the league first,before any talk of mixing it with the big boys in europe. yesterday Match showed that.

We have Cheski, Liverpool, Manxity, Tottenham to play in the league. These are the top teams in the league. Are you saying we should use the same fearful tactics against them?

I see everything as a reflection of Mou's mentality. Once hes afraid of a team he'll go defensive and cripple his attack. If not, he'll come out gun-blazing.

Shame, he was afraid of Arsenal towards the end of last season.

Seems he doesn't know what he's got. Imagine Ferguson or any other sensible manager was the coach yesternight. How would he set up the team?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:08am On Aug 09, 2017
SailorXY:
how many UCL has he won?

grin

Two of Course!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:08am On Aug 09, 2017
Nihilstjnr:

Manyoo had chances. That Lukaku Miss. That Pogba header. That Rashford one-on-one.

Those were clear cut chances. There were a couple of half chances as well. I think Pogba at the edge of the box and maybe that brainless Lukaku offside.

But to deny you were played off the park by a rampant Madrid is to bury your head in the sand. There were sustained periods of Madrid possession where Keylor Navas was the only Madrid player not camped in the Manyoo half.

Isco Benz and Bale were constantly taking turns on Lindelof, and Pogba lost the possession foolishly close to his own box to start a passage of play that led to one of the goals.

Just look at the move for the second goal, and see how your entire defence and midfield were opened up like a can of geisha. Look at the move that led to Bale hitting the bar. Look at the move that led to a Asensio forcing a point blank save from De Gea.

In each if these cases, at least 5 players were removed from the board. If you count that offside goal, the pass from Carvajal to Casemiro cleaned out at least 4 manyoo players including all 3 central midfielders, Lingard and then Lindelof.

These issues are what your brethren are complaning of...forget the 60.40 possession stats or attempts on goal..or even the 2-1 scoreline. Those numbers flatter United enormously.
God bless you
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 10:14am On Aug 09, 2017
PietroRico:
AdisaOwala go just dey observeb, drop one Pogba shot, go back to observation.. grin

Lol

I no too dey reason pre-season friendlies...hence my perceived "observation" mode.

Atleast some other people don dey realise say Pogba na liability to the side - I wasn't even the 1st person to criticize him. cheesy

PietroRico:

Which is exactly why the 'player x cost this and player y that' line of argument is mostly useless and should only be for banter

Does this mean that the metrics for rating a player who cost 5m should be the same with one who costs 50m?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 10:23am On Aug 09, 2017
Nihilstjnr:

So what can you reasonably expect from a team that spent 200m in transfers last year and another 200m this summer.

Is it unreasonable to expect a more competitive showing from Mourinho given his outlay on the squad?

200millions?

Where did you pull that figure out from?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lordfalcao(m): 10:27am On Aug 09, 2017
PietroRico:
you could as well tell me about our result against them in the year 77BC
the game arsenal won Chelsea is it not result??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 10:39am On Aug 09, 2017
Leyqute:

We have Cheski, Liverpool, Manxity, Tottenham to play in the league. These are the top teams in the league. Are you saying we should use the same fearful tactics against them?

I see everything as a reflection of Mou's mentality. Once hes afraid of a team he'll go defensive and cripple his attack. If not, he'll come out gun-blazing.

Seems he doesn't know what he's got. Imagine Ferguson or any other sensible manager was the coach yesternight. How would he set up the team?
none of those teams are of the same caliber as the Madrid side,they certainly can't pass the ball like that,that was what couldn't deal with it.
We threw the Arsenal game because of the Europa.
We've a much better squad than last year so we suppose dey alright.
No coach fit change the outcome of that yesterday match. Our team is not there yet in comparison to the big guys for Europe.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilstjnr: 10:47am On Aug 09, 2017
SailorXY:
Bro how far? I never die o just say the kind SF encampment them go dump me no be here. Last Sunday na the first time wey I hold my mobile for more than 5mins straight in 6 months. I don return to our jakujaku contiri albeit na short term cut out.

I see all your mentions. For your mind you don score W on this Lukaku abi cheesy better him than Morata tho tongue

Damn. Good to see you're ok. Take am easy out there fam.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 10:48am On Aug 09, 2017
AdisaOwala:

Lol

I no too dey reason pre-season friendlies...hence my perceived "observation" mode.

Atleast some other people don dey realise say Pogba na liability to the side - I wasn't even the 1st person to criticize him. cheesy

Does this mean that the metrics for rating a player who cost 5m should be the same with one who costs 50m?
in the end, it's all just numbers,numbers that really should be more of a problem for the club's accountant, not fans.

So I really don't see why the metric should be different
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 10:50am On Aug 09, 2017
Leyqute:

Ferguson has lost to Madrid teams more times than any top manager, and teams he lost to are not particularly better than this Madrid team, and he(Ferguson) had better players. Let's stop this negative talks. We won't play Madrid every week. Mourinho's inter Milan met Barcelona early in the group stage of the 2010 UCL and were outclassed by the then champions. Fast forward 7 months later in the semis, inter eliminated the same Barca. We have seen our weaknesses and will work on them. -Juventus, Bayern and Athletico were beaten with a heavier scoreline few weeks ago, and you expect a team featuring 3 players that were not our players few days ago to go toe to toe with a team that has won the champions league 3 times in fours year? And are currently Spanish champions? No matter anything you said the boys did well, if Rashford had tucked away his Chance( and nobody is talking about it, we only dwell on criticizing players we have an agenda on) it would been extra time. When you are a manager you can't do much when your opposition has superior players than you. People saying mourinho played defensive yesterday are just jokers, how come the team were able to create begging chances. Sometimes we don't analyse football we just follow bandwagon to criticize

Every other team in the EPL will receive a good beating from Madrid, so let's reserve our negative comments.

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lordemperoris100(m): 11:03am On Aug 09, 2017
i warned the magad fc that Madrid is not their mate in every aspect but the were forming De gat HIGHER NUMBER OF FB LIKES
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 11:09am On Aug 09, 2017
CapitalCee:

Ferguson has lost to Madrid teams more times than any top manager, and teams he lost to are not particularly better than this Madrid team, and he(Ferguson) had better players. Let's stop this negative talks. We won't play Madrid every week. Mourinho's inter Milan met Barcelona early in the group stage of the 2010 UCL and were outclassed by the then champions. Fast forward 7 months later in the semis, inter eliminated the same Barca. We have seen our weaknesses and will work on them. -Juventus, Bayern and Athletico were beaten with a heavier scoreline few weeks ago, and you expect a team featuring 3 players that were not our players few days ago to go toe to toe with a team that has won the champions league 3 times in fours year? And are currently Spanish champions? No matter anything you said the boys did well, if Rashford had tucked away his Chance( and nobody is talking about it, we only dwell on criticizing players we have an agenda on) it would been extra time. When you are a manager you can't do much when your opposition has superior players than you. People saying mourinho played defensive yesterday are just jokers, how come the team were able to create begging chances. Sometimes we don't analyse football we just follow bandwagon to criticize

Every other team in the EPL will receive a good beating from Madrid, so let's reserve our negative comments.
1st match of the season, sinizia don dey remind us of how he warn all of us and Woodward against buying Pogba but Woodward no listen.

I'm sure when Woodward sees it he will learn and not make the same mistake of not listening to him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 11:38am On Aug 09, 2017
They should just declare yesterday and today The day of resurrection because i could see the dead walking...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:52am On Aug 09, 2017
SIRcumalot:

none of those teams are of the same caliber as the Madrid side,they certainly can't pass the ball like that,that was what couldn't deal with it.
We threw the Arsenal game because of the Europa.
We've a much better squad than last year so we suppose dey alright.
No coach fit change the outcome of that yesterday match. Our team is not there yet in comparison to the big guys for Europe.

It might be too soon to pull out the guns but if we want to get back to the top in Europe we can't play like we did yesterday.

And it seems the way we played yesterday is Mourinho's default settings when meeting quality opponents in Europe and England.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:57am On Aug 09, 2017
CapitalCee:

There's nothing negative in my comments. It's what I see and have been seeing.

I'm not pained at the loss, I'm pained at the manner we lost. We surrendered the ball to them and were marking spaces while they were pulling the springs of the match.

Fergie might have lost to less quality teams in Europe but it won't be in this manner.

The way up is not by defending, it's by attacking and scoring goals. You can ask Barcelona and R. Madrid. Athletic Madrid were eliminated last season in UCL by Madrid majorly because they went to the Bernabeu to defend.

I'm not saying we shouldn't have a good defense but we mustnt be on the defense for large spells in a game. You invite the opponent to attack you that way.

If you're okay with the manner, attitude and character Mou approached yesternight's match then you don't wish Man Utd well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:59am On Aug 09, 2017
Lordemperoris100:
i warned the magad fc that Madrid is not their mate in every aspect but the were forming De gat HIGHER NUMBER OF FB LIKES

This guy is maadt. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (4334) (4335) (4336) (4337) (4338) (4339) (4340) ... (14373) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.