Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8717662 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4405) (4406) (4407) (4408) (4409) (4410) (4411) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 25, 2017
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:54pm On Aug 25, 2017
cheesy

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:37am On Aug 26, 2017
I just Migrated from The Sony Household, all my friends refused to see the light angry

Catch me on Xbox at "Ak47sFor9jaKidz" FIFA 17.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 6:11am On Aug 26, 2017
NUFF SAID:

"Zlatan knows me and he knows that I play the players that I think are best for the team. So if he comes here and he proves he is the best, he plays. If the other ones don't give him a chance to prove that… that is life. But I try always to be honest with my players and with my team. Maybe sometimes I don't always do the correct things but I try.

My squad is better for sure. It is one more option. It is one more striker. It is one more experienced player. It is one more player that can play nine or ten, that can play double strikers.

We have lots of matches to play. If we progress in the Champions League and if we progress in one of the cups, we would be in a position where we couldn't do it with only Lukaku and Rashford, especially if I play both together. If I play with both, I would need another striker so probably in January I would be knocking on Ed Woodward's door asking for a striker for the second part of the season.
Now I don't need to knock on the door. I have one of the best in the world

Everyone knows I would like a fourth player and I cannot hide that because I had that in my mind. But I am happy if I am not going to have that and I don't think I am going to have that. I was the first to tell my board not to feel any kind of pressure from me in that respect. Probably next summer, I will have to try and get a player from a position I think can make us stronger."

Jose Mourinho...www.skysports.com

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dantedasz(m): 6:51am On Aug 26, 2017
Exciting times ahead at OT.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Godstraight(m): 8:09am On Aug 26, 2017
GloryIsaac:

That Herrera put in his backpocket smiley
for one match?,our about the other games they met
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Godstraight(m): 8:10am On Aug 26, 2017
Vanquay:

Hazards biggest achievement is "Tearing Man utd apart" occasionally meanwhile our players are busy receiving European awards...Guy receive sense grin
you mean Europa league awards?,
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 8:42am On Aug 26, 2017
Godstraight:
you mean Europa league awards?,
even messi no see anyone win.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 8:49am On Aug 26, 2017
Vanquay:
I just Migrated from The Sony Household, all my friends refused to see the light angry

Catch me on Xbox at "Ak47sFor9jaKidz" FIFA 17.

Give 5 concrete reasons to convince us beyond all doubt why we should care.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Godstraight(m): 8:49am On Aug 26, 2017
odizeey:
even messi no see anyone win.
messi didn't participate in the Europa league though, same with hazard.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:32am On Aug 26, 2017
“Zlatan is going to arrive into a ready-made team. He is going to arrive mid-season with the team playing in a certain way, and with players having what I call the functional links in the dynamic of the team. So, nobody should be worried with Zlatan and I think, for you, it's just a funny exercise of football brain to try to anticipate [how we are going to set up] when he comes back.

“But we are going to be a better squad [when Zlatan is fit]. For example, if we play at the weekend, and, two days later, we play against Burton, and I want to give a rest to my two strikers. Who do I play against Burton? I have to play Rashford or Lukaku. I don't have another one to play, so I cannot give rest to my players, I cannot do rotation with them like I'm going to do with the midfield players or with the central defenders or with the wingers, so we need a striker.

“We need a striker and we have one striker just around the corner that belongs to our family, that likes to be with us and play for us, we know well and he is one of the best strikers in the world. So, the only consequence of it is that we are going to have a much better squad.”

- Jose Mourinho

At the bold part - seems Jose has converted Martial to a Winger?! He's no more a potential Striker to him anymore and he needs to build his Game as a Winger!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:55am On Aug 26, 2017
Godstraight:
messi didn't participate in the Europa league though, same with hazard.
their problem
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:58am On Aug 26, 2017
Oasis007:

At the bold part - seems Jose has converted Martial to a Winger?! He's no more a potential Striker to him anymore and he needs to build his Game as a Winger!

Martial is most lethal as a winger. Unless he's played in a SS position, he's going to stink up the whole joint. Let him remain a winger, abeg.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:08am On Aug 26, 2017
Mourinho may have made a stupid mistake of not recruiting an LB and RW this season, but one thing he's gotten right is returning Mhikitaryan as an AM. I complained a lot about this last season and it seems he's finally seen the light.

Playing Pogba as an AM is a disaster waiting to happen. He's not that kind of guy that run at defenders for a long time before squeezing in a through pass for our strikers. He controls the midfield. But Mhikitaryan gives us that. He has a vision like Pogba, can dribble, has pace and most importantly, can run with ball at his over a reasonable distance giving our attackers the chance to show up at different positions to receive a through pass.

I've no doubt that Mhikitaryan will perform better than last season if he's not shunted out to the wings again. If Mourinho can't play him at his natural position, he'd just bench him. Putting him on the wings is a waste of his talent. This link below wrote everything I've said about this Mhiki's issue last season.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/25/henrikh-mkhitaryan-have-manchester-united-finally-found-no-10/
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:48am On Aug 26, 2017
sinizia:

Martial is most lethal as a winger. Unless he's played in a SS position, he's going to stink up the whole joint. Let him remain a winger, abeg.

I also believe he's most lethal on the Wing, but is he ready to shelve his Striker Ambition and concentrate on his Development as a Winger?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tvegas(m): 11:07am On Aug 26, 2017
sinizia:
Mourinho may have made a stupid mistake of not recruiting an LB and RW this season, but one thing he's gotten right is returning Mhikitaryan as an AM. I complained a lot about this last season and it

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/25/henrikh-mkhitaryan-have-manchester-united-finally-found-no-10/

Please cut Mourhino some slack and stop being overly pessimistic .

I disagree that we dont have options at the LB. Blind,Shaw,Darmian and Rojo can man that position.

The only position where we are undermanned is the RW even at that we have various utility players to cover up there, Young can easily deputise for Mata on that wing when he is fit.We have to believe in the manager and the team.

Our major setback last season was that we couldn't convert the loads of chances created to goals not these RW or LB issue and that problem has been sorted this season . Lets have faith.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:19am On Aug 26, 2017
Tvegas:

Cut Mourhino some slack please and stop being overly pessimistic .

I disagree that we dont have options at the LB. Blind,Shaw,Darmian and Rojo can man that position. The only position where we are undermanned is the RW even at that we have various utility players to cover up there, Young can easily deputise for Mata on that wing when he is fit.

We have to believe in the manager and the team.
Our major setback last season was that we couldn't convert the chances created to goals and that problem has been sorted this season. Lets have faith.

Do we need to go over Board simply to counter a Post or make our own Point(s)?! Is he being pessimistic with the Post for real?! I think he's not..... coz if he is, he wouldn't be asking for more reinforcement for the Team.

JM keeps saying he wouldn't mind the fourth Signing - a RW precisely, hence he's right to ask for the same. Moreso JM said in the Press Conference that Shaw isn't ready yet, and Rojo will come back in December.

Besides he said; JM may have made a stupid Mistake......! Thus how is he wrong with his submissions in the Post?!

Cut yourself some Slacks bro, and stop stylishly asking for cheap Likes.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:41am On Aug 26, 2017
Tvegas:

Please cut Mourhino some slack and stop being overly pessimistic .

I disagree that we dont have options at the LB. Blind,Shaw,Darmian and Rojo can man that position.

The only position where we are undermanned is the RW even at that we have various utility players to cover up there, Young can easily deputise for Mata on that wing when he is fit. We have to believe in the manager and the team.

Our major setback last season was that we couldn't convert the loads of chances created to goals not these RW or LB issue and that problem has been sorted this season . Lets have faith.

Young at our RW? May heaven forbid it. I'd rather have Lingard, Mhiki and even Valencia (as a WB in a 3-5-2)there than see Young anywhere near that wing. Young has had his best displays for us at the LW and if he can't play there, then bench it is.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:44am On Aug 26, 2017
sinizia:

Young at our RW? May heaven forbid it. I'd rather have Lingard, Mhiki and even Valencia (as a WB in a 3-5-2)there than see Young anywhere near that wing. Young has had his best displays for us at the LW and if he can't play there, then bench it is.

Has young ever flourished as a RW in his Career?! The best Game he ever had in a United Shirt was against Arsenal and he played as a LW.

I will rather hope JM plays Lingard as a RW instead of him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:44am On Aug 26, 2017
Oasis007:

Do we need to go over Board simply to counter a Post or make our own Point(s)?! Is he being pessimistic with the Post for real?! I think he's not..... coz if he is, he wouldn't be asking for more reinforcement for the Team.

JM keeps saying he wouldn't mind the fourth Signing - a RW precisely, hence he's right to ask for the same. Moreso JM said in the Press Conference that Shaw isn't ready yet, and Rojo will come back in December.

Besides he said; JM may have made a stupid Mistake......! Thus how is he wrong with his submissions in the Post?!

Cut yourself some Slacks bro, and stop stylishly asking for cheap Likes.

I decided to ignore that line from him because I doubt he knows what a pessimistic post actually mean. My post was centered mostly on Mhiki and congratulating Mou for figuring out how to finally use him. Too bad he saw it another way. I can't be arsed to start explaining every post of mine.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:45am On Aug 26, 2017
sinizia:

I decided to ignore that line from him because I doubt he knows what a pessimistic post actually mean. My post was centered mostly on Mhiki and congratulating Mou for figuring out how to finally use him. Too bad he saw it another way. I can't be arsed to start explaining every post of mine.

You've done the right thing Bro..... Thumb up!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tvegas(m): 11:45am On Aug 26, 2017
According to Daily Star

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho will let Andreas Pereira join Valencia on loan.

This is one player i would have loved to see in the first team this season but the Coach knows better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:46am On Aug 26, 2017
Oasis007:

Has young ever flourished as a RW in his Career?! The best Game he ever had in United Shirt was against Arsenal and he played as a LW.

I will rather hope JM plays Lingard as a RW instead of him.

I was shocked he's suggesting Young as a RW for us. I had to point it out coz it sounded ridiculous to me. I'll take Mata over Young as a RW. RW and Young should never be in the same sentence. LvG once used him there and he's beyond horrible.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:51am On Aug 26, 2017
Tvegas:
According to Daily Star

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho will let Andreas Pereira join Valencia on loan.

This is one player i would have loved to see in the first team this season but the Coach knows better.

If I'm him, I'll do a Keane/Pogba - move out permanently and reignite my career. All these loan moves are bad for him. Waste of time, IMHO.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:52am On Aug 26, 2017
sinizia:

I was shocked he's suggesting Young as a RW for us. I had to point it out coz it sounded ridiculous to me. I'll take Mata over Young as a RW. RW and Young should never be in the same sentence. LvG once used him there and he's beyond horrible.

The Dude even suggests JM should keep Andreas Perreira, whereas what's better for the Lad is still to go on Loan.

If Herrera is no more in the starting Eleven, and we also have Fellaini on the Bench, hence how is he expecting Perreira to enjoy playing Time for his Development?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:56am On Aug 26, 2017
Oasis007:

The Dude even suggests JM should keep Andreas Perreira, whereas what's better for the Lad is still go on Loan.

If Herrera is no more in the starting Eleven, and we also have Fellaini on the Bench, hence how is he expecting Perreira to enjoy playing Time for his Development?!

I pity Andreas honestly. Fellani, Carrick, Hererra and even Tominay are all on the bench. That midfield is filled to the brim. I'd love him to shine for us but if I was him, I'll seek a permanent transfer and add a buy-back clause if I'm still dreaming of turning out for United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tvegas(m): 11:59am On Aug 26, 2017
sinizia:

If I'm him, I'll do a Keane/Pogba - move out permanently and reignite my career. All these loan moves are bad for him. Waste of time, IMHO.

This sounds like a more sensible option. The guy has better potential than these loan deals.

Sorry if i didnt comprehend your earlier post properly, even our epl opponents believe we have a strong team as it is and Mourhino cant write the cheques all by himself. I just want us to believe in the team for the best.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 12:06pm On Aug 26, 2017
Tvegas:

This sounds like a more sensible option. The guy has better potential than these loan deals.

Sorry if i didnt comprehend your earlier post properly, even our epl opponents believe we have a strong team as it is and Mourhino cant write the cheques all by himself. I just want us to believe in the team for the best.

It's cool, Bro. I believe we have a better squad this season than last season. I believe in the team and the coach. Even though I wanted some more but I still believe in what we have now. By January we could still add more.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:08pm On Aug 26, 2017
Tvegas:

Nice one Bro! We all want the best for the Team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tvegas(m): 12:11pm On Aug 26, 2017
sinizia:

It's cool, Bro. I believe we have a better squad this season than last season. I believe in the team and the coach. Even though I wanted some more but I still believe in what we have now. By January we could still add more.

E be like say you be Dbanj brother. Oliver twist. grin

Anyways i can also make do with some late transfer suprise in the RW , its just that the very good options are few.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 12:13pm On Aug 26, 2017
We are united.... cool

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 12:35pm On Aug 26, 2017
Oasis007:

The Dude even suggests JM should keep Andreas Perreira, whereas what's better for the Lad is still to go on Loan.

and we also have Fellaini on the Bench, hence how is he expecting Perreira to enjoy playing Time for his Development?!

If ferguson had reasoned like this do you think you may have eventually ever heard of paul scholes, ryan giggs, beckham or even Nicky butt? Of what use is fellaini on the bench? He only comes on when it is time for route 1 football or direct battering ram soccer in order to close out games...that is not the united way! Perreira had shown enough on loan last season and against quality opposition throughout pre season to be an option for us on the bench, whether during league cup games, dead rubber champions league games or against premier league minnows! Which loan again?

He played in a side fraught with challenges away from his comfort zone and still emerged as their best player? Jose refused to allow him remain on loan even though granada begged? So what next? We have tried fellaini and he is still useless so why not allow a talented, technically brilliant home grown guy try to emerge from the shadows? I really don't understand what some people think fellaini actually is but there is a reason our game has gone up a notch now that he is missing from the starting XI! The boy deserves to play!

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (4405) (4406) (4407) (4408) (4409) (4410) (4411) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Lana1(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.