Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4734) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8775008 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4731) (4732) (4733) (4734) (4735) (4736) (4737) ... (14174) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:55am On Nov 17, 2017
funlord:

If they like they should ban him from having sex....at least he would be fitter! My own is that he is the best quality solution to our dead LB situation at the moment that won't cost an arm and a leg, destabilize the dressing room or need time to settle in.....he loves united intoto! Abeg they should add him
Seconded...He'd represent the perfect stop-gap option available...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 11:58am On Nov 17, 2017
funlord:

If they like they should ban him from having sex....at least he would be fitter! My own is that he is the best quality solution to our dead LB situation at the moment that won't cost an arm and a leg, destabilize the dressing room or need time to settle in.....he loves united intoto! Abeg they should add him

But shey na our club allow am go juve ni?.. he's a better option no doubt, buh signing him bus probably not feasible.

No be United again? angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 12:22pm On Nov 17, 2017
elrony:

But shey na our club allow am go juve ni?.. he's a better option no doubt, buh signing him bus probably not feasible.

No be United again? angry

He has said it countless times in the past that he did not want to leave but had to because of a family emergency! He has also tried to come back twice now and has held talks with mourinho even after leaving juve!

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/611783/Patrice-Evra-Manchester-United-Transfer-Not-His-Decision-Juventus-Serie-A
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 1:14pm On Nov 17, 2017
hardwerk:
seems you are a computer guru ....i'm impressed and interested to learn if you sabi hacking
ole Barau
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:08pm On Nov 17, 2017
Pogba and Ibrahimovic have been included in the match day squad for tomorrow.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 3:25pm On Nov 17, 2017
Woah! All the boys named in the squad for tomorrow.. Getting excited. Meanwhile Oasis007 go and do your work. FPL tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:57pm On Nov 17, 2017
funlord:

Since Patrice evra has been sacked by his club and he is eligible to play for us in the champions league does it not make sense for us to just sign him up on a 6 month contract till the end of the season? He is still better than all our current left backs combined!

The current Patrick Evra or the one of 2008?

Abeg, even Blind will perform far better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MorataFC: 5:12pm On Nov 17, 2017
elampiro:

The current Patrick Evra or the one of 2008?

Abeg, even Blind will perform far better.
Evra is more experienced but wetin concern me sef tongue
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 5:27pm On Nov 17, 2017
Do you know what it means for fans to trow serious insults at a bench warmer?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 5:27pm On Nov 17, 2017
I don't know why you guys want P. Evra back. Clearly he's past his golden years.

Dude hardly played for Marseille before he was sacked. There's a reason for that. We should be looking for quality addition to the squad, not additions based on nostalgia.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 6:33pm On Nov 17, 2017
PREVIEW: MANCHESTER UNITED V NEWCASTLE

Setting the scene… The final international break of 2017 is now over and Premier League action makes a welcome return to Old Trafford this weekend as Manchester United host mid- table Newcastle United in a Saturday teatime clash. Jose Mourinho's men will look to claim three points at the Theatre of Dreams in a bid to catch league leaders Manchester City, who sit eight points clear at the top of the table and travel to Leicester City earlier in the day.

How can I watch it? Saturday's clash kicks off at 17:30 GMT and will be broadcast live on BT Sport in the UK. Subscribers to MUTV on Sky or Virgin Media, the club's MUTV app or online at MUTV.com will be able to watch build-up from 15:30 GMT on the Match Day show and listen to radio commentary of the game before watching it in full on Sunday at 18:00 GMT. Keep up with all the action as it happens via ManUtd.com’s live match blog and by follow the official Twitter account @ManUtd .

What's the team news? The boss confirmed in his pre-match press conference on Friday that Marcos Rojo , Paul Pogba and Zlatan Ibrahimovic are all back in contention for a place in the matchday squad against Newcastle. It's further good news after Marouane Fellaini made a positive return to action as a substitute against Chelsea before the international break. However, Phil Jones is likely to miss out after picking up a thigh problem on international duty with England.
Meanwhile, Newcastle will be without captain Jamaal Lascelles and Christian Atsu, but boss Rafael Benitez confirmed that Republic of Ireland duo Rob Elliot and Ciaran Clark are both available.

How are Newcastle doing? After a three-match unbeaten run, which included a creditable draw at home to Liverpool, the Magpies lost back- to-back games by a 1-0 scoreline before the international break, away to Burnley and at home to Bournemouth. Benitez's side have largely struggled for consistency so far this term, with their only win in October coming at home to bottom-club Crystal Palace. Newcastle currently sit 11th in the Premier League after 11 games and, although they will be underdogs at OT, they face Watford and West Ham afterwards - games they will be looking to pick up points in.

What's our head-to-head record like? United are the dominant side as history shows, with the Reds winning 83 of the sides' 163 meetings - including six of the last 10. There should be goals too, with both sides failing to score in only four of the last 50 clashes. Our last meeting with the Magpies was during the 2015/16 season, when the Reds were denied victory by a last-gasp Paul Dummett goal in a thrilling 3-3 draw at St James's Park. Who is the referee? Craig Pawson will be in the middle on Saturday, with the Fifa whistler from South Yorkshire overseeing his second United game of the season after handling our 1-0 win at Southampton in September.

Incidentally, United are unbeaten in the 11 previous games he's handled – winning nine and drawing two. He will be assisted by Lee Betts and Constantine Hatzidakis, while the fourth official will be Paul Tierney, who refereed Newcastle's 1-0 home defeat by Bournemouth in their last game.

Our home run: The Reds are still yet to concede a goal at home in the Premier League this season and have not lost at home in any competition since September 2016.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 6:35pm On Nov 17, 2017
JOSE WELCOMES STARS BACK INTO THE FOLD

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho admits his side has missed the influence of big stars Paul Pogba and Zlatan Ibrahimovic, as would any team in world football.
The boss is also preparing to welcome Marcos Rojo back into the fold after the Argentinian's Reserves outing in midweek. The news has provided a real boost ahead of Saturday's visit of Newcastle United as the Reds look to get back to winning ways following the international break.

Pogba was instrumental in a fine start to the season, earning the club's Player of the Month award in August, before being injured against Basel in the Champions League opener. Ibrahimovic and Rojo both sustained their knee-ligament damage in last term's Europa League encounter with Anderlecht, but are set to join Pogba in the squad for the weekend fixture.
"[With] Paul, now I can speak because he's back," said Mourinho. "I didn't like to speak while he was injured, but you can clearly see Manchester United this season before Paul's injury and after Paul's injury. There are qualities in our football, there are qualities that influence our approach in matches with Pogba and without Pogba - it's as simple as that.

"Zlatan, last season, we played with him for almost every minute until he was injured. This season, we learn how to play without him. We played in a different way but he's a very important player for us and, of course, welcome back.

"Of course, he's an incredible personality to fight such an important injury. We were all saying in 2017 he will be back but one thing is 31 December 2017 and another thing is mid- November. He was, as an injured player, the same super professional he is when he's fit, so fantastic work.
"The same as Marcos [Rojo]. He was a very important injury too, a big surgery; he played already with the young boys last Wednesday and he's fine. He's confident, he's also ready. And Paul is obviously not the same dimension; it was not surgical situation, but was also a good, when I say good, it was not a bad injury and all three are back."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 6:58pm On Nov 17, 2017
Is Smelling like to play tommorow?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:07pm On Nov 17, 2017
Odunharry sef is bored
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:18pm On Nov 17, 2017
Phil Jones now has my blessing to be out injured.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 7:33pm On Nov 17, 2017
Leyqute:
Phil Jones now have my blessing to be out injured.
U dey vex o.. Werin the guy do u.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Whiteshades(m): 8:12pm On Nov 17, 2017
We haven't won a game after the international break with Jose, I hope that changes tomorrow.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:40pm On Nov 17, 2017
Odunharry:

U dey vex o.. Werin the guy do u.

I'm not vexed bro. Just relieved someone capable will be around in case Jones gets injured again, which may happen sooner than we think.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:46pm On Nov 17, 2017
Whiteshades:
We haven't won a game after the international break with Jose, I hope that changes tomorrow.
✔ ✔

Noticed that too
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:02pm On Nov 17, 2017
“The players that stayed here and [were] recovering from injuries, even the ones that are recovering from big injuries, they are ready to play.”

“Pogba, Ibrahimovic and Marcos Rojo - All three are set to be named in the squad for the weekend clash.

"He [Ibrahimovic] made a full rrecovery. Now you cannot expect him to be ready to play 90 minutes or to be ready to play consecutive matches like he did all his career.

"Now he needs time to be back to his level, his fitness, his confidence, his sharpness, his everything. But, from the clinical point of view, to be good and ready is fantastic.

"You can clearly see Manchester United this season before Paul's injury and after Paul's injury. It's as simple as that."

- JOSE MOURINHO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 17, 2017
Leyqute:
Pogba and Ibrahimovic have been included in the match day squad for tomorrow.

Finally, there'll be some creativity in the midfield! Won't mind Ibra playing as a 10 or SS given the amount of ghost chow Mhki has been serving lately....

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:38pm On Nov 17, 2017
"[With] Paul, now I can speak because he's back. I didn't like to speak while he was injured, but you can clearly see Manchester United this season before Paul's injury and after Paul's injury.

"There are qualities in our football, there are qualities that influence our approach in matches with Pogba and without Pogba - it's as simple as that."

- JOSE MOURINHO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:40pm On Nov 17, 2017
"Zlatan, last season, we played with him for almost every minute until he was injured. This season, we learn how to play without him. We played in a different way but he's a very important player for us and, of course, welcome back. 

"Of course, he's an incredible personality to fight such an important injury. We were all saying in 2017 he will be back but one thing is 31 December 2017 and another thing is mid-November. He was, as an injured player, the same super professional he is when he's fit, so fantastic work."

- JOSE MOURINHO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:41pm On Nov 17, 2017
"The same as Marcos [Rojo]. He was a very important injury too, a big surgery; he played already with the young boys last Wednesday and he's fine.

"He's confident, he's also ready. And Paul is obviously not the same dimension; it was not surgical situation, but was also a good, when I say good, it was not a bad injury and all three are back."

- JOSE MOURINHO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:46pm On Nov 17, 2017
“They [Lukaku and Ibrahimovic] are good players, they can play together. The problem is when the players aren't good, but with good players, it's easy [for them] to play together.”

- JOSE MOURINHO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:49pm On Nov 17, 2017
“I know the way Newcastle play, I know the way Benitez prepares his team, I know that it's going to be difficult but we have to try to get back to the points that we need.

“I respect him as both a person and as a professional. He is with me in one privilege on the list of the few managers in Europe that won the Champions League and the Europa League, so we are side to side in that little group and I have immense respect for him.

"So, I am more than happy to see him and to salute him, and then to play one more match because at the end of the day, it’s just one more match."

- JOSE MOURINHO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:03pm On Nov 17, 2017
GloryIsaac:

Finally, there'll be some creativity in the midfield! Won't mind Ibra playing as a 10 or SS given the amount of ghost chow Mhki has been serving lately....

We'll create more chances too!

I've seen Ibra play as a 10 several times last season and his game was top notch. Apart from the pace that he lacks, Ibra's hold-up play is tight and he's got the vision to release short important passes in tight spaces. I don't know the exact way he's going to impact the team but I'm sure it's going to be positive overall.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:09pm On Nov 17, 2017
funlord:

He has said it countless times in the past that he did not want to leave but had to because of a family emergency! He has also tried to come back twice now and has held talks with mourinho even after leaving juve!

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/611783/Patrice-Evra-Manchester-United-Transfer-Not-His-Decision-Juventus-Serie-A

A free transfer won't hurt.. but they won't sign him.. I doubt they are even looking his way sef. Na to find who to buy 50 million dey hungry them . angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 10:55pm On Nov 17, 2017
Leyqute:

We'll create more chances too!

I've seen Ibra play as a 10 several times last season and his game was top notch. Apart from the pace that he lacks, Ibra's hold-up play is tight and he's got the vision to release short important passes in tight spaces. I don't know the exact way he's going to impact the team but I'm sure it's going to be positive overall.

Incase they have forgotten.. A refresher course

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=3s&v=XKKJ_0Ut4ek
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kelvinze(m): 11:07pm On Nov 17, 2017
joeace2020:

Incase they have forgotten.. A refresher course

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=3s&v=XKKJ_0Ut4ek
From what I've seen of him last season, he looks the right fit for dah no.10 position..he can hold up play with a good first touch too wink he can form a great partner with lukaku . Well let's see what happens tomorrow sha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 11:17pm On Nov 17, 2017
kelvinze:

From what I've seen of him last season, he looks the right fit for dah no.10 position..he can hold up play with a good first touch too wink he can form a great partner with lukaku . Well let's see what happens tomorrow sha

He drops deep most times because in his mind he is a 10...unlike Lukaku who we've seen very much this season will not drop back to help play the game from the midfield but rather remain up top like a proper 9, Zlatan is well suited for this role. What he has lost in speed, he has gained with his hold-up play, skills and passing. My only fear is that it may take a while for him to get into the rhythm of the game again as he has never suffered such type of injury in his career. Let's just wait and see sha.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 11:17pm On Nov 17, 2017
These guys should not be rushed!!! ... we shield be able to dispatch Newcastle tomorrow

(1) (2) (3) ... (4731) (4732) (4733) (4734) (4735) (4736) (4737) ... (14174) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: UncleHaba22, daharry(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.