Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,484 members, 7,861,396 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:33 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (508) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8865681 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 11:01pm On Oct 22, 2013
coogar:

they don't even slow down....
it's waves after waves of relentless attacks for 90 mins. the fitness level is 110%.

Its the Bundesliga Winter Break grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:07pm On Oct 22, 2013
dayokanu:
Its the Bundesliga Winter Break grin grin grin grin

more like the high number of mediocre teams in bundesliga. the games are spaced out for y'all to do well in europe. league games are played on friday....that won't happen in england.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 11:15pm On Oct 22, 2013
coogar:

more like the high number of mediocre teams in bundesliga. the games are spaced out for y'all to do well in europe. league games are played on friday....that won't happen in england.

And which quality team has Arsenal played this season that made them completely overrun by Dortmund

Or which top team has City played 3 weeks ago that made them Bayerns biatches
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:22pm On Oct 22, 2013
coogar:

it's waves after waves of relentless attacks for 90 mins. the fitness level is 110%.

ozil struggled?
what seems like ozil struggling is better than whatever rooney has managed all season.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1373582_image_jpg0d5b1c4c7f720f698946c7f6ab08f687

the day rooney manages 86% pass completion for us, i would buy a ram for every man utd fan in this section.

I knew this will come up. This is nonsense in comparison to the game I saw tonight. Which one single chance did he create? Where there any through balls? He was playing too safe.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 11:23pm On Oct 22, 2013
elampiro:

Is that the point?

The point is you people are so unfair to Rooney just because of Kagawa. Daz all.

Rooney is over scrutinized. Despite his form, I like his risk taking.

@ £1m+ per month he better be. Na him ask for longer throat money, so he must deal with longer throat scrutiny.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 11:33pm On Oct 22, 2013
chamotex:

Their transition from defence to attack is probably the best I've seen in a long while.
They are more dangerous when they are on the back foot.
Our midfield is very poor compared to these European teams.
A certain Fabville thought Fellaini was the answer I guess cos both their names start with F
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:41pm On Oct 22, 2013
montelik:

@ £1m+ per month he better be. Na him ask for longer throat money, so he must deal with longer throat scrutiny.

RVP and Torres receives almost same pay. Tevez was in that category too.

Last season Hazard and Torres with all the pay almost finished below UCL cut off point.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:42pm On Oct 22, 2013
elampiro:
I knew this will come up. This is nonsense in comparison to the game I saw tonight. Which one single chance did he create? Where there any through balls? He was playing too safe.

ozil created 4 key passes, only one of them was from a setplay(the freekick near the byline when hummels upended giroud near the box).

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1373605_image_jpg0d5b1c4c7f720f698946c7f6ab08f687

you musta watched your football on a 4-legged black & white TV.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 2:30am On Oct 23, 2013
A-40:

A certain Fabville thought Fellaini was the answer I guess cos both their names start with F

Ashishe o ni master.
Fab was probably drunk when he said that.
Fellaini is not the answer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:28am On Oct 23, 2013
coogar:

ozil created 4 key passes, only one of them was from a setplay(the freekick near the byline when hummels upended giroud near the box).

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1373605_image_jpg0d5b1c4c7f720f698946c7f6ab08f687

you musta watched your football on a 4-legged black & white TV.

The same way stats were showing us Ashley Young was our best midfield/wing player despite the obvious.

Anyone who plays for Arsenal will surely have a high pass accuracy because of their style of play. Same we anyone who plays for Barca or the Ethopian national team. I guess anyone who plays for AC Milan can't boast of such accuracy in Europe.

Team members do not need high pass accuracy to win matches. Otherwise Ethiopia should have beaten Nigeria in the Nations cup and the last world cup qualify match. Barca should have been UCL champion and Spain Confederation cup champion.

The pattern of team play and the individual risk taking determines the pass accuracy. I am sure Mikel has a higher pass accuracy than those who now bench him, also he has it more than Yaya Toure.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 8:15am On Oct 23, 2013
elampiro:

The same way stats were showing us Ashley Young was our best midfield/wing player despite the obvious.

Anyone who plays for Arsenal will surely have a high pass accuracy because of their style of play. Same we anyone who plays for Barca or the Ethopian national team. I guess anyone who plays for AC Milan can't boast of such accuracy in Europe.

Team members do not need high pass accuracy to win matches. Otherwise Ethiopia should have beaten Nigeria in the Nations cup and the last world cup qualify match. Barca should have been UCL champion and Spain Confederation cup champion.

The pattern of team play and the individual risk taking determines the pass accuracy. I am sure Mikel has a higher pass accuracy than those who now bench him, also he has it more than Yaya Toure.
yaya !
Issokay!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 9:09am On Oct 23, 2013
elampiro:

Last season Hazard and Torres with all the pay almost finished below UCL cut off point.

this is your standard defense of any criticism of Rooney. point at others. I don't care what others are paid. fact is Wayne is far and away the highest paid player at o.t so he will be heavily scrutinized by fans.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by papparatzzi2013: 9:10am On Oct 23, 2013
When will Zaha feature in our matches?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 9:14am On Oct 23, 2013
and yes it is now clear Rooney asked to leave last summer. no more ambiguity and excuses.

funny how saf criticized Benitez's style, yet we appoint moyes whose teams don't exactly play free flowing footy. I guess the belief is moyes was making do with limited resources while Benitez chose to play that way.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tapout1: 9:28am On Oct 23, 2013
coogar:

ozil struggled?
what seems like ozil struggling is better than whatever rooney has managed all season.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1373582_image_jpg0d5b1c4c7f720f698946c7f6ab08f687

the day rooney manages 86% pass completion for us, i would buy a ram for every man utd fan in this section.
this im.becilic schmuck has come again with his meaningless stats!! D nxt thing d moronic scumbag wld do, is to plot graphs of passes vs assists of various players, and post them here!! Cooger, u r a living testimony to d fact that God shows a sense of humour when creating certain human beings! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 9:35am On Oct 23, 2013
Sociedad is going down today!!! grin grin

*thinkin out loud*

Hope dis spanish sh1t doesn't turn out to be anoda Athletico Bilbao soap opera!! cool

What are ya probable line ups for today??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by papparatzzi2013: 9:39am On Oct 23, 2013
Only God knows the Man Utd that will show up today?

Man Utd has now turned to prayer point!!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 23, 2013
elrony: Sociedad is going down today!!! grin grin

*thinkin out loud*

Hope dis spanish sh1t doesn't turn out to be anoda Athletico Bilbao soap opera!! cool

moyes can field whoever he wishes jare!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 9:52am On Oct 23, 2013
dademola: moyes can field whoever he wishes jare!

Hahaha see moyes line up for today

DDG
Smalling
Vidic
Rio
Buttner
Fellaini
Jones
Valencia
Young
Rooney
Welbeck

Sub: Hernandez,Evans ,carrick,fabio,giggs,Amos,Anderson .

# grin grin grin grin

We ll beat sociedad 4-2 cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 23, 2013
elampiro
Stop clutching at straws.
This your defence of Rooney is shambolic.
montelik: and yes it is now clear Rooney asked to leave last summer. no more ambiguity and excuses.

It was never in doubt.
Given the way he tried to engineer a move in the summer, you didn't need Fergie to validate the position.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 10:03am On Oct 23, 2013
elampiro:

Everybody mentioned above aside Torres deserved the salary paid to them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:35am On Oct 23, 2013
SIR cum a lot:

Everybody mentioned above aside Torres deserved the salary paid to them.

The Tevez I knew in the EPL was always a shadow of Rooney. Give Rooney the calibre of players Tevez had at City, you get over 30 goals every season.

RVP this term is living on past glory. He is getting close to being a pensioner.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:35am On Oct 23, 2013
elrony: Sociedad is going down today!!! grin grin

*thinkin out loud*

I'll go with 433

DGG

Rafa Vidic Evans Evra

Clev Carrick Ando

Nani VP Kagawa

sub: Amos, Janu, AV, Chicha, Rooney, Jones, Smalling.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:40am On Oct 23, 2013
chrisley024:

I'll go with 433

DGG

Rafa Vidic Evans Evra

Clev Carrick Ando

Nani VP Kagawa

sub: Amos, Janu, AV, Chicha, Rooney, Jones, Smalling.

What is the criteria for dropping Rooney from a UCL game. He is the deadliest in Europe behind Messi and Ronaldo. Go check your records and leave sentiments out. I hardly argue about pre-match team selection made here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:50am On Oct 23, 2013
elampiro:

What is the criteria for dropping Rooney from a UCL game. He is the deadliest in Europe behind Messi and Ronaldo. Go check your records and leave sentiments out. I hardly argue about pre-match team selection made here.

Cos of his poor form simple. We need guys d@ can help in ball possession n he is d opposite.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 23, 2013
elampiro:

wich records are u talking about?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:03am On Oct 23, 2013
tapout1: this im.becilic schmuck has come again with his meaningless stats!! D nxt thing d moronic scumbag wld do, is to plot graphs of passes vs assists of various players, and post them here!! Cooger, u r a living testimony to d fact that God shows a sense of humour when creating certain human beings! grin grin

and you are a living proof your whorish mother should have swallowed you with a glass of alomo bitters instead of allowing you flagellate to her ovaries.

your gene pool needs to be chlorinated - you epitomise what every mother should never have as a son. when God was distributing intelligence, you were at the back of queue picking your nose!

elampiro:

this is stupidity at it's sterling quality....
statistics are fact & ozil was the best midfielder on show last night. he created the highest number of chances on the pitch. high passing accuracy & had arsenal taken their chances like dortmund, the result would have been different.

what has this gotta do with anything? welbeck, kagawa, etc when played in the hole for man utd show more ball retention ability than rooney. you said ozil was wack last night, the lie detector said you lied!!!

look at this dunderhead comparing the premier league to nigeria/ethiopia. passing accuracy is a means to an end. if you are not passing accurately then at least win your games. rooney is not passing well & he's not winning games - what the fück is he doing in the team stacking up £1m a month.

SAF said he's a slow learner - i guess that has put the argument to bed that rooney's IQ has a negative integer. he had it at the start of his career but the fat fück veered off!

mikel does not play as an attacking player - stop comparing apples & oranges. we are comparing rooney to his peers that also play behind a striker & he's the worst of the lot! next time, come with the facts instead of shooting your mouth about ozil!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:37am On Oct 23, 2013
chrisley024:

Cos of his poor form simple. We need guys d@ can help in ball possession n he is d opposite.

How many of our players are in better form? He is still better than Kagawa, Welbeck and co.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:40am On Oct 23, 2013
dademola: wich records are u talking about?

Rooney has 2 goals and an assist from one UCL game.

Go back to UCL goal scoring form over the years and see for your self.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:43am On Oct 23, 2013
Drop ur facts on y u think he has been better than Kagawa?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:45am On Oct 23, 2013
coogar:

and you are a living proof your whorish mother should have swallowed you with a glass of alomo bitters instead of allowing you flagellate to her ovaries.

your gene pool needs to be chlorinated - you epitomise what every mother should never have as a son. when God was distributing intelligence, you were at the back of queue picking your nose!

this is stupidity at it's sterling quality....
statistics are fact & ozil was the best midfielder on show last night. he created the highest number of chances on the pitch. high passing accuracy & had arsenal taken their chances like dortmund, the result would have been different.

what has this gotta do with anything? welbeck, kagawa, etc when played in the hole for man utd show more ball retention ability than rooney. you said ozil was wack last night, the lie detector said you lied!!!

look at this dunderhead comparing the premier league to nigeria/ethiopia. passing accuracy is a means to an end. if you are not passing accurately then at least win your games. rooney is not passing well & he's not winning games - what the fück is he doing in the team stacking up £1m a month.

SAF said he's a slow learner - i guess that has put the argument to bed that rooney's IQ has a negative integer. he had it at the start of his career but the fat fück veered off!

mikel does not play as an attacking player - stop comparing apples & oranges. we are comparing rooney to his peers that also play behind a striker & he's the worst of the lot! next time, come with the facts instead of shooting your mouth about ozil!

We are talking about passing and pass accuracy. It is very logical to draw argument from all angles.

United might not be doing fine now, but Chelsea went through worse situation in two years with all their technically gifted stars. Last season Chelsea were passing accurately without wining games. Those stats are poo and they tell nothing about a player's ability. I guess stat also told us Valencia is our best dribbler.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:49am On Oct 23, 2013
chrisley024: Drop ur facts on y u think he has been better than Kagawa?

Man United Vs West Brom Rooney was thousand miles ahead of Kagawa.

Man Untied vs Leverkusen, Rooney was a Zillion miles ahead of Kagawa.

Which one again have they played together?

I expect a natty gale to tell me indomie played on the left. But Janujaz has played on both left and right, then centre.

(1) (2) (3) ... (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: CAPdan21(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.