Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,362 members, 7,864,680 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:24 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (602) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8877073 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) ... (14218) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:38am On Nov 30, 2013
montelik: Jones is not a central midfielder, he has been played mostly as destroyer/marauder. Mostly to disrupt the opposition, he has only one responsibility which is incredibly simplistic. There are only certain types of games he can be useful in. He basically doing what the likes of Quinton Fortune, Phil Neville, Alan Smith, Ronny Johnsen, David May e.t.c have done for us in the past. Notice, no one in their right minds would call any of these players I mentioned a good central midfielder at top levels.

Any one placing hope in Jones is directly and indirectly drawing this team and squad back. He has no future at the position and limited value. Rather than wasting time giving him minutes there, its better to play those who actually can play there and offer more than simply running around like a marauder. It is much better to play Carrick, Fellaini, Cleverley, Ando there (even recall Tunniclife, Petrucci and Powell from loan), and give them chance to prove themselves and improve. If they don't, then we know how many what we need to find in the market.

Hell no is playing Jones regularly in midfield going to help this team. See where drafting Giggs into central midfield got us. We have one of the weakest central midfields in Europe, because we failed to truly solve the problem, instead resorting to gimmicks while all the quality was being snapped up by others. Now, not only do we suspect first team central midfielders, our once promising prospects have failed to materialize.

No Jones in central midfield. Unless injuries dictate it, or special occasions. Stop the gimmicks.
[b]
This is a very good argument. Plenty of sense. This is a matured way of driving a point home other than saying, 'Jones is a shyte'.

However, I was only talking of a temporal solution or saving ourselves the embarrassment of being made to look like kids in the midfield. We have had Cleverley, Carrick, Fellaini all criticized in the midfield this season. Jones has played more matches than some of the other guys, yet he has got the least criticism. What does that tell you? Jones will also boast that he was in the midifield when United kept a clean sheet against Leverkusen, and we won 5-0.

Last season, Jones was in the heart of our midfield in most of the big matches. He was used to render Fellaini useless in the return leg. For the fact that he gets so much time there tells you the unreliability of the other guys. They dont know what it means to win balls.

I never said his future is the midfield, but in football you can never rule out anything. Mikel was a hole player or AM before Mourinho converted him to a mechanical player. grin Jones overall team and passing game has improved so much.

But you made solid argument.
[/b]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:04pm On Nov 30, 2013
Our biggest defeat and most embarrassing play this season was 1-4 loss to Man City. Phil Jones was absent. If he had been around and we ended with a draw or a narrow loss or win, some guys would have been betting how the scoreline would have been better with another player taking his place.

If we can not use the ball effectively in the midfield, we shouldn't also let opponents terrorise us there. That is what you get from Jones, and now his overall play looks even better than the rest.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:12pm On Nov 30, 2013
Where is Coogar sef,

A few weeks ago, you said you will buy me a ram should Rooney get an 80% pass accuracy in a match. I saw somewhere now that he had done 97% this season. In recent matches, his pass accuracy are even beating midfield players.

Redeem your promise now.

I dont usually check for pass accuracy, but I stumbled on a write up now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:28pm On Nov 30, 2013
elampiro: Where is Coogar sef,

A few weeks ago, you said you will buy me a ram should Rooney get an 80% pass accuracy in a match. I saw somewhere now that he had done 97% this season. In recent matches, his pass accuracy are even beating midfield players.

Redeem your promise now.

coogar show ur face o, you gotta answer to this
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 12:59pm On Nov 30, 2013
"I think Adnan watch perfomance of Kagawa with tear in his Januz-eye.

Hahaaa so funny I no able stop laugh.
I thinking Kagawa may be genius!"

Source:@evilKagawa

Lwkmd grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:01pm On Nov 30, 2013

Redeem your promise now.

Lol...post ur proof!!!

I go like chop isi-ram peppersoup!! cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 1:07pm On Nov 30, 2013
I swear that evilkagawa na cra.zeman!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:16pm On Nov 30, 2013
coded guy: I swear that evilkagawa na cra.zeman!

Hehehe big one!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:19pm On Nov 30, 2013
"Kagawa prowl hole like majestic tiger!
Rooney charge pitch like Ogre set fire by angry villager!

Please no telling Rooney I say this."

grin grin grin

#evilKagawa

Dis one pass kolomental
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:20pm On Nov 30, 2013

Redeem your promise now.

rooney's overall passing accuracy in the league this season is still below 80%. that write-up you have read is fraudulent.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:26pm On Nov 30, 2013
coogar:

rooney's overall passing accuracy in the league this season is still below 80%. that write-up you have read is fraudulent.

Lol...coogar I wan chop isi-ewu ram peppersoup....better give elamps the ram...

I no fit shout grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:49pm On Nov 30, 2013
elrony:
Lol...coogar I wan chop isi-ewu ram peppersoup....better give elamps the ram...

I no fit shout grin

if elampiro has any proof, you would expect him to post the fraudulent write-up he read where rooney suddenly posted 97% passing accuracy. rooney with the first toüch of a räpist is too technically crude to keep possession.

elampiro:
Our biggest defeat and most embarrassing play this season was 1-4 loss to Man City. Phil Jones was absent. If he had been around and we ended with a draw or a narrow loss or win, some guys would have been betting how the scoreline would have been better with another player taking his place.

If we can not use the ball effectively in the midfield, we shouldn't also let opponents terrorise us there. That is what you get from Jones, and now his overall play looks even better than the rest.

this is another dubious attempt to pull wool over the eyes of united fans on this thread. jones has lost us more points in the midfield than any other midfielder we have got. he epitomises what any young midfielder should never aspire to be.

it seems you dunno some of us still have the memory of jones stinking the whole joint with his appalling performance in the midfield. his 25-min mission to stem the tide of our biggest derby defeat ended in a disaster. he was a substitute DM & we conceded 3 more goals under his watch to hand city 6-1.

jones quickly followed up his show of shame again when his defensive midfielder disgraceful job allowed athletic bilbao to destroy us at old trafford - i won't even talk about his deer in the headlights performance that eliminated us from the champions league group against fc basel in 11/12.

last season was worse, we couldn't beat spurs & west ham as jones produced some of the worst midfield performance in the history of man utd. he was decapitated by chelsea @ old trafford as mata tore him apart....arteta completed the gangräping @ the emirates with jones looking lost & allowing walcott to take the piss @ our defence.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 2:30pm On Nov 30, 2013
coogar:

if elampiro has any proof, you would expect him to post the fraudulent write-up he read where rooney suddenly posted 97% passing accuracy. rooney with the first toüch of a räpist is too technically crude to keep possession.

this is another dubious attempt to pull wool over the eyes of united fans on this thread. jones has lost us more points in the midfield than any other midfielder we have got. he epitomises what any young midfielder should never aspire to be.

it seems you dunno some of us still have the memory of jones stinking the whole joint with his appalling performance in the midfield. his 25-min mission to stem the tide of our biggest derby defeat was ended in a disaster. he was a substitute DM & we conceded 3 more goals under his watch to hand city 6-1.

jones quickly followed up his show of shame again when his defensive midfielder disgraceful job allowed athletic bilbao to destroy us at old trafford - i won't even talk about his deer in the headlights performance that eliminated us from the champions league group against fc basel in 11/12.

last season was worse, we couldn't beat spurs & west ham as jones produced some of the worst midfield performance in the history of man utd. he was decapitated by chelsea @ old trafford as mata tore him apart....arteta completed the gangräping @ the emirates with jones looking lost & allowing walcott to take the piss @ our defence.

but I think he's improving this season tho I won't want him in the heart of the midfield! CB has been a better place to play him! tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:39pm On Nov 30, 2013
coogar:

First of all, did you promise a ram? in what condition? Hope you have not gone to modify the post.

You promised that you will buy if Rooney post a single pass accuracy of 80 plus, I think.

Moreover, you easily retrieve stat, so why not give us all stat of Rooney's matches this season (all competitions)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:55pm On Nov 30, 2013
elampiro:

First of all, did you promise a ram? in what condition? Hope you have not gone to modify the post.

You promised that you will buy if Rooney post a single pass accuracy of 80 plus, I think.

Moreover, you easily retrieve stat, so why not give us all stat of Rooney's matches this season (all competitions)

rooney's overall stat this season is 79% passing accuracy. he's one of our worst passers of the ball. considering the fact he drops deep & plays more in low-pressure zones, it's a disgrace moyes could even think of playing him in the hole.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:59pm On Nov 30, 2013
coogar:

it seems you dunno some of us still have the memory of jones stinking the whole joint with his appalling performance in the midfield. his 25-min mission to stem the tide of our biggest derby defeat was ended in a disaster. he was a substitute DM & we conceded 3 more goals under his watch to hand city 6-1.

1. The 6-1 win is not relevant to this argument because Jones was playing in our midfield possibly the first time. He was not experienced and we lost a man.

2. If you could only mention one match from all the matches Jones played last season, then he did marvellously well. It means he lost only against Chelsea, according to your post. I remember we drew against West Ham and Spurs. I dont know the Arsenal match you are talking about because we won one and drew one against Arsenal. In April we drew 2-2 against West Ham in an away fixture for us. To me that was a fine result considering it was a run in period and some games give you real headache.

Old Trafford: Man United 2 Totteham 3, No Jones
W'Hart Lane: Totteham 1 Man United 1 with Jones.

United could have gone two goals up if an obvious penalty won by Rooney was awarded. Then a late mistake by goalkeeper got Spurs a lucky draw.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:02pm On Nov 30, 2013
coogar:

rooney's overall stat this season is 79% passing accuracy. he's one of our worst passers of the ball. considering the fact he drops deep & plays more in low-pressure zones, it's a disgrace moyes could even think of playing him in the hole.

79%? source.

Did you say average or a single match? I heard the guy scored 97% in a particular match. Help did it out.

Dropping deep doesn't mean one has to be accurate, it might also mean some distraction.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:06pm On Nov 30, 2013
elampiro:
79%? source.

Did you say average or a single match? I heard the guy scored 97% in a particular match. Help did it out.

rooney's average this season is 79%. he's never been a good passer of the ball. actually, he does more long passes better than short passes and the man in the hole must be able to tread short passes on the edge of the box to his centre-forward.

Dropping deep doesn't mean one has to be accurate, it might also mean some distraction.

dropping deep means running from a high pressure zone to a low pressure zone. who bothers with rooney's passing when he's beside carrick doing tiki-taka? opponents are happy to let united keep the ball in those area so passing is very much easier there.

elampiro:
1. The 6-1 win is not relevant to this argument because Jones was playing in our midfield possibly the first time. He was not experienced and we lost a man.

jones had played in the DM position plenty of times for blackburn even before united signed him. he was the DM when berbatov drank his blood in the 7-1 massacre of blackburn in 10/11 season.

2. If you could only mention one match from all the matches Jones played last season, then he did marvellously well. It means he lost only against Chelsea, according to your post. I remember we drew against West Ham and Spurs. I dont know the Arsenal match you are talking about because we won one and drew one against Arsenal. In April we drew 2-2 against West Ham in an away fixture for us. To me that was a fine result considering it was a run in period and some games give you real headache.

Old Trafford: Man United 2 Totteham 3, No Jones W'Hart Lane: Totteham 1 Man United 1 with Jones.

yes let's compare the old trafford game with midfield of scholes/giggs(combined age of 100 yrs) to the white hart lane game, shall we?

United could have gone two goals up if an obvious penalty won by Rooney was awarded. Then a late mistake by goalkeeper got Spurs a lucky draw.

keep lying to yourself - spurs destroyed man utd's midfield. de gea kept the scoreline respectable in one of his best performances ever for united. de gea kept pulling out world class saves here & there. spurs should have won the game 5-2.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:16pm On Nov 30, 2013
I just google now and find the below report. Before they will accuse me of giving false info, someone should help me cross check. It looks like Rooney does far better in UCL.

CAM: Wayne Rooney, Manchester United
Still sporting the headband, Wayne Rooney gave his best performance of the season for Man United against Bayer Leverkusen. Up against some strong defensive midfielders, Rooney was prolific in attack—scoring two goals and creating United’s third goal. Had he and Robin van Persie been on the same page after a defensive error by Leverkusen, he could very easily (and probably should) have had another goal to his name. But given he completed 97% of his attempted passes and picked up the Man-of-the-Match award on the night, we’ll let him off the hook this time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:23pm On Nov 30, 2013
I think one of the reasons Rooney passing accuracy is not so solid is the fact that he is a high passer. He usually make many passes in a match. He hustles and get himself into difficult areas. He doesn't do 'make e no spoil for my hand' by hiding from the ball.

May be someone should help me with the website to check these pass stat so that I can see more details.

If he passes 72 in a game and gets only 55 right, he will be blamed as a poor passer when another from his position passes 28 and get 24 right. Also a team pattern also contributes. A team playing tikitaka will have players having more pass accuracy, like Swansea. The other day, Leverkusen completed more passes but we beat them mercilessly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:24pm On Nov 30, 2013
elampiro:
CAM: Wayne Rooney, Manchester United
Still sporting the headband, Wayne Rooney gave his best performance of the season for Man United against Bayer Leverkusen. Up against some strong defensive midfielders, Rooney was prolific in attack—scoring two goals and creating United’s third goal. Had he and Robin van Persie been on the same page after a defensive error by Leverkusen, he could very easily (and probably should) have had another goal to his name. But given he completed 97% of his attempted passes and picked up the Man-of-the-Match award on the night, we’ll let him off the hook this time.

so this should make us forget all the 60% pass completion stats he's posted this season? does it not surprise you that ross barkley can pass the ball better than rooney in the hole? £250k/week player has the worst passing accuracy in short passes in the UK - it's a disgrace.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:34pm On Nov 30, 2013
elampiro:
Valencia has 7 UCL goals overall. That is decent from the wing.

Against Leverkusen, Valencia was far rated than Nani in the major sports reporting websites.

Sentiment apart, Jones has bailed us out from being overrun in the midfield than anyone else.

opta rated nani the highest on the day, even much better than rooney with 4 assists. so another myth of yours busted by simple statistics.

elampiro: I think one of the reasons Rooney passing accuracy is not so solid is the fact that he is a high passer. He usually make many passes in a match. He hustles and get himself into difficult areas. He doesn't do 'make e no spoil for my hand' by hiding from the ball.

he does mostly long passes - most of then from side to side, laying it off for the wingers & running into the box to receive. rooney cannot make any short pass - this was why he wasted the last minute chance against cardiff. his pass to welbeck was a disgrace.

May be someone should help me with the website to check these pass stat so that I can see more details.

no one would help you as you are looking for what isn't lost.

If he passes 72 in a game and gets only 55 right, he will be blamed as a poor passer when another from his position passes 28 and get 24 right. Also a team pattern also contributes. A team playing tikitaka will have players having more pass accuracy, like Swansea.

if he completes 55 out of 72 in a game, it means he gave it away 17 times. by the law of average, at least 9 of those 17 puts united's defence into trouble thus increasing the number of chances the opponents get against us.

the player that gave it away 4 times is safer with the ball. he's less likely to commit a mistake leading directly to a goal against us. football is about the law of averages. allow many chances against your team & you are very likely to concede a goal.

The other day, Leverkusen completed more passes but we beat them mercilessly.[/color]

united completed more passes than leverkusen. it was 83% to united & 82% to leverkusen. biko, where do you get your statistics? LTV?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:38pm On Nov 30, 2013
coogar:

rooney's average this season is 79%. he's never been a good passer of the ball. actually, he does more long passes better than short passes and the man in the hole must be able to tread short passes on the edge of the box to his centre-forward.

dropping deep means running from a high pressure zone to a low pressure zone. who bothers with rooney's passing when he's beside carrick doing tiki-taka? opponents are happy to let united keep the ball in those area so passing is very much easier there.

jones had played in the DM position plenty of times for blackburn even before united signed him. he was the DM when berbatov drank his blood in the 7-1 massacre of blackburn in 10/11 season.

yes let's compare the old trafford game with midfield of scholes/giggs(combined age of 100 yrs) to the white hart lane game, shall we?

keep lying to yourself - spurs destroyed man utd's midfield. de gea kept the scoreline respectable in one of his best performances ever for united. de gea kept pulling out world class saves here & there. spurs should have won the game 5-2.

[b]1. United 7-1 victory over Blackburn was one of the matches SAF earmarked Jones as a United future player. SAF must have seen something.

2. Old Trafford game against Spurs, was it Giggs and Scholes or Giggs and Carrick? Whichever though, we lost the game.

You also appear to miss the point. I have not said Jones is a Scholes or Carrick or Giggs. What I am saying is that, in the absence of good natural midfielders, Jones is bailing us out this period. When they had age to themselves, Scholes and Giggs could dominate a midfield and monopolise possession, but we dont have that now. EPL has never been this fast and physical, hence the reason we need a ball winner to partner Carrick until things normalize. If Fellaini or Cleverley or Anderson was playing well, I wouldn't recommend Jones.

3. On the Totteham game, whther it should have ended 5-2, is not my business. The score was a draw, and Jones has kept our score respectable each time he featured for United in the midfield since last season. I have not the time to pull out his big matches from last season, but I guess City, Chelsea, Madrid and Everton were among.
[/b]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:40pm On Nov 30, 2013
coogar:

opta rated nani the highest on the day, even much better than rooney with 4 assists. so another myth of yours busted by simple statistics.

Opta is just one source, there are several sources. Opta might just be relying on stat, whereas other websites looked at the overall team play.

Moreover, Rooney was the Eufa man of the match.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:48pm On Nov 30, 2013
coogar:

so this should make us forget all the 60% pass completion stats he's posted this season? does it not surprise you that ross barkley can pass the ball better than rooney in the hole? £250k/week player has the worst passing accuracy in short passes in the UK - it's a disgrace.

So Rooney actually had 97% accuracy? Where is my ram?

Ayagayagayagayo, hei. ayagayagayagayo

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:52pm On Nov 30, 2013
Coogar, no more argument. Just buy my ram first.

The one with a curling horns.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:54pm On Nov 30, 2013
elampiro:
1. United 7-1 victory over Blackburn was one of the matches SAF earmarked Jones as a United future player. SAF must have seen something.

that's immaterial - jones was the DM & berbatov gave him a bloodbath & that's contrary to what you told us that jones got his debut DM role at man utd.

2. Old Trafford game against Spurs, was it Giggs and Scholes or Giggs and Carrick? Whichever though, we lost the game.

we lost the game because each time bale picked the ball up, he ran through our midfield & none of our midfielders was able to match bale with pace. rafael, anderson, fabio or anyone with pace could have shackled bale on the day - nothing to do with jones.

You also appear to miss the point. I have not said Jones is a Scholes or Carrick or Giggs. What I am saying is that, in the absence of good natural midfielders, Jones is bailing us out this period. When they had age to themselves, Scholes and Giggs could dominate a midfield and monopolise possession, but we dont have that now.

his future is in the CB....where he can hoof the ball & commentators would say it's a good clearance. in the midfield, proper care of the ball had to be taken.....intercept or win a tackle & play a 5 yard pass & return back to position is what is required. jones had no positioning to intercept & his passing is god awful.

EPL has never been this fast and physical, hence the reason we need a ball winner to partner Carrick until things normalize. If Fellaini or Cleverley or Anderson was playing well, I wouldn't recommend Jones.

you don't need a ball winner to win the league. chelsea's ball winners have only won it once in the last 7 seasons.

3. On the Totteham game, whther it should have ended 5-2, is not my business. The score was a draw, and Jones has kept our score respectable each time he featured for United in the midfield since last season. I have not the time to pull out his big matches from last season, but I guess City, Chelsea, Madrid and Everton were among.

the truth is jones got us in trouble against spurs, de gea had to bail us out several times. tottenham damaged our midfield & won every second ball with jones looking like a deer in the headlights.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:07pm On Nov 30, 2013
coogar:

that's immaterial - jones was the DM & berbatov gave him a bloodbath & that's contrary to what you told us that jones got his debut DM role at man utd.

we lost the game because each time bale picked the ball up, he ran through our midfield & none of our midfielders was able to match bale with pace. rafael, anderson, fabio or anyone with pace could have shackled bale on the day - nothing to do with jones.

his future is in the CB....where he can hoof the ball & commentators would say it's a good clearance. in the midfield, proper care of the ball had to be taken.....intercept or win a tackle & play a 5 yard pass & return back to position is what is required. jones had no positioning to intercept & his passing is god awful.

you don't need a ball winner to win the league. chelsea's ball winners have only won it once in the last 7 seasons.

the truth is jones got us in trouble against spurs, de gea had to bail us out several times. tottenham damaged our midfield & won every second ball with jones looking like a deer in the headlights.
[b]
1. Now we are almost on same page. You have admitted that Bale killed us through our midfield. There we need pace and energy.

2. You have failed to notice now that Jones is keeping the ball and passing it so well to the admiration of on lookers. You can't see that because your mind is long made up, or because you would rather see Anderson or anyone else play in that position. Against Leverkusen, Jones did very well in ball control.

Manchester United Vs Totteham.
13 Lindegaard
02 Rafael
03 Evra
05 Ferdinand (Hernandez - 90' )
06 Evans
11 Giggs (Rooney - 46' )
16 Carrick
17 Nani
22 Scholes
26 Kagawa (Welbeck - 78' )
20 Van Persie
Substitutes
01 De Gea
31 Wootton
08 Anderson
23 Cleverley

From the above you will notice that Carrick paired Scholes and even Giggs was in the match. Totteham went 3-0 up and United scored 2.
Compare this against Leverkusen when Jones paired a 40 years old Giggs. Clean sheet and low pressure on our defence. Scholes and Giggs were younger last year.

I want to believe I have made my pint known and want to call it off. Match day.

Bye. Post my ram.
[/b]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:18pm On Nov 30, 2013
elampiro:
Now we are almost on same page. You have admitted that Bale killed us through our midfield. There we need pace and energy.

we can never be on the same page - i said any player with pace could have shackled bale. it's not about power. rafael in the midfield could have stopped bale. what has power gotta do with it? cleverley & carrick combo had no power when they dismantled city, chelsea & newcastle(away from home last season).

You have failed to notice now that Jones is keeping the ball and passing it so well to the admiration of on lookers. You can't see that because your mind is long made up, or because you would rather see Anderson or anyone else play in that position. Against Leverkusen, Jones did very well in ball control.

jones is a disgrace each time he's played in the midfield. he lacks the panache, vision & the skill to be a midfielder.

Manchester United Vs Totteham.
13 Lindegaard
02 Rafael
03 Evra
05 Ferdinand (Hernandez - 90' )
06 Evans
11 Giggs (Rooney - 46' )
16 Carrick
17 Nani
22 Scholes
26 Kagawa (Welbeck - 78' )
20 Van Persie
Substitutes
01 De Gea
31 Wootton
08 Anderson
23 Cleverley

From the above you will notice that Carrick paired Scholes and even Giggs was in the match. Totteham went 3-0 up and United scored 2.

from the above, it showed we played 4-3-3/4-5-1 against spurs & we got murdered because the combined age of our midfield was close to methuselah's. did it not happen again at west brom when lukaku came on & got a hatrick as a sub?

Compare this against Leverkusen when Jones paired a 40 years old Giggs. Clean sheet and low pressure on our defence. Scholes and Giggs were younger last year.

leverkusen are a poor side - stop using them as a yardstick. who would compare tottenham side + bale versus a team that conceded 9 goals in 180 mins against united?

I want to believe I have made my pint known and want to call it off. Match day.

you haven't made nada.....

Bye. Post my ram.

when rooney's average hits 88%(never mind 90%) we would get you a cow.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 4:40pm On Nov 30, 2013
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 5:56pm On Nov 30, 2013
I don't envy Rene if he takes charge at Fulham once Jol is sacked.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 6:06pm On Nov 30, 2013
elrony: embarassed embarassed embarassed
please! beg these dudes to keep it cool!

(1) (2) (3) ... (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) ... (14218) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.