Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,624 members, 7,865,497 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:17 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (601) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8879633 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (14219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 10:09pm On Nov 29, 2013
elampiro: 1. The experienced teams from EPL are Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea. City in Europe is like Schalke 04, if not worse.

2. You didn't watch Italy in 2006, they were criticized for playing negative football until the final match. Meanwhile, Chelsea scored against you and also miss chances. How was that a defensive game with 10 men in the box? What. Is super cup as compared to UCL trophy.

3. Robben and Ribery are ogas. Alaba and co. Those days, Oliver 'lion' Kahn (is the spelling?) Even as a goalkeeper. Your female national teams too are like men.

Is it the name of the club that makes it experienced So if you bring Notthingham Forest into the CL they are experienced or Newcastle. How many attempts did it take malaga to make it to CL knockout stage

2. Give us an example of a game in 2006 where Italy was negative football. In the CL final that Chelsea won which chance did they miss? So any team that scored isnt negative? So much for shallow thinking

3. We said name in Bayern he is mentioning Oli Kahn Female National team. No wonder why they call you jester?

WHats Power about Robben and Ribery when they are some of the weakest and most brittle players ever. everyone knows Robben is one of the most fragile players ever

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:11pm On Nov 29, 2013
elrony:
Lol ..well IMHO cleverley aint no better than fellaini sha grin

miles better......
we have thrashed that topic already. fellaini only outscored him in the attacking third cos fellaini mostly played behind a striker at everton.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:12pm On Nov 29, 2013
coogar:

jones & valencia are the worst players @ united currently. when jones is not playing as a centre-half, he's clueless.

valencia has not beaten a marker in 2013. he nearly missed his tap-in sef - the post assisted him. nani should be starting on the right.

who else can finish off teams like this?

Valencia has 7 UCL goals overall. That is decent from the wing.

Against Leverkusen, Valencia was far rated than Nani in the major sports reporting websites.

Sentiment apart, Jones has bailed us out from being overrun in the midfield than anyone else.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:12pm On Nov 29, 2013
elampiro: Jones has been our best midfield player this season. You guys won't accept it because it is no his natural position.

Elamps..mbanu...Jones is practically our fifth defender..playing deep in front of our backline grin cheesy cheesy

Our technical brawler...ask ozil!!! wink
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:14pm On Nov 29, 2013
coogar:

miles better......
we have thrashed that topic already. fellaini only outscored him in the attacking third cos fellaini mostly played behind a striker at everton.

Hehehehe....u mean the current cleverley?? cheesy...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:17pm On Nov 29, 2013
elrony:

Elamps..mbanu...Jones is practically our fifth defender..playing deep in front of our backline grin cheesy cheesy

Our technical brawler...ask ozil!!! wink

I don't understand this. Ozil is not a CM.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:20pm On Nov 29, 2013
elampiro:

I don't understand this. Ozil is not a CM.

I might Jones tackles on ozil...in our match against arsenal..

I didn't mean ozil as a CM
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hugoboi(m): 10:21pm On Nov 29, 2013
elampiro: Jones has been our best midfield player this season. You guys won't accept it because it is no his natural position.

I agree 100%
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:27pm On Nov 29, 2013
elampiro:
Valencia has 7 UCL goals overall. That is decent from the wing.

is a winger meant to be scoring or providing? what about their stats in the premier league? valencia(18 goals, 43 assists in 15,148 league minutes) & nani(25 goals + 57 assists in 9,418 league minutes). numbers don't lie, bro. nani is more productive!!!

Against Leverkusen, Valencia was far rated than Nani in the major sports reporting websites.

yet again, debatable....
a single match does not define who's better than who?

Sentiment apart, Jones has bailed us out from being overrun in the midfield than anyone else.

jones is trash.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:31pm On Nov 29, 2013
dayokanu:

Is it the name of the club that makes it experienced So if you bring Notthingham Forest into the CL they are experienced or Newcastle. How many attempts did it take malaga to make it to CL knockout stage

2. Give us an example of a game in 2006 where Italy was negative football. In the CL final that Chelsea won which chance did they miss? So any team that scored isnt negative? So much for shallow thinking

3. We said name in Bayern he is mentioning Oli Kahn Female National team. No wonder why they call you jester?

WHats Power about Robben and Ribery when they are some of the weakest and most brittle players ever. everyone knows Robben is one of the most fragile players ever

1. Forest and Newcasle are not experienced because they have left that league for decades. Not a good example at all.

2. Just say you didn't watch Italy in 2006. Chelsea overpowered you in the UCL final. I personally envy that Chelea team when they defend. Like "come pass me score make I see".

3. If you think Robben, Ribery and Alaba are not power, pacing and speeding players, then I give up.

Being a power player doesn't mean you have to be bulky or huge. Someone who has lots of energy and balance, and able to burst yards or not easily beaten. Ronaldo is a power playing guy. David Luis is one. Edgar Davids those days. Three words, energy, speed and balance. Not weight.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 10:36pm On Nov 29, 2013
Mention the games Italy played defensively you are running from pillar to post. I have always said it that you dont watch games only depend on Complete Sports and pool papers

Show us where Italy played like Chelsea with 10 men in the box

Even the Chelsea owner Abrahamovic is ashamed of the way Chelsea played that season

Theres no power in Robben and RIbery its all speed and skill just like Neymar, Hazard, Mata, Reus etc
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hugoboi(m): 10:37pm On Nov 29, 2013
coogar:

jones is trash.

Chai!! I don't fukcing believe this! Nigga are you for real?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:37pm On Nov 29, 2013
@ elampiro,

chelsea didn't overpower bayern in that final. chelsea played like kittens & were too defensive. their first corner was after muller's goal in the 89th minute or so....

bayern had more possession, more territorial advantage, more chances created, etc. saying chelsea overpowered bayern is like saying arsenal overpowered united in 2005 FA cup final.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:40pm On Nov 29, 2013
coogar:

is a winger meant to be scoring or providing? what about their stats in the premier league? valencia(18 goals, 43 assists in 15,148 league minutes) & nani(25 goals + 57 assists in 9,418 league minutes). numbers don't lie, bro. nani is more productive!!!

yet again, debatable....
a single match does not define who's better than who?

jones is trash.

Valencia played as right back too. Then Nani has played in the middle. Put these into consideration.

Jones is not trash, you have failed to see him improved.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:42pm On Nov 29, 2013
Hugoboi:

Chai!! I don't fukcing believe this! Nigga are you for real?
bros shey na todae u sabi coogar? D only persn d dude loves in dat midfield is Anderson, he hates d others. Plus he still looks @ nani with the eyes of 2008/09
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 10:42pm On Nov 29, 2013
coogar: @ elampiro,

chelsea didn't overpower bayern in that final. chelsea played like kittens & were too defensive. their first corner was after muller's goal in the 89th minute or so....

bayern had more possession, more territorial advantage, more chances created, etc. saying chelsea overpowered bayern is like saying arsenal overpowered united in 2005 FA cup final

Elampiro didnt watch that match. He hasnt started watching football in that time. All his football reference started in 2008

How do you overpower a team

2012 CL final

SHots Bayern 34 Chelsea 9
Shots on target Bayern 21 Chelsea 6
Corners Bayern 20 CHelsea 1

In elampiros village thats how you overpower someone.

If someone didnt tell you the scoreline from those stats most people would think the game ended 7-1
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:58pm On Nov 29, 2013
dayokanu: Mention the games Italy played defensively you are running from pillar to post. I have always said it that you dont watch games only depend on Complete Sports and pool papers

Show us where Italy played like Chelsea with 10 men in the box

Even the Chelsea owner Abrahamovic is ashamed of the way Chelsea played that season

Theres no power in Robben and RIbery its all speed and skill just like Neymar, Hazard, Mata, Reus etc

1. Italy have been criticized for being too negative in this tournament, but coach Marcello Lippi threw caution to the wind to try and win the match, and his gamble of playing with four strikers in extra-time paid rich dividends

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/sport/archives/2006/07/06/2003317599

2. Neymar has power incase you don't know. You needed to see him in the confederation cup. Like he was on drugs.

Robben and Ribery are not even as skillful as Neymar, They are more like Danie Alves or Zabeleta with more attacking sense. Finish.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:01pm On Nov 29, 2013
coogar: @ elampiro,

bayern had more possession, more territorial advantage, more chances created, etc. saying chelsea overpowered bayern is like saying arsenal overpowered united in 2005 FA cup final.

If you knew what position Chelsea finished in the EPL, you would understood what I mean. They were not good, but their Caterpillar football helped them triumphed over supposed superior teams at the time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:04pm On Nov 29, 2013
I don log on to my laptop. The argument is getting serious.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:05pm On Nov 29, 2013
elampiro:
Valencia played as right back too. Then Nani has played in the middle. Put these into consideration.

that's the same position baines, alves, zabaleta are earning their stripes. if he's not scoring, he should be assisting.....that excuse is worn-out.

Jones is not trash, you have failed to see him improved.

he's super-trash. what does jones offer us......he's 8/10 as a centre-half, 6/10 as a right back & 4/10 as a midfielder. you think putting him in the midfield to destroy should be lauded?

tackling is not a skill - it's a reactive action to nullify a mistake that has been made either by poor positioning or a silly loss of ball possession. any idïot can tackle on the pitch - i pay attention more to how the ball is taken care of after the tackle is won than the tackle itself.

elampiro:
If you knew what position Chelsea finished in the EPL, you would understood what I mean. They were not good, but their Caterpillar football helped them triumphed over supposed superior teams at the time.

they finished in that position because they concentrated on europe more than the league. they rested their best players for europe & this is why they finished 6th. had they been eliminated earlier in europe, there's no way any chelsea side under roman can finish below the 4th position.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:07pm On Nov 29, 2013
dayokanu:

Elampiro didnt watch that match. He hasnt started watching football in that time. All his football reference started in 2008

How do you overpower a team

2012 CL final

SHots Bayern 34 Chelsea 9
Shots on target Bayern 21 Chelsea 6
Corners Bayern 20 CHelsea 1

In elampiros village thats how you overpower someone.

If someone didnt tell you the scoreline from those stats most people would think the game ended 7-1

Since when do match stat win matches? Those guys used their caterpillar power to win the game. For the fact that you had such stat and still lost showed how much caterpillar football can be effective.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitlad: 11:11pm On Nov 29, 2013
elampiro: I don log on to my laptop. The argument is getting serious.

grin grin grin

Ok na. . . Leggo

Rooney will never be rated among the great players of this generation.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
coogar:

that's the same position baines, alves, zabaleta are earning their stripes. if he's not scoring, he should be assisting.....that excuse is worn-out.

he's super-trash. what does jones offer us......he's 8/10 as a centre-half, 6/10 as a right back & 4/10 as a midfielder. you think putting him in the midfield to destroy should be lauded?

tackling is not a skill - it's a reactive action to nullify a mistake that has been made either by poor positioning or a silly loss of ball possession. any idïot can tackle on the pitch - i pay attention more to how the ball is taken care of after the tackle is won than the tackle itself.

they finished in that position because they concentrated on europe more than the league. they rested their best players for europe & this is why they finished 6th. had they been eliminated earlier in europe, there's no way any chelsea side under roman can finish below the 4th position.

1. Valencia should be scoring from the number 2 position? Even if he were to be scoring from there, how can that ever equal Nani's goals from the regualar attacking positions.

2. Like it, hate it, Jones is the only midfielder winning balls for us in the midfield. I believe our major problem in the midfield is the inability to disposes the opponents. That has been the problem since 2008/9. It was worsened when Fletcher fell ill and Anderson lost his marking sense.

3. Chelsea finished 6th that year because they were poor. They were not even sure of winning the UCL, hence the need to finish top 4.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:16pm On Nov 29, 2013
nitlad:

grin grin grin

Ok na. . . Leggo

Rooney will never be rated among the great players of this generation.

You no join. grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitlad: 11:21pm On Nov 29, 2013
elampiro:
You no join. grin grin

Lol. . . I nor reach kpaharkpar grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:25pm On Nov 29, 2013
elampiro:
Valencia should be scoring from the number 2 position? Even if he were to be scoring from there, how can that ever equal Nani's goals from the regualar attacking positions.

you have started with this blue font again - if you get slammed by spambot, don't go screaming to koffi annan.

rafael/alves/zabaleta/ have all scored from the RB position. even if valencia doesn't score as many as nani, how come his assist tally is way lower than nani's despite playing 6,000 league minutes more than nani? that's 56 league matches head start.

2. Like it, hate it, Jones is the only midfielder winning balls for us in the midfield. I believe our major problem in the midfield is the inability to disposes the opponents. That has been the problem since 2008/9. It was worsened when Fletcher fell ill and Anderson lost his marking sense.

we have won the title in 10/11 & 12/13. we failed to win it in 09/10 by drogba's offside goal & 11/12(last kick of the season) without having a ball winner in the team. the importance of a ball winner is the same as a fish needing a bicycle.

3. Chelsea finished 6th that year because they were poor. They were not even sure of winning the UCL, hence the need to finish top 4

chelsea weren't poor - they prioritised their season & roman went for what he felt he needed the most. he wanted the champions league more than the league. chelsea were poor & they won FA cup & champions league - united were so good that season & they won NOTHING!!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:37pm On Nov 29, 2013
coogar:

you have started with this blue font again - if you get slammed by spambot, don't go screaming to koffi annan.

rafael/alves/zabaleta/ have all scored from the RB position. even if valencia doesn't score as many as nani, how come his assist tally is way lower than nani's despite playing 6,000 league minutes more than nani? that's 56 league matches head start.

we have won the title in 10/11 & 12/13. we failed to win it in 09/10 by drogba's offside goal & 11/12(last kick of the season) without having a ball winner in the team. the importance of a ball winner is the same as a fish needing a bicycle.

chelsea weren't poor - they prioritised their season & roman went for what he felt he needed the most. he wanted the champions league more than the league. chelsea were poor & they won FA cup & champions league - united were so good that season & they won NOTHING

[b]1. The only way we can reach an agreement about the stat comparison between Val and Nani is if we can know hom many league matches Val started in the RB. How many times he was forced to drop to RB from the right wing.

2. When you say Rafael and co score from the RB, lets have the start. You will see they probably score 1 goal in 17 league start.

3. In the years you mentioned, if we had a ball winning midfielder we should have done better. However, our case was better than now because our backline was stronger with Ferdi and Vidic younger, then Brown and Oshea were still around. So any weakness in the midfield was less noticeable, couple with the fact that once Scholes and Carrick gains possession they could hold it for some good time. All these are lacking today and we are chasing our opponents around our box like school team.

4. So Chelsea decided to finish 6th to pursue the UCL they were probably the least favourite at the quarter final stage? I beg I wan sleep.
[/b]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:40pm On Nov 29, 2013
Good night.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 11:40pm On Nov 29, 2013
montelik: This your love for "power" is ridiculous Elampiro. Every other word is Rooney, pace, power this, power that., Its football not boxing
cheesy little of the skills in boxing is now needed in football!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:06am On Nov 30, 2013
elampiro:

1. The only way we can reach an agreement about the stat comparison between Val and Nani is if we can know hom many league matches Val started in the RB. How many times he was forced to drop to RB from the right wing.

valencia - 43 assists in 15,000 mins
luis nani - 57 assists in 9,000 mins.

unless you are saying valencia has played 66 full matches as a RB, there's no basis for any comparison. nani is infinitely more productive than valencia, even ashley young is infinitely more productive than valencia.

2. When you say Rafael and co score from the RB, lets have the start. You will see they probably score 1 goal in 17 league start.

they score, they assist....the RB position is an excuse. leighton baines created the most chances last season from crosses, he's a full back just like when valencia plays there so it doesn't really stop valencia from creating if not scoring.

3. In the years you mentioned, if we had a ball winning midfielder we should have done better. However, our case was better than now because our backline was stronger with Ferdi and Vidic younger, then Brown and Oshea were still around. So any weakness in the midfield was less noticeable, couple with the fact that once Scholes and Carrick gains possession they could hold it for some good time. All these are lacking today and we are chasing our opponents around our box like school team.

we had ball winners in scholes/keane in 03/04, 04/05, 05/06 and won 0 league title & 0 champions league. chelsea have never lacked ball winners in their midfield in the last 10 years, they have only won the league title once in the last 7 years

4. So Chelsea decided to finish 6th to pursue the UCL they were probably the least favourite at the quarter final stage? I beg I wan sleep.

yet they beat barcelona hands down - 10 men for more than 50 minutes & they held fort & even scored a last minute goal via torres. how did your excellent united side fare against barcelona in 2009 & 2011?? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 8:38am On Nov 30, 2013
Jones is not a central midfielder, he has been played mostly as destroyer/marauder. Mostly to disrupt the opposition, he has only one responsibility which is incredibly simplistic. There are only certain types of games he can be useful in. He basically doing what the likes of Quinton Fortune, Phil Neville, Alan Smith, Ronny Johnsen, David May e.t.c have done for us in the past. Notice, no one in their right minds would call any of these players I mentioned a good central midfielder at top levels.

Any one placing hope in Jones is directly and indirectly drawing this team and squad back. He has no future at the position and limited value. Rather than wasting time giving him minutes there, its better to play those who actually can play there and offer more than simply running around like a marauder. It is much better to play Carrick, Fellaini, Cleverley, Ando there (even recall Tunniclife, Petrucci and Powell from loan), and give them chance to prove themselves and improve. If they don't, then we know how many what we need to find in the market.

Hell no is playing Jones regularly in midfield going to help this team. See where drafting Giggs into central midfield got us. We have one of the weakest central midfields in Europe, because we failed to truly solve the problem, instead resorting to gimmicks while all the quality was being snapped up by others. Now, not only do we suspect first team central midfielders, our once promising prospects have failed to materialize.

No Jones in central midfield. Unless injuries dictate it, or special occasions. Stop the gimmicks.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 30, 2013
Joey Barton has a message for our legend Giggsy at 40

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (14219) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Capaldi and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.