Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8707029 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6302) (6303) (6304) (6305) (6306) (6307) (6308) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:49pm On Jan 24, 2019
Leyqute:
LoooL. It's funny how fans are always about the immediate present moment.

Guys wanted Lindelof sold because of a few errors in his first games. Now, several months after, the same set of people are singing his names to the high heavens.

It's premature calling for Lingard's head. He's offered more in games recently than Martial but nobody's calling for Ayinde to be benched.

Shior.
Calm down no be fight
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:03pm On Jan 24, 2019
eph12:

Calm down no be fight

LoL.

Who dey fight? Abeg, that strength wey you wan use fight, give me make I take am hustle.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 10:17pm On Jan 24, 2019
Lana1:
Question:

Will Nantes reimburse Cardiff some of that Sala transfer money?

Nantes get to keep the transfer money, Cardiff get reimbursed by the insurance policy taken out on their club record signing.

The only party taking an L here is the insurance company.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 10:42pm On Jan 24, 2019
Leyqute:
LoooL. It's funny how fans are always about the immediate present moment.

Guys wanted Lindelof sold because of a few errors in his first games. Now, several months after, the same set of people are singing his names to the high heavens.

It's premature calling for Lingard's head. He's offered more in games recently than Martial but nobody's calling for Ayinde to be benched.

Shior.
Its not premature calling for Lingard's head bro. We all know what Martial can do and we are all excited for what he could become, but I think we have seen the best of Lingard.
In the type of united team we all crave, Lingard is at best a squad player.

You know this.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:47pm On Jan 24, 2019
pharod:

Its not premature calling for Lingard's head bro. We all know what Martial can do and we are all excited for what he could become, but I think we have seen the best of Lingard.
In the type of united team we all crave, Lingard is at best a squad player.

You know this.

We also know what Januzaj can do. What's he doing now?

Not trying to bring Martial down though. But if you've got a starting position, you gotta perform. You gotta bring to the table what you've been offering in the past. Or at least 70% of it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:51pm On Jan 24, 2019
And Pochettino loses out again. Still waiting for that first trophy.

Always knew that that E. Dier bloke was useless.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 11:28pm On Jan 24, 2019
SkimpleD:

grin grin grin
Why are you like this na cheesy

Come and confess your sins jhoo tongue
Forgive me father for I have sinned cry

That's if you classify trying to give sense to the senseless and being good mannered while at it a sin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 11:52pm On Jan 24, 2019
elrony:

Getting the holy whip ready... He shall be knighted by the blood! grin
jizossssss!! Holy whip? Blood? + picks race?+
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:13am On Jan 25, 2019
“I know the boy [Pogba] from before and he is a leader. He is a character, he influences people and he cares and he really wants to be successful.

”He knows he can't do it by himself. It's a team game and he's a character that brings so many good things with him when he's enjoying himself, I have to say.“

- Ole Gunner Solskjaer

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:16am On Jan 25, 2019
“It's part of the era we live in [On Pogba and Co using social media often].

”That's society now, that's what they're used to. The kids now are used to that, I'm not, but they are and it's all positive.

“It's all good messages and I don't have any problem with that whatsoever, because that's Paul.”

- Ole Gunner Solskjaer

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:23am On Jan 25, 2019
“I've never been a fan of you're this and you're that. It’s 11 captains out there really. It's all personalities, big personalities. I think it's important that you're not afraid of standing in front of your team-mates and putting them in their place if you have to.

”I think I have to be fair to Ash [Young] who is our skipper. He is maybe one of the last old school ones. He sounds like Rio [Ferdinand] and Gary [Neville].“

- Ole Gunner Solskjaer

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Adisaowalla: 6:07am On Jan 25, 2019
Leyqute:

We also know what Januzaj can do. What's he doing now?

Not trying to bring Martial down though. But if you've got a starting position, you gotta perform. You gotta bring to the table what you've been offering in the past. Or at least 70% of it.

It's simple

We all know Martial's problem is consistency -talent wise , we all know how good he is

Lingard on the other hand simply lacks what it takes to be starting at a Big club - gone are the days when "Hard work" could be solely considered as a quality an attacker brings forth to the team.

Yeah, he scores a few 'odd' goals here & there atimes but abeg - the fella isn't good enough to be starting for us biko

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by paafin(m): 6:36am On Jan 25, 2019
@Oasis, Could it be that OGS studied journalism? He's always got the right answer to any question! I can imagine the sacked one response to pogba's social media stunt..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:41am On Jan 25, 2019
Lingard is better off as a Squad Player to be honest. He brings consistency, he presses, can run for 90mins...... But that ain't enough!

What's expected of him is what Rashford is becoming gradually. Also we should not be fooled by his Look and Stature cos he's 26, older than Pogba and Lukaku as well.

Lingard can't offer more than he's doing presently. I do not want him sold, rather become a super-sub to terrorize the Opposition Defence in the final Quarter of a Game.

Martial gonna find his Mojo back. He's about to Renew his Contract, he's loving it at United again, he's simply reacting slowly under OGS unlike Rashford. I honestly believe once he picks up, he would be unstoppable!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:44am On Jan 25, 2019
paafin:
@Oasis, Could it be that OGS studied journalism? He's always got the right answer to any question! I can imagine the sacked one response to pogba's social media stunt..

grin

He's simply a good Listener, who carefully, intelligently responds to the Questions. Also he learned a lot from Sir Alex. He understands United very well, he understands the Culture and what's expected of a typical United Manager.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 7:16am On Jan 25, 2019
There’s a documentary about Ferguson and Wenger rivalry called THE FEUD.

You guys should check it out on YouTube if you haven’t seen it. It’s quite interesting.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tenmariner: 7:53am On Jan 25, 2019
Lana1:
Question:

Will Nantes reimburse Cardiff some of that Sala transfer money?

There should be a " force majeure" in their contract agreement stating either party response to situation like this.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tenmariner: 8:02am On Jan 25, 2019
Oasis007:
“He (Luke Shaw) was ill, he just fell ill the night before. Smalling started training again so it’s only Rojo and Fellaini are the two I can’t call upon in this game.”

- Ole Gunner Solskjaer

Hope say this Luke shaw guy no be sickle cell anemia or "bubble boy disease" patient
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Smellymouth: 9:32am On Jan 25, 2019
LoRdCaT:
Hello you arrant doofus. You are a broke ass senseless fool so you are neither making money nor sense. So for your own good, crawl back into the shithole you crawled out from or else by the time i am done slapping sense into that your empty skull, you will be so dazed that you will be unable to locate the shithole you crawled out of. Crawl back into your shithole now for your own good so i don't render you homeless. God bless you as you take this sound advice.

Good evening undecided

Oh Lawdddd!! He’s even praying for the guy after the KO.. cheesy

Heaven is far from some people..

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SkimpleD: 9:52am On Jan 25, 2019
LoRdCaT:
Forgive me father for I have sinned cry

That's if you classify trying to give sense to the senseless and being good mannered while at it a sin grin
Go and sin no more cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:57am On Jan 25, 2019
Adisaowalla:

It's simple

We all know Martial's problem is consistency -talent wise , we all know how good he is

Lingard on the other hand simply lacks what it takes to be starting at a Big club - gone are the days when "Hard work" could be solely considered as a quality an attacker brings forth to the team.

Yeah, he scores a few 'odd' goals here & there atimes but abeg - the fella isn't good enough to be starting for us biko

Was J. S. Park worthy enough to be a starter?

I’ll agree that Lingard doesn’t have some eye-popping attributes but currently, he deserves to start - unless the performance drops. Or there’s someone else guaranteed to offer more.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:00am On Jan 25, 2019
Actually, Martial has offered in the past 4 games what Sanchez had in his last 8 or 10 games.

No player should get preferential treatment. If you’re performing well, you play. If not, get ready for the bench and play your way into the starting lineup.

That’s how players develop actually. Complacency leads to laziness. Lazy players don’t offer anything.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:07am On Jan 25, 2019
tenmariner:

Hope say this Luke shaw guy no be sickle cell anemia or "bubble boy disease" patient

Seriously mate, I’m getting tired of that bloke.

Seems we haven’t gotten a 3.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:08am On Jan 25, 2019
Both sides have made good points.

Lingard should not normally be a starter in the team.
We probably need to buy a much better player for that right side and have Lingard come off the bench.
However with the poor form of Martial and Sanchez i will start Lingard ahead of them FOR NOW.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:11am On Jan 25, 2019
afrodoc2:

Both sides have made good points.

Lingard should not normally be a starter in the team.
We probably need to buy a much better player for that right side and have Lingard come off the bench.
However with the poor form of Martial and Sanchez i will start Lingard ahead of them FOR NOW.

How long is "FOR NOW"?

Martial has refused to be consistent since he signed for Man U... As for Alexis.. Age is definitely not his friend and just maybe we can say he has declined abit due to his injury.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:15am On Jan 25, 2019
liveLongNprospa:

How long is "FOR NOW"?

Martial has refused to be consistent since he signed for Man U... As for Alexis.. Age is definitely not his friend and just maybe we can say he has declined abit due to his injury.

Until the end of the season UNLESS Alexis or Martial find a way of regaining their form and playing on the right side.
Because as it stands it is Rashford and Lukaku competing for CF, Alexis and Martial LWF, Lingard and Mata RWF.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:21am On Jan 25, 2019
afrodoc2:

Until the end of the season UNLESS Alexis or Martial find a way of regaining their form and playing on the right side.
Because as it stands it is Rashford and Lukaku competing for CF, Alexis and Martial LWF, Lingard and Mata RWF.

We wait then cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:27am On Jan 25, 2019
liveLongNprospa:

We wait then cheesy

Personally I think it is time Mata, Valencia, Fellaini, Darmian et al left the team.
We need to eradicate all the slow poisons in the team. We need speed and technique.

The major problem is ensuring that their replacements are of a higher level than them.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:30am On Jan 25, 2019
afrodoc2:

Personally I think it is time Mata, Valencia, Fellaini, Darmian et al left the team.
We need to eradicate all the slow poisons in the team. We need speed and technique.

The major problem is ensuring that their replacements are of a higher level than them.

For Damian.. I really feel like he can do a good job at cb during cup games. It's a hunch tho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 25, 2019
Oasis007:
Lingard is better off as a Squad Player to be honest. He brings consistency, he presses, can run for 90mins...... But that ain't enough!

What's expected of him is what Rashford is becoming gradually. Also we should not be fooled by his Look and Stature cos he's 26, older than Pogba and Lukaku as well.

Lingard can't offer more than he's doing presently. I do not want him sold, rather become a super-sub to terrorize the Opposition Defence in the final Quarter of a Game.

Martial gonna find his Mojo back. He's about to Renew his Contract, he's loving it at United again, he's simply reacting slowly under OGS unlike Rashford. I honestly believe once he picks up, he would be unstoppable!

So Lingard is older than Lukaku and Pogba cheesy.. Wow grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:26am On Jan 25, 2019
GloryIsaac:

So Lingard is older than Lukaku and Pogba cheesy.. Wow grin grin grin

grin

You no know?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:36am On Jan 25, 2019
afrodoc2:

Exactly.

My argument is not about benching Martial for Lingard. Both players play in different positions.

But if they’re competing for the same spot I’d put Martial on the bench at the moment and allow someone else to offer what he always offers until Ayinde gets back to form.

Mata isn’t offering much at the moment, that’s why Lingard gets the nod.

That being said, we still need someone on the right side who will offer more than what Lingard is offering and be consistent with it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6302) (6303) (6304) (6305) (6306) (6307) (6308) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.