Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6689) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8707223 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6686) (6687) (6688) (6689) (6690) (6691) (6692) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:56pm On May 12, 2019
patrickmuf:
At this point, we have to try and get Rabiot on a free if not then a huge chunk of our budget will give way for Herrera's replacement. I don't trust Fred and Pereira to do the job at this point.
I hope so too though I don't see Rabiot staying beyond 2-3 years
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:58pm On May 12, 2019
eph12:

I hope so too though I don't see Rabiot staying beyond 2-3 years
I wouldn't mind a short term fix as Garner should be ready in the next couple of years.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 12:59pm On May 12, 2019
eph12:

None of these guys have been offered new contracts by OGS and his guys have they?

One thing is sure, that is one senior position to be filled

Exactly. Na for this board i hear say Herrera wanted 200k from 75k wey him dey earn. Which Kain increment be that, even NLC no go fit calculate the %leap based on minimum wage. grin

If this demand was true, then he had to go abeg.

But Ed needs to still borrow sense concerning some of these old lazy players, especially the English ones.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olu98: 1:16pm On May 12, 2019
codedguy1:

Exactly. Na for this board i hear say Herrera wanted 200k from 75k wey him dey earn. Which Kain increment be that, even NLC no go fit calculate the %leap based on minimum wage. grin

But Ed needs to still borrow sense concerning some of these old lazy players, especially the English ones.
bro i dont blame herrera at all. He is very passionate and committed to united. Ashley young is 33 will turn 34 dis year, he earns 120k per week, while herrera doesnt earn up to that. I just read it today that united pay sanchez and pogba 75k per goal and 25k per assist.idiot rashford sef wan dey collect 250k.And you said he cant demand 200k? Ed woodward is a goat aswear.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:19pm On May 12, 2019
codedguy1:

I don't get how anybody anywhere will encourage that kind of deal. It doesn't make sense at all. If they give him that deal, everyone will ask for increase too
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:21pm On May 12, 2019
olu98:

bro i dont blame herrera at all. He is very passionate and committed to united. Ashley young is 33 will turn 34 dis year, he earns 120k per week, while herrera doesnt earn up to that. I just read it today that united pay sanchez and pogba 75k per goal and 25k per assist.idiot rashford sef wan dey collect 250k.And you said he cant demand 200k? Ed woodward is a goat aswear.
If Herrera had demanded for 120k, I believe he would have been giving.

On one hand we want the board to put a stop to this nonsense, on the other hand we want them to continue. What do you guys want? Mistakes on issuing of contract has been made in the past, don't you want an end to this?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 1:48pm On May 12, 2019
eph12:

If Herrera had demanded for 120k, I believe he would have been giving.

On one hand we want the board to put a stop to this nonsense, on the other hand we want them to continue. What do you guys want? Mistakes on issuing of contract has been made in the past, don't you want an end to this?

I heard the board offered him 150k/175k but his agent was adamant on 200k. I think the board offered him a fair deal to be honest.

We move.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Khaytunechi: 1:53pm On May 12, 2019
Herrera should've been offered an improved deal since last year sef..

Martial is getting elite pay for doing average stuff every other year..

Wasn't Young's contract renewed just weeks ago?? And Mata is being offered an extension too.. What I am saying is that,, if we will be kicking out some players,, then it shouldn't start with Herrera.. 250k/W is indeed huge but what is good for the goose should be good for all..

If dem release Herrera because 250k,, ogun will castrate them if dem offer that headless Rashford same or similar amount..

A team where there's Rojo, Darmian, Jones, Young in their squad is letting Herrera go freely.. Make we siddon look as e go pan out shah..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:57pm On May 12, 2019
As things stand, it is reported that Luke Shaw (£195k), Romelu Lukaku (£200k), Anthony Martial (£250k), Paul Pogba (£290k) and Alexis Sanchez (£500k after bonuses) are the only United players who earn more than £140,000 each week. Sanchez aside, all the outfield players are aged 25 or younger, while De Gea is recognised as the best in the world in his position.

If true, that amount for Shaw is too much. Even Martial sef.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 2:04pm On May 12, 2019
olu98:

I agree with you that Ed Woodward is a goat.

The truth is mistakes have been made. It would make sense if these players where playing like the Avengers when on thr pitch but alas these bunch of lazy idiots are not that committed.

Herrera to be honest was a fighter, but for me he was good as a squad player but that 150/175k that married said he was demand IMO was even still too much. It is called negotiations about, you say 200k i say 120k if you dont want go.

These things can be corrected gradually. If useless Rashford ask for that 250k they should just add 25k to his present wage and play all the chances he missed to remind him that the 25k is even being generous. Same should apply to others.

Let everybody know that Sanchez deal was a mistake, if only he was delivering on the pitch fear no go allow anybody wet dey play nonsense ask for anyhow wage, but because baba dey flex collect pension everybody wan inflate their worth.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:04pm On May 12, 2019
larride:

I heard the board offered him 150k/175k but his agent was adamant on 200k. I think the board offered him a fair deal to be honest.

We move.
Exactly! I believe the board is trying to correct some of the mistakes of the past. I support this fully abeg
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 2:06pm On May 12, 2019
Martial 250k?? They need to sell this guy asap.

Shaw 195k Chai?

Is it my money grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 2:11pm On May 12, 2019
With this lineup Ole is trolling because I promise myself I will never watch a lineup that has Young, Smalling and Jones in it. God forbid bad thing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 2:13pm On May 12, 2019
codedguy1:
Martial 250k?? They need to sell this guy asap.

Shaw 195k Chai?

Is it my money grin

You see that DDG is not even among the top earners sef. If they can give that useless Martial 250k and Shaw 195k then there’s nothing stopping them from giving DDG 250k.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 2:14pm On May 12, 2019
MRTA7:
With this lineup Ole is trolling because I promise myself I will never watch a lineup that has Young, Smalling and Jones in it. God forbid bad thing.

See that back line grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 2:24pm On May 12, 2019
larride:

You see that DDG is not even among the top earners sef. If they can give that useless Martial 250k and Shaw 195k then there’s nothing stopping them from giving DDG 250k.
So are u saying the club should keep overpaying these players? At some point it has to stop.

Martial collecting 250k is no justification that someone else should also start collecting his own 250k
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 2:25pm On May 12, 2019
larride:

I swear Ed is really a village goat. I always wondered how they sign a deal based on potential especially in the case of Martial and not have a clause that protects the club or cushions the effect if the person does mot live up yo the potential. I remember that his contract had some stupid vlauses about balon dor and what not, now to even start a game and be effecyive on the pitch is a problem for him and the club still has to pay 200 -250k weekly wage to him.

What was Shaws wage in southampton before he came here that he is earning 195k? What was the leap?

Is De gea not earning 200k? If i am the club i wont increase it.

Sanchez deal is really a problem!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 2:26pm On May 12, 2019
patrickmuf:
My EPL team of the season...
Goalkeeper: Alisson
Signed from Roma in the wake of Karius disastrous showing the UCL final last season, Alisson has proven to be a safe pair of hands bar some school boy errors he committed earlier in the season which can be heaped on overconfidence. He has proven to be the difference when it mattered most especially his contribution against Barcelona in the comeback win.

Right back: Trent Alexander Arnold
Three words describes this young English man, Young, Dependable and Exciting...Just over a year ago, Walker and Trippier were the best in the league and TAA didn't really get a look in perhaps for his inexperience but a year on and he has proven to be a very good outlet for Liverpool down the right, his stand out performance was against Barcelona where he chipped in with 2 assist, one being the assist for the winning goal...He looks like one for the future but his performances tells me the future is now. As a Manchester United fan, I'll trade Young, Smalling, Jones, Bailly and Rojo to get him.

Right Center back: Toby Alderweireld
Toby is the perfect example of the guy who does the job away from the camera, he has been rock solid everytime I have seen him play, a very consistent CB who covers a lot for Trippier when he goes rampaging forward, not a popular choice but for me, he is right up there with the Van Dijk's, Pique's and Chiellini's of the world...

Left Center back: Virgil Van Dijk
PFA player of the year, Van Dijk has been nothing short of immense since joining Liverpool, he has brought leadership and stability where none existed prior to his arrival. If Liverpool goes on the win the UCL or league, he'd be on the Balon D'or podium unless of course, UEFA happens...Currently, he is the best CB in the world and if you think otherwise, then you must be a visitor here and should probably be sent back to Mars before the done of dusk...

Left Back: Robertson
No other player represents the ghen ghen footballing philosophy of the master himself, Jurgen Klopp than Robertson...He never stops running, in one second, he is delivering an exquisite ball to the head of Mane and in the next couple of Seconds, he is in with a last ditch sliding tackle to prevent an obvious goal scoring chance, he reminds me of Alba a couple of years ago...He is everything I wish Luke Shaw is and to imagine Luke Shaw won the Manchester United player of the season, how the great ls have fallen...

Defensive Midfielder: Fernandinho
Mr. Reliable, that he is the most important player in an otherwise star studded City teams tells you everything you need to know, a player who's never afraid to stick a foot in, he shields the City back so well that in his absence, Manchester City look a totally different team...

Center midfielder: Christian Erikson
If there's one player that almost always picks the right pass, that player has got to be Erikson (De Bruyne is another but he's had an injury ravaged season)...The exact opposite of Pogba who labors on the balls, prioritize fancy flicks and tricks over simple passes, Erikson is every coaches dream, here, he just about edges David Silva who has also had a stellar campaign...If my formation supported a 3 man midfield then Silva would've been the 3rd man.

Right winger: Raheem Sterling
A year on from whence an Arsenal fan on Twitter said he had more Children than goals, Sterling has raised the bar, he has had a fantastic season and were it not for the form of VVD, he'd have easily won the PFA player of the year as against the PFA young player of the year he was compensated with, you can't argue with the fact that he now has more goals than Children and it looks certain to stay that way going forward...
On a personal note, I think if City wins the league and FA cup added with the Caraboa cup which is already in their kitty, he stands a better chance of making the Balon D'or podium especially as Ronaldo only has the Serie A title to show for his efforts, Neymar/Mbappe, the French Ligue 1 and Suarez has LA Liga and possibly Copa Del Rey. Were it not for VAR, it'd have been a possible clean sweep for him, most improved player in the world...

Right Center Forward: Mo Salah
The great Egyptian is up to it again, he has once again proven beyond measure that he is no one season wonder...He went through a rough patch that had his doubters pick up the mic in a rush to say "I told you so" but it didn't weigh him down instead, like the Phoenix, he rose up in grand style tearing past defenses and scoring goals for fun and from every distance, Chelsea fans and Kepa will not forget the ballistic missile of a shot scored during their encounter at Anfield...If you must hold a conversation about elite players, never forget the name of a certain Egyptian, King Mohammed Salah.

Left Center Forward: Sergio Kun Aguero
The Argentine bulldozer has proven time after time what a deadly finisher he is, your typical fox in the box, Aguero is a handful to deal with...He has contributed his quota to City's course in no small measure with his 20 premier goal second only to Salah. Best striker in the league and world.

Left winger: Mane
The Mane called Sadio is the definition of stamina. This season has seen him add goals to his game which was the only lacking ingredient last season. He is a pack of energy, pace and power, his role in the destruction of the Bavarians at the Allianz Arena will not be forgotten anytime soon. When I watch him play, I see determination, a trait that's clearly lacking in Martial and all the other money mongers at United...He is a firm believer of Klopp philosophy, ghen ghen pressing...

Coach: Master Jurgen Klopp
I've not got much to say about the gaffer, 2 Consecutive UCL final is a testament to his methods...The slayer of tiki taka, the master of ghen ghen pressing, Klopp is the best coach in the world, better than Pep, Sarri, Emery, Valverde, Allegri and Kovac put together...

Subs: Ederson, Laporte, Gueye, Shaw, Silva, Sane, Pogba, Firmino...

Adabawole cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 2:28pm On May 12, 2019
But these players greedy sha. No wonder they dont care about playing well when the club keeps rewarding their mediocrity with fat paychecks.

Shaw asked for 195k from 70k. Martial asked for 250k from 65k and someone sat down, opened his eyes and gave it to them. SMH

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 2:29pm On May 12, 2019
Am tired of talking. All matches will b concluded today. Let c what d new season hold for us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Unlimited22: 2:33pm On May 12, 2019
patrickmuf:
My EPL team of the season...
Goalkeeper: Alisson
Signed from Roma in the wake of Karius disastrous showing the UCL final last season, Alisson has proven to be a safe pair of hands bar some school boy errors he committed earlier in the season which can be heaped on overconfidence. He has proven to be the difference when it mattered most especially his contribution against Barcelona in the comeback win.

Right back: Trent Alexander Arnold
Three words describes this young English man, Young, Dependable and Exciting...Just over a year ago, Walker and Trippier were the best in the league and TAA didn't really get a look in perhaps for his inexperience but a year on and he has proven to be a very good outlet for Liverpool down the right, his stand out performance was against Barcelona where he chipped in with 2 assist, one being the assist for the winning goal...He looks like one for the future but his performances tells me the future is now. As a Manchester United fan, I'll trade Young, Smalling, Jones, Bailly and Rojo to get him.

Right Center back: Toby Alderweireld
Toby is the perfect example of the guy who does the job away from the camera, he has been rock solid everytime I have seen him play, a very consistent CB who covers a lot for Trippier when he goes rampaging forward, not a popular choice but for me, he is right up there with the Van Dijk's, Pique's and Chiellini's of the world...

Left Center back: Virgil Van Dijk
PFA player of the year, Van Dijk has been nothing short of immense since joining Liverpool, he has brought leadership and stability where none existed prior to his arrival. If Liverpool goes on the win the UCL or league, he'd be on the Balon D'or podium unless of course, UEFA happens...Currently, he is the best CB in the world and if you think otherwise, then you must be a visitor here and should probably be sent back to Mars before the done of dusk...

Left Back: Robertson
No other player represents the ghen ghen footballing philosophy of the master himself, Jurgen Klopp than Robertson...He never stops running, in one second, he is delivering an exquisite ball to the head of Mane and in the next couple of Seconds, he is in with a last ditch sliding tackle to prevent an obvious goal scoring chance, he reminds me of Alba a couple of years ago...He is everything I wish Luke Shaw is and to imagine Luke Shaw won the Manchester United player of the season, how the great ls have fallen...

Defensive Midfielder: Fernandinho
Mr. Reliable, that he is the most important player in an otherwise star studded City teams tells you everything you need to know, a player who's never afraid to stick a foot in, he shields the City back so well that in his absence, Manchester City look a totally different team...

Center midfielder: Christian Erikson
If there's one player that almost always picks the right pass, that player has got to be Erikson (De Bruyne is another but he's had an injury ravaged season)...The exact opposite of Pogba who labors on the balls, prioritize fancy flicks and tricks over simple passes, Erikson is every coaches dream, here, he just about edges David Silva who has also had a stellar campaign...If my formation supported a 3 man midfield then Silva would've been the 3rd man.

Right winger: Raheem Sterling
A year on from whence an Arsenal fan on Twitter said he had more Children than goals, Sterling has raised the bar, he has had a fantastic season and were it not for the form of VVD, he'd have easily won the PFA player of the year as against the PFA young player of the year he was compensated with, you can't argue with the fact that he now has more goals than Children and it looks certain to stay that way going forward...
On a personal note, I think if City wins the league and FA cup added with the Caraboa cup which is already in their kitty, he stands a better chance of making the Balon D'or podium especially as Ronaldo only has the Serie A title to show for his efforts, Neymar/Mbappe, the French Ligue 1 and Suarez has LA Liga and possibly Copa Del Rey. Were it not for VAR, it'd have been a possible clean sweep for him, most improved player in the world...

Right Center Forward: Mo Salah
The great Egyptian is up to it again, he has once again proven beyond measure that he is no one season wonder...He went through a rough patch that had his doubters pick up the mic in a rush to say "I told you so" but it didn't weigh him down instead, like the Phoenix, he rose up in grand style tearing past defenses and scoring goals for fun and from every distance, Chelsea fans and Kepa will not forget the ballistic missile of a shot scored during their encounter at Anfield...If you must hold a conversation about elite players, never forget the name of a certain Egyptian, King Mohammed Salah.

Left Center Forward: Sergio Kun Aguero
The Argentine bulldozer has proven time after time what a deadly finisher he is, your typical fox in the box, Aguero is a handful to deal with...He has contributed his quota to City's course in no small measure with his 20 premier goal second only to Salah. Best striker in the league and world.

Left winger: Mane
The Mane called Sadio is the definition of stamina. This season has seen him add goals to his game which was the only lacking ingredient last season. He is a pack of energy, pace and power, his role in the destruction of the Bavarians at the Allianz Arena will not be forgotten anytime soon. When I watch him play, I see determination, a trait that's clearly lacking in Martial and all the other money mongers at United...He is a firm believer of Klopp philosophy, ghen ghen pressing...

Coach: Master Jurgen Klopp
I've not got much to say about the gaffer, 2 Consecutive UCL final is a testament to his methods...The slayer of tiki taka, the master of ghen ghen pressing, Klopp is the best coach in the world, better than Pep, Sarri, Emery, Valverde, Allegri and Kovac put together...

Subs: Ederson, Laporte, Gueye, Shaw, Silva, Sane, Pogba, Firmino...
Eden Hazard didn't make your subs list despite contributing 16 goals and 15 assists.

Alright o.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 2:37pm On May 12, 2019
Lana1:
But these players greedy sha. No wonder they dont care about playing well when the club keeps rewarding their mediocrity with fat paychecks.

Shaw asked for 195k from 70k. Martial asked for 250k from 65k and someone sat down, opened his eyes and gave it to them. SMH

Its a shame. It seemed/seems we have been desperate thats why they just agree to everything a player wants.

How can Shaw and Martial have such a quantum leap in Wages because they want to play for united?

Theclub does not even leverage on its history, status and pedigree when negotiating.

As a Naija guy, i suspect Ed Woodward dey collect kickback from these players abeg grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 2:39pm On May 12, 2019
codedguy1:

Its a shame. It seemed/seems we have been desperate thats why they just agree to everything a player wants.

How can Shaw and Martial have such a quantum leap in Wages because they want to play for united?

Theclub does not even leverage on its history, status and pedigree when negotiating.

As a Naija guy, i suspect Ed Woodward dey collect kickback from these players abeg grin
Anything is possible o. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 2:41pm On May 12, 2019
Lana1:
So are u saying the club should keep overpaying these players? At some point it has to stop.

Martial collecting 250k is no justification that someone else should also start collecting his own 250k

No. In fact I’m an advocate of slashing their salaries in half but DDG is one of the best in his position in the world and mostly when negotiating new contract, most player ask for improved contract, in this case, he’s asking for a 25% increment.

If they can’t come to an agreement, then he will leave. It’s as simple as that. Soldier go, Soldier come, barrack go remain.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 2:53pm On May 12, 2019
larride:

No. In fact I’m an advocate of slashing their salaries in half but DDG is one of the best in his position in the world and mostly when negotiating new contract, most player ask for improved contract, in this case, he’s asking for a 25% increment.

If they can’t come to an agreement, then he will leave. It’s as simple as that. Soldier go, Soldier come, barrack go remain.
Considering Martial got a 284% increase in wages, 25% is still reasonable for someone like De Gea.

But if they give him at this point, it will just give all those useless boys like Rashford an incentive to ask for ridiculous wages beyond what they deserve.

If the club makes a stand regarding wages with fan favorites like De Gea and Herrera, even to the point that they leave the club for free, then the rest will either sit up or gedifok.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 3:00pm On May 12, 2019
Lana1:
Considering Martial got a 284% increase in wages, 25% is still reasonable for someone like De Gea.

But if they give him at this point, it will just give all those useless boys like Rashford an incentive to ask for ridiculous wages beyond what they deserve.

If the club makes a stand regarding wages with fan favorites like De Gea and Herrera, even to the point that they leave the club for free, then the rest will either sit up or gedifok.

I think that’s why they extend the contract for one year to give them a chance to do negotiate better. We will see what they will do.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:14pm On May 12, 2019
codedguy1:

That's the only explanation
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:16pm On May 12, 2019
Na this Rashford was collect over 100k? SMH

Greenwood has been better. Just had his header saved by the GK
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Afz9095(m): 3:21pm On May 12, 2019
please guys where can i stream our match
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by wizkitvick(m): 3:21pm On May 12, 2019
Anyone with the link to stream the match??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:23pm On May 12, 2019
Cardiff Penalty. Wrong call though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by wizkitvick(m): 3:24pm On May 12, 2019
Very useless club!!!imagine me asking for link to stream the match only for goal to notify me of our early demise...i weep for my dear club

(1) (2) (3) ... (6686) (6687) (6688) (6689) (6690) (6691) (6692) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.