Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1043) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4436162 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1040) (1041) (1042) (1043) (1044) (1045) (1046) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ndidigood(f): 4:22pm On Jan 11, 2020
ositadima1:

Madam, I kind of feel you enthusiasm towards trading stocks. I have a few questions if you don't mind. Is stock trading profitable like doing just that full time can pay your bill's? Like what is your average ROI per year? Are you more of a technical analyst or a fundamental analyst? You sound like a day treader and a scalper combined.
l do not trade for a living just that my biz is flexible enough to allow me monitor market especially now that l don't want to carry last.l HV been an investor over a decade.l HV been buying stock when l have to buy newspapers to see price movement.
It looks m excited BC l do a whole lot by myself unlike those days l shoot in d dark.
I HV honestly grown my investment reasonably
When l was employed l send money to my broker every month for shares for those years l Neva withdrew l kept invest till 2018 bull runs l sold everything
It was a big hit for me ( relative)

I do not trade for a living just making Case for people that do that.
I am a biz woman.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 4:28pm On Jan 11, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

It is good to start small and grow. I started with just N5000 way back.

Investment One

Morgan Capital

The listed Stockbrokers will consider small Investors, with N20,000 you are good to go.

Thanks for this recommendation, sir.

Do you mind recommending a good stock yo buy?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ndidigood(f): 4:29pm On Jan 11, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

To enjoy stock trading you must have multiple streams of income, you need patience and staying. Cash flow gives the stay power and peace of mind, I have about 60 stocks in my portfolio the biggest stock in my portfolio is Zenith and will give a modest dividend of over 600k only in March. The smallest stock in my portfolio is Vitafoam and will give a dividend of N11k only in March.

I buy almost every month, money from my business, interest from Treasury Bills , money market funds, rental income are ploghed back into the stock market, divends from the stock market are used to buy Treasury Bills , Bonds.

The Investments are structured in such a way that money, no matter how small money must drop.

As a matter of fact someone like me love the bear market, because that is when I accumulate and get stocks at ridiculously cheap prices.
60 stocks? Chai
I understand u now
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 4:37pm On Jan 11, 2020
Which k recycled investment be this? TB gives birth to stock... Stock gives birth to TB.

How are you able to know what dividends you go get later in the year. Me, na until they send cheque or I check my account I de know wertin I suppose get.

emmanuelewumi:

To enjoy stock trading you must have multiple streams of income, you need patience and staying. Cash flow gives the stay power and peace of mind, I have about 60 stocks in my portfolio the biggest stock in my portfolio is Zenith and will give a modest dividend of over 600k only in March. The smallest stock in my portfolio is Vitafoam and will give a dividend of N11k only in March.

I buy almost every month, money from my business, interest from Treasury Bills , money market funds, rental income are ploghed back into the stock market, divends from the stock market are used to buy Treasury Bills , Bonds, money market funds

The Investments are structured in such a way that money, no matter how small money must drop.

As a matter of fact someone like me love the bear market, because that is when I accumulate and get stocks at ridiculously cheap prices.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:45pm On Jan 11, 2020
ojesymsym:
Which k recycled investment be this? TB gives birth to stock... Stock gives birth to TB.

How are you able to know what dividends you go get later in the year. Me, na until they send cheque or I check my account I de know wertin I suppose get.

Treasury Bill and money market funds interests go into stock, dividend from stocks go into bonds, Treasury Bills. Profit made from stock appreciation are Invested in defensive stocks, REITs, business expansion etc.

There is a problem if you need to sell your assets or Investments before you can have money to venture into another money making enterprise, that is why I always talk about cash flow.

You can have an idea of dividend based on historical performance and monitoring of financial report of companies. You can do this about 95% accuracy

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 4:48pm On Jan 11, 2020
I understood you the first time. That was my own way of standing awe of your strategy.

Okay for that. It's an estimate then, but you would have to see the financial report first, right?
emmanuelewumi:

Treasury Bill and money market funds interests go into stock, dividend from stocks go into bonds, Treasury Bills. Profit made from stock appreciation are Invested in defensive stocks, REITs, business expansion etc.

You can have an idea of dividend based on historical performance and monitoring of financial report of companies. You can do this about 95% accuracy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:52pm On Jan 11, 2020
ojesymsym:
I understood you the first time. That was my own way of standing awe of your strategy.

Okay for that. It's an estimate then, but you would have to see the financial report first, right?

Company send their reports to the investing public every quarter, we are all aware of the companies performance as at September 2019, by the end of the month and February the result as at December 2019 will be made public.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 5:01pm On Jan 11, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

I buy almost every month, money from my business, interest from Treasury Bills , money market funds, rental income are ploghed back into the stock market, divends from the stock market are used to buy Treasury Bills , Bonds, money market funds

Wow. You are NSE personified. Twale

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 11, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

You are doing it the right way by buying the market rather than speculating on the market, and rely on your time in the market rather than timing the market.

That's what I plan to do but it'll be with foreign ETFs.. total stock, bond , dividend ETFs and a few selection of stocks local and foreign .

Earn 15 percent today lose 12 tomorrow ain't my perogative.

I enjoy a bit of the euphoria of risk and return though , I won't mind playing with a max of 50 k for fun

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by henifri: 5:05pm On Jan 11, 2020
Could you please explain more? Thanks
emmanuelewumi:

No, but it is possible to get 11% per annum, those promising you 15% in 6 months might end up having issues
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:30pm On Jan 11, 2020
henifri:
Could you please explain more? Thanks

Any business that can't give a return of 10% is not worth venturing into, the 10% should take care of your sweat, stress, labour and risk

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:32pm On Jan 11, 2020
unite4real:

Wow. You are NSE personified. Twale

Na Kobo Kobo stocks, the number of stocks doesn't matter.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 5:59pm On Jan 11, 2020
@emma, you are pulling my legs out into stocks grin anyways I love ur investment pattern, I will dedicate my free 50k every month to picking stocks. First of all, I have three questions:
(1) How do I get these companies reports even if its e-copy
(2) I have some shares with fidelity, could remember it was first bank that sold them. Does that mean they are my brokers or just agents? Becos even the e-dividends registration I did it tru then
(3) In your opinion, as a newbie which brokers do you recommend?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seyisanya(m): 6:13pm On Jan 11, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Sir, I'll love to be like you when I grow up. Not until then, I'll be monitoring the day-to-day activities on NSE. I knew nothing about stocks prior to August 2019, but now, with the help of your selfless contribution and other gurus on NSEMPA, I've been able to learn and gain a lot.

My strategy, for now, is short/mid-term investing. And my focus is on capital appreciation for now. Not until I hit a certain target, no attention will be given to dividend yield but it's part of my long term investment goals. I've been able to grow my capital in NSE(both trading account balance and portfolio balance) by 50% in just 5 months with plenty of room for growth.

Thanks for sharing your wealth of experience on this thread and NSEMPA!

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:22pm On Jan 11, 2020
seyisanya:
Sir, I'll love to be like you when I grow up. Not until then, I'll be monitoring the day-to-day activities on NSE. I knew nothing about stocks prior to August 2019, but now, with the help of your selfless contribution and other gurus on NSEMPA, I've been able to learn and gain a lot.

My strategy, for now, is short/mid-term investing. And my focus is on capital appreciation for now. Not until I hit a certain target, no attention will be given to dividend yield but it's part of my long term investment goals. I've been able to grow my capital in NSE(both trading account balance and portfolio balance) by 50% in just 5 months with plenty of room for growth.

Good to make the best use of any situation we find ourselves in. The CBN policy on Treasury Bills made you to put on your thinking cap and you have learnt how to create another stream of income, I must confess you a fast learner nobody will believe you have spent less than a year in the capital market

Always remember to keep part of your profit in money market funds or bonds

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:51pm On Jan 11, 2020
seyisanya:

I also do short term speculative trades when the signals are right. I do this when the market is generally bullish and do a round trip twice or thrice in a year.

I borrow from my stock broker against my holdings and use such loans to speculate. I remember when i got a loan and bought N10 million worth of Wema bank shares at N2 and sold at N2.80k within 4 months and paid interest of about 700k and pocketed profit of N3 million and 100,000 units of Wema bank shares left in my portfolio. That was in the good old days of 2006 to 2008 bull run.

My broker marketed such loans to me in November but I refused, those who obliged have made a kill in UACN

Newbies should not try this

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:17pm On Jan 11, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

I also do short term speculative trades when the signals are right. I do this when the market is generally bullish and do a round trip twice or thrice in a year.

I borrow from my stock broker against my holdings and use such loans to speculate. I remember when i got a loan and bought N10 million worth of Wema bank shares at N2 and sold at N2.80k within 4 months and paid interest of about 700k and pocketed profit of N3 million and 100,000 units of Wema bank shares left in my portfolio. That was in the good old days of 2006 to 2008 bull run.

My broker marketed such loans to me in November but I refused, those who obliged have made a kill in UACN

dont loans are responsible for 10bn naira loss hanging on sani dangote head ....used the loan to buy intercontinal bank share then it crashed

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seyisanya(m): 7:20pm On Jan 11, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Good to make the best use of any situation we find ourselves in. The CBN policy on Treasury Bills made you to put on your thinking cap and you have learnt how to create another stream of income, I must confess you a fast learner nobody will believe you have spent less than a year in the capital market

Always remember to keep part of your profit in money market funds or bonds
Thank you, sir. In fact, I've only been investing in MMF, with re-investment of interest option, since 2018 and never did treasury bill because I've always felt they are almost the same if one chose interest re-investment option in MMF. When I diversified to stocks in August last year, I only went in with 20% of my funds while I allow the rest to continue to enjoy slow but steady growth in MMF.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seyisanya(m): 7:24pm On Jan 11, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

This is the first time of reading this. Really?! Wow.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 7:25pm On Jan 11, 2020
You wen newly start, where you for start? What were the elementary things you did and what are your suggestions with the benefits of hindsight?

seyisanya:
Thank you, sir. In fact, I've only been investing in MMF, with re-investment of interest option, since 2018 and never did treasury bill because I've always felt they are almost the same if one chose interest re-investment option in MMF. When I diversified to stocks in August last year, I only went in with 20% of my funds while I allow the rest to continue to enjoy slow but steady growth in MMF.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:26pm On Jan 11, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
dont loans are responsible for 10bn naira loss hanging on sani dangote head ....used the loan to buy intercontinal bank share then it crashed

Akingbola sold a dummy to Sanni Dangote. N10 billion is chicken change to Sanni.

I knew Intercontinental had issues, when the bank made a policy that customers should have a minimum of 10k in their accounts. Ten thousand multiplied by 2 million customers. That is N20 billion which was a lot of money in 2007
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:31pm On Jan 11, 2020
seyisanya:
This is the first time of reading this. Really?! Wow.

It is not every stock broker that have the financial muscles for this. Between 2006 and 2008, I got loans from FBN Capital.

In November 2019, FSDH Merchant Bank offered " Asset backed lending" facilities to customers.

UACN was one of the recommended stocks, a guy bought N20 million worth at around N5 last year
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:41pm On Jan 11, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Akingbola sold a dummy to Sanni Dangote. N10 billion is chicken change to Sanni.

I knew Intercontinental had issues, when the bank made a policy that customers should have a minimum of 10k in their accounts. Ten thousand multiplied by 2 million customers. That is N20 billion which was a lot of money in 2007
may sani dangote of pre amcon...he facing severe bankrupcy most of if firm in amcon (dansa juice 12bn fedillty bank),dansa oil (10bn) dangote tomatos 30 million dollars (cbn)...private jet (20 million dollars ) seized and sold ...court order freezing his entire accounts obtain.....his saving grace is been vp dangote group with zero input and no job role cos edwin , alake are doing the job ....

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 7:50pm On Jan 11, 2020
As an aside, very many people do not realize that Dangote tomatoes is actually Sani and not Aliko. To many people, Dangote na Dangote.

ahiboilandgas:
may sani dangote of pre amcon...he facing severe bankrupcy most of if firm in amcon (dansa juice 12bn fedillty bank),dansa oil (10bn) dangote tomatos 30 million dollars (cbn)...private jet (20 million dollars ) seized and sold ...court order freezing his entire accounts obtain.....his saving grace is been vp dangote group with zero input and no job role cos edwin , alake are doing the job ....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:55pm On Jan 11, 2020
ahiboilandgas:

good as AMCON has bought the debts. AMCON must have paid the banks

AMCON will put up the companies and his other assets for sale
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:59pm On Jan 11, 2020
ahiboilandgas:

Aliko Dangote does not joke with the guy kunle Alake. He has been working with Dangote for 30 years

He got a whooping dividend of about N100 million from Dangote cement in 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ofime123(m): 8:16pm On Jan 11, 2020
good evening sir/ma I just stumble on this thread today and I like what am reading here can anyone please put me through any investment i have about 600k sitting in my bank account since last June. please how wisely can I invest the money pls. am a novice is bond and treasury Bill's.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:18pm On Jan 11, 2020
ofime123:
good evening sir/ma I just stumble on this thread today and I like what am reading here can anyone please put me through any investment i have about 600k sitting in my bank account since last June. please how wisely can I invest the money pls. am a novice is bond and treasury Bill's.

Please buy money market fund you can still get 10%

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:33pm On Jan 11, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Aliko Dangote does not joke with the guy kunle Alake. He has been working with Dangote for 30 years

He got a whooping dividend of about N100 million from Dangote cement in 2019
funny enough he was bello dangote staff from Liberty bank then Alhaji took him
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ofime123(m): 8:44pm On Jan 11, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Please buy money market fund you can still get 10%
thanks sir please how do I go about it sir
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:46pm On Jan 11, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
funny enough he was bello dangote staff from Liberty bank then Alhaji took him

Aliko Dangote was also a major shareholder of the defunct Liberty Merchant Bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 9:10pm On Jan 11, 2020
ndidigood:
60 stocks? Chai
I understand u now

60 Stocks for what nah? if i build my holding around Zenith, GTB, UBA ACESS and 2 other consumers good with nice dividends and i monitor the performance. that alone can make fortune not only for me but the posterity behind coming after me.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1040) (1041) (1042) (1043) (1044) (1045) (1046) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Lordchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.