Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,471 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1045) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4430165 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1042) (1043) (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:36am On Jan 12, 2020
janga:

Plz if one wish to buy MMF or FG Saving Bond via FBNquest, where is their office located or are they also have their office located inside First Bank?

They are at Keffi street, not far from Obalende on your way to Falomo
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by janga(m): 10:00am On Jan 12, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

They are at Keffi street, not far from Obalende on your way to Falomo

am base in Awka not in lagos and through what u said, they re likely to have different office in Awka
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:15am On Jan 12, 2020
janga:

am base in Awka not in lagos and through what u said, they re likely to have different office in Awka

They have an office in Port Harcourt
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by janga(m): 10:29am On Jan 12, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

They have an office in Port Harcourt

since mutual fund is regulated by Sec, is MMF also regulated by Sec. am asking all this bcz i wanted to invest huge amount of mills with them and my capital preservation is my first priority in low risk investment

lastly thanks for ur time

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:49am On Jan 12, 2020
janga:

since mutual fund is regulated by Sec, is MMF also regulated by Sec. am asking all this bcz i wanted to invest huge amount of mills with them and my capital preservation is my first priority in low risk investment

They are regulated by SEC
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seanwilliam(m): 11:19am On Jan 12, 2020
janga:

do you sell phones? Do you buy bitcoin??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 11:43am On Jan 12, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

UACN at N10.00 or below please get opinions of others. Wait till Tuesday, those who bought at N5 in December will try to sell now at N10.30k so I expect profit taking tomorrow.

The business is being restructured and I see value being created through this exercise. The former managers were clueless on how to unearth the hidden values in this company. They now have new management and core investors who currently turning things around.

The company is as old as Nigeria, a company that gave a loan of $500,000 to Aliko Dangote's grandfather in 1940 so that he could supply agricultural produce for export to the company.
I am sure you heard about United African Company when you read about the amalgamation of Nigeria.

Dangote cement is also good at the current price
OK
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 11:49am On Jan 12, 2020
ukay2:

Sir, you were not trading real time, that was your problem then.

I had similar challenge with investment -one stockbroker that made me opened account with morgancapital group , and since I started trading by myself real time in the floor of NSE , life has become so sweet, easy , profitable and fun.....just like Madam Ndidigood has said above.

Cheers!

Can I pm you?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by isangjohnson: 11:53am On Jan 12, 2020
Though I don't know much about FBN Fixed Income Fund interms of Capital preservation and Regulation by SEC, but in all I prefer MMF to Fgn Savings Bond interms of rate.
We do not really know what will happen to CBN uncertain radical monetary policy in few months to come.
So locking huge amount for long term @ 7% or 8% with Fgn Savings Bond is not the best for now.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 11:58am On Jan 12, 2020
Am not a property fan am observing i suspect my friend built the house for 18m then land for 14m total =32m ( he over paid for land by 2 m) he sold the house for 42m (note he started around jan 2019) sold jan 4 that a return of 30 percent ...they buyer is removing all the tiles and cabinent (guess he is liquid )

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by BlessedHay(m): 12:01pm On Jan 12, 2020
Sir, can we chat on WhatsApp sir?
ukay2:

Sorry for late response. ...being busy at work today.

All my stock are good DIVIDEND paying stocks...

If the profit is over 50%, I usually sell and forfeit the 12-25% dividend payments and wait for pull back to buy more units of the sample stock I sold earlier.

If the stock percentage profit is less than my dividend, I chop the dividend or re-invest the dividend to the same stock or to a different stock..

Never be attached to any stock or investment since no be you or family get the business.

As treasury bills rates have become ridiculous, am moving to stocks for now with more dividend payments and price appreciation.

When treasury bills rates are above 10%, I will come back

Rule 1: NEVER LOOSE YOUR HARD EARNED FUNDS

Rule 2: DON'T FORGET RULE 1.

SLOW AND STEADY INVESTMENTS WIN THE RACE
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 12:31pm On Jan 12, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Am not a property fan am observing i suspect my friend built the house for 18m then land for 14m total =32m ( he over paid for land by 2 m) he sold the house for 42m (note he started around jan 2019) sold jan 4 that a return of 30 percent ...they buyer is removing all the tiles and cabinent (guess he is liquid )
31.25%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 12:58pm On Jan 12, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

C and I leasing very complex business model, business is making money but doesn't turn to profits.

PZ is having issues, caused by reduced purchasing power by Nigerians which has led to a continuous reduction in the profitability of the company. The company needs to adapt and learn how the Indian businesses are surviving and making money in Nigeria.

I will sell UPDC when they are done with the restructuring of the parent company. I still have UPDC REIT, that one is churning good profits from its Investment properties and interest income from the estimated cash of over N5 billion at the disposal of the company.

UPDC problem was caused by fund mismatch using short term loan to finance real estate projects. The reduction in the purchasing power of the upper class and lack of free money has negatively affected the sale of Properties in the high end of the property market which is the area the company focused on.

I think UPDC needs to look at building property which the average Nigerian worker can buy, how many people can buy a property of N80 million and above.

The company should look at the building of houses of N20 million and below..

The company also has debt of about N20 billion on its neck and has been declaring losses for the past 3 years stopped paying dividends about 3 years ago

UPDC is one of the" school fees" I paid in NSE 4 years ago ....I lost over 20% of my capital, though I have not sold it...still waiting for profitability to sell....Loooooool

Transcorp plc is also another "school fees " i paid in NSE some years ago, I bought the stock at N1.2k, the stock reached N1.7k and I sold it, but was surprised seeing it climbing to N1.9k , I quickly bought it back at N1.8k, the stock gradually reversed to N0.9k to N1.2k.....

......still lessons i learnt in stock market ....

1.once I have sold a stock and made my profits, I will never look back to it again until the price is at a bargain price (now it must be a good dividend paying stocks for me to reconsider it ). .... let those I sold to make their own gain too....

2. Never buy a non consistent good dividend paying stocks ....

Both stock are still in my investment one broker account as a constant reminder to me never to make the mistake again...

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 12:58pm On Jan 12, 2020
BlessedHay:
Sir, can we chat on WhatsApp sir?

Sir please if we can discuss here, it will be better so that others can learn too.

Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 1:01pm On Jan 12, 2020
Bishop TD JAKES message on DEDICATION TO YOUR DECISIONS FOR THE DECADE. ...made my Sunday today.

Friends. ....you can Google it....its a powerful message to listen. ..

Happy Sunday ALL.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by BlessedHay(m): 1:31pm On Jan 12, 2020
Noted,

First, I have some shares which was bought about 15yeara ago from a particular financial institution, what are the steps to take to get to know much the shares are worth.

ukay2:

Sir please if we can discuss here, it will be better so that others can learn too.

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 1:59pm On Jan 12, 2020
Good Evening Sirs/Ma

I want to ask this question, due to the low TB Rates I have been frantically looking for other low-risk investments, because Capital is key and I must protect it by investing in something that will not waste my capital, Bonds are not good for me because the tenures are too long and anything can change within that long time frame, I have read a lot about Mutual Funds and think I want to invest my capital in it, but are there any risks involved, can the Coy go under with all your funds, if yes, I think I will just subscribe to Treasury bills and manage till things get better

Thanks for your swift and valuable response
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tyche(m): 2:18pm On Jan 12, 2020
ukay2:
Bishop TD JAKES message on DEDICATION TO YOUR DECISIONS FOR THE DECADE. ...made my Sunday today.

Friends. ....you can Google it....its a powerful message to listen. ..

Happy Sunday ALL.

Dedication to Destiny is a great message and T D Jake's is a wonderful teacher. His message on generational thinking was one of the greatest paradigm shift I ever had.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seyisanya(m): 3:00pm On Jan 12, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

C and I leasing very complex business model, business is making money but doesn't turn to profits.

PZ is having issues, caused by reduced purchasing power by Nigerians which has led to a continuous reduction in the profitability of the company. The company needs to adapt and learn how the Indian businesses are surviving and making money in Nigeria.

I will sell UPDC when they are done with the restructuring of the parent company. I still have UPDC REIT, that one is churning good profits from its Investment properties and interest income from the estimated cash of over N5 billion at the disposal of the company.

UPDC problem was caused by fund mismatch using short term loan to finance real estate projects. The reduction in the purchasing power of the upper class and lack of free money has negatively affected the sale of Properties in the high end of the property market which is the area the company focused on.

I think UPDC needs to look at building property which the average Nigerian worker can buy, how many people can buy a property of N80 million and above.

The company should look at the building of houses of N20 million and below..

The company also has debt of about N20 billion on its neck and has been declaring losses for the past 3 years stopped paying dividends about 3 years ago
Thanks for your detailed response, sir.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 3:08pm On Jan 12, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Na wa o, So ordinary 18M can build this kind of house? Who did they contact to build it for them? Can you help me with their contact?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 3:19pm On Jan 12, 2020
OgogoroFreak:
Na wa o, So ordinary 18M can build this kind of house? Who did they contact to build it for them? Can you help me with their contact?

Very possible, the house isn't soo Big, with strict management one can achieve this.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:27pm On Jan 12, 2020
OgogoroFreak:

If you know, you know.

Information, Research,knowledge and education are very important. Ask questions and you won't go wrong.

By asking questions, comparing prices and costs, doing your own personal research you can save up to 20% of the cost of building your own house.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 3:37pm On Jan 12, 2020
brandable:

Buffet company, Berkshire, owns 48 securities with a market value of $251 billion.

but not 60-100 stocks nah

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 4:12pm On Jan 12, 2020
OgogoroFreak:
it in kaduna ....me can build same for 15m if i do all procurement myself...8000 blocks ,3 tonnes of 12mm road,2000 bags of cement ,200 pcs of planks ,200 pcs of 2x3 ,na wetin remain na ...windows 500k ,

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ndidigood(f): 4:12pm On Jan 12, 2020
aremso:

one song l heard growing up goes thus
- bla bla bla... Na my choice o.na my choice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 4:16pm On Jan 12, 2020
OgogoroFreak:
even mad Lagos max 20m go deliver....make e be dry land like magodo ,some thing go even cheap pass for Lagos like tiles,toilets items and doors na only labour Lagos go cost pass

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:17pm On Jan 12, 2020
aremso:

The portfolio size fluctuates depending on the opportunities available ,it was once higher than the current figure of 48. He is also very liquid and well positioned to harness opportunities as they emerge.

I don't compare myself with anyone, I am who I am, Baba Buffet is who he is. I am also his student of value investing.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 4:28pm On Jan 12, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

If you know, you know.

Information, Research,knowledge and education are very important. Ask questions and you won't go wrong.

By asking questions, comparing prices and costs, doing your own personal research you can save up to 20% of the cost of building your own house.

his my friend has over 200m in this accounts from this type of build to sell...in 2009 he was renting an apartment,then started building his own then he sold it like play play ...i have counted 17 houses he has built over 10 years only one stayed for 2 years cos it was very big and classy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:33pm On Jan 12, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
his my friend has over 200m in this accounts from this type of build to sell...in 2009 he was renting an apartment,then started building his own then he sold it like play play ...i have counted 17 houses he has built over 10 years only one stayed for 2 years cos it was very big and classy

How does he market the houses?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jaydee009: 4:55pm On Jan 12, 2020
odimbannamdi:

It is very surprising how an import-dependent economy like ours will have just one functional seaport.

I can imagine the number of businesses that have closed down as a result of this ugly situation in Apapa

They say for any dysfunctional system (poor electricity, bad roads, high costs of living, famine, wars, weak institutions etc), there are people who are smiling to the bank. The powers that be in Nigeria are not willing to change the status quo because of vested interests. Things may not be changing anytime soon.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:51pm On Jan 12, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

How does he market the houses?
through local agents
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cirtapoyat: 6:27pm On Jan 12, 2020
ahiboilandgas:

Are you referring to this house. 18M with finishing? I don't believe it. I have spent N10M on my bungalow building I never finish am.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1042) (1043) (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.