Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,379 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1047) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4430102 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 11:19pm On Jan 12, 2020
cirtapoyat:

Are you referring to this house. 18M with finishing? I don't believe it. I have spent N10M on my bungalow building I never finish am.
The thing dey surprise me sef o. I built my house in ajah for about 55M and it's not even bigger than this.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 11:24pm On Jan 12, 2020
OgogoroFreak:
The thing dey surprise me sef o. I built my house in ajah for about 55M and it's not even bigger than this.
or you dash contractors money

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 11:29pm On Jan 12, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
or you dash contractors money
Honestly, na so i dey feel right now. But person been wan buy the house 65M, I no sell. If to say na 18M I build am, I for rush sell am build more for selling purposes o. I am wiser now.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by BlessedHay(m): 11:50pm On Jan 12, 2020
Thanks much, the financial institution is still very active, i recently made contact with them on Twitter and I was asked which broker was used and I replied them...

I'm yet to get a response from them af re r that!

But to calculate how much it's worth, how will I do that?

I bought 1000units which was sold at #3.5 per unit.

It was bought in 2004.

I've got no stockbroker

ukay2:

Please sorry for late response.

Sir, I hope the financial institution is still functional.

If you bought the stock from IPO, then dematerilize the shares via your stockbroker. ...they will advise you further.

The prices of shares are in nse.com.ng website, which you can Google and calculate it base on the number of units you have.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seyisanya(m): 1:43am On Jan 13, 2020
unite4real:

Less than N500 naira. It can't even cover your transport to and from the bank.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kolagbemi(m): 5:35am On Jan 13, 2020
Tou wouldn't understand how much impact the knowledge you guyz are churning out here on daily basis are having on a lot of us (anonymous readers). Thanks to you all.

Please continue to call all those big figures...they are motivation to my soul.

@33years i am just beginning and i need a lot of motivation to continue.

Thank you once again....i hope to be a regular contributor henceforth; atleast i go ask questions.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mymadam(m): 5:49am On Jan 13, 2020
kolagbemi:
Tou wouldn't understand how much impact the knowledge you guyz are churning out here on daily basis are having on a lot of us (anonymous readers). Thanks to you all.

Please continue to call all those big figures...they are motivation to my soul...

grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 6:17am On Jan 13, 2020
OgogoroFreak:
Honestly, na so i dey feel right now. But person been wan buy the house 65M, I no sell. If to say na 18M I build am, I for rush sell am build more for selling purposes o. I am wiser now.

A nairalanders just drew a plan for me and the estimate from foundation to finish is about 18m in asaba. Without land. in 2020. It's a 5 bedroom duplex.

So u were ripped off. That money could have built 2.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:19am On Jan 13, 2020
OgogoroFreak:
how much was the land?finishing can jack up price eg bath tub or jacuzzi,spanish tile or china ,dry land or water logg..direct procurements or contracted.....this fundatmental can change everthing...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:20am On Jan 13, 2020
oluwaleokey:
I just stumbled this thread while searching for an info...i must commend the wealth of knowledge being shared here although i have never been a fan of bond, fixed deposit, stock market stuffs probably because its complex and i have never made out time to study & understand it however with the level of info here, i think i stand to learn alot...

That said,
Biko, For someone that works but als have side hustles about 6 kekes runing hire purchase arrangement plus a biz that fetches about 70k per month... thats my investments for now, no stock market investment or stuffs like that (is it bad?)
Please any advise on how grow or double my cash flow would be highly appreciated coz the 10M, 18M etc that i read here eh... me self dey admire am biko... na like this we go take build...
I am following sha

Plough back your money into your Keke business, since you have 7 Keke try to increase it to 10 by the end of the year, set 5 year Target of increasing your Keke to 70.

In 5 years time your cash flow will more than double

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jgoldie: 8:42am On Jan 13, 2020
unite4real:

Less than N500 naira. It can't even cover your transport to and from the bank.

Haaaa
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluwaleokey: 8:43am On Jan 13, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Plough back your money into your Keke business, since you have 7 Keke try to increase it to 10 by the end of the year, set 5 year Target of increasing your Keke to 70.

In 5 years time your cash flow will more than double

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Kereokwu(f): 9:21am On Jan 13, 2020
I read through it, I did not get answer regarding most of these questions especially CAPITAL PRESERVATION.
Pls if you can answer or anybody. I urgently need response. Thanks

Boyhood:

You obviously read some few last pages and not the early pages that started the thread
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Kereokwu(f): 9:29am On Jan 13, 2020
Thanks for the response
NO CAPITAL PRESERVATION?

richforever123:

I asked a similar question here, but no one responded, I had to go do some research on my own in the Mutual Fund Thread, after reading from page 1 - 70 here are my finding

You capital is not preserved like TB, in the event that the Fund Managers go down, your fund goes with them
Most have a Tenure of 3 months
You can pull out your funds on Maturity
They charge around 1.8%
I dont know the answer the No 5, a quick Google search will help

FGN Bonds is a minimum of 2 years
You can get at Commercial Banks
Rate are b/w 7 - 8%

Best Regards
Rich Forever
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:50am On Jan 13, 2020
Kereokwu:
Thanks for the response
NO CAPITAL PRESERVATION?

There is capital preservation with money market mutual fund

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 10:47am On Jan 13, 2020
richforever123:

I asked a similar question here, but no one responded, I had to go do some research on my own in the Mutual Fund Thread, after reading from page 1 - 70 here are my finding

You capital is not preserved like TB, in the event that the Fund Managers go down, your fund goes with them
They charge around 1.8%

Rate are b/w 7 - 8%

Best Regards
Rich Forever
This is not true. Try having a chat with the investment companies to get the right info

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Garlay: 10:58am On Jan 13, 2020
OgogoroFreak:

you don try bro, me never even fit buy land let alone mould block
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cucumbar: 11:40am On Jan 13, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Start small with about 10k, learn and grow.

Little drops of water make the big ocean.

A journey of a thousand miles starts with a step.
I lost my first 2M I saved when I start working to shares in 2008. Ever since then, I have stayed far from it.
Now, I’m willing to play with it, starting small like you adviced.
Please, how do I know which and which shares to buy, and when to buy and sell off?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:52am On Jan 13, 2020
cucumbar:
I lost my first 2M I saved when I start working to shares in 2008. Ever since then, I have stayed far from it.
Now, I’m willing to play with it, starting small like you adviced.
Please, how do I know which and which shares to buy, and when to buy and sell off?

Don't go into any venture because everyone is going into, go into it because you want to go into it and learn how it works.

The first thing is knowledge, information, education and personal research.

I prefer staying in my area of comfort and competence, before making a gradual diversification.

I will advise you to buy money market funds or bonds, you can then use invest the interest and coupon in shares, before then ask the relevant questions from those who know, make good use of the internet for relevant information and knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by megastarkels: 12:09pm On Jan 13, 2020
ukay2:
Bishop TD JAKES message on DEDICATION TO YOUR DECISIONS FOR THE DECADE. ...made my Sunday today.

Friends. ....you can Google it....its a powerful message to listen. ..

Happy Sunday ALL.

Same here, downloaded on Saturday and I have been on replay mode since Sunday

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cucumbar: 12:15pm On Jan 13, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Don't go into any venture because everyone is going into, go into it because you want to go into it and learn how it works.

The first thing is knowledge, information, education and personal research.

I prefer staying in my area of comfort and competence, before making a gradual diversification.

I will advise you to buy money market funds or bonds, you can then use invest the interest and coupon in shares, before then ask the relevant questions from those who know, make good use of the internet for relevant information and knowledge.
I have been in treasury bills, and MMF, for at least, 8 years now. All my funds have been in MMF for the past two years. Used to receive an average of 8-10k per day from MMF 2-3 months ago, now it has reduced to 5.5k.
I want to play around stock with some little money, I’m not even collecting any funds from MMF.
Want to see how I can diversify.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 12:19pm On Jan 13, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

There is capital preservation with money market mutual fund

Thanks, so what happens when the fund managers go down due to government sanctions or low liquidy or any other factor, let us know
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:19pm On Jan 13, 2020
richforever123:

Thanks, so what happens when the fund managers go down due to government sanctions or low liquidy or any other factor, let us know

Mutual funds are regulated by SEC

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 12:22pm On Jan 13, 2020
chigo4u:

This is not true. Try having a chat with the investment companies to get the right info

What exactly is not true? Will any investment company tell you that your capital is not secure, even MMM will tell that your capital is secure
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by delawal: 12:44pm On Jan 13, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Am not a property fan am observing i suspect my friend built the house for 18m then land for 14m total =32m ( he over paid for land by 2 m) he sold the house for 42m (note he started around jan 2019) sold jan 4 that a return of 30 percent ...they buyer is removing all the tiles and cabinent (guess he is liquid )

I can build this hose for 12m everything. not DT big BT its a fine house
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Boyhood: 12:53pm On Jan 13, 2020
richforever123:

They charge around 1.8%

Rate are b/w 7 - 8%

Best Regards
Rich Forever
You need to understand that most mutual fund administrator have different products e.g money market fund (mmf), fixed income fund, balanced fund etc. Because most of the funds in money market fund is invested in T-bills, the capital preservation is same as T-bills but for the other products that they invest in other sectors, the capital preservation may not be as such but those products sure have high interest rate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Boyhood: 1:09pm On Jan 13, 2020
richforever123:

What exactly is not true? Will any investment company tell you that your capital is not secure, even MMM will tell that your capital is secure
Study this factsheet, it will help your understanding of MMF
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-F9x1mjdjJy6GA7IuSkmqw_MCPJpqqGu/view?usp=drivesdk

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 2:26pm On Jan 13, 2020
incogni2o:

Thanks, Pls can I have your digits?

Lol! I be newbie oo. Almost everything I know about TBs was from this thread, by asking questions and occasionally further research. You ask your questions here so everyone learns.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 2:29pm On Jan 13, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

It is a cycle Treasury Bill will return back to the good old days. When it will happen, we don't know..

I hope so oo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.