Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,965 members, 7,810,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1049) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4430315 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) (1051) (1052) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 11:22am On Jan 14, 2020
odimbannamdi:

Hello sir.

I will appreciate if you can give a little explanation on the emboldened.

Thanks

CBN has instructed the bank that for every 100 Naira deposit, the bank must give out at least 65 Naira as loans to the real sector, leaving at most 35 Naira for other activities. Failure to meet up with this, CBN sanctions the banks by deducting their money from the deposit they have with the CBN.

Interest rate on loan is high and people are not coming forward as much as depositors are dropping the money in the banks. The money they are depositing is higher than the money being requested as loans. So they want to discourage this much money in order to avoid sanction due to their inability to meet up the 65% of the money as loans to the real sector. because of this, the deposit interest is reduced to as low as 2% to make it unattractive to depositors.

In all this policies, the banks end up winners. Na we dey suffer the thing.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nellybadas: 11:31am On Jan 14, 2020
Pls I don't intend to derail the thread. But anyone here with useful information on 03 capital in lagos. I hear it's a credit card company but they offer fixed returns on deposits just in form of tbills. The interest rates I was told for 365days could go as high as 17%. Pls does anyone know about this?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jaydee009: 12:03pm On Jan 14, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Buy Eurobond funds, FG bond or mmf.

There is a rumour of currency devaluation in the next 4 weeks, Eurobond Fund won't be a bad idea

Or buy shares of companies who earn in dollars eg Seplat, Airtel, Dangote cement earns in dollars from his branches in other African countries

Thanks egbon Ewumi. And, thanks for all the excellent information you give us on this thread for free. I cannot thank you enough.

Baba, I would love to have either your email or your digits via PM. Kindly oblige me. Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:05pm On Jan 14, 2020
Jaydee009:

Thanks egbon Ewumi. And, thanks for all the excellent information you give us on this thread for free. I cannot thank you enough.

Baba, I would love to have either your email or your digits via PM. Kindly oblige me. Thanks again.

Send a pm
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jaydee009: 12:17pm On Jan 14, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Send a pm
Sent via Nairaland auto mail... Kindly revert in your spare time.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ibechris(m): 1:00pm On Jan 14, 2020
jossy26:

Hello, can you please share details of how you were able to do this?

I joined the banking industry in the year 2012 where I met a colleague who joined from a bigger bank,although I joined as a graduate trainee while he joined as very senior officer.

One blessed day I engaged him in a talk on how we could have side hustle added to our salary,he said everything boils down to Capital for which he had none due to the project he had at hand. I quickly asked like how much are we looking at and he said at least a million naira. And lo and behold,I had just N360,000 as a fresh graduate. He requested I bring the cash and that was how we started,he showed me how to draft the agreement and how to recover funds from customers.

The first cash we gave out happened to be my money and the interest was shared on a 60/40 basis but as time went on,I was reinvesting my interest and the money kept coming.

2016, I resigned my appointment, because the stress was getting out of control and my mentor had already left to join another bank being a professional and very intelligent at his work.

That was how it has been ever since 2012 and currently, i have very solid customers base through referral that I can transact business without going to their offices or even meeting them. To further preserve my capital, I was able to secure about four landed properties in Abuja one in my village.

The loan business is very lucrative,as I have introduced my wife into it and my younger brother is coming on board.
Caveat is; get a mentor and have a targeted market and u will succeed. Do not listen to people as many will talk u down.

Funny enough no one has ever owed me since over 7years.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 1:05pm On Jan 14, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

There is a rumour of currency devaluation in the next 4 weeks, Eurobond Fund won't be a bad idea

Or buy shares of companies who earn in dollars eg Seplat, Airtel, Dangote cement earns in dollars from his branches in other African countries
Please how can one buy fgn bond? What are the tenors and rate.. Is there any tenor for 6 months?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kunleweb: 1:19pm On Jan 14, 2020
ibechris:

I joined the banking industry in the year 2012 where I met a colleague who joined from a bigger bank,although I joined as a graduate trainee while he joined as very senior officer.

One blessed day I engaged him in a talk on how we could have side hustle added to our salary,he said everything boils down to Capital for which he had none due to the project he had at hand. I quickly asked like how much are we looking at and he said at least a million naira. And lo and behold,I had just N360,000 as a fresh graduate. He requested I bring the cash and that was how we started,he showed me how to draft the agreement and how to recover funds from customers.

The first cash we gave out happened to be my money and the interest was shared on a 60/40 basis but as time went on,I was reinvesting my interest and the money kept coming.

2016, I resigned my appointment, because the stress was getting out of control and my mentor had already left to join another bank being a professional and very intelligent at his work.

That was how it has been ever since 2012 and currently, i have very solid customers base through referral that I can transact business without going to their offices or even meeting them. To further preserve my capital, I was able to secure about four landed properties in Abuja one in my village.

The loan business is very lucrative,as I have introduced my wife into it and my younger brother is coming on board.
Caveat is; get a mentor and have a targeted market and u will succeed. Do not listen to people as many will talk u down.

Ibo power super power.

Brilliant. I like this money growth story. What more do I like, the part that states do not listen to people as people would talk you down. I've never seen Nigerians applaud any venture as a good one to invest in. There's always a sad tale to hear when one goes about asking questions what to do. But like you mentioned. The right mentors, the right connections, the right processes and things would fall in place. This is a forward thinking writeup which I applaud and second. And not our typical " dem go collect your money run theology", no garri seller, would leave his shop and run due to a 40k loan. None. I rest to highlight and empasize that every venture needs a success formula. Many tines businesses nose dive or fail, its a lack of blueprint/success formula or like of adhering to laid down principles.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:24pm On Jan 14, 2020
chigo4u:

Please how can one buy fgn bond? What are the tenors and rate.. Is there any tenor for 6 months?

Bonds are from 2 years and above

We have a secondary market for bonds on the stock exchange and FMDQ, you can decide to sell your within 6 months or less
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ibechris(m): 1:25pm On Jan 14, 2020
kunleweb:

Ibo power super power.

Brilliant. I like this money growth story. What more do I like, the part that states do not listen to people as people would talk you down. I've never seen Nigerians applaud any venture as a good one to invest in. There's always a sad tale to hear when one goes about asking questions what to do. But like you mentioned. The right mentors, the right connections, the right processes and things would fall in place. This is a forward thinking writeup which I applaud and second. And not our typical " dem go collect your money run theology", no garri seller, would leave his shop and run due to a 40k loan. None. I rest to highlight and empasize that every venture needs a success formula. Many tines businesses nose dive or fail, its a lack of blueprint/success formula or like of adhering to laid down principles.

Just one person referred me to others. And most of these guys are worth more than what I give them.
Never u back down but believe u can.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kunleweb: 1:26pm On Jan 14, 2020
ibechris:

Just one person referred me to others. And most of these guys are worth more than what I give them.
Never u back down but believe u can.

I believe you Son of God. I'll share a story hopefully this time next year. God keeping us alive in this evil world.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Remix10(m): 1:29pm On Jan 14, 2020
ibechris:

I have been doing it for the past 7years and today,I am absolutely fulfilled.
I actually started very low in 2012 and I have been able to grow my capital to the tune of 35million.
The inflow has been consistent for all these years.
Caveat is; do not give above 10% otherwise u might loose all ur cash and another thing is that u have to be mentored before u can venture into this kind business.

I started it while working in the Bank and I had to resign because I got another job that was less stressful.
U could do it if u are interested.

Am interested please can you tell me the modalities, i have pmed you, thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 1:37pm On Jan 14, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Bonds are from 2 years and above

We have a secondary market for bonds on the stock exchange and FMDQ, you can decide to sell your within 6 months or less
Interesting. Is selling automatic like tbills or you have to wait to see buyer? And what’s percentage loss like when you choose to sell before time?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:42pm On Jan 14, 2020
chigo4u:

Interesting. Is selling automatic like tbills or you have to wait to see buyer? And what’s percentage loss like when you choose to sell before time?

It is a highly liquid market

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9jatriot(m): 1:43pm On Jan 14, 2020
ibechris:

I have been doing it for the past 7years and today,I am absolutely fulfilled.
I actually started very low in 2012 and I have been able to grow my capital to the tune of 35million.
The inflow has been consistent for all these years.
Caveat is; do not give above 10% otherwise u might loose all ur cash and another thing is that u have to be mentored before u can venture into this kind business.

I started it while working in the Bank and I had to resign because I got another job that was less stressful.
U could do it if u are interested.

1M to 35M in less than 8 years? This is very impressive o.
Give us small lecture na as oga Ema de give for stocks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ibechris(m): 1:56pm On Jan 14, 2020
9jatriot:

1M to 35M in less than 8 years? This is very impressive o.
Give us small lecture na as oga Ema de give for stocks.

My brother that is the power of compounding, sometimes I could do a business that will last for only two days,and I will collect my interest as if is one month.
Just like the one I transacted two days ago,two days business and I got same interest sharp sharp. This business is not stock nor TBill and there is not exact way to explain it other than mentoring.
Pls,permit me not dish out all the secrets here...I will find away to private chat u. Am in a party now thanks till we chat.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oceannaagent: 2:11pm On Jan 14, 2020
What's the interest rate on treasury bill undecided
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oludy: 2:55pm On Jan 14, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

FBNQuest told me the entry point for Secondary Market Eurobond is $200,000. Same from Stanbic. From your experience, would you validate this? Sometimes, these marketers are not well versed in their products.

If secondary market is $200,000, i wonder how much the primary market is then.

I am thinking of subscribing to an euro bond fund and considering these 3. FBN, UBA, Stanbic.

Am skewing towards UBA as the account opening process and customer service was seamless. But their DOM account is with FCMB. Would domiciling my DOM account with FCMB exempt me from the 0.5%-1% transfer charges i may incur if i were to use another bank for example Stanbic?

With respect to annual performance over the last 3 years, would you have some data to fill in my gaps?

I was able to gather the following:

Firm/Yr 2017 2018 2019
Stanbic 6.26% 7.33% TBD
United TBD 7.13% 8%
FBN TBD 4.33% 10.35%

Thanks in advance.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 14, 2020
ibechris:

Impressive, here's the part I don't get, how did you secure 4 landed properties in Abuja? Within 8 years of capital growth from 1 to 35 mill?

Just curious because some people with 100 mill can't access properties that easy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by diamond88: 3:00pm On Jan 14, 2020
ibechris:

My brother that is the power of compounding, sometimes I could do a business that will last for only two days,and I will collect my interest as if is one month.
Just like the one I transacted two days ago,two days business and I got same interest sharp sharp. This business is not stock nor TBill and there is not exact way to explain it other than mentoring.
Pls,permit me not dish out all the secrets here...I will find away to private chat u. Am in a party now thanks till we chat.

Let me be your mentor or work few months under you for free
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 3:07pm On Jan 14, 2020
ibechris:

Hmm. Sounds interesting.

My uncle, a lecturer told me to go into this business in 2017. I was scared.

He is a lecturer and told me that his colleagues would be my first clients as their salaries are never enough in this economy.

Maybe I should think again.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kolagbemi(m): 3:17pm On Jan 14, 2020
DigitalMallam:

I was about asking him same question, because I use to hear funny experience and stories that touches the heart about this keke business. Perhaps he's a police officer or enjoys making troubles (no joke intended). Because majority of those riding the keke are trouble makers who wouldn't want to pay the owner even when they are making a kill on daily basis.

Let me say i have read lots of negative feed back as regards this Keke business. At the beginning of 2019, i sat down and did projection on hire purchase and decided to try it out. I was Jobless for close to 2years and was desperate to do something. I got a loanof 2million and put everything into the business. I started mine on hire purchase plan in February 2019 with 3keke at 690k for purchase of New Bajaj and license registration.

My experience is here in Kurudu/Nyanya area of Abuja and I deal only with Hausa guys. I had intention to involve Police and Lawyers at the beginning, also wanted to put comprehensive insurance, with health and life assurance for the hirers but I jettisoned them all one by one due to the fact that I was lucky with the drivers i got.

Next month will be 1year since i begin, though it is not as smooth as i thought it would be, but it is not a bad venture. The Major obstacle to meet up with my projection was even me and not the business performance. I nearly finish my capital myself.

I had a projection of ploughing the money back to acquire more as the repayment of 20k weekly are made and it hit a total amont to buy another one. The first 6months were perfect but then i started to deep and into the capital due to challenges from home front. I should have hit 10 keke by now but I have 6 keke instead.

The hirers performance is close to 80%. One of the first 3 keke has missed just thrice (3weeks 60k) in all the one year. Another which is close to 8months now missed a week payment. Out of the 6keke only 2 are not doi g excellently well which I have retrieve Keke from them and give to another hirer.

I don't call them, i have never had issue with any of them. In fact, one of them, I only saw him yesterday since I gave him keke since February 2019. He came to checkhis balance.

That's my experience here in Abuja. The FCT administration is now limiting the activity of the keke which have now affected my going forward with it. I am now in the process of windingdown the business here.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:27pm On Jan 14, 2020
oludy:

FBNQuest told me the entry point for Secondary Market Eurobond is $200,000. Same from Stanbic. From your experience, would you validate this? Sometimes, these marketers are not well versed in their products.

If secondary market is $200,000, i wonder how much the primary market is then.

I am thinking of subscribing to an euro bond fund and considering these 3. FBN, UBA, Stanbic.

Am skewing towards UBA as the account opening process and customer service was seamless. But their DOM account is with FCMB. Would domiciling my DOM account with FCMB exempt me from the 0.5%-1% transfer charges i may incur if i were to use another bank for example Stanbic?

With respect to annual performance over the last 3 years, would you have some data to fill in my gaps?

I was able to gather the following:

Firm/Yr 2017 2018 2019
Stanbic 6.26% 7.33% TBD
United TBD 7.13% 8%
FBN TBD 4.33% 10.35%

Thanks in advance.

There is difference between Eurobond and Eurobond fund.

The Eurobond fund is a mutual fund, you can FBN Eurobond Fund with $2500.

Buying Eurobond directly on your own you will need minimum of $100,000 or more

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:30pm On Jan 14, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

Impressive, here's the part I don't get, how did you secure 4 landed properties in Abuja? Within 8 years of capital growth from 1 to 35 mill?

Just curious because some people with 100 mill can't access properties that easy

Should be outskirt of the city or around Nasarawa
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oludy: 3:33pm On Jan 14, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

There is difference between Eurobond and Eurobond fund.

The Eurobond fund is a mutual fund, you can FBN Eurobond Fund with $2500.

Buying Eurobond directly on your own you will need minimum of $100,000 or more

Yeah i know. I thought so too. Maybe they increased the minimum for Eurobond to $200,000 recently. Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kolagbemi(m): 3:37pm On Jan 14, 2020
I am now trying to check other options of earning income from the proceeds of the business.

I recently got a Job with FG paramilitary....onenof my colleagues introduced me to a business here that gives monthly 20% interest here in abuja. They are called Famzhi limited, while we were in training he use to show me his interest monthly. The business idea look so strange to me up till now. I have gone to the office saw whay they do but how can they afford to pay 20% monthly? They are into all kinds Poultry, Pure and table water, Farming etc.

I have decided to put 300k to test it while I continue to study the model.

Please experience guyz here should please advice on Famzhi limited.

See their office....

Please kindly check the Facebook page to learn about them so you can advice us better.

https://www.facebook.com/Famzhi-Investment-Business-111553143603860/

My capital is small but that's all I've got.. I can't afford to lose it.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:47pm On Jan 14, 2020
kolagbemi:
I am now trying to check other options of earning income from the proceeds of the business.

I recently got a Job with FG paramilitary....onenof my colleagues introduced me to a business here that gives monthly 20% interest here in abuja. They are called Famzhi limited, while we were in training he use to show me his interest monthly. The business idea look so strange to me up till now. I have gone to the office saw whay they do but how can they afford to pay 20% monthly? They are into all kinds Poultry, Pure and table water, Farming etc.

I have decided to put 300k to test it while I continue to study the model.

Please experience guyz here should please advice on Famzhi limited.

See their office....

Please kindly check the Facebook page to learn about them so you can advice us better.

https://www.facebook.com/Famzhi-Investment-Business-111553143603860/

My capital is small but that's all I've got.. I can't afford to lose it.

Thanks

Follow your mind.

I wish you good luck

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ibechris(m): 3:57pm On Jan 14, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

Compounding is just the magic.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 4:24pm On Jan 14, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Follow your mind.

I wish you good luck

Good evening sir.
Thanks for your contribution on this thread so far.

My T.bills dropped and I plan to spread my portfolio into the following areas:
1. FBN eurobond %75.
2. MMF 15%
3. Real estate %5
4. Business %5

I can pump more funds into real estate and business using my salary over time.

Your comments are most welcome.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:31pm On Jan 14, 2020
yomi007k:

Good evening sir.
Thanks for your contribution on this thread so far.

My T.bills dropped and I plan to spread my portfolio into the following areas:
1. FBN eurobond %75.
2. MMF 15%
3. Real estate %5
4. Business %5

I can pump more funds into real estate and business using my salary over time.

Your comments are most welcome.

Not bad. The real estate, I think you want to buy a plot of land for speculative purposes and a hedge against inflation.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Diyke4rich: 4:50pm On Jan 14, 2020
Please is firstbank stock advisable to invest N100,000 or which stock is advisable to invest on at this moment.

Below is email from firstbank

Please note that the closing stock price as at 1/13/2020 was N7.25/ share.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ozymes: 5:14pm On Jan 14, 2020
How do your recover your money from recalcitrant/dubious borrowers?
ibechris:

(1) (2) (3) ... (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) (1051) (1052) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Audrinakane(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.