Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8130392 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ib(f): 7:59pm On Apr 16, 2012
for ladies wondering how to put a baby into a routine, a lady at church who has the most behaved and calmest baby boys ive ever seen, she is an ardent follower of Gina Ford who writes books and materials on baby routines.
http://www.contentedbaby.com/index.htm
for more info.....she is an authority on the subjectmatter. eGoogle her to read more...i intend to implement some of her advice when my baby comes because i cant allow my sleep life to suffer like that!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 3:28am On Apr 17, 2012
@Ayobarmy what you are describing is somplex because premature birth is not an easy thing, its a topic i know all to well as my son was born way way befor 34 weeks. I list a couple of things that you should be aware of, because the baby was not full term, he may have issues keeping his body tempertature and regulating heat. If he was born full term this ability would have already been inplaced developmentally. So you said the baby has a fever is it a high or low fever? The clothing he wears is it warm and please keep a hat on the baby head so keep the warmth in. @ 34 weeks the baby is still small, i assume he weight between 3-5 pounds. Also about the feeding at 34 weeks the baby does not fully have the ability to feed correctly, for example they do not have the ability to co-ordinate the suck, swallow, breathing as they feed. There are so many things you need to be aware of with a premmie baby, can you send me an email, so we can communicate offline. Its a lot to talk about and the post will be too long. agiboma@gmail.com
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by demmykay: 11:25am On Apr 17, 2012
After being treated for malaria as i earlier posted felt a little beter nd ws told to be on bed rest which i observed. I continue to feel weak only to wake up on monday morning to c blood spot on my panty. Since d bloodspot yesterday morning, i ve nt seen any blood or bleeding. Went to c my doc nd he sent me for a scan. D scan result shows dat everytin was in place but reads non-viable fetus. D doc explains dat d heartbeat ws not there. I ws refered to a gynea who examines me again nd said i shd com back in 48hrs ie wednesday morning for a vaginal scan. Dat will den dtermine if its stil alive or an evacuation. But at 9 wks can d heartbeat be felt? Am seriously praying for a positiv tomoro. Am down nd sad as i dont want an evacuatn.what cld hv gone wrong? As i ws told d malaria drug given to me is safe in preg.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweettweet: 12:08pm On Apr 17, 2012
@demmykay,
attimes at 9weeks, the heartbeat might not be felt cos of the position of the baby.
at any rate though, stay calm and continue praying. God is ur strength.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nekkyrules: 3:46pm On Apr 17, 2012
Please who can help with the hospital list, the things you need when going to the hospital. Thanks and congrats to all the new mommas and papas. God will do our own soon oh.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by afrobaby(f): 4:08pm On Apr 17, 2012
Requests gotten
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by biddiebest: 5:28pm On Apr 17, 2012
@ Ayorbamy, congratulations, may d Lord bless and keep d baby, i guess dis is ur first child and there is every tendency for u to get worried of every slight change in d baby and if u av people around, a lot of them will give different kinds of advice, i will advise if u av a good matron at d hospital u speak with her, some of these things are normal and there might be no cause for alarm, congrats once more, hope u're assisting madam oooooo, even at night...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ib(f): 6:08pm On Apr 17, 2012
nekkyrules: Please who can help with the hospital list, the things you need when going to the hospital. Thanks and congrats to all the new mommas and papas. God will do our own soon oh.

Nekkyrules, this is the list i was given by the midwife
1. Toiletries
2. Bath towel
3. Hand towel
4. Pyjamas or nightdress
5. Slippers/footwear
6. old underwear/disposable underwear
7. Maternity sanitary pad
8. cloths for u to go home in
9. juice/snacks for ur energy and for ur partner to keep you guys going esp if u have a long labour.
10. camera/camcorder
11. Aromatherapy oil (for massage by your partner)
12. Music (if you want)
13. Tens machine for pain relief
14. paracetamol (my addition)

for baby
1. 3x baby vests
2. 3x babygros
3. clothes to go home
4. baby hat, mitten, show
5. cotton wool to wipe baby
6. 10 disposable nappies

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nekkyrules: 6:19pm On Apr 17, 2012
Thanks IB, really do appreciate, can't find the list I was given to both at the private and general hospital. Need to get my stuffs this weekend and my next doctors appointment is on saturday. Thanks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by avatur: 7:44pm On Apr 17, 2012
ayobarmy: Singing::.::...: Come and joy me sing halleluyah ooooo, Jehovah jaire has done me well::......... The ever faithful God has finnally done it, My wife delivered a bouncing baby boy yesternight and according to the news reaching me dis morning, both the mother and the baby are doing just FINE, the labour lasted for about 30minites after waterbreaking......., .I AM THE HAPPIEST MAN ON EARTH TODAY.........
cheesy congratulations oh oga. May God bless that little life and increase it every day and may he bring endless joy to you and your wife and whole family.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by avatur: 9:00pm On Apr 17, 2012
Agiboma, the spambot axed my last reply to you & diamondlove sad. Nothing major anyway, but thanks!

Diamondlove, try taking the pill you were given, was it one of the anti-nausea ones? some women swear it saved their lives lol. I was prescribed mine after 3mths so I can't say it worked for me but it might for you.

...lemme try reposting and hope it doesn't delete the post again.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 7:31am On Apr 18, 2012
nekkyrules: Thanks IB, really do appreciate, can't find the list I was given to both at the private and general hospital. Need to get my stuffs this weekend and my next doctors appointment is on saturday. Thanks.

Don't forget original olive oil. It will be used to clean d baby up.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by recruitmnt: 8:36am On Apr 18, 2012
Hi everyone,

Aigboma, do you remember me. Am now almost 30 weeks with cerclage and on bed rest. Problem is I am constipated. I can't eat, my stomach is full. Pleaseeeee help!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 9:41am On Apr 18, 2012
Hi all,

After not doing much for a few months being in Nigeria, I got bored so I'm Sorry for my hiatus I been real busy setting up a Clinic in PH, doing what i do best wink. Lots have happened on the thread cheesy
@demmy I am sorry to hear your news, the heartbeat "should be heard by 7 weeks" so @ nine weeks you should be hearing it, but please get a secound opinion as i have herd stories about no heartbeat in an ultrasound then you go back for another one and the baby is fine. Most miscarriges happen n the first trimester, thats why when you get to secound tri the likelihood of carrying the baby to term is greater
@IB great resource about calming the baby smiley and things to include in the hospital bag
@avatuer i also suffer from Insomnia and so does my hubby, lol most nights where all awake together
@recreuitment congrats mommy i know bedrest all to well as i also had a cerclage, with my son, take it in strides mommy only 7 more weeks to go, when do they remove it @37 weeks i hope, usually most moms go into labor within 48 hours of removing it.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 9:45am On Apr 18, 2012
If you want to be added to the front page please give me your due date so i can add you. smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mogbomoya: 10:18am On Apr 18, 2012
@Aigboma,

How can I help my mood. Some days am so happy , other days I feel so miserable. I also feel so fat & ugly!!!!!! I really can't wait to put to bed and get back to my size 10! My face is so puffed up.

Am sorry am sounding this way. cry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by osikhueme(f): 11:36am On Apr 18, 2012
I had cerclage as well, was on bed rest d whole of dat week bt resumed work immediately after, bt I consciously tried to eliminate stress as much as possible both mental and physical, didn't hv constipation per say bt had a lot of gas in my stomach at some point dat I had 2 go 2 d hospital cos since it was my 1st, wasn't sure wat labor pains felt like cos dis was so painful, I think they gave me mixmag or so
My cerclage was taken out on d day I turned 37wks n my baby came on d day I turned 39wks dats 2wks after

Pls just 2 clarify, does this thread cover baby care related topics or just pregnancy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by recruitmnt: 12:33pm On Apr 18, 2012
mogbomoya:

How can I help my mood. Some days am so happy , other days I feel so miserable. I also feel so fat & ugly!!!!!! I really can't wait to put to bed and get back to my size 10! My face is so puffed up.
cry

Hehehehehe, welcome to my world tongue

osikhueme: I had cerclage as well, was on bed rest d whole of dat week bt resumed work immediately after, bt I consciously tried to eliminate stress as much as possible both mental and physical, didn't hv constipation per say bt had a lot of gas in my stomach at some point dat I had 2 go 2 d hospital cos since it was my 1st, wasn't sure wat labor pains felt like cos dis was so painful, I think they gave me mixmag or so
My cerclage was taken out on d day I turned 37wks n my baby came on d day I turned 39wks dats 2wks after

Pls just 2 clarify, does this thread cover baby care related topics or just pregnancy

I'll ask for mist mag at my next appt. I have hemorroids aswell . Yes, I have the gas too...I'll ask for mist mag at my next appt.. Pls I like pepper, is this safe for baby?

I pray baby stays in for a while after my stitch is taken out too cos I need some fun before he /she comes wink

The thread should cover baby related topics please, for after delivery support smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by avatur: 2:55pm On Apr 18, 2012
agiboma: Hi all,

After not doing much for a few months being in Nigeria, I got bored so I'm Sorry for my hiatus I been real busy setting up a Clinic in PH, doing what i do best wink. Lots have happened on the thread cheesy
Oh wow, cool. Can you share a little bit about that?

@demmy I am sorry to hear your news, the heartbeat "should be heard by 7 weeks" so @ nine weeks you should be hearing it, but please get a secound opinion as i have herd stories about no heartbeat in an ultrasound then you go back for another one and the baby is fine.
100% true. At 12 weeks the nurse tried fruitlessly & couldn't find my babys heartbeat. We got worried, but after the doctor spent a good amount of time searching they finally found it. Demmy go for a second check before you worry yourself.

@avatuer i also suffer from Insomnia and so does my hubby, lol most nights where all awake together
Lol. This is hilarious lol cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by avatur: 3:01pm On Apr 18, 2012
recruitmnt:
Hehehehehe, welcome to my world tongue
Lol. Its all our worlds cheesy. I can't wait to return to a regular human being lol.

I'll ask for mist mag at my next appt. I have hemorroids aswell . Yes, I have the gas too...I'll ask for mist mag at my next appt.. Pls I like pepper, is this safe for baby?
Gosh, I hate those! embarassed extremely hazardous to ones mental health. I don't believe spicy foods have any negative effect on the pregnancy, its about what your body can handle and won't send you running for the bathroom. I enjoy spicy food myself but have definitely paced myself thruout more because of tummy troubles than anything else. It was certainly bad eating anything spicy when I was going thru terrible morning sickness but relatively fine now.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 8:00pm On Apr 18, 2012
Hi all

@ mogoboyma well the moods are all part of the hormonal changes in the body, due to pregnancy. I swear some days I cried at the silliest commercials and other days everything and everyone got on my nerves, i wish i can give you a solution but its just part of pregnancy. I know about the fat and ugly part also OMG, i gained 80 pounds because of the preeclamsia i developed in my pregnancy and some weeks i gained like 10 pounds, another week 13 pounds etc. So i completly did not look like myself. In addition to that I got so dark facially it was embarassing, i swear my face darkened like 4 shades, my family could not beleive it was actually me, my nose got so big also. OMG i can write a book about my appearence in pregnancy. I cant figure out why women say they have a "pregnancy glow" i certainly did not have on. It took me a long time to put myself back together and look like a human being again. I lost over 60 pounds and i am still trying to loose the last 20 pounds,Im now a size 8 and trying to get down to a size 4 cheesy. so dont worry you'll look hot again mommy, so hot when you go out the photographers will ask to snap you and put your picture in the fashion magazine. This happened to me a few weeks ago, I could not beleive it me in a magazine, I never appeared in any magazine when i was single, but now i got a kid i finally made it OMG shocked, So im just trying to say dont worry youll look HOT again in no time wink

@Avatur about the clinic its a Diagnostic clinic where we do scan(s), bloodwork, counselling, ecg.ekg fetal/maternal monitoring etc. As far as i know where the only clinic really going a step further to help high risk moms. I flew in machines from Canada the same one's the hospital in Canada use in their high risk unit, I truely hope this makes other centers do the same so women in Nigeria can receive the same type of care western hospitals give their patients are @ least something close to that level. In a few months we are also gonna add the dialysis component to the center, its gonna be a place where people can receive dialysis for a affordable price our hope is to never turn anyone away if they dont have money. so thats all about the clinic.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 11:42pm On Apr 18, 2012
Finally decided take drips
Vomit has stopped bt y do I still feel weak
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by camrygmail: 3:02am On Apr 19, 2012
@agibomma may God crown ur efforts and may you never get frustrated. Only thing I can say is that you went thru high risk preg. But yet you are not shying away from helping other women. God bless you!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 4:51am On Apr 19, 2012
@Camery welcome oooo been waiting for you wink, I think g-d has a reason for everything, through my expereince and work, I hope this thread can at least help 1 person, then i know its worth it. wink
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 4:53am On Apr 19, 2012
I think someone asked if this thread covers after birth it certainly does, lots of things are still happening in a woman's body after she delivers and we still need to talk about them wink
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by afrobaby(f): 9:00am On Apr 19, 2012
Please does anyone know gbaja hospital in surulere, are they ok? Thinking of starting antenatal dia.
Also, please why do my boobs feel so painful dis days, I always feel pains whenever I wake up and also at times it feels warm even when am inside AC in d office, pls is dis normal, I dont like thid pains o, am trying to cope with it being extra big , now pains! *sobs* *sobs* *sobs*
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by recruitmnt: 10:55am On Apr 19, 2012
diamondlove: Finally decided take drips
Vomit has stopped bt y do I still feel weak

Diamondlove ooooo, pele dear..... I was in the hospital throughout mu 1st trimester due to severe hyperemesis (vomiting). I practically lived on drips alone. I was soooo skinny. I was permanently weak too. I even hate remembering, it was awfull. But don't worry, it should get better soon.

You will definitely overcome.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mogbomoya: 12:04pm On Apr 19, 2012
@Aigboma,

80 pounds! wao. I have gained 19 pounds so far and am just 22 weeks preggi. Most of the weight I gained was in my 1st trimester. I feel better better knowing am nt the only one that gains.
My friend is 30 weeks preggie, and she is still as skinny as ever.

God bless you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by EfemenaXY: 2:52pm On Apr 19, 2012
agiboma: I think someone asked if this thread covers after birth it certainly does, lots of things are still happening in a woman's body after she delivers and we still need to talk about them wink

Hear! Hear!!

Very true - and kudos to you on your new clinic Agiboma smiley

Question for all mums who've undergone a C-Section...I had mine 9 weeks ago.
What exercises can I take to get back in shape? I've recently started taking long walks with my baby and I'm considering swimming as an option but not sure if its too early as I don't want to risk picking up an infection from the pool.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 5:02pm On Apr 19, 2012
@ Agiboma, this thread is a big help! I got a lot of support and strength from all you lovely ladies, I'm still so attached to this group, can't get enough, love you all mwuaaaaaah!!!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 5:10pm On Apr 19, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Hear! Hear!!

Very true - and kudos to you on your new clinic Agiboma smiley

Question for all mums who've undergone a C-Section...I had mine 9 weeks ago.
What exercises can I take to get back in shape? I've recently started taking long walks with my baby and I'm considering swimming as an option but not sure if its too early as I don't want to risk picking up an infection from the pool.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

When i had mine, the doctor said to wait for at least 3 months before i could start doing tummy exercises.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.