Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,932 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8129910 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 9:02pm On Apr 21, 2012
Hi all,

@ demmy I am truely sorry to hear about your loss, you will smile again very soon, g-d is your strength
@Yinkes yes a sweep is suppose to help indce labor, does not work on all women though
@ otossd welcome and congrats on your pregnancy
@afamdam well this story is all to familiar to me, I really know how you feel as i delivered my son @ 25 weeks because of this thing called preeclamsia, mine also came in @ 19 weeks and it was sever,@ 25 weeks it was no longer safe for me to be pregnant anymore, as my life and the baby was in danger. My son was born early and spent 3.5 months in the hospital intensive care unit, where he was in teh incubator. Look pregnancy is not always simple once it gets difficult it really gets hard to deal with it all. I had him at a very advanced hospital in Canada and that is the reason why I am alive today to tell you this story. I cannot stress how dangerous this thing is. Look preeclamsia kills babies in their mothers womb, that is why it is best to deliver the baby and have it fully develop in the incubator. This is how it happens, the placenta that gives the baby nutirents to survive does not function properly once the pre eclamsia becomes sever, so the blood flow the baby receives from the mother is reversed and stopped so that mean no nutrients going to the baby and that will definetly lead to fetal death. It is truly my hope that people become more aware of this, perhapes some of the moms on here may have a friend that develops this and they can spead the information about this problem to others. My only consulation is that I may not develope it again in my next pregnancy and i pray to g-d, it wont be my portion ever in this lifetime again.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dramakwin(f): 8:09am On Apr 22, 2012
Congratulations to all d mothers and expecting mothers on this thread.
A̶̲̥̅♏ ttc but a thread like dis increases faith in ppl like me
A̶̲̥̅♏ happy to b here π i pray u will never have reason to weep over ur source of joy ijn

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweettweet: 10:22am On Apr 22, 2012
@demmykay,
Sorry bout ur loss. May God replace it with smthn better,beyond ur xpectations.amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by afdman: 11:43am On Apr 22, 2012
For those trying to get the rest of my pre-eclampsia story, I decided to open a new thread. So you can follow it by clicking this link. https://www.nairaland.com/920090/pre-eclampsia-story#10654834
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pamperme: 2:33pm On Apr 22, 2012
We are 38weeks today, expecting the baby anytime from now. Thank God for his mercies!

@demmykay. Really sorry about your loss. May Almighty God grant you another thro Christ Our Lord.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 7:52pm On Apr 22, 2012
@pamperme safe delivery ooo, make sure to come back and tell us about the experience if you can
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PregMama(f): 12:29am On Apr 23, 2012
mjconcept: Abeg the ladies make una explain to me wetin dis mean ***breaking of water during pregnancy***

Water breaking is one of the signs of labor for a pregnant woman. There is a bag of waters surrounding the baby inside womb/uterus, in build-up to labor and childbirth, the bag breaks ( the woman may have a gush or slow leak of fluid), as a sign that labor is iminent. It's also important for you to know that delivery doesn't immediately happen after the water breaks, but such woman should immediately contact her doctor or go to the hospital.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PregMama(f): 12:35am On Apr 23, 2012
Congratulations in advance for all expecting Moms on this thread. And to the moderator, well done.

I wish you all safe delivery, and invite you to SHARE YOUR SUCCESS STORY WITH WOMEN WORLDWIDE on this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/920957/sharing-pregnancy-success-stories.

WOMEN FROM NIGERIA AND AROUND THE WORLD ARE WAITING TO READ YOUR STORY.

agiboma: Hi All,

I am starting this thread so we can discuss pregnancy and all the joys, anticipation, expectation and all aspects of this beautiful time in a woman's life.
At times pregnancy can be very difficult and may even become life threatening, when conditions such as pre-eclamsia,gestational diabetes, Incompetent cervix, PPROM etc.  So lets use this space to discuss all aspects of this process.

Nothing in relation to pregnancy is off limits, lets share our experience and support each other in a caring respectful way. Doctors can only give so much advice, but i know first hand peer support is equally important.

So lets start talking!

Below are a list of ladies that have included their delivery dates, lets keep them in mind by praying and meditating and sending them positive energy, I will update the list reguarly, just include the month you are due. I will also update once you confirmed you have delivered. This will allow ladies to see others that are due around the same time as themselves and perhaps you may find a pregnancy "buddy". Its not a must that you include this info to join the thread, we welcome everyone.

1.) Nkkyrules due June 2012
2.) Amarush due March 2012 *******DELIVERED A BOUNCING BABY GIRL smiley*******
3.) IB due April 2012
4) Mogobomya August 2012
5.) Toyosi Oct 2012
6.) Strita Oct 2012
7.) Uwani Oct. 2012
8.) Igosun Jul. 2012
9.) Jemmibee Oct. 2012
10.) y.me Nov 2012
11.) tessybaby April 2012
12.) Luvlee May 2012
13.) Biddiebest Aug
14.) Oknee April 2012
15.) Dudugirl April 2012 *******DELIVERED A BOUNCING BABY GIRL smiley*******
16.) Moran August 2012
17.) Diamondlove Oct. 2012
18.) osikhueme March 2012 *******DELIVERED A BOUNCING BABY BOY smiley*******
19.) Babyme Sept. 2012
20) Sweettweet June 2012
21.) Imboss. Jul 2012
22.) Jibola Nov. 2012
23.) Efemena_xy Febuary 2012 *******DELIVERED A BOUNCING BABY GIRL smiley*******
24.) Avatur Due June 2012
25.) OLUWATOSIN Due June 2012 *******DELIVERED A BOUNCING BABY BOY smiley*******
26.) Recruitment Due August 2012
29.) Jumie Jul, 2012
30.) Otossd June 2012
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by afdman: 8:42am On Apr 23, 2012
I have updated my pre-eclampsia story. You can find it here. https://www.nairaland.com/920090/pre-eclampsia-story please read and maybe learn a thing or 2.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 9:30am On Apr 23, 2012
afta drip
askd 2 tk injection again
injection day2
i feel beta
now dis mornin vomited again
sobs
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 10:30am On Apr 23, 2012
Seriously, how come I didn't see any water? All I saw was a little mucus and then d doctor did some magic and I saw some slimy looking yellow fluid!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Otosdd: 11:04am On Apr 23, 2012
Dudugirl congrat on ur beatiful baby. U know sometimes ur water dont break. Like wen i had my first child i saw blood not even mucus not until i went 2 d clinic d doctor had 2 bust d water itself, so every body with there leg, some people d water will break b4 they get 2 d clinic but some d doctor wil have 2 do it.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by afrobaby(f): 3:53pm On Apr 23, 2012
is one expected to pay for antenatal registration at general hospital, thx
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweettweet: 7:24am On Apr 24, 2012
afrobaby: is one expected to pay for antenatal registration at general hospital, thx

our general hospitals are not free in 9ja.
during my 1st preg, I used one in lag b4 comming down to PH and I had to pay for antenatal. there was also stipulated fee for when u want to deliver.
PH is even more expensive as ANC fee is as high as #18k in some public hospitals.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nellyd(f): 7:32am On Apr 24, 2012
@agiboma, thnx for dis topic. Pls i d like to hv ur e mail address. Pls wat tummy trimming exercise shud a cs patient do nd wen is appropriate? Thnx.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 10:38am On Apr 24, 2012
@Agiboma & all,i went for another scan yesterday,the scan shows that i'm 30wks+5days gone(don't know how true is dat)and i'm still having an anterior low lying placenta,was asked to repeat scan at 36wks.Pls,has anyone experienced this before or is anyone also having this same issue of is it just me?I must not say i'm scared just believing God for a miracle.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by demmykay: 10:47am On Apr 24, 2012
@sweetweet tanks and amen @pamperme tank u, may God grant u a safe nd sound delivery IJN @ agiboma tank u may God continue to strenghten u nd help u fulfil ur dreams in life
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by yinkes(f): 12:23pm On Apr 24, 2012
@agiboma thanks for reply,more power to ur elbow. after d sweepin of membrane, labour still did not come and have been scheduled for induction. has anybody gone through it,kinldly share ur experience
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweettweet: 12:39pm On Apr 24, 2012
@imurboss,
my cousins wife had this condition when she had thier 2nd baby. Her placenta did not move away up till the time of labor, so she had to be operated upon.
since ur pregnancy is still like 30weeks, there is still possibility of the placenta moving away and that is why u have been asked to do a repeat scan.
by God's grace, it will move away. I'll remember u in my prayers and u'll bring forth a healthy baby, amen.
@yinkes,
induction of labor is no big deal as I have seen some1 who experienced it. We were together in the labor ward when I had my 1st baby. she was given the drug to induce her close to midday and her labor progressed so fast, she gave birth minutes after I did in the evening. She told me that the labor was painful though. but u know, labor is naturally painful.
Although when labor is induced but does not progress normally, then the next option is a C/S.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tessybaby(f): 1:18pm On Apr 24, 2012
PRAISE GODDDDDD
I HAD A BABY GIRL YESTERDAY THE 23RD
WEIGHING 3.8KG

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by afrobaby(f): 1:33pm On Apr 24, 2012
@agiboma, thx for ur response. I was asked to pay #11,500 at gbaja general hospital and was just thinking if ANC is no longer free, thot we have free health care in Nigeria, apparently I was wrong.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweettweet: 1:33pm On Apr 24, 2012
@tessybaby,
big congrats to you.
may God bless and keep ur LO, amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dyt(f): 1:56pm On Apr 24, 2012
wow
mummys in d house
congrats tessy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 2:28pm On Apr 24, 2012
@sweettweet,thanks for ur concern,i say a big amen to that.

@Tessybaby,congrats God bless u & LO
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by avatur: 7:23pm On Apr 24, 2012
agiboma: Hi all
@Avatur about the clinic its a Diagnostic clinic where we do scan(s), bloodwork, counselling, ecg.ekg fetal/maternal monitoring etc. As far as i know where the only clinic really going a step further to help high risk moms. I flew in machines from Canada the same one's the hospital in Canada use in their high risk unit, I truely hope this makes other centers do the same so women in Nigeria can receive the same type of care western hospitals give their patients are @ least something close to that level. In a few months we are also gonna add the dialysis component to the center, its gonna be a place where people can receive dialysis for a affordable price our hope is to never turn anyone away if they dont have money. so thats all about the clinic.
wow! You are a hero. I praise the good Lord in heaven for people like you who give of themselves to benefit others without asking for anything in return. May God strengthen you in this endeavor and make it fruitful beyond your wildest dreams. Amen!

Nellyd: @Agiboma, really wanna thnk u for starting up dis very important topic. All thanks to God for keeping me alive today. In my 29 weeks of pregnancy, i startd hving incresd blood pressure. At a point d doc said d best option wz to remove d baby thru cs since d bp continued goin up even after medication. D baby died d nxt day. During d period,my legs, hands nd face were all swollen cos of excess fluid. But i thank God am alive cos a nebo of mine went thru same but did not come out alive. My fellow women, once u hv an increasd bp during pregnancy, rush to d hospital. If u'a admitted, dont say no cos its a very delicate case. My question is: how long shud i wait b44 takin in again? I wudnt want to go thru cs again. And its been 4 months nw,wat exercises can i be doin cos i addede a lot of weight? Wish all d pregnant women safe delivery. God bless u all. Thnks.@Agiboma, really wanna thnk u for starting up dis very important topic. All thanks to God for keeping me alive today. In my 29 weeks of pregnancy, i startd hving incresd blood pressure. At a point d doc said d best option wz to remove d baby thru cs since d bp continued goin up even after medication. D baby died d nxt day. During d period,my legs, hands nd face were all swollen cos of excess fluid. But i thank God am alive cos a nebo of mine went thru same but did not come out alive. My fellow women, once u hv an increasd bp during pregnancy, rush to d hospital. If u'a admitted, dont say no cos its a very delicate case. My question is: how long shud i wait b44 takin in again? I wudnt want to go thru cs again. And its been 4 months nw,wat exercises can i be doin cos i addede a lot of weight? Wish all d pregnant women safe delivery. God bless u all. Thnks.
So sorry about your loss my sister. It will be well with you by God's grace. Did you speak to your doctor about when it would be ideal to start trying again?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by avatur: 7:32pm On Apr 24, 2012
tessybaby: PRAISE GODDDDDD
WEIGHING 3.8KG
Yay!!! Congrats sister. A jnr TessyBaby has joined the world lol. May her life increase everyday by God's grace. Amen!

@topic,
I'm rolling on 33weeks now...the painful swollen hands & feet is not fun, though hearing the extreme cases in the pre-eclampsia stories make me swallow my small pain. Continuing to count down the weeks with eager anticipation smiley. I wish all the expecting mamas a good week ahead.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by recruitmnt: 10:00pm On Apr 24, 2012
^ do you feel any pain in or around the cervix? Been complaining about this pain and he says it's a normal occurrence in the 3rd trimester. Is this true? (btw, I have a cerclage in)
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by afdman: 11:01pm On Apr 24, 2012
@avatur please go to the hospital and check your bp, first thing tomorrow morning, while your at it also check your protein level in ur urine. Nothing to panic about, just to rule out any issues. Also how long have ur leg, face and hand been swollen.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by avatur: 2:51am On Apr 25, 2012
recruitmnt: ^ do you feel any pain in or around the cervix? Been complaining about this pain and he says it's a normal occurrence in the 3rd trimester. Is this true? (btw, I have a cerclage in)
Nothing more than the usual sciatic nerve thing (the one that results from the pressure from the fetus on a nerve) it affects the lower back, butt and thighs. Its pretty painful ESP when you've been sitting for a while and then stand up. See this link http://m.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/symptoms-and-solutions/sciatica.

afdman: @avatur please go to the hospital and check your bp, first thing tomorrow morning, while your at it also check your protein level in ur urine. Nothing to panic about, just to rule out any issues. Also how long have ur leg, face and hand been swollen.
My bro thank very much. Your story really moved me and has brought plenty of awareness here on NL. May GOd bless u for being such a wonderful & caring husband.

My swollen hands & feet are not nearly as severe as those preecamplsia symptoms, its just the regular swelling seen in pretty much most pregnancies in the 3rd tri. I've been regularly seeing the doc including regular urine & BP tests and by God's grace all is well. Thanks!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pamperme: 2:06pm On Apr 25, 2012
@tessybaby,
Congratulations o! May God keep and protect lil princess tessybaby in Jesus name. Am really happy for u.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 5:15pm On Apr 25, 2012
tessybaby: PRAISE GODDDDDD
WEIGHING 3.8KG
*dancing* yay!!! Congrats to u, God bless ur little one
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by demmykay: 6:23pm On Apr 25, 2012
@tessybaby congratulations

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (6954) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.