Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,385 members, 7,812,134 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8130716 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nellyd(f): 6:57pm On Apr 25, 2012
So sorry about your loss my sister. It will be well with you by God's grace. Did you speak to your doctor about when it would be ideal to start trying again? Thnx my sister. My doc said 1 yr but dats really far. But i'll hv to wait cos its getting to 5 months now. Thnx.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by avatur: 7:27pm On Apr 25, 2012
Nellyd: Thnx my sister. My doc said 1 yr but dats really far. But i'll hv to wait cos its getting to 5 months now. Thnx.
Try to hold on some more months then dear. If you get pregnant again too soon it may put both you and the baby at risk. Give your body some time to heal and strengthen again so that it can be ready when you conceive. I know this is easier said than done, but by the grace of God it shall be well with you and you will be sharing your story of success with us in the near future. Amen.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by recruitmnt: 7:29pm On Apr 25, 2012
avatur: Nothing more than the usual sciatic nerve thing (the one that results from the pressure from the fetus on a nerve) it affects the lower back, butt and thighs. Its pretty painful ESP when you've been sitting for a while and then stand up. See this link http://m.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/symptoms-and-

Thank you, mine is just like that.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 7:56pm On Apr 25, 2012
Hi all,

Lots happening on this thread, sorry i took so long to reply, real busy @ the clinic these days. So here we go.

@demmy how are you doing love? You know you are most fertile the first 3 months after a miscarriage so once you see your period start trying again oooo.
@diamond how are you feeling, has the nausea gone away.
@ dudugirl how are you and little momma doing these days
@sweeteet everything in PH is costly OMG
@Imurboss I also had a low lieing placenta but it moved up, its possible it will move up by g-d grace, only thing with this placemta is that if it does not move you may need a CS, but I am believing that it will move, please don’t try to stress to much ooo
@Nellyd my address is agiboma@gmail.com
@Yinkes safe delivery ooo make sure you come back and tell us the birth story, we love those on this thread
@tessy PRAISE G-D congrats on your beautiful baby, so did the mudnight dane with hubby help to speed up the process
@afrobaby that is very costly, where are you located
@Avatur thanks so much for your kind words, please stay strong about the swollen hands and feet you will be term in 4 weeks
@Recruitment the pain is probably because of the cerclage, but have them check you out to measure the length of the cervix and how the cerclage is holding
@afdman thanks for sharing your story and helping to spread the awaerness, g-d is your strength.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 5:20am On Apr 26, 2012
agiboma: Hi all,

Lots happening on this thread, sorry i took so long to reply, real busy @ the clinic these days. So here we go.

@demmy how are you doing love? You know you are most fertile the first 3 months after a miscarriage so once you see your period start trying again oooo.
@diamond how are you feeling, has the nausea gone away.
@ dudugirl how are you and little momma doing these days reply, we're doing well, she's growing so fast!
@sweeteet everything in PH is costly OMG
@Imurboss I also had a low lieing placenta but it moved up, its possible it will move up by g-d grace, only thing with this placemta is that if it does not move you may need a CS, but I am believing that it will move, please don’t try to stress to much ooo
@Nellyd my address is agiboma@gmail.com
@Yinkes safe delivery ooo make sure you come back and tell us the birth story, we love those on this thread
@tessy PRAISE G-D congrats on your beautiful baby, so did the mudnight dane with hubby help to speed up the process
@afrobaby that is very costly, where are you located
@Avatur thanks so much for your kind words, please stay strong about the swollen hands and feet you will be term in 4 weeks
@Recruitment the pain is probably because of the cerclage, but have them check you out to measure the length of the cervix and how the cerclage is holding
@afdman thanks for sharing your story and helping to spread the awaerness, g-d is your strength.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by afrobaby(f): 12:29pm On Apr 26, 2012
@agiboma, am in Lagos, Surulere. I heard lagos state doctors are even on strike, that means I will have to try a private clinic, which I guess may be more expensive. Please, how do I know if my baby is doing fine(hubby says he knows the baby is fine), I feel more enrgetic these days, except for the fact that I get dehydrated often and also use the rest room so many times, i dont really feel preg again, am 15 weeks + 2 days today. I dont wanna go for scan, dont know why, lol.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 1:29pm On Apr 26, 2012
afrobaby: @agiboma, am in Lagos, Surulere. I heard lagos state doctors are even on strike, that means I will have to try a private clinic, which I guess may be more expensive. Please, how do I know if my baby is doing fine(hubby says he knows the baby is fine), I feel more enrgetic these days, except for the fact that I get dehydrated often and also use the rest room so many times, i dont really feel preg again, am 15 weeks + 2 days today. I dont wanna go for scan, dont know why, lol.

Just go for one scan first so that you know that the baby is developing fine then just continue with your multivites. I am farther along than you but i am yet to start my classes as well though i have done a scan and now have my EDD.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by afrobaby(f): 3:42pm On Apr 26, 2012
blank:

Just go for one scan first so that you know that the baby is developing fine then just continue with your multivites. I am farther along than you but i am yet to start my classes as well though i have done a scan and now have my EDD.
I went for a scan @ 9 weeks, guess I will have to go for another, am sure the baby is doing fine sha by God's grace. Also, my brother who is a medical doctor says I should start early sinceam a first-time-mom to be. Which multivites would you recommend, I only take folic acid? Thank you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Otosdd: 3:53pm On Apr 26, 2012
@tessy. Congrat on ur sweet little baby. I went for another scan 2day nd they say d placental position is anterior low lying nd dat i need 2 carry out another scan when am 36wks. Is there anytin dat i need 2 do or take 2 make d placenta move upwards?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 4:41pm On Apr 26, 2012
@otosdd,i'm in the same boat with u,i was told the same thing i.e to do another scan by 36wks to see if it will move up,i'm just believing God for a miracle
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 5:03pm On Apr 26, 2012
afrobaby:
I went for a scan @ 9 weeks, guess I will have to go for another, am sure the baby is doing fine sha by God's grace. Also, my brother who is a medical doctor says I should start early sinceam a first-time-mom to be. Which multivites would you recommend, I only take folic acid? Thank you

I presently use pregnacare, omega 3,6,9 and still take 400mg folic acid. From my first pregnancy, i noticed that the more folic acid i took the better my skin and hair looked. I asked my doctor and he said 400mg is a minimum amount and 800mg is still very good.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mogbomoya: 5:39pm On Apr 26, 2012
I have a confession!

I have not been taking my vitamins oh. But I eat well. All least 4 servings of fresh fruits and green vegetables everyday. I take skimmed milk for the calcium.

Baby is doing well so far. I just can't stand the drugs.

Are night mares normal?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ib(f): 6:56pm On Apr 26, 2012
@ mogbomoya....nightmares are perfectly normal. I had the most ridiculous nightmares from hanging out with aliens to having sex with Rick Ross...lol. My husband marvelled at some of the nightmares i relayed to him, they were so random and spooky. Just last week i had a dream that my mucus plug came out in form of an 8-legged slimy creature urgghh!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Otosdd: 6:59pm On Apr 26, 2012
@imurboss. Dont worry God will see us through i believe God wil do a miracle for us b4 our next scan ijn. Amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 8:05pm On Apr 26, 2012
@imurboss and otsdd, g-d will see you throught he is ever faithful
@mogobomoya glad to hear from you and yes the neighmares are very normal its all those hormones going crazy during pregnancy
@afrobaby scan again to see how the baby is progressing its good to do so.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by avatur: 9:16pm On Apr 26, 2012
recruitmnt: Thank you, mine is just like that.
Yeah its pretty normal and expected as it turns out. The weight of all that goodness in ur tummy will surely have an effect smiley. I find it worst when I sit on the couch and lie a bit to the side, I can barely walk when I get up after that, so painful.

@Agiboma, thanks snr sister! you're really a godsend for all the good work and encouragement you give on this thread. Pls give us brief updates on how things are at the clinic anytime smiley.

mogbomoya: I have a confession!

I have not been taking my vitamins oh. But I eat well. All least 4 servings of fresh fruits and green vegetables everyday. I take skimmed milk for the calcium.

Baby is doing well so far. I just can't stand the drugs.
Lol. I feel you sister. I have tried to be religious in taking the pills, I hate them too but I keep reminding myself that its not for me wink. The vitamins are a sure-fire way to ensure you're not missing anything. I do forget tho and miss a day here n there.

Are night mares normal?
Lol. As others have said, very normal. I've lost count. Even my husband self has had a couple weird ones. The last one he had, we all wanted to see the baby so bad so we simply opened my stomach (like a door) and took the baby out, then put it back in when we were done! cheesy freaky stuff.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 1:52am On Apr 27, 2012
@Avatur, things are great today we saw a woman she had high bp prior to pregnancy, she should have been 9 weeks pregnant but the baby died in her womb, so she was having a miscarriage. What I am going to say now may sound mean, but she already has a few kids and I think that should console her. The medications she is on is not working to control the bp as it is still very very high. When the sonographer told me the baby was dead i thought to myself this is the best thing that could have happen to this woman please dont get me wrong. The last woman i know that had hypertension prior to pregnancy was going into heart failure at 12 weeks gestation she manage to hold on till 28 weeks when they finally delivered her little girl. This woman was taking 64 pills a day to stay alive and prevent her heart from shutting down. Now she was in the UK so that is why her and baby are alive today. But i am afraid this is not available in Nigeria. For this woman i dont think she should chance it again just enjoy the 4 lovely kids she already has. This blood pressure and pregnancy is a serious thing and people just dont take it as such and they really should. For me its a topic that is all to personal and close to my heart. wink. What would you tell this woman? Do you think my assumptions are to harsh?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mogbomoya: 7:29am On Apr 27, 2012
thank you all for ur response. I feel much better knowing almost all has nightmares.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cuteruth(f): 8:13am On Apr 27, 2012
Gudmorning, pls what can I do to stop dis constant Headache. My Head aches seriously, I am in my 20th week now, went for antenatal on tuesday n wen I complained to the doctor he gave me 3 tablets of Malaria drugs n told me to use it at once and some paracetamols, I used them bt I am not relieved yet, Pls What can I do?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 8:43am On Apr 27, 2012
cuteruth: Gudmorning, pls what can I do to stop dis constant Headache. My Head aches seriously, I am in my 20th week now, went for antenatal on tuesday n wen I complained to the doctor he gave me 3 tablets of Malaria drugs n told me to use it at once and some paracetamols, I used them bt I am not relieved yet, Pls What can I do?

I also suffered for sever headaches from 12 weeks to 20 weeks i mean they where so bad i thought i was having a stroke and so did my doctor. Did they check your bp and urine. Please let me know so i can further advise. Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cuteruth(f): 9:27am On Apr 27, 2012
@agiboma, thanks for the response, they checked and said it was normal. Because I was seriously crying due to the aches dis morning, my husband had to take me back to the hospital . The doctor checked me again n said it was Malaria in which he said he gave me Fansidar and Paracetamol for on tuesday. D Issue now is dat the Doctor gave me Artesunat, Piriton because I complained of Scratching my body and Paracetamol. Are these drugs good for a pregnant Woman. Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bolseas(f): 9:43am On Apr 27, 2012
Hello Agiboma,

Thank you for creatng this thread. I have been following this thread for some time and have read from pages 0-15.
all this while i nevere knew that i am pregnant. i went for confirmatiion yesterday and got a POSITIVE. EDD is in December 2012 by God's Grace.

My husband is not with me here in Abuja, he is in Lagos. Using the Kathyekiti thread, i used it to calculate my ovulation period and fixed my leave for that period. so here i am with a little one inside me. I read somewhere that even if one make love during one's ovulation, one may not get pregnant. i used prayers to support mine and God is faithful to me.

God bless those of you who shared their stories for others to learn from and the creators of these threads.

I hope to continue to follow the thread and ask a few questions like when to start going for antenatal, what vitamins to be taking (i have been taking folic acid since Nov 2011....been TTC for about 10months), what to eat and what not to eat.

very warm regards.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ib(f): 2:52pm On Apr 27, 2012
Ladies, do you think being pregnant in naija is harder than being abroad? Ive observed that more ladies complain of headaches, extreme nausea, high bp and other ailments. Is that the case or am i being silly. I know that woman abroad go thru difficulties in pregnancies...im not naive but it seems that in naija, its even more stressful.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by recruitmnt: 3:31pm On Apr 27, 2012
Ib: Ladies, do you think being pregnant in naija is harder than being abroad? Ive observed that more ladies complain of headaches, extreme nausea, high bp and other ailments. Is that the case or am i being silly. I know that woman abroad go thru difficulties in pregnancies...im not naive but it seems that in naija, its even more stressful.

It depends, I was in the UK during my last pregnancy, am in Nigeria now and being in Nigeria is way better for me because I have lots of support from family. The medical care abroad is incomparable but with money in Nigeria, you can get very good medical care.

So about the extreme nausea, headaches, etc, it was worse for me abroad.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by biddiebest: 5:09pm On Apr 27, 2012
@ Tessybaby, congrats on ur delivery, God bless ur home...

@Aigboma, my EDD is July ooooooooooooo, i no want extra days, thank God i feel a bit better now in my 3rd trimester
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by avatur: 5:11pm On Apr 27, 2012
agiboma: @Avatur, things are great today we saw a woman she had high bp prior to pregnancy, she should have been 9 weeks pregnant but the baby died in her womb, so she was having a miscarriage. What I am going to say now may sound mean, but she already has a few kids and I think that should console her. The medications she is on is not working to control the bp as it is still very very high. When the sonographer told me the baby was dead i thought to myself this is the best thing that could have happen to this woman please dont get me wrong. The last woman i know that had hypertension prior to pregnancy was going into heart failure at 12 weeks gestation she manage to hold on till 28 weeks when they finally delivered her little girl. This woman was taking 64 pills a day to stay alive and prevent her heart from shutting down. Now she was in the UK so that is why her and baby are alive today. But i am afraid this is not available in Nigeria. For this woman i dont think she should chance it again just enjoy the 4 lovely kids she already has. This blood pressure and pregnancy is a serious thing and people just dont take it as such and they really should. For me its a topic that is all to personal and close to my heart. wink. What would you tell this woman? Do you think my assumptions are to harsh?
Honestly, I don't think I could do/say any better than you have. You're definitely right her pain will not be as strong as someone who doesn't have any kids, but I bet it'll hurt just as much sad at least I think that's how I'd feel. But as it was a threat to her health in the big picture it seems 'better' that the baby passed. 4 kids is already an incredible blessing no question. After I'm done with #3 by God's grace, my husband & I plan to adopt our last child. So many children already in the world that need parents.

Keep up the good work sister and I mean it, pls give us regular updates/stories so we can all learn and possibly use to teach others. Godbless!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by avatur: 5:27pm On Apr 27, 2012
cuteruth: Gudmorning, pls what can I do to stop dis constant Headache. My Head aches seriously, I am in my 20th week now, went for antenatal on tuesday n wen I complained to the doctor he gave me 3 tablets of Malaria drugs n told me to use it at once and some paracetamols, I used them bt I am not relieved yet, Pls What can I do?
I also suffered terrible migraines for about 2 months (btw months 4-6.5). My doctor told me to expect them as it was common during the 2nd tri so I was prepared. I was prescribed tylenol PM but I refused to take any (I'm just adverse to taking any pills unless I absolutely have to).

I found relief by wrapping my head in ice using a towel and lying down, sometimes cutting out all noise and light. It was temporary but enough to relive the pain. I hope you feel better!

Ib: Ladies, do you think being pregnant in naija is harder than being abroad? Ive observed that more ladies complain of headaches, extreme nausea, high bp and other ailments. Is that the case or am i being silly. I know that woman abroad go thru difficulties in pregnancies...im not naive but it seems that in naija, its even more stressful.
Its subjective I think. Just simply due to the incredible medical facilities and care available abroad, pregnancy is bound to be better cared for for most women. Naija is full of stress. lol. No power, no peace, no quiet, traffic etc etc more stress makes for a more difficult pregnancy.

I spent months 3-4 of my pregnancy in africa, the last 2 weeks of it in Nigeria and while it was fun, I could see how it would've been a whole lot more difficult especially if one has difficulties/complications with the pregnancy. I was suffering from severe MS when I travelled - threw up the entire flight, the flight attendants felt so sorry for me lol. But once I landed in Africa, the warm air, the smiling faces, the beautiful peaceful serene beaches, the delicious food... while I was still constantly sick, I definitely benefitted from the change in environment. I think all pregnant women should be flown to a private island to simply relax in a peaceful environment while being taken care of by their partners cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by avatur: 5:34pm On Apr 27, 2012
bolseas: Hello Agiboma,

Thank you for creatng this thread. I have been following this thread for some time and have read from pages 0-15.
all this while i nevere knew that i am pregnant. i went for confirmatiion yesterday and got a POSITIVE. EDD is in December 2012 by God's Grace.

My husband is not with me here in Abuja, he is in Lagos. Using the Kathyekiti thread, i used it to calculate my ovulation period and fixed my leave for that period. so here i am with a little one inside me. I read somewhere that even if one make love during one's ovulation, one may not get pregnant. i used prayers to support mine and God is faithful to me.

God bless those of you who shared their stories for others to learn from and the creators of these threads.

I hope to continue to follow the thread and ask a few questions like when to start going for antenatal, what vitamins to be taking (i have been taking folic acid since Nov 2011....been TTC for about 10months), what to eat and what not to eat.

very warm regards.
Congratulations sister! and welcome to the club lol. I pray you have a smooth and successful pregnancy. Amen! I started taking pre-natal vitamins (the generic ones with a whole list of vitamins including folic) from about week 5 once I found out I was carrying and started routine doctor visits from week 12. Here (boston) visits were once a month (as long as there was no problem/complication) until the 3rd trimester then its every 2weeks and then weekly as the due date approaches.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bolseas(f): 7:38pm On Apr 27, 2012
Thank you avatur for your response. I will tke note.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cuteruth(f): 10:30pm On Apr 27, 2012
@ avatur, thanks for d response. Think I will start plaiting Didi so dat I can be pouring cold water on it. Dis Pregnancy journey no easy ooo, May we all deliver Safely. Gudnite

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by camrygmail: 10:45pm On Apr 27, 2012
hello all..

I have been busy with work (while taking it easy) since work folks are not aware of my present state.

For those having headaches (luckly i have not had any) my sister had them during her preg. and her Dr adviced her take a half a can of cocacola before trying any other meds (something about the gas in it helps to relive the headaches) it worked for her.

Also I have not had very few episodes of nausea since monday. someone told me about eating ginger and it worked well for keeping the nausea away. so i snack on ginger cookies (low sugar ones) and drink ginger tea when i feel nausea coming on.

@agiboma... i support your position on the case of the woman with the high BP. it will be sad for her to risk having another baby and the expense of the other 4 being motherless.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hamzashaf99(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.