Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,027 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8130519 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by EfemenaXY: 6:09pm On Apr 19, 2012
^^ Thanks blank.

So asides the tummy exercises at 3months + did you do any other form of exercise before then?

And how long did it take for you to fully recover from your C-Section? 9 weeks on and I still a twinge on part of the scar. It's healing nicely, but I feel I'm not "there" yet - if you know what I mean..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tessybaby(f): 6:33pm On Apr 19, 2012
40 weeks plus and still no labour
baby is almost 4kg now and am scared
of having tears again.
my first pregnancy i was induced but this time
my doc has said no induction
so we have to wait for natural contractions
i still have contractions dat coome like brxton hicks but
slightly painful
at times 10 minutes or 5 minutes apart
but it does not grow in intensity\
is there anything i can do art home to get labour starting?
i can`t wait
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 7:39pm On Apr 19, 2012
@ tessy well my only sugestion to help speed up the process would be to get hubby in a nice mood and try to go a few rounds cheesy cheesy, they say that works, but ive never tried it personally.
@dudugirl we love you too mommy wink
@efemena well tbh it took me over 6 months to recover OMG i walked hunched over for almost a month, the pain was something else, the feelings in my tummy just recently came back, befor i could not feel anything even when i was bathing and washing my tummy i would not feel the sensation. Doc said it takes the nerves time to recover after the surgery. I would avoid swimming, the risk of infection is to great. I think what you are curretnyl doing taking walks etc. is the right thing to do.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by EfemenaXY: 8:55pm On Apr 19, 2012
tessybaby: 40 weeks plus and still no labour
baby is almost 4kg now and am scared
of having tears again.
my first pregnancy i was induced but this time
my doc has said no induction
so we have to wait for natural contractions
i still have contractions dat coome like brxton hicks but
slightly painful
at times 10 minutes or 5 minutes apart
but it does not grow in intensity\
is there anything i can do art home to get labour starting?
i can`t wait

@tessybaby, Agiboma is definitely right with her suggestion. One of my sons was 41weeks + 5 days. The midwife's had suggested that I should consider either having a very spicy meal or getting "naughty" with hubby. Well, I chose the latter suggestion and guess what? Labour pains started a few hours later smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by EfemenaXY: 9:04pm On Apr 19, 2012
agiboma: @ tessy well my only sugestion to help speed up the process would be to get hubby in a nice mood and try to go a few rounds cheesy cheesy, they say that works, but ive never tried it personally.
@efemena well tbh it took me over 6 months to recover OMG i walked hunched over for almost a month, the pain was something else, the feelings in my tummy just recently came back, befor i could not feel anything even when i was bathing and washing my tummy i would not feel the sensation. Doc said it takes the nerves time to recover after the surgery. I would avoid swimming, the risk of infection is to great. I think what you are curretnyl doing taking walks etc. is the right thing to do.

Thanks Agiboma. Reading your post really does make me feel so much better! smiley

You know, just listening to both my sister and sister-in-law tell me that they were up & about doing their thing less than a week later didn't do much for my confidence...

Thanks for sharing, now I don't feel so freakily odd anymore cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tessybaby(f): 9:19pm On Apr 19, 2012
tanx girls
hubby is sleeping now
but am waking him up right now for the biz
lol
goodnite

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 11:01pm On Apr 19, 2012
tessybaby: tanx girls
hubby is sleeping now
but am waking him up right now for the biz
lol
goodnite
lol i cant wait to hear about the results grin grin grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 11:03pm On Apr 19, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Thanks Agiboma. Reading your post really does make me feel so much better! smiley

You know, just listening to both my sister and sister-in-law tell me that they were up & about doing their thing less than a week later didn't do much for my confidence...

Thanks for sharing, now I don't feel so freakily odd anymore cheesy

You know c-section they cut through 7 different muscles, OMG its classified as major surgery please dont push yourself ooo. Take it easy and recover well form this thing. Ignore the one's that pretend to be super woman wink
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 1:57am On Apr 20, 2012
I still feel very weak and a bit of nausea bt nt throwin anyth out, ow long am I gon cont lyk dis?
I can feel I hav lost sm pounds bt d people arnd me c as if I am even growin bigger
Sobs
I jst want myself back
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 2:04am On Apr 20, 2012
@ diamond, how many weeks are you, usually this nausea lets up @ the end of first trimester, but some woman i am afraid to say suffer this the entier pregnancy. But stay strong, motherhood is worth it in the end!!!! smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 2:17am On Apr 20, 2012
Funnily I don't know bt I think I shld b in my 9th week or so, I feel so uncormfy dat I don't even know my week
Sobs out loud
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jumie62(f): 9:06am On Apr 20, 2012
Hi A̶̲̥̅̊ll;ild like †̥o subscribe, I'm 29weeks pregnant; noo complications and this is my first baby, iv heard loads of scary stuffs from friends but I'm holding on to God,i should be due by God's grace in july; May God see us thru

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweettweet: 9:19am On Apr 20, 2012
agiboma: @ tessy well my only sugestion to help speed up the process would be to get hubby in a nice mood and try to go a few rounds cheesy cheesy, they say that works, but ive never tried it personally.
@tessy,
i had a similar xprience with my first pregnancy, and in addition to what agiboma said, walk around more often and dance, dance, dance!!!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 10:02am On Apr 20, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ Thanks blank.

So asides the tummy exercises at 3months + did you do any other form of exercise before then?

And how long did it take for you to fully recover from your C-Section? 9 weeks on and I still a twinge on part of the scar. It's healing nicely, but I feel I'm not "there" yet - if you know what I mean..

I have not done any exercises till now! I keep postponing it and now its kinda late. This is 14 months after the surgery and the scar still hurts a bit. I don't let anyone touch it cos it hurts in a funny way.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 10:30am On Apr 20, 2012
Hi all,please i don't know what could be wrong now,i've been feeling feverish since yesterday:pains & weakness all over by body,been sneezing all over the place,i feel cold i don't know if it's the weather or not,can't even eat.I'm at work now,planning to go see the doc after closing if it continues.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by osikhueme(f): 11:50am On Apr 20, 2012
Please guys hw dyu deal with gas in babies n wat nigerian foods should I cut down in my diet. I have been taking a lot of beans lately n a lot of milk in my pap n I wanna cut down on these cos I suspect dis r d culprits. My baby's been quite fussy of late n I'm beginning to narrow it down 2 gas. I started giving him gripe water 2days ago n dis has bin accompanied by loud burps
I burp him @ least 2ce at every feeding, is there also anything else I can do 2 reduce d gas n make him more comfy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by uwani(f): 11:55am On Apr 20, 2012
Diamondlove it's not easy but dont worry it will soon be over, I started feeling better in my 13th week. I'm presently in my 16th week and am back to my old self, I now eat well (graduated from eba and okra), feel stronger, and ave resumed apply make-up to work (lol), dont worry dear it will soon be over.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 10:31pm On Apr 20, 2012
@jumie Welcome and congrats on your pregnancy
@blank to an extent my scar still hurts when i touch it also, like when i lift up my fat to look at it shocked shocked shocked
@imurboss please go to your doc, what you posted has me concerned, make sure they give you a full look over and check on baby also.
@osikheume you are doing all the right things and i cant make any other suggestion as you have done all the thigs i would suggest t this age babies are just naturally gassy, my son was like this for a few months the thing is that they dont really know how to pass the gas so thats part of the reason it builds up in them and they are so cranky, your LO will outgrow this in time
@uwani woww how time flies OMG, yes they say the 2nd tri is the honeymoon period and that is the best part of pregnancy. so enjoy mommy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 10:31pm On Apr 20, 2012
@demmy how are you love i still think about you?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by camrygmail: 11:20pm On Apr 20, 2012
So nausea started for me this week, my dh thinks I asked for it because when ever he asked how am feeling, my response was always " no symptoms" lol
The nausea is all day and then I feel cold and hot tru out the night. I have found that I have to have something in my mouth always to help with the nausea, like gum, ice block, lemon sweets. I avoid milk and dairy products.

We are looking forward to first Ultrasound in about 11 days .

@ all when is a good time to tell your boss. My boss and I are very close , we have a good rapportand some stuff together outside of work sef. I plan to tell her as a friend not boss. So she will not be allowed to tell the company until I am ready to tell company. So when should I tell.?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by EfemenaXY: 4:24am On Apr 21, 2012
camrygmail: So nausea started for me this week, my dh thinks I asked for it because when ever he asked how am feeling, my response was always " no symptoms" lol
The nausea is all day and then I feel cold and hot tru out the night. I have found that I have to have something in my mouth always to help with the nausea, like gum, ice block, lemon sweets. I avoid milk and dairy products.

We are looking forward to first Ultrasound in about 11 days .

@ all when is a good time to tell your boss. My boss and I are very close , we have a good rapportand some stuff together outside of work sef. I plan to tell her as a friend not boss. So she will not be allowed to tell the company until I am ready to tell company. So when should I tell.?

Hi Camrygmail, I think it depends on where you're based and your company's policy on maternity.

I'm based in the UK and my company's policy is you need to tell your boss from the 12th week. This is to ensure your boss can start making arrangements for adequate temporary coverage of your role, for the period you'll be on maternity leave. Might be worth your while to confirm with your HR department. Also, make sure you're given all the information pertaining to the available maternity benefits you might be entitled to such as: paid time off to attend antenatel appointments, how soon you would be able to go on maternity leave, how long/ the duration of your maternity leave you are entitled to and any other benefits you are eligible for.

Additionally, be sure to speak with your boss regarding heath & safety during pregnancy. This would involve your company carrying out a Risk Assessment of your work conditions such as reviewing the number of hours you work in a day, how stressful your role is, if your job entails heavy lifting, if your work station is comfortable, how noisy your work environment is, etc...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by demmykay: 10:14am On Apr 21, 2012
@ agiboma tanks for caring. I had an evacuation on wednesday nd hav been sad losing d preg. Still hopin on God for a lastin joy. @ all wishin u safe nd sound delivery. Still wit u on dis forum
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Afamdman(m): 10:21am On Apr 21, 2012
My pre-eclampsia story, I will tell from the man's point of view. We got preg in sept baby dancing (bd) after her birthday. Shortly after she felt sick, went to the hospital, and got treated for malaria, we didn't know she was preg at the time. Shortly after she informed me she didn't see her period. I asked her to go do a test which came out +ve. @ the time we were not married. So immediately started wedding preparations, 1st trimester went quickly without any morning sickness just always feeling sleepy, well unlucky for me I wasn't around to experience that period. Now wedding over in december fast forward to january 3 we started antenatal and the normal drugs were prescribed and given ( at the time I wasn't too involved, didn't think I was needed) guy pls be very involved. Then she started work it was tough at first and she was happy when the strike started so she could get some rest. Strike got called off then the nightmare started.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Afamdman(m): 11:05am On Apr 21, 2012
My pre-eclampsia story 2
Her leg started swelling, she would come back from work and the leg would be swollen and painful. Now as a naïve man I know that preg women leg does swell, but I thot it was too early for that which she told me she had a history of leg swelling which turned her to exercising, when she was still single. So she told me massaging would help to ease the swelling and take the water back into the system, which I did. In my mind I said na me put am there so must work. so I asked mum and she said she should put her leg up when she sleeps in the night which corresponded with what my dear wife told me, so that was my work for nights to come massage and prop up her feet. Sex was out the window for me let's say phobia, low libido or whatever just wasn't so interested see me running from sex, haaa na me be this few times I'll give in to wifey's demand especially when she says doctors orders. Anyway back to the story please be patient its long, but during my trial times I searched for stories like this but only found sketchy stuff. On the 27th jan wifey decided to go to the hospital to see if the doctors would say anything different. Getting there her bp was checked it was high wasn't there so I don't know how high (men you have to be on ground so you know the facts of your case) preg time check so far was 19weeks so the doctor gave her aldomet (don't know how many grams but 2tablets though) and she was asked to report back to the hospital the next day. Which she did. They took some blood to run some test and asked her to come back the next day. The next day doctor told her she was fine and her bp had come down, but nothing was said on the leg swelling. Watch out for part 3 when the real nightmare started.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nekkyrules: 11:43am On Apr 21, 2012
Mothers and preggies in the house, please for those that gave birth in the general hospital, what was your experience like? And those that put to bed in the private hospital, equally share your experience. I feel in the general hospital, the crowd there will be much and one will have so many people and other mothers to talk with, unlike the private hospital.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by afdman: 12:15pm On Apr 21, 2012
Modereator, please look at my post and unban me ohhh. Its a very important stuff am talking about. My pre-eclampsia story. My Id is afamdman

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by yinkes(f): 3:44pm On Apr 21, 2012
Does sweeping of membrane and sex help induce labour? my doc swept my membrane and says it could trigger labour within 48 hrs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Otosdd: 4:06pm On Apr 21, 2012
@ agiboma tank u for dis work u start i have leant a lot going through this tread, anytime i am here i am aways encourage. I am in my 30wks 2 day thou no complication just sailing through nd enjoying my pregnacy nd God has been so good 2 me since i started this journey nd pray for him 2 see me through this journey ,my due date is by d end of june. @ diamond dont worry u will soon pass dat stage just enjoy it, wen u get 2 ur second trimester everytin wil be fine. Nd to these dat have delievered God wil continue 2 guide u nd ur baby in jesus name. Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by recruitmnt: 4:33pm On Apr 21, 2012
^ we are pregnancy buddies, 30 weeks aswell. EDD- end of June aswell, but mine has been a real journey. I know my God will see me through to the end too smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 8:35pm On Apr 21, 2012
I'm so sorry about that, may God replenish you, it is well
demmykay: @ agiboma tanks for caring. I had an evacuation on wednesday nd hav been sad losing d preg. Still hopin on God for a lastin joy. @ all wishin u safe nd sound delivery. Still wit u on dis forum

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.