Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8125789 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by camrygmail: 10:50pm On Apr 27, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Hi Camrygmail, I think it depends on where you're based and your company's policy on maternity.

I'm based in the UK and my company's policy is you need to tell your boss from the 12th week. This is to ensure your boss can start making arrangements for adequate temporary coverage of your role, for the period you'll be on maternity leave. Might be worth your while to confirm with your HR department. Also, make sure you're given all the information pertaining to the available maternity benefits you might be entitled to such as: paid time off to attend antenatel appointments, how soon you would be able to go on maternity leave, how long/ the duration of your maternity leave you are entitled to and any other benefits you are eligible for.

Additionally, be sure to speak with your boss regarding heath & safety during pregnancy. This would involve your company carrying out a Risk Assessment of your work conditions such as reviewing the number of hours you work in a day, how stressful your role is, if your job entails heavy lifting, if your work station is comfortable, how noisy your work environment is, etc...

Thank you for your response. i am planning to tell my boss next week as a friend and then tell my HR at 12wks. My company really does not have any policy set in stone. i kinda work with older folks. so the last person that got preg as an employee of the company was 10 yrs ago and I asked last year for a maternity leave policy and i was told it depends on my managers discretion. lol. i quickly signed up for an outside short term disability plan. i am sure they will take care of me and as soon as i tell them they will start dusting off the employee manual or atleast revisit the section on maternity leave. lol.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 12:51am On Apr 28, 2012
@cuteruth I am not sure about those drugs they could have different names where i am from so im not familiar, but the paracetamol is ok the other one im not sure
@bolseas congrats on the pregnancy and welcome
@IB i think its hard everywhere oo, only differnce is the quality of care and availability of good equipment and medical facilities.
@Camery when i had ginger shocked shocked shocked i thought i was gonna meet my maker omg it burn my throat so bad, i guess different strokes for different folks, im glad it works for you though.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 8:09pm On Apr 28, 2012
Oh God
Dese past days were terrible 4 me
Took injection and it affected my leg, still throwin up, cldnt eat, drink nor do anyth, 2 worsen d case, I cldnt walk, well I woke up on d hospital bed, dey said I passed out, thnk God, I feel beta now
14th week countin and I am still weak
God I nid strength

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 8:40pm On Apr 28, 2012
diamondlove: Oh God
Dese past days were terrible 4 me
Took injection and it affected my leg, still throwin up, cldnt eat, drink nor do anyth, 2 worsen d case, I cldnt walk, well I woke up on d hospital bed, dey said I passed out, thnk God, I feel beta now
14th week countin and I am still weak
God I nid strength

Ohh my goodness, my heart really goes out to you diamond stay strong my sister, i will pray and meditate for you wink wink
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 5:41am On Apr 29, 2012
Vomitin hasn't stopped
Everyth I take in, I throw out
Sobs
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Luvlee(f): 6:52am On Apr 29, 2012
Oh diamondlove my hrt goes out to u. Am prayin for u ok $ keep prayin too, pls hang in there ok it's gonna get better. Wat do I need for labour? I mean wat do I need packed in my bag? Pls I need answers, thank u.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by uwani(f): 7:52am On Apr 29, 2012
@diamondlove, try and hold on dear it will soon be over.
@Agiboma and all, i sort of noticed last week that i have black hairs all over my stomach, while googling i found out it's due to an increase in the level of testosterone in the body which is also an indication that i might be expecting a boy. Pls is there anyone that experienced such and had a girl? I and dh really want our first child to be a girl,but at the same time we dont mind having a boy.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 8:44am On Apr 29, 2012
uwani: @diamondlove, try and hold on dear it will soon be over.
@Agiboma and all, i sort of noticed last week that i have black hairs all over my stomach, while googling i found out it's due to an increase in the level of testosterone in the body which is also an indication that i might be expecting a boy. Pls is there anyone that experienced such and had a girl? I and dh really want our first child to be a girl,but at the same time we dont mind having a boy.

I also had the same thing happen to me and I got a beautiful boy to show for it, but I think its a folklore, also the hairs never went away shocked shocked, so im always shaving
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jumie62(f): 9:06am On Apr 29, 2012
kissTo all those who av lost deir babies,God is your strength; it is well with us A̶̲̥̅̊ll‎​A̶̲̥̅♍ε̲̣̣̣̥n!.

Pls agiboma and A̶̲̥̅̊ll, I'm in my 30week expecting my first baby and †ђe docor told M̶̲̥̅ε̲ that i should D̶̲̥̅̊o a pelvix examination test, pls ΨђåƮ does it entail and how i̶̲̥̅̊s †he process like and i̶̲̥̅̊s Iτ̅ compulsory to do Iτ̅

God bless

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 9:53pm On Apr 29, 2012
Sobs
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 10:46pm On Apr 29, 2012
@JUmie what pelvic test did he ask you to do is it an abdominal pelvic exam or ultrasound? If its ultrasound that's normal to see how the baby is developing.
@diamond stay strong, i hope this nausea and vomitting passes soon ((hugs))
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nellyd(f): 1:42am On Apr 30, 2012
avatur: Try to hold on some more months then dear. If you get pregnant again too soon it may put both you and the baby at risk. Give your body some time to heal and strengthen again so that it can be ready when you conceive. I know this is easier said than done, but by the grace of God it shall be well with you and you will be sharing your story of success with us in the near future. Amen.
Amen and amen. Thanks and God bless u.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 11:40am On Apr 30, 2012
Hi all, haven't been here in a while, how are we all doing? I've had my hands full, a lot of vigils beside my little Madam, @ diamondlove, I'm so sorry you're expereriencng a tough time, the lord is your strength, the result will be worth it when you hold your little one in you hands, pls be strong ooo!!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 12:15pm On Apr 30, 2012
thnx a whole lot peeps
well, dis mornin seems different
actually at work, i almost finished my rice and a bottle of coke *so unlyk me in d past few weeks*
chewin bitter kola * i think dat reduced d nausea *
13th week and few days, i am almost there
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by EfemenaXY: 12:24pm On Apr 30, 2012
^^ Bitter Kola. Is that advisable to take during the first trimester of pregnancy?? esp. as it's a stimulant...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 12:29pm On Apr 30, 2012
*spits it out*

erm, u mean its not advice-able?
haaaa
wat else shld i take biko?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 2:32pm On Apr 30, 2012
neither is coke cos of the caffeine.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 2:39pm On Apr 30, 2012
but i cant take in anything without throwing out
so wat can i be chewing to make me feel less nausea so the food can stay?
i can feel my baby is not eating well cos i cant eat
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pamperme: 7:38pm On Apr 30, 2012
@ diamondlove.
U can just put the tip of ur tongue in alum (don't know d correct spelling but it's usually put in water to make it drinkable). My partner used it during the first trimester. Stops d vomiting I guess!
So sorry u r going thro this wahala! The Lord is ur strength!

@topic
My partner is 39weeks plus 1day today, she said she is tired! Seems it won't end. She is only having mentrual cramps for now. Op d baby comes soon, coz I really pity her too!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 1:44am On May 01, 2012
@pamperme i will add you to the front, safe delivery to your partner
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pamperme: 4:41am On May 01, 2012
@agiboma, thanks. She is due on May 6th.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by avatur: 5:18pm On May 02, 2012
Diamondlove,
hope you're feeling better. I was told coke and other carbonated drinks are fine - in moderation. Pregnant women are adivsed to limit their intake of caffeine not stop outright. The last time I had coke was @2.5mths (I was trying any and everything to see what would help then), it had the opposite effect and aggravated my suffering, took more than 2 days for it to go thru my system. lol. Since then I've been scared of it lol.

Bitter kola....hmm, didn't know that @Efemena. Because the fetus is much more vulnerable during the 1st tri if one is not sure about the effect of something its better to simply leave it out.

@all,
anybody have any remedies they use to help manage itching all over the body? any creams or lotions or drinks or ___?? It usually comes at night, couple times a week and is a nuisance. Thanks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by recruitmnt: 5:56pm On May 02, 2012
^^ if its itching on your bump due to the stretching of the belly, then I heard lots of moisturizing usually helps. Heard 'Ori' ( don't know the name in English ) is effective. I don't know about itching all over the body tho..

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 6:20pm On May 02, 2012
Thnks AVATUR
As at 2day, I made up my mind dat I won't tk any carbonated drink nor bitter kola
I am so pissed and bn cryin all day, I can't even tk water, all I throw out is yellowish substance, I am simply fed up
*cryin*
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bolseas(f): 7:04pm On May 02, 2012
I think it is called Shea butter.
I bought some,heard it prevent
one from having stretch marks on the bump.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 8:11pm On May 02, 2012
I cant stop scratching even in the office! People look at me strange like i am ill mannered or something. This is just too sad. I can already see the stretch marks forming where i scratched. The ori is not helping at all.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by EfemenaXY: 12:25am On May 03, 2012
^^ @Blank, where exactly do you itch?

Do you itch on the scar line of your C-section? Funny if so, because I & another mum who had a c-section a few weeks before me mentioned it as we both swapped stories about our experiences...

I (we) do get that too but I find that it helps if you apply some moisturizing cream to the area and rub gently.

I think, hair growing back on that area (after it had been scrapped off prior to the operation) might be the reason behind the itching..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by EfemenaXY: 6:54am On May 03, 2012
diamondlove: Thnks AVATUR
As at 2day, I made up my mind dat I won't tk any carbonated drink nor bitter kola
I am so pissed and bn cryin all day, I can't even tk water, all I throw out is yellowish substance, I am simply fed up
*cryin*

You poor darling! Although I never had it this bad with any of my pregnancies, I did feel a little bit of nausea during the first couple of weeks for my first pregnancy.

Couldn't stand the smell of anything greasy or oily. I think the closest I've ever come, compared to the way you're feeling right now, was when I used to have malaria (constantly) back in the days. Could never hold anything down & it got to the point where I'd throw up the yellow stuff (bile) you just described.

Why don't you try having some Akamu (pap) with some sugar and NO milk? You could also try having hot pepper soup with dried fish? Ask your mumsie to make some for you. It worked a treat for me.

Hope this helps...

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyju(f): 7:18am On May 03, 2012
I did a pregnancy test yesterday and it showed positive. I'm 4 or 5 weeks gone. I did ultrasound that showed that I have cyst also. I'm so scared. I was asked to come back 2 weeks time but I want to see another gynachologist today to see what he will also say.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by afrobaby(f): 9:03am On May 03, 2012
diamondlove:
*cryin*

I remember my mother-in-law gave me bitter kola while I was still in d first trimester, I collected it and even thanked her, but because of the miscarriage I had before, I have been very careful in taking naything not prescribed by my brother(who is a doctor), dont mind me, dont wanna experience it again, I didnt take the bitter kola, though I didnt ask my brother, it was my husband that even advised that I shouldn't take it unless I ask my brother.

Darling, just hold on a bit, once u get to second trimester, everything will b story IJN, am in my second trimester now, and I can say vividly that I can far better. U can hardly notice I av a LO in me except for my bump that is coming up. My 1st tri was terrible, I vomit almost everyday in the office, and every night. It is just for a while and it will end soon dear.

@blank, I did my Scan on saturday and to God be the glory. LO was even dancing for us. Very active baby, guess he/she is going to take after my dancing skills. Pls try add more 'ori', it will go, sorry

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oknee: 9:41am On May 03, 2012
I am tired of being pregnant. Due date wz 29th and up till nw, there s no contraction. Why, why, why. Induction is so painful, wouldnt want to go through such pain again. This is my 3rd preg and it wz only in d first dt contraction started normally after a day past d EDD. End preg wz induced and nw this one wil most likely go d same way. My sis said maybe d first child probably left some lolipop inside d tommy dt makes d others refuse coming out on their own(lol)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (6954) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.