Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,335 members, 7,811,977 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8130209 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 10:08am On May 03, 2012
EFE
I take pap and dis very pepperish things, dey are all same
AFR0BABY
As at 2day, I am 14wks 1day

Nottin has changed, its killin me, I am so pale dat if u c me, u think if anyth come close I ll jst die, did PVC, Dr said blood wz ok, I don't even hav stamina
God, dis is gettin 2much 4 me
Sobbin . . . .
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mogbomoya: 10:11am On May 03, 2012
I had bitter kola during my 1st trimester and it was fine. It really helped me. I did a lot research on it. It does not have as much caffine as the kolanut.
Really, everything should be in moderation. One piece usually lasted me for a week. Just cut off a bit and pop into the side of ur mouth. You don't have to chew it. Just suck it.

2nd trimester is wonderful! At a point (Btw 15 weeks - 18 weeks), I thot I was not pregnant again, cos I hard no symptom. From 19 weeks, I started feeling the flutters which has grown to mild kicks now. I had round ligament pain but that is tolerable.

Am doing great, except for the occasional feet swelling which happens in the evenings when I have to stand and cook. My face has also sooooooo totally changed!

Stay strong diamond love.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 10:20am On May 03, 2012
Bu hahahahahahahahahhaahahaha
Cryin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by afrobaby(f): 11:35am On May 03, 2012
@diamondlove, pele, I can feel ur pains. I have a sister who vomitted thruout her 1st pregnancy eve to the extent of vomitting blood, but am sure urs will not get to that. Ok, try something. Monitor whatever triggers the vomit. Personally, while in ma 1st tri, I noticed that drinking water while eating triggers the vomit, even immediately after eating, so most times water and food do not go togeda wit me, I also noticed that if I bend my head immediately after eating and try to lie down, I vomit. Just identify and the triggers and it will ease. Try taking a lot of crackers and sugar-free gums. It is well

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 11:52am On May 03, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ @Blank, where exactly do you itch?

Do you itch on the scar line of your C-section? Funny if so, because I & another mum who had a c-section a few weeks before me mentioned it as we both swapped stories about our experiences...

I (we) do get that too but I find that it helps if you apply some moisturizing cream to the area and rub gently.

I think, hair growing back on that area (after it had been scrapped off prior to the operation) might be the reason behind the itching..

It is especially on my tummy, my breasts, pubic region and my armpits. Its so embarrasing. When i start, no matter what people say or where i am, i cant stop itching. My scar itches as well but not as much but its too tender so i don't scratch it too much.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 1:04pm On May 03, 2012
afrobaby: @diamondlove, pele, I can feel ur pains. I have a sister who vomitted thruout her 1st pregnancy eve to the extent of vomitting blood, but am sure urs will not get to that. Ok, try something. Monitor whatever triggers the vomit. Personally, while in ma 1st tri, I noticed that drinking water while eating triggers the vomit, even immediately after eating, so most times water and food do not go togeda wit me, I also noticed that if I bend my head immediately after eating and try to lie down, I vomit. Just identify and the triggers and it will ease. Try taking a lot of crackers and sugar-free gums. It is well

mum bought me a pack of crackers biscuit
still same

i think i m beta 2day sha
i had my rice and even feelin hungry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by afrobaby(f): 1:26pm On May 03, 2012
@diamond, ok, then, eat little at a time, mom-to-be
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by recruitmnt: 2:42pm On May 03, 2012
Diamond, you keep reminding me of my 1st trimester. I lived on drips, nothing worked, but I got better in the 2nd trimester, hopefully you will too. Pele dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 2:42pm On May 03, 2012
i dont even want 2 eat anyth now sef
seems lyk its started again

frowns
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mogbomoya: 3:59pm On May 03, 2012
Diamond love,

You need to start confessing positively morning & night.

I use supernatural child birth & MFM prayer booklet. They have wonderful confessions and it works.

Pple dont believe it's my 1st pregnancy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 4:12pm On May 03, 2012
i dont get
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by recruitmnt: 4:35pm On May 03, 2012
^^ have you tested for malaria? (if you're in Nigeria). I realized malaria made my symptoms worse
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 4:46pm On May 03, 2012
D last tym I wz admitted (last wk) dey detected traces of malaria bt den I hav bn treated( my butt still aches frm d injection)
Seriously I don't know y I hav 2 go thru dis at dis tym
Sobs
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by avatur: 5:03pm On May 03, 2012
Diamondlove,
I join the other ladies in praying for strength for you. I know how utterly miserable I was during that time and it lasted till 6months (I pray urs ends much much sooner than that smiley ). Truth is only time will ease your discomfort...find an activity, hobby or something that helps to take your mind of it - to me that was the most useful thing I tried. I would watch my favorite shows (entire season re-runs), hang out with my friends till very late to kill time, reading a captivating book etc etc .... these helped as there was absolutely NOTHING that I could keep down for days at a time. I know it consumes you completely, but trust me, it'll be better if you try not to dwell on it. The mental aspect is also a big part of it.

recruitmnt: ^^ if its itching on your bump due to the stretching of the belly, then I heard lots of moisturizing usually helps. Heard 'Ori' ( don't know the name in English ) is effective. I don't know about itching all over the body tho..
thanks recruitment. The itching is all over my body and mostly at night. I currently use Cocoa butter on my tummy (to ward off stretchies) & all over in general. I asked my doc and she said there was no remedy, it will flare up with the hormones sad. And after reading how bad sister Blank itches, wow, that is serious oh. I read some forums online, some ladies said taking very cold showers & then moisturizing immediately helped... I've tried it but it doesn't always work.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by avatur: 5:13pm On May 03, 2012
oknee: I am tired of being pregnant. Due date wz 29th and up till nw, there s no contraction. Why, why, why. Induction is so painful, wouldnt want to go through such pain again. This is my 3rd preg and it wz only in d first dt contraction started normally after a day past d EDD. End preg wz induced and nw this one wil most likely go d same way. My sis said maybe d first child probably left some lolipop inside d tommy dt makes d others refuse coming out on their own(lol)
Men...this is one of my worries. To go past the due date and still no show.

@ALL, when will contractions start to happen as you approach the due date? I had some braxton hicks a while ago (last was at ~6mths I think) but nothing for a while. I feel as tho I should start having a couple here and there as I have just 6 weeks to go.

mogbomoya: I had bitter kola during my 1st trimester and it was fine. It really helped me. I did a lot research on it. It does not have as much caffine as the kolanut.
Really, everything should be in moderation. One piece usually lasted me for a week. Just cut off a bit and pop into the side of ur mouth. You don't have to chew it. Just suck it.

2nd trimester is wonderful! At a point (Btw 15 weeks - 18 weeks), I thot I was not pregnant again, cos I hard no symptom. From 19 weeks, I started feeling the flutters which has grown to mild kicks now. I had round ligament pain but that is tolerable.

Am doing great, except for the occasional feet swelling which happens in the evenings when I have to stand and cook. My face has also sooooooo totally changed!

Stay strong diamond love.
Lol. Kai! you're lucky oh, my baby has not let me forget for one single moment of one single day that he/she is down there cheesy. I have been a walking symptom poster child, even my doc jokes about it cos I always have something new to complain about lol.

lady j u: I did a pregnancy test yesterday and it showed positive. I'm 4 or 5 weeks gone. I did ultrasound that showed that I have cyst also. I'm so scared. I was asked to come back 2 weeks time but I want to see another gynachologist today to see what he will also say.
Congratulations sister smiley. I hope the cyst does not present any complications for you. Please take very good care of yourself and the angel you're carrying.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 5:59pm On May 03, 2012
^ I go 2 work everyday, 9am-5pm, I get busy so my mind cld b off it bt reverse is d case
Oh God
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by EfemenaXY: 6:37pm On May 03, 2012
blank:

It is especially on my tummy, my breasts, pubic region and my armpits. Its so embarrasing. When i start, no matter what people say or where i am, i cant stop itching. My scar itches as well but not as much but its too tender so i don't scratch it too much.

Don't scratch it at all. Just a little light rubbing should suffice. As per the itching on other body parts, my suggestion is that you wear loose cotton clothing. None of those tight synthetic stuff as you need air to flow freely and cotton absorbs sweat.

You might also want to change your detergent as you could be reacting to your current one?

I know this is.stating the obvious, but regular change of clothing and baths help too. Morning & evening showers did a lot for me.

And finally, if none of these work, pay visit to your doctor. I heard excessive itching could be a sign of diabetics?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by igbi: 7:31pm On May 03, 2012
I didnt have vomiting or neusea in my 1st preganancy,but had them mild in my 2nd,what helped me was lime in water,which i sipped like crazy,i had 2 research 2b sure its safe which they say is,maybe u can try it and ginger,all the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ib(f): 8:14pm On May 03, 2012
Hi all...Im now 40 weeks + 5 days and baby doesn't seem interested in coming out! how can i induce labour naturally (except sex)?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by EfemenaXY: 8:24pm On May 03, 2012
Ib: Hi all...Im now 40 weeks + 5 days and baby doesn't seem interested in coming out! how can i induce labour naturally (except sex)?

Lol! Try eating something spicy.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 9:43pm On May 03, 2012
igbi: I didnt have vomiting or neusea in my 1st preganancy,but had them mild in my 2nd,what helped me was lime in water,which i sipped like crazy,i had 2 research 2b sure its safe which they say Is,maybe u can try it and ginger,all the best

I will try dat sis
Thnx
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mogbomoya: 12:41pm On May 04, 2012
@Diamond Love,

What I mean by confession is speaking positively to urself and to you baby.

See pple excerpts from supernatural childbirth.

Thank you, father, for this child. I can say with Hannah, “For this child I prayed and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of him.
Thank you, Lord, for a wonderful pregnancy, an enjoyable pregnancy. Thank you that I am in control over my body and the word has preeminence in my life. I will not be subject to my emotions, but they subject to your word. I’ll not have morning sickness. You said you bless my bread and water and take sickness out of my midst. Not only will I enjoy this pregnancy, but my family will, as well. It will be a good time, a pleasant time. I’ll rest well and sleep well. You said you give your beloved sleep. I’ll watch what I eat and not gain too much weight. The children of Israel walked forty years in the wilderness and their feet didn’t swell; my feet will not swell in Jesus name. Thank you for what your word calls blessings of the breasts and of the womb. (Gen. 49:25). I’ll not have sore or cracked nipples and breasts.
I will feel and be feminine. I radiate life. I glow and am attractive during this pregnancy. My husband and children will enjoy being with me, and I will enjoy being with them, I’ll be amorous and loving toward my husband. Your word says that he is always ravished with my love and my breasts satisfy him at all times. He has no need of spoil during this time and he drinks waters out of his own well, and he rejoices with the wife of his youth, the wife of his covenant – me! We will continue to have a good and blessed sex life during this pregnancy!
This pregnancy will be full duration, full term. I’m a tither, and my vine won’t cast its fruit before its time in the field. You said I would not cast my young or miscarry and the number of my days you would fulfill. Thank you that you bless the fruit of my womb as David declared. You said numerous times in the bible that you formed and fashioned our baby in the womb and at the right time you will separate my baby from my womb and carry it gently from my womb.
Father I declare over this precious one, as I do over all my family, that we are healed by the stripes of Jesus. No sickness, no plague, no evil can come upon us. Your angels have charge over us and keep us in all our ways and lift us up lest we dash our foot against a stone. Just like all the ladies of faith in the bible, I will give birth to a healthy , whole baby, a child whose heart is toward God and your promise. And your command is that if we train this child up in the way he/she should go that he/she won’t depart from it when he/she is old. Our baby will honor his/her father and mother and obey: therefore, it shall be well (not sick) with our child, and he/she will live long on the earth.
Father, I speak to my body and to my baby- to every part, every organ, every system to function properly and perfectly, fully developed as you intended from the beginning. I declare health, wholeness, soundness, spirit , soul and body from the top of the head to the bottom of the feet.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 1:02pm On May 04, 2012
thnx alot sis
i do dat even in my slp
its gotten 2 dis point dat i even challenge God dat if anyth happens 2 me and dis baby
i rili do appreciate y'all
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Otosdd: 1:59pm On May 04, 2012
Diamondlove God is ur strenght just be strong for ur baby it will soon pass. I am also praying for u.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 2:37pm On May 04, 2012
Thnx
Lots of love
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 3:18am On May 05, 2012
oknee: I am tired of being pregnant. Due date wz 29th and up till nw, there s no contraction. Why, why, why. Induction is so painful, wouldnt want to go through such pain again. This is my 3rd preg and it wz only in d first dt contraction started normally after a day past d EDD. End preg wz induced and nw this one wil most likely go d same way. My sis said maybe d first child probably left some lolipop inside d tommy dt makes d others refuse coming out on their own(lol)

Sorry ooo, have you tried some bedroom activity with daddy, they say thats suppose to help!

will sign back in later to respond to other post, gonna sleep now.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 11:56am On May 05, 2012
@ oknee, u can start running up and down stairs, vigorous exercises and sticking clean applicators up there. The last one na lipsrsealed
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 12:10pm On May 05, 2012
lady j u: I did a pregnancy test yesterday and it showed positive. I'm 4 or 5 weeks gone. I did ultrasound that showed that I have cyst also. I'm so scared. I was asked to come back 2 weeks time but I want to see another gynachologist today to see what he will also say.

Congrats and welcome if you tell me the month you are due i can add you to the front, cyst in this early pregnancy are normal, the cyst can be left over from the egg that hatched which allowed you to get pregnant sometimes the shell of the egg remains and that cause the cyst. As long as its not to big it should not be a problem and will disappear by 16 weeks gestation, so try not to worry.

@ Blank i know about the itching they say that "bio oil" is best it helps to prevent stretch marks and moisturizes the stretched skin so that you dont itch to much. But i dont know where to get it in this Nigeria.

@mogbomoya glad to hear about LO kicks and all they are up to these days, supernatural pregnancy thanks for sharing im gonna look into it further so far i find it very interesting.

@diamond its my prayer and meditation that this will pass soon for you, girl i really do feel it for you.

@ IB well i can only advise bedroom activity with daddy, safe delivery mommy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by EfemenaXY: 12:32pm On May 05, 2012
Daft question, but what does LO mean on this thread?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 12:38pm On May 05, 2012
It means little one, its not a daft question, what u don't know, u ask
Efemena_xy: Daft question, but what does LO mean on this thread?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by EfemenaXY: 12:56pm On May 05, 2012
Ah! Thanks smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 3:28pm On May 05, 2012
agiboma:

@ Blank i know about the itching they say that "bio oil" is best it helps to prevent stretch marks and moisturizes the stretched skin so that you dont itch to much. But i dont know where to get it in this Nigeria.

I have used Bio-oil for the past 2 years constantly. I still have stretch marks and itch badly. I buy from Shoprite or Spar.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.