Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,950 members, 7,956,581 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:35 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8444712 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (6973) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 12:41pm On May 08, 2012
Now I am gettin all so scared, my hrt is beatin so fast, I am nt even close 2 delivery and I am here all shivering, hrd its so painful
I see dat has been d fear from d onset, Its dat fear dat has been makin me go thru a lot, how do I conquer dis fear
Cryin seriously

Nt registered for ante-natal, went 2 d clinic wit mum dis mornin, in my own opinion, I hav always wanted a private hospital bt hrd sm news dat got me mad, ok, we got 2 d health centre, got card and all, askd us 2 seat and wait 4 d dr, waied 4 abt 1hr, mum wz furious, stood up and one of us seated said she overheard one of dem said, dey will wait till 4eva, can u imagine dat? Very simple, dey will tell us Drs are nt in
Mum wz pissed and wz lyk, let's go 2 a private hosp, along d way, we saw one airforce clinic, bt askd us 2 come on thurs 4 registration

So now, I want 2 ask if I shld go ahead wit d airforce clinic or private hospital, dere r rili gd private hospitals arnd me
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by avatur: 3:00pm On May 08, 2012
recruitmnt: I'm really worried, hoping that my baby weighs a well because I've practically spent more time in hospital than out of it.

About the carbonated drinks, in my 1st trimester, I could only eat boiled eggs and sprite. My doctor actually told me to take it easy on the sprite esp when I started bleeding at 13 weeks (threatened abortion). By I was still secretly taking in small amounts cos I felt I would die if I didn't. Am not saying you should do the same oh, but confirm from your gynae, if it makes you feel better and you don't have any other predisposing factors that make it dangerous to your body, he might let you take it.

Hmmmn, a bit of my own story..will share it fully when I deliver. I've been on bedrest since 13 weeks, my waters broke and I developed an infection, was told the only chance I had was to terminate, developed preterm labor. Leakage stopped, had cerclage...was transferred from hospital to hospital till I found the one that accepted me. My consultant and all the other docs still call me mama miracle. In all his years of practice he said he hasn't seen a case like mine. I am indeed a miracle. Still on bedresr right now, and my maid that has been helping me said she's leaving tomorrow. I don't know how ill cope but God that has brought me this far will see me to the end IJN.

Btw, I had a previous loss at 24weeks in the UK, spent some time with my boy but he sadly passed on. It is well IJN! I will testify, that I know...Just wanted to rant a bit cos atimes everythn just gets a bit too much for me to bear alone.
wow. You ladies are really my heroes. When I hear stories like these it makes me just shut up over my relatively tiny complaints. My sister God is your strength and He who brought you this far will see you through to the end. We will wait to hear the joyful story of your delivery by the grace of God and whatever pain you have endured, may God turn it into boundless joy. It is well with you mama miracle! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 3:01pm On May 08, 2012
Anoda thing, I hav not had SeX since I became pregnant
Dats abt 3months plus
I don't know if I am riskin anything cos I don't think I can even allow him do anything till I don't know

Recruitment
Look up 2 d sky and see how shining it is, so shall u shine in every aspect of ur lyf, it is well sis
We will mk it thru
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 3:04pm On May 08, 2012
@ diamond i know the airforce hospital around here is pretty good. So hopefully its the same in your area. Try to drink water if you can heartaches etc,can be sign of dehydration.
@ recruitment wow what a story most of the ladies that where on the high risk floor like myself in Canada some of them had their waters break early, they where placed on antibiotics and bedrest. cant wait to hear your testimony in full.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by avatur: 3:06pm On May 08, 2012
diamondlove: Now I am gettin all so scared, my hrt is beatin so fast, I am nt even close 2 delivery and I am here all shivering, hrd its so painful
I see dat has been d fear from d onset, Its dat fear dat has been makin me go thru a lot, how do I conquer dis fear
Cryin seriously
That is actually very normal and is a good sign your body is working hard to prepare for your baby. It will slow down a bit later. Before pregnancy my resting heart rate was ~50-60, after getting pg, its consistently over 100bpm. They say a pregnant woman's HR can be compared to a non-pregnant woman running a race! Stay strong girl.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by biddiebest: 5:23pm On May 09, 2012
Hello All, not been here for a while now, hope we re all doing very fine ...

@ jumie62, just saw your post on the pelvic examination, it is very compulsory for every first timer,

it is to determine if ur pelvic is large enough for u 2 go thru normal delivery (as explained to me),

It's a simple test, u just stand on a machine and u are given something to put in btw ur legs

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by biddiebest: 5:48pm On May 09, 2012
@ pampaerme, big congrats to u 7 Ur family

@recruitment, so sorry abt what u are going thru, d Lord shall see u thru,

He's ur strength and shall make u & ur family a miracle, u will testify of His goodness,

I actually don't advice d use of so much drugs during preg...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by recruitmnt: 6:05pm On May 09, 2012
Thanks a lot people. I feel a lot better today, thank God! Talking about drugs, hmmmn lemme just say it is well cos I've probably taken more drugs in this pregnancy than in my whole life- for ptl, high bp, infections, name it. God will see me through, can't wait for the day I'll carry my baby in my arms.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by infogenius(m): 9:39pm On May 09, 2012
diamondlove: Anoda thing, I hav not had SeX since I became pregnant
Dats abt 3months plus
I don't know if I am riskin anything cos I don't think I can even allow him do anything till I don't know

It is not fun at all but I know you will get over in no distant time.As long as he understands there will be no problems.My hubby too was not going to allow me though I knew what she was going through but once in a while she pacifies me and there are times she will say come on and I quickly top it up from the rear.Not fun like it used to be but only to make her know that I have not been going outside to do it.
You are in probably the toughest period of pregnancy because when my hubby was about 3months plus I really hear am.

@forumites
Quite some time away!Congrats to the newest mother in NL (pamperme).I am also an expectant father and I have had to cope with my wife carrying our baby.She is about 24wks old now and has started attending the ante natal.So far she is doing well no complains of aches here and there that she had about 6 - 8wks ago.I suspect because of her teaching activities.
She is stable now with her bigger tummy.She had a check up some days ago and she was given fansidar that means malaria was suspected in urine or blood (i no know which one).My biggest joy is I do not have much to worry about compared to the month of March.
I will keep you posted on how she is doing.All I have to say now is that I am proud of her and I really appreciate God for mothers.E no easy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 9:11pm On May 10, 2012
hi all, just popping in to see how everyone is doing.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 7:33am On May 12, 2012
How is RECRITMENT & AVATUR doin?

D house has been silent
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Luvlee(f): 8:27am On May 12, 2012
Hi evry1 we spoke in tongues ystday seriously abt pregnant women $ children in church. I was so happy and I connected u all, it is settled IJN amen.diamondlove hw r u?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by recruitmnt: 10:04am On May 12, 2012
diamondlove: How is RECRITMENT & AVATUR doin?

D house has been silent

I'm here oh, doing fine by Gods grace. I managed to cajole my maid to stay *phew*... Am going to get of bedrest once am 35 weeks, don't think I can go any longer. Woke up to positive thoughts and I will keep it that way by Gods grace.

Diamond, howz d nausea?

At all...hope all our babies are kicking well. Have a wonderful weekend.

Luvlee, thanks for the prayers. I need loads of it now.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 12:00pm On May 12, 2012
Luvlee
So wonderful of u

Nausea is still dey o
Infact I don tire my mama, she can't leave me in d house

God will c us thru
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by uwani(f): 2:07pm On May 12, 2012
Halo everyone, last week was both a high and low one for me, low because I was down with typhoid fever and was placed on Zinnat. And high because i felt my baby move. As at this morning my guess is that she just finished her suwe and about to start 10,10. Lolllllllll. Am so loving it.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 2:38pm On May 12, 2012
Loool
So nice, atleast smth is got 2 mk u feel more beta, glad u hav a reason 2 smile
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 12:53pm On May 13, 2012
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY everybody, i know Nigeria celebrated mothers day a few eeks back but today is mothers day in North America and Australia. Have a great one!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 3:46pm On May 13, 2012
happy mother's day to all moms and moms to be, may God bless our bundles of joy, love y'all
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 9:48pm On May 13, 2012
Can't find any cormfy position
my stomach is rumbling
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by camrygmail: 10:48pm On May 13, 2012
Happy mother's day!

I am doing well ,nausea is very mild these days, however I do not have an appetite for any food. I am always thirsty ( our days here are getting really hot) , befor pregnancy I always slept on my tummy or back now that both are out of the question, I am not enjoying sleeping on my side.. But I am grateful for strength and so I am not complaining.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pamperme: 2:13pm On May 14, 2012
Thank you so much everyone for the lovely messages. Baby and Mum are doing fine. Just dat he wakes everyone up at night sad
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by osikhueme(f): 2:24pm On May 14, 2012
ā„“:Dā„“ @ pamperme. Welcome 2 my world.My LO is 2months now and dunno whether he has gotten better or I hv gotten used to the waking up. God is my strength cheesy congrats
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 2:42pm On May 14, 2012
@ pamperme, that's their stock in trade, I thought I was alone obviously, I'm not
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by teewai27: 4:50pm On May 14, 2012
Hi ladies
I need some advice from you ooo.
I'm 7 Weeks pg but haven't gone for any prenatal tests yet due to my insurance status.
For the past one week I have been feeling very nauseous and sick to the stomach.
I can't eat or drink anything I either throw up or have diarrhea.and I have this bitter taste in my mouth that is hard to get rid of.
I feel myself getting weaker by the day. Even when I force myself to eat,I feel such afterward.
How have you ladies coped with nausea.
I will go for my first prenatal appointment in a few Weeks but I just need some one to tell me im not alone with this sick feeling
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by recruitmnt: 9:17pm On May 14, 2012
^^^ diamond, where are you when we need you cheesy.

Teewai, what you feel is absolutely normal. Try to find out what works for you. I know the nausea gets worse on an empty stomach, so you could start from there.. Btw, welcome on board..cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by timok4chri: 8:16am On May 15, 2012
pls does any1 know where to do utral scan in abj.how much it cost and if its a 3d machine?at what week can sex of baby be accurately seee,since d hospital here have poor u/s machine.txs pls anywhere to buy birth and execise for pregnant women videos.txs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 8:39am On May 15, 2012
recruitmnt: ^^^ diamond, where are you when we need you cheesy.

Teewai, what you feel is absolutely normal. Try to find out what works for you. I know the nausea gets worse on an empty stomach, so you could start from there.. Btw, welcome on board..cheesy

i am ere oo
nursin my nausea

teewai27: Hi ladies
I need some advice from you ooo.
I'm 7 Weeks pg but haven't gone for any prenatal tests yet due to my insurance status.
For the past one week I have been feeling very nauseous and sick to the stomach.
I can't eat or drink anything I either throw up or have diarrhea.and I have this bitter taste in my mouth that is hard to get rid of.
I feel myself getting weaker by the day. Even when I force myself to eat,I feel such afterward.
How have you ladies coped with nausea.
I will go for my first prenatal appointment in a few Weeks but I just need some one to tell me im not alone with this sick feeling

welcome 2 d world, dont feel too depressed, try as much as possible 2 put yourself 2geda and cry less cos i still cry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by demmykay: 8:47am On May 15, 2012
@timok4chri u can do d ultra s in ECHO scan gimbiya street in area 11 garki dey also have another branch in wuse 2 along aminu kano cresent. They re very good in scan. Not too sure of d cost. U can visit der website www.echo-scan.com
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cuteruth(f): 9:33am On May 15, 2012
timok4chri: pls does any1 know where to do utral scan in abj.how much it cost and if its a 3d machine?at what week can sex of baby be accurately seee,since d hospital here have poor u/s machine.txs pls anywhere to buy birth and execise for pregnant women videos.txs

to determine the sex is around 18 to 20 weeks. but for accurate result wait till the 28th week.God bless u and may we all deliver safely
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 11:18am On May 15, 2012
cry cry cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (6973) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.