Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,907 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8166423 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (6957) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bolseas(f): 3:25pm On May 15, 2012
@ Teewai, congratulations on your pregnancy may we all be congratulated when we put to bed.

I am also a 7 weeks expectant mother and trust me, i forget that i am even pregnant. i eat anything i like. sometimes it is when i finish eating that i start thinking how safe it is for me to eat what i ate lol. But sha, just hang in there. tap some strength from diamondlove. you will be okay. have u started taking any natal vitamins? I went to the pharmacist in my area and explained to him that i dont want to go for ante natal yet that he should prescribe the natal vitamins i should use. He gave me Pre-Natal, Calcium, Iron & Folic Acid with the prescription.

@ pamperme...congratulations ooo.

@timok4chri, where do you live in Abuja? I live in Kubwa around Phase 3 axis. there is a scan lab at Fruit Market around that Phase 4 bridge, All Well Scan something something. When i went to do pelvic scan and to check if i was ovulating i went there and i was billed 2,000. but i dont have an idea of the cost of that type of scan sha.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by avatur: 4:29pm On May 15, 2012
My sisters, I greet all of una well well. Hope everyone's doing fine including agiboma, recruitment, diamondlove and others.

Teewai27, congrats! & sorry you've been initiated into the 'morning sickness' club. Everything you've described is 100% 'normal' and much more. If you have time try to read through the thread, there's plenty of great information on other people's experiences.

@thread,
I'm in my 36th week now...doing okay for the most part. I've been battling a nasty cold the past week so its been a bit rough especially as you can't take any medication to help. Celebrated my birthday yesterday smiley on the couch with a blanket, vicks, kleenex & ice-packs & a towel lol. Has anyone else had the joint pain in their hands towards the end? in the wrist & fingers? mostly worst in the mornings, waking up to a 'frozen' hand that actually cracks when you try to move it.

Another question, for those who've been there before, how long did you continue to work before your due date?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by recruitmnt: 4:39pm On May 15, 2012
^^ HBD in arrears. Can't wait to be 36 weeks toooo, at least I'ld have overcome majority of my fears smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by osikhueme(f): 5:37pm On May 15, 2012
Som ppl take their mat leave as early as 4wks b4 EDD, it all depends on hw u r feeling. If u wanna spend more time with your baby and if you are strong enough you can push as far as you can as long as its safe to do so o!
My mat leave started on d day I turned 39wks n lo n behold baby came dat day if not it wud hv been a health and safety issue o, lol
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweettweet: 8:29am On May 16, 2012
@avatur,
as osikhueme said, it depends on how u r feeling. If u have enough strength, u can go all da way.
I will be 38weeks tomorrow and I intend working till i put to bed so I can take my 3mths full mat leave.
@diamondlove, hp u r feeling pweety gud 2day!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by timok4chri: 8:34am On May 16, 2012
thanks.@bolseas,i stay around army estate in kubwa,i l give it a trial.txs
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 9:16am On May 16, 2012
My office has a policy. Your maternity leave starts 2 weeks before your EDD (which is advised by the hospital). If you do not take the 2 weeks, then you forfeit it.

I have had a cold for the past 4 months without relenting. My nose is always blocked and i am always sneezing. They said it was hay fever, i have never had such allergies before. God dey.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Otosdd: 12:34pm On May 16, 2012
Hello everyone in d house i am 38wks 2day according 2 d scan i did yesterday nd as God would have it d placental has move upwords, so so happy 2 hear dat i am just waitng for my lo 2 come out wen he/she is ready.@ amboss long time have u gone for another scan 2 check. Dont worry God dat took my placental up will also do it for u ijn Amen.@ diamond how are feeling 2day? Nd 2 everybody in d house we wil all deliever safely ijn. Amen.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Smilenw(f): 2:15pm On May 16, 2012
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Smilenw(f): 2:55pm On May 16, 2012
Hi all! How safe is "Malta Guiness"cheesy during pregnancy ? Had absolutely no craving or morning sickness during my first pregnancy...but with this one, too much shakara wink 8 weeks and dying to have a can of "Malta Guiness"
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Luvlee(f): 3:10pm On May 16, 2012
Oh my started hvin contractions, doc says it's ok and hpefully in f nxt couple of days I shud give birth to my lo I can't wait. I heard exercise $ jiggy jiggy wit hubby will help. Let hubby cme bak so I can give him his nxt assignment, lots of jiggy jiggy so our baby can cme quickly. Lol..@ smilenw guess Malta Guinness is good cos of d vitamins $ minerals bt pls do it in moderation cos of d sugar or preferably tk amstel malt has low sugar.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by afrobaby(f): 3:27pm On May 16, 2012
Otosdd: Hello everyone in d house i am 38wks 2day according 2 d scan i did yesterday nd as God would have it d placental has move upwords, so so happy 2 hear dat i am just waitng for my lo 2 come out wen he/she is ready.@ amboss long time have u gone for another scan 2 check. Dont worry God dat took my placental up will also do it for u ijn Amen.@ diamond how are feeling 2day? Nd 2 everybody in d house we wil all deliever safely ijn. Amen.
This is indeed good news, congrats,
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by teewai27: 1:24am On May 17, 2012
Thanks for the responses ladies. Hbd in arreas to you avatur. I was able to eat some food today though I've lost 4 pounds already.
It is well with all of us ijn.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 11:31am On May 17, 2012
@Otosdd,i'm very much around o and i'm so happy to hear this gud news of urs,so so happy,this gives me hope that mine will also go up by His special grace.I'm going for another scan this saturday,hoping for the best and pls do let us know when u put to bed o,to God be the glory.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by recruitmnt: 1:09pm On May 17, 2012
Omg! I feel sick, treated malaria and typhoid last week. Went for a blood test yday, No malaria parasite was found. I have headaches and just feel generally unwell. Can the next 3 weeks come any faster please!!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Otosdd: 1:35pm On May 17, 2012
@ recruitmnt God is ur strenght dont worry it will soon pass just take care of urself nd d lo inside u God will see u through ijn. Amen @imurboss God will see u through ur next scan nd u will also testify of his Goodness just be prayerful. U are always in my prayers. It is well.@afrobaby thanks it is a testimony i wil never forget in a hurry. @luvlee i wish u nd lo save delivery just take it easy with hubby o. I will share my delivery with every one in d house just be praying for me. Nd i wish those dat are close safe delivery, those in der 2nd trimester dont give up u are getting there nd those in der 1st trimester God will be ur strenght. Just take care of urself nd ur lo. God will see all of us through in Jesus name. Amen

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 2:10pm On May 17, 2012
@Otosdd,thanks alot God bless u n LO.I'm having pains on my swollen feet,dont know what that means,does anyone know?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 3:23pm On May 17, 2012
Me am nt feelin fine oooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kemond11: 3:37pm On May 17, 2012
Wow,it's been lovely reading through,I'm in my 17th week feeling stronger compared to my 1st trimester with loss of appetite and body weakness.God bless all expectant mothers,save delivery to us all

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pamperme: 6:19pm On May 17, 2012
At what month or week will they stop waking everyone up at night? Have not had a sound sleep in two weeks now! sad
Not finding it funny o!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 5:57am On May 18, 2012
Lol @ pamperme,this is just the beginning, watch out for part 2
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweettweet: 7:59am On May 18, 2012
@otossd, such a pleasant news. i pray labour and delivery will come thru too easy, amen.
@imurboss, God that did it for otossd will do urs tooo, amen.
@recruitment, sorry dear. try and rest more for those headaches. God is ur strength.
@diamondlove, keep holding on. pele dear.God will c u tru.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 9:52am On May 18, 2012
thanks sweettweet,it is well with my soul
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mightlove(f): 10:15am On May 18, 2012
hey all, lovely thread here. I have been a silent follower of these thread and have seen that its such a lovely one.
@agiboma:thumbs up, great job. I am not pregnant to start with, just popped in to answer a few questions.
@every pregnant woman:God will see u thru and u'll deliver like the hebrew women did in Jesus' name.

@timok4kri: for pregnancy exercise videos, u can send me a mail mightlovemm@gmail.com and i will let u know how u can get them.

@diamondlove and all those going thru difficult pregnancies, God will glorify Himself in your lives in Jesus' name.

@avatur: i worked until the day i had my baby. My mat leave was to start on a monday, a day before my EDD, i had him on the friday prior to that monday,i.e. My last day in the office and 4 days to my EDD. I went from the office cos labour started as soon as i got to the office in the morning. It just felt like menstrual cramps and gradually increased in intensity but was very bearable compared to when i was induced. Cldnt stay so hubby took me to d hospital and on our way, my water broke, by the time i got to the hospital in the space of less than 2 hrs, i was 6cm dilated. But that was where it stopped oh. I was induced was couldnt progress so i had an emergency CS.anyway, the long and short is that God was merciful to mean and my son. I was obviously not wide enough for a first baby of his size. He weighed 4.1kg at birth.
All the while, he never engaged but i didnt understand the implication. The frequent urge to urinate that women feel towards their EDD was never experienced by me but i didnt know since i had never been there before. Anyway, make i end am for here. Let me reserve space for my next birth story, which i believe is coming soon.

This one na birth story 2 years after, lol. Make una no mind me oh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 12:41pm On May 18, 2012
^ wow
Thnk God for u and ur baby

My frnd just dropped a bouncin baby boy and my boss tooo
Great news
Jst got back from d hospital as usual
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mirob(f): 1:19pm On May 18, 2012
I'm not pregnant but my sister is, pls house what does it mean when a pregnant woman of 9 weeks saw a little blood on her womanliness, does it mean that the baby will not stay? Pls I'm very scared.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cuteruth(f): 7:03pm On May 18, 2012
@mirob, ur sis shd visit the hospital, it might be due to implantation. Kindly tell ur sista not to stress herself because she is still in her first trimester. The baby Will Stay in Jesus Name and we shall all deliver safely.

@diamondlove, I feel u my sister all u need to do is Rest and Rest
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mirob(f): 7:10pm On May 18, 2012
Thank God she visited the hospital and the baby is still intact and the Doc recommended lots of rest. I was so scared. You all will have safe delivery in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by recruitmnt: 7:27am On May 19, 2012
In hospital, on admission. Diagnoses - malaria 2+ . This is the 3rd time am treating malaria in d past 4 weeks. Trust me, mosquitoes never bite me. I drink only Eva water, I eat healthy... I dunno again cry cry. I've been vomiting. God is on the throne, I will rejoice in due time IJN

P.S. using chloroquine injection this time. I think I've grown a resistance to every other drug
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 8:53am On May 19, 2012
Pele
Its jst a few more days, don't worry, I will come eat rice and pinch dat lil one for disturbin mum dis much

I neva stool o, and if I don't complete d whole test, I can't register for ante-natal
Wat can I use 2 mk d stool come
Food doesn't stay in my stomach cos as soon as I swallow, it gushes out, water I no fit drink
I don't wanna say ayam tired, bt I believe God is watching sha
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cuteruth(f): 8:15pm On May 19, 2012
recruitmnt: In hospital, on admission. Diagnoses - malaria 2+ . This is the 3rd time am treating malaria in d past 4 weeks. Trust me, mosquitoes never bite me. I drink only Eva water, I eat healthy... I dunno again cry cry. I've been vomiting. God is on the throne, I will rejoice in due time IJN

P.S. using chloroquine injection this time. I think I've grown a resistance to every other drug

@ Recruitment, sori the Lord is ur Strength. The last time I was been treated for Malaria the doctor had to give me injections for three days because I had visited one hospital before n those ones have treated me For Malaria bt since I had finished the injections 2 wks ago I ve been free. Kindly ask the Doctor Maybe he can Recommend Pregnacare For u and also Calcium because those r the two drugs dat I am using n dey ve bin working fine on my body. It is well n we Shall all deliver Safely.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cuteruth(f): 8:22pm On May 19, 2012
@ diamondlove , kindly take Enough Water and take lots of fruits.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (6957) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.