Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,030 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8125239 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nuellaodion: 10:23pm On May 19, 2012
Nice and inspiring thread: been reading all d posts and its as if everyone is physically present in a forum lifting each other up with these sisterly and motherly advice. I had a miscarriage last year September(bulky uterus, don't know the meaning)and remnant of the product was evacuated, I almost died going through the pain alone as hussy is always offshore.I have been trying to conceive again since then, been taking folic acid and omega h3, and praying. Problem is I have been having waist and abdominal cramps with frequent urination. Don't know what the cause is? What can I do to conceive again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Luvlee(f): 11:09pm On May 19, 2012
My lo arrived on friday morning it was really labour but I thank God for he saw me tru. Evry1 is so happy $ she's so peaceful.. It's good to be a mum

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by osikhueme(f): 4:14am On May 20, 2012
Congrats luvlee,

There shall b loads of gud news like dis on dis thread IJN
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 8:21am On May 20, 2012
nuellaodion: Nice and inspiring thread: been reading all d posts and its as if everyone is physically present in a forum lifting each other up with these sisterly and motherly advice. I had a miscarriage last year September(bulky uterus, don't know the meaning)and remnant of the product was evacuated, I almost died going through the pain alone as hussy is always offshore.I have been trying to conceive again since then, been taking folic acid and omega h3, and praying. Problem is I have been having waist and abdominal cramps with frequent urination. Don't know what the cause is? What can I do to conceive again?
So sorry sis bt I believe God will surely answer u and every1 lookin unto Him, pls don't feel depressed

cuteruth: @ diamondlove , kindly take Enough Water and take lots of fruits.
I am so scared of takin anyth in, I don't drink water o, d only liquid I tk is pap or pepsi, even wit all dose, I throw dem out

A big congrats 2 Luvlee
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 12:03pm On May 20, 2012
Congrats luvlee, God bless your little Madam, enjoy the ride
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 12:24pm On May 20, 2012
Hi alllll!!!!!

Its been a minute since i last came online, the clinic has me super busy, wow, I want all you ladies ont his thread to know how blessed you truely are and how g-d has favoured you people to put these little miracles in your womb. I am seeing so many stories and sharing expereinces with the women i see in my clinic, makes me appreciate my family and precious son all the more, its a very humbling expereince.

@ tewai, bolseas, smilenew and kemond congrats on your pregnancies i will update the fron i hope i can caluculate the delivery month well oooo.
@ Mirob at 9 weeks it is normal, my doctor explained it to me @ 9 weeks something happens in the bay development and growth that can cause a dark brown discharge to come from the vagi.na, @ times it can also be red in colour. As long as it is not accompanied by cramps etc. all should be well.
@ nuelladion, I am sorry for your loss. You will get pregnant and carry your baby in this life. G-d is your strength. You made mention your hubby works offshore, perhapes his time off is not lining up with your ovulation period as that is the most favourable time to meet your husband and get pregnant. You can take a look at the trying to conceive thread lots of great ladies on there supporting and sharing their expereinces with ttc.
https://www.nairaland.com/318334/trying-conceive-child-ttc/83

@ LUVLEEE CONGRATULATIONNNNNS, WELCOME TO THE WORLD LIL PRINCESS
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 4:21pm On May 20, 2012
What have I done 2 YOU, y YOU makin me go thru hell, I thot YOU don't eva give pain bt pleasure, so y is mine goin dis way, y can't I hav a moment of peace, I can't pray out bt I pray 2 YOU wit my mind every second, even wen I type, I type wit shaken hands, GOD, YOU being so mean and hard on me, where hav I gone wrong? I hav neva maltreated any child b it abnormal or normal, I walk on d line YOU hav choosen for me and yet, YOU decide to torture me, I am livin in pain, its killing me
Wat more do YOU want me do, tell me now oooo, tell me
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by recruitmnt: 4:29pm On May 20, 2012
diamondlove: What have I done 2 YOU, y YOU makin me go thru hell, I thot YOU don't eva give pain bt pleasure, so y is mine goin dis way, y can't I hav a moment of peace, I can't pray out bt I pray 2 YOU wit my mind every second, even wen I type, I type wit shaken hands, GOD, YOU being so mean and hard on me, where hav I gone wrong? I hav neva maltreated any child b it abnormal or normal, I walk on d line YOU hav choosen for me and yet, YOU decide to torture me, I am livin in pain, its killing me
Wat more do YOU want me do, tell me now oooo, tell me

Wow, dear it is well. I know it's hard but please keep trying to hold on. Look beyond what u're going through now, focus on the big picture ( this helped me a lot). God is your strength.

Congrats luvlee! grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Otosdd: 6:21pm On May 20, 2012
@ luvlee a big congratulation 2 u nd ur lo ur little angel shall bring blessing nd favour 2 ur family ijn. @diamondlove i am sorry for wat u are going through its well i pray 2 God 2 give u d strenght 2 carry on pls don be discourage. I have a sister dat anytime she is pregnant she is always running 2 meet my mother 2 take care of her, starting frm wen she became pregnant till 5months she is always on d floor lying down, she doesnt eat only fruit, not 2 talk of 2 bath or do anything. Except wen she want 2 use d loo dat is wen u see her stand up frm d floor. But 2day she has 3 lovely kids, nd those 3kids take d same method. I know its not easy but pls take care of urself nd d lo inside u, before u know it u wil be fine. @ recuitment how are u feeling now? d devil has lost d battle u shall deliver safely ijn. Just be prayerful nd i know dat God dat put dat baby there will bring it out wen due ijn
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by recruitmnt: 8:13pm On May 20, 2012
AMEN!!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cuteruth(f): 9:08pm On May 20, 2012
@ diamondlove, pele o, why don't u try n find another hospital so dat u will be well taken care of and pls force ur self to take water n limit that pepsi.

My own now is running nose due to Fan Yogo dat I am always taking bt I got to stop it.

@ luvlee, Congrats o and may Celebration never cease in ur home. Amen

I don't have power o bt I trust God dat he wud help me o because to take injection I was crying like a baby, ow then am I going to push because my mum said its always painful.

Gudnite Everyone
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mightlove(f): 9:34pm On May 20, 2012
congrats luvlee
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Smilenw(f): 10:13pm On May 20, 2012
Hi ppl, congrats to new mommies and the ones who r on their way to mommyhood smiley I have a small issue sad Like I mentioned in my previous post on this thread, I was 8 weeks n 5 days based on my first scan. The hospital I visit gets a scan done on the first visit n I thought I was 7 weeks on my first visit based on my LMP but the scan showed only 5 weeks. Doc thought my cycle wasn't proper, but assured me all was well and put me on progestrone shots since I was PCOD..the scan followed after 2 weeks showed a growth of 7 weeks, but no heart beat was detected. Doc again said since there wasn't any bleeding or cramps, I shouldn't be worrying and come back for a repeat scan in 2 weeks. The repeat scan did show a heart beat, but once again growth is just 7 weeks plus, instead of the expected 9 weeks sad the woman who did the scan and my doc thinks there is nothing wrong as long as I don't have any bleeding and the baby has a heart beat. Infact they say girls develop very slowly at times Though itz not my first pregnancy, this is something new to me. My nausea has also disappeared.. sad I really don't know what to tell ppl who ask me how far along I'm. I googled my condition n the results were extremely depressing. Anybody with similar experience/ encouraging stories ?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 11:55pm On May 20, 2012
Smilenw: Hi ppl, congrats to new mommies and the ones who r on their way to mommyhood smiley I have a small issue sad Like I mentioned in my previous post on this thread, I was 8 weeks n 5 days based on my first scan. The hospital I visit gets a scan done on the first visit n I thought I was 7 weeks on my first visit based on my LMP but the scan showed only 5 weeks. Doc thought my cycle wasn't proper, but assured me all was well and put me on progestrone shots since I was PCOD..the scan followed after 2 weeks showed a growth of 7 weeks, but no heart beat was detected. Doc again said since there wasn't any bleeding or cramps, I shouldn't be worrying and come back for a repeat scan in 2 weeks. The repeat scan did show a heart beat, but once again growth is just 7 weeks plus, instead of the expected 9 weeks sad the woman who did the scan and my doc thinks there is nothing wrong as long as I don't have any bleeding and the baby has a heart beat. Infact they say girls develop very slowly at times Though itz not my first pregnancy, this is something new to me. My nausea has also disappeared.. sad I really don't know what to tell ppl who ask me how far along I'm. I googled my condition n the results were extremely depressing. Anybody with similar experience/ encouraging stories ?

please dont worry mommy, i know google will scare you to no end. stuff about IUGR etc. look i dont see any cause for alarm oooo. all seems fine with the baby, in early pregnancy usually before 18 weeks they usually say give and take 2 weeks, so what you are describing sounds fine to me. Dont wory please if you are concerned about the baby development take an hcg test to make sure the levels are doubeling every 2 days, if they are then please stop worrying and enjoy your pregnancy.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweettweet: 8:05am On May 21, 2012
congrats luvlee. may god bless u and ur LO.
@recruitment. God will c u thru thhis period, and u'll come out rejoicing.
@diamondlove, keep holding on. God will surely c u tru.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Luvlee(f): 8:42am On May 21, 2012
Thanks evry1. My lo hasn't allowed me sleep, she is so sucking.. Motherhood is not all a bed of roses as I thought it is really hard work bt funny enough am enjoyin myself.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mogbomoya: 12:06pm On May 21, 2012
@Luvlee, congrats dear.
@smilenw, I think you & ur baby are doing just fine. My baby keeps measuring 2 weeks behind at scan . At my 6 weeks scan, no gestation sac was seen! Infact the Dr. said I shld get ready for evacuation. But I held on to my confession. At my 7 weeks scan, a gestational scan measuring 4 weeks was seen. At my 12 weeks scan she measured 12 weeks. At my 20 weeks scan she measured 18 weeks. At my 27 weeks scan she is measuring 25 weeks, 2 days. I know its tempting to google but must of the information tht comes up are always negative! Stay positive & confess positively.
@Diamondluv, uhmmmm, I apologize ahead of time if this post comes out harsh. But I really feel like spanking you! Did you wait & cry & fast before u conceived? I can understand you crying & lamenting about how ill you are. But I wld beseech you not to question & talk to God like the way you did in ur previous post. Have an attitude of thanksgiving instead of complaint. I waited over 2 yrs before I cld conceive. It is not an experience I wld want my enemy to go thru. 2 yrs is short a time compared to how long some other pple have waited. Hundreds of women wld not mind being strapped permanently to a hospital bed with drips just for them to be in ur position.
We been redeemed from the curse of bringing forth in agony, Jesus bore all our pains and sickness. You have to believe these words in ur heart & confess them with ur mouth. (Not saying them with un-believe in ur heart) Sorry am sounding very religious, but Aigboma wld understand where I am coming from. God moved me from the thread of TTC to the thread of Pregnant. Have a grateful and thankful heart, even while throwing up or in ur weakness, still thk God for the gift of life growing in you. I wish u cld send me ur number so I can talk to you. My colleague at work has been crying since she read ur post, she actually feels like strangling you. She has been TTCing for about 6 yrs. I don't want to say more things cos am already vibrating here! PLSSSS BE STRONG AND BE THANKFUL TO GOD.

13 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 1:25pm On May 21, 2012
^^ u dont know how grateful i am but i dont even wish my enemy an iota of dis pain i am going through, its been all hell, cant eat nor drink, i still give glory to GOD all same

thanks everyone
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by recruitmnt: 2:18pm On May 21, 2012
@ mogbomoya .....true true talk!

Diamond, I soooo understand what you're going through, I went through what you're experiencing up on till 24 weeks in my 1st pregnancy and lost him after all the suffering. Please be grateful, try and try... Honestly, I know it's not easy. In this pregnancy, I've gone through so much too. I still cry almost every other day due to different reasons which include fear...but am holding on. Pele dear, it is well... It will be sooooo worth it when we hold our babies wink

Whrz avatur? grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 2:20pm On May 21, 2012
oh LORD i am very very grateful, for all YOU have done for me
i say thank YOU my Lord

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by recruitmnt: 2:22pm On May 21, 2012
^^^^ Good girl! wink
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Smilenw(f): 2:50pm On May 21, 2012
@ agiboma and mogbomoya.Thank you so much ladies. Your posts have been a huge relief to me.

Agiboma, thanks a ton dear for this thread. Love the way how each one of you inspire and support each other. Keep up the good work !
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by avatur: 3:16pm On May 21, 2012
osikhueme, sweettweet & blank thanks for the replies about maternity leave. I guess it boils down to how you're feeling. I'm thinking of going till a week before my due date, that means I'll be working the next 3 weeks. I think I can push more but my husband no go gree lol.

Blank, a cold for 4 mths? wow oh dear, please take care ehn. I pray it passes sooner than later.

recruitmnt: In hospital, on admission. Diagnoses - malaria 2+ . This is the 3rd time am treating malaria in d past 4 weeks. Trust me, mosquitoes never bite me. I drink only Eva water, I eat healthy... I dunno again cry cry. I've been vomiting. God is on the throne, I will rejoice in due time IJN

P.S. using chloroquine injection this time. I think I've grown a resistance to every other drug
My sister so sorry to hear this. It shall be well by the grace of God. He who brought you this far and through so much will see you through the end. Your testimony will be an encouragement to millions around the world, AMEN!!! But what can possibly be causing the recurrence of the malaria? that is so strange. Did the docs give you any ideas?
and thanks for the bday wishes sister smiley.

Teewai, how are you doing?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by avatur: 3:22pm On May 21, 2012
BIG Congrats to Luvlee! May that little life God has blessed you with bring you & your family great joy. Amen!

Smilenw, I second the other ladies. In regards to dates everything is just an estimate. 2 weeks off is really not a biggie especially if you're fine and not having any problems. It is well my sister.

mightlove: @avatur: i worked until the day i had my baby. My mat leave was to start on a monday, a day before my EDD, i had him on the friday prior to that monday,i.e. My last day in the office and 4 days to my EDD. I went from the office cos labour started as soon as i got to the office in the morning. It just felt like menstrual cramps and gradually increased in intensity but was very bearable compared to when i was induced. Cldnt stay so hubby took me to d hospital and on our way, my water broke, by the time i got to the hospital in the space of less than 2 hrs, i was 6cm dilated. But that was where it stopped oh. I was induced was couldnt progress so i had an emergency CS.anyway, the long and short is that God was merciful to mean and my son. I was obviously not wide enough for a first baby of his size. He weighed 4.1kg at birth.
All the while, he never engaged but i didnt understand the implication. The frequent urge to urinate that women feel towards their EDD was never experienced by me but i didnt know since i had never been there before. Anyway, make i end am for here. Let me reserve space for my next birth story, which i believe is coming soon.

This one na birth story 2 years after, lol. Make una no mind me oh.
Lol. 2 years is not old oh lol. Thanks for sharing your labor story. Its so interesting how every woman's own is different.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by avatur: 3:45pm On May 21, 2012
eeyaa Diamondlove getting some tough love from the sisters smiley. mogbomoya thanks for providing some perspective to us all. To be honest, that thought was one that helped me push thru my own MS pain. And even now with all the pain & discomfort, I read/listen to the stories of ladies like recruitmnt and I just shut up and remember that other ppl are going thru much worse and to just be thankful.
Diamondlove, my sister, this too shall pass! Many of us have been there and can testify to that. This temporary 'suffering' is preparing us to be strong mothers. I honestly believe going thru all that pain has made me a better & stronger person - especially mentally. Remember trials come to make us strong.

Agiboma, how body now? Glad all is well at the clinic.

As for me, I'm doing fine. Darn near impossible to walk or even turn over in bed because the baby's head is down and pressing against my bone there. Its way more painful than I think any other symptom so far. I shed a bit of tears last night of joy & pain lol, the baby was moving SO MUCH! 36wks+ and its still finding room to twist & turn and kick every single organ I have lol. Issall good though...few more weeks smiley

And to all my sisters/mothers-to-be, May God bless and keep us all by His Grace! Amen and amen!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mogbomoya: 4:07pm On May 21, 2012
@IB & Oknee, where art thou? Are ur LO's out?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Luvlee(f): 5:01pm On May 21, 2012
Am just enjoying my lo, thanks all and a big amen to all ur prayers..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 6:48pm On May 21, 2012
Luvlee, I want to see baby pictures ooo If u are on bb, add me pin:21069534
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 10:06pm On May 21, 2012
mogbomoya: @Luvlee, congrats dear.
@smilenw, I think you & ur baby are doing just fine. My baby keeps measuring 2 weeks behind at scan . At my 6 weeks scan, no gestation sac was seen! Infact the Dr. said I shld get ready for evacuation. But I held on to my confession. At my 7 weeks scan, a gestational scan measuring 4 weeks was seen. At my 12 weeks scan she measured 12 weeks. At my 20 weeks scan she measured 18 weeks. At my 27 weeks scan she is measuring 25 weeks, 2 days. I know its tempting to google but must of the information tht comes up are always negative! Stay positive & confess positively.
@Diamondluv, uhmmmm, I apologize ahead of time if this post comes out harsh. But I really feel like spanking you! Did you wait & cry & fast before u conceived? I can understand you crying & lamenting about how ill you are. But I wld beseech you not to question & talk to God like the way you did in ur previous post. Have an attitude of thanksgiving instead of complaint. I waited over 2 yrs before I cld conceive. It is not an experience I wld want my enemy to go thru. 2 yrs is short a time compared to how long some other pple have waited. Hundreds of women wld not mind being strapped permanently to a hospital bed with drips just for them to be in ur position.
We been redeemed from the curse of bringing forth in agony, Jesus bore all our pains and sickness. You have to believe these words in ur heart & confess them with ur mouth. (Not saying them with un-believe in ur heart) Sorry am sounding very religious, but Aigboma wld understand where I am coming from. God moved me from the thread of TTC to the thread of Pregnant. Have a grateful and thankful heart, even while throwing up or in ur weakness, still thk God for the gift of life growing in you. I wish u cld send me ur number so I can talk to you. My colleague at work has been crying since she read ur post, she actually feels like strangling you. She has been TTCing for about 6 yrs. I don't want to say more things cos am already vibrating here! PLSSSS BE STRONG AND BE THANKFUL TO GOD.

Wow maybe im just emotional tonight, but your posy made me cry. I wept because i know your struggle on ttc and so many other women out their looking for the breakthrough. My heart can only go out to them as i was once in their shoe's. I can also understand where diamond is coming from expereincing a difficult pregnancy, one that has put her in the hospital, i know high risk and complicated pregnancies all to well. I said previously my last pregnancy with my son had me in the hospital for months battleing pre eclamsia, which was incredibly scary. I like diamond asked g-d why me after all these years why cant i have 9 months of bliss and no worry. But that was not my portion and i accepted it. I began to pray for g-d to see me and my son through safely.
@ Diamond pray a new prayer, thank g-d for the fruit of teh womb, as him to stenghten you so you can indure. You may find the energy in this pregnancy shift to you starting to fell different and ok.
@recruitment my sister i have you in my thoughts everyday,i am sending you and LO positive energy i cant wait to read your testimony.
@dudugirl how is little mommy doing
mogbomoya: @IB & Oknee, where art thou? Are ur LO's out?
thats what am saying what happen to these fine ladies
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pamperme: 10:27pm On May 21, 2012
Congrats Luvlee. Get ready for sleepless nites like me grin

@diamondlove, hang in there darling. I have u in my prayers
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jaydude(f): 7:29am On May 22, 2012
Please can sumone recommend a good gynaecologist in lagos for me pls...I have issues and I need a specialist..thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Igosun: 8:36am On May 22, 2012
Good morning my sisters do you know how am feeling now.......like is shd go and remove my pant but for God sake am in the office i wore loose pant before i left house this morning but everything is kind off now and am still at 33weeks not that an due you know.

O ga

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.