Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Catholic Purgatory: An Absolute Insult To Jesus Christ! - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Purgatory: An Absolute Insult To Jesus Christ! (8637 Views)

Is Purgatory In The Bible? / 5 Birthday Gift You Must Present To Jesus Christ Today. / Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Purgatory: An Absolute Insult To Jesus Christ! by knowledge4(m): 10:45am On Apr 17, 2012
The Catholics too are a false Christian group that have too many distorted versions of the true doctrines of the Bible. There are at least 30 of them but i will state three of the false doctrines here

1)The Catholics believe that there is a place called Purgatory after death,which exists for the expiation of the venial sins of believers. That the souls detained in Purgatory can be helped by the suffrages of the Catholic faithful (Creed of Pope Pius IV.Art 6)
That the souls that will go to Purgatory are those who ''depart with venial sins or that have not fully paid the debt of temporal punishment...''(The Cathechism 107)
The Bible refuttal is in 1 John 1:7,John1:29,Acts 4:12 which affirms very clearly that there is only one mode of expiation which is by the Blood of Jesus Christ.

2)The Catholics believe that some sins do not deserve the wrath of God.They claim that such sins are venial sins and do not incur spiritual death to the soul.their examples of ''venial sins'' include lying and stealing small things.(Dens Theologia,tom 1&e Peccatis No.154)
The Bible states that every sin deserves the wrath of God(Romans 6:23)(Gal 3:10)(Ezekiel 18:20)
Revelation 21:8 states that all liars will have their part in the lake of fire

3)The Catholics believe that the Church of Rome is infallible,that ''the Pope cannot err and is infallible in defining matters of faith and morals...''.The dogma of Papal infallibility was defined at the Vatican Council which states that anyone contradicting this is a heretic.(Pope Pius X Compedium)(Cathechism of the Council of Trent,Ques Xvii,Part 1,p.100.

The Bible states that no person or church on earth is infallible.(Ezekiel 7:26)(Isaiah 56:10)(Acts 20:29-30)(1Tim4:12)(Matthew 15:14)(2 Thess 2:3-4)

Submission: The Catholics are a false christian sect which doctrines are at variance with the doctrines of the true christian faith.If any Catholic can dispute the facts above with solidly grounded and undeniable facts devoid of sentiments,you are welcome.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Purgatory: An Absolute Insult To Jesus Christ! by italo: 9:47am On Apr 20, 2012
knowledge4: The Catholics too are a false Christian group that have too many distorted versions of the true doctrines of the Bible. There are at least 30 of them but i will state three of the false doctrines here

1)The Catholics believe that there is a place called Purgatory after death,which exists for the expiation of the venial sins of believers. That the souls detained in Purgatory can be helped by the suffrages of the Catholic faithful (Creed of Pope Pius IV.Art 6)
That the souls that will go to Purgatory are those who ''depart with venial sins or that have not fully paid the debt of temporal punishment...''(The Cathechism 107)
The Bible refuttal is in 1 John 1:7,John1:29,Acts 4:12 which affirms very clearly that there is only one mode of expiation which is by the Blood of Jesus Christ.

2)The Catholics believe that some sins do not deserve the wrath of God.They claim that such sins are venial sins and do not incur spiritual death to the soul.their examples of ''venial sins'' include lying and stealing small things.(Dens Theologia,tom 1&e Peccatis No.154)
The Bible states that every sin deserves the wrath of God(Romans 6:23)(Gal 3:10)(Ezekiel 18:20)

3)The Catholics believe that the Church of Rome is infallible,that ''the Pope cannot err and is infallible in defining matters of faith and morals...''.The dogma of Papal infallibility was defined at the Vatican Council which states that anyone contradicting this is a heretic.(Pope Pius X Compedium)(Cathechism of the Council of Trent,Ques Xvii,Part 1,p.100.

The Bible states that no person or church on earth is infallible.(Ezekiel 7:26)(Isaiah 56:10)(Acts 20:29-30)(1Tim4:12)(Matthew 15:14)(2 Thess 2:3-4)

Submission: The Catholics are a false christian sect which doctrines are at variance with the doctrines of the true christian faith.If any Catholic can dispute the facts above with solidly grounded and undeniable facts devoid of sentiments,you are welcome.

Let us first-of-all handle your point 3, which I think is key to answering everything.

Do you think there is a possibility that The Catholic Church may be right and you may be wrong on these topics?

If your answer is "YES", then (as they claim) they might be truly infallible in their teachings based on their interpretation of the Bible. And you might well be a heretic and on your to hell with anyone else who refutes their claims despite knowing them to be true.

If your answer is "NO", then you are yourself asserting that your own teachings (from your interpretation of the Bible) are infallible.

What is your answer?
Re: Catholic Purgatory: An Absolute Insult To Jesus Christ! by JohnnieZM(m): 5:34pm On Apr 29, 2012
knowledge4: The Catholics too are a false Christian group that have too many distorted versions of the true doctrines of the Bible. There are at least 30 of them but i will state three of the false doctrines here

My guy trust me they will dispute it all with any means possible...I'd tried telling everyone of them who cares to listen but they called me Anti-Christ and that I lied about being an Ex-Catholic. Nice job by the way. God will increase His knowledge in you.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Purgatory: An Absolute Insult To Jesus Christ! by italo: 10:28pm On Apr 29, 2012
Johnnie ZM:
My guy trust me they will dispute it all with any means possible...I'd tried telling everyone of them who cares to listen but they called me Anti-Christ and that I lied about being an Ex-Catholic. Nice job by the way. God will increase His knowledge in you.
italo:

Let us first-of-all handle his point 3, which I think is key to answering everything.

Do you think there is a possibility that The Catholic Church may be right and he may be wrong on these topics?

If your answer is "YES", then (as they claim) they might be truly infallible in their teachings based on their interpretation of the Bible. And you and him might well be heretics and on your way to hell with anyone else who refutes their claims despite knowing them to be true.

If your answer is "NO", then you are yourself asserting that his teachings (from his interpretation of the Bible) are infallible.

What is your answer?
Re: Catholic Purgatory: An Absolute Insult To Jesus Christ! by Pygru: 10:30am On Sep 14, 2013
alexleo: That catholic teaching is nonsense and from the pit of hell. quite a pity a lot of them are burning in hell including their pope because of this nonsense and useless teaching. It is a height of foolishness for somebody to believe that after spending several years on earth without being born again he will then receive some kind of pardon when he dies. the bible have told us that it is appointed once for a man to die, after that judgement. Catholics are messing up. They think God is like Nigerian government where you manipulate your way through. Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Purgatory: An Absolute Insult To Jesus Christ! by chikids(m): 10:39am On Dec 25, 2015
chukwudi44:
@frosbel
I will give u d same reply I gave to Johniezm

My dear friend purgatory exists and it is implied in several bible passages.
In 1 pet 3:19 it is called prison.Souls of some of those who perished in Noah's flood where kept in dis prison till the time Jesus died when He came 2 preach 2 them as clearly indicated in 1 pet 3:19-21,1 pet 4:6

U will also find inferences like in 1 cor 15:29,2cor 1:18 and 1 john 5:17 where prayers and baptism for the dead were encouraged as u can see st Paul praying for mercy for his dead friend Onesiphorous

Purgatory DOES NOT exist. If truly it exist, why should God send Jesus to suffer in the hands sinful mere human and die for the sins of the world. If purgatory exist, why should God warn humans to live an upright life. If again that you can pray for dead, that means the coming of Christ is of no importance(God forbid). If you can pray for the dead, nobody will want to live a righteous life since when he dies; the people he/she left behind will pray them to heaven and hell fire won't be in existence. Your Bible references are all out of context cos you are looking for what to use to justify your sinful life style. Repent now so that God can have mercy on you. Most Catholics have refused to repent cos they believe that when they died, they end up in purgatory and their family people will pray them into heaven- yeye dey smell- That doctrine called "purgatory" is soley from the pit of hell. The Bible said- " there is a way that seemth right unto a man but the end thereof are the ways of death". Be wise and let him that have ear, hear what the spirit is saying. Thanks
Re: Catholic Purgatory: An Absolute Insult To Jesus Christ! by analice107: 8:57pm On Dec 27, 2015
Adaeze003:
I only brought up a point stated clearly in the bible and instead of answering the question i asked you peeps are babbling. Lol. You know what? Why don't we all focus on Jesus and follow him instead of telling people where to worship? I mean who r u to tell what belief is an insult to Jesus? I've noticed that what some protestants do these days is to say come to my church instead of to say 'follow Jesus' is this right?? Even when they know you are a Christian. What is your own definition of Christianity? Will the fact that you are not a catholic take you to heaven?? Lets focus on what us important and recruit people for Jesus and not for church. I rest my case!

Dear, Pentecostals are trying to help you. Catholics are not Christians. They are Catholics.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mfm (mountain Of Fraud And Madness) / Why Atheist Are Always Found On Religion Section / 13flaws Of Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.