Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,916 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Have You Ever Been In A Long Distance Relationship? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Ever Been In A Long Distance Relationship? (7528 Views)

Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? / Signs That Your Long Distance Relationship Is Fading / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been In A Long Distance Relationship? by Exponental(m): 6:18pm On Apr 05, 2012
Long distance is no crime but dis is a blind relationship.
Giving a gift is not bad but dont be a MAGA.
Above all, be happy!
Re: Have You Ever Been In A Long Distance Relationship? by MGinfomarketer: 6:33pm On Apr 05, 2012
Sincerely,how serious is this your relationship.Does she have the same feeling you have for her towards you.If you think that there is a future in this for you and you have pray about it and you have a strong conviction from the Lord for her and it's love that is driven you and not lust,you can go ahead with it.Moreso you are bound to meet your wife somewhere and not dropping from the sky.
Re: Have You Ever Been In A Long Distance Relationship? by kelz88(f): 6:35pm On Apr 05, 2012
Your relationship sounds like a joke.
Re: Have You Ever Been In A Long Distance Relationship? by donlet(m): 7:54pm On Apr 05, 2012
you are bound to meet your wife in some place but marriage is one thing falling in love is another. Long distance relation is very technical, you have to trust your partner and at the same time be vigilant. Try to be good and nice to her family members if she is staying with them cos they will speak for you any time she wants to misbehave. Anyway good luck.
Re: Have You Ever Been In A Long Distance Relationship? by MeGaStReEt: 9:10pm On Apr 05, 2012
Mugu
Re: Have You Ever Been In A Long Distance Relationship? by pendusky(m): 9:32pm On Apr 05, 2012
hehehe, guy watch ur back!
Re: Have You Ever Been In A Long Distance Relationship? by hamsky: 10:54pm On Apr 05, 2012
[size=20pt] Sincerely speaking mate distance relationships hardly work out. One piece of advice mate never send gifts to someone you haven't met in person most especially the ones you meet on FACEBOOK cos if u do "You b Maga!"[/size]
Re: Have You Ever Been In A Long Distance Relationship? by Thereishel: 12:06am On Apr 06, 2012
[color=#990000]Sincerely speaking mate distance relationships hardly work out. One piece of advice mate never send gifts to someone you haven't met in person most especially the ones you meet on FACEBOOK cos if u do "You b Maga!"

You said it all! I am telling u frm exprience, never, never, never send a gift to someone u never meet b/4. Even if you have talked on phone with her. Many ppl on f/b are fakes. You may be chatting with a man with the pix of a lady on his profile; otherwise, u may be speaking to a girlfriend of another man who is setting u up. Be careful, i am based in USA and have exprienced this. Nigeria we hail thee!
Re: Have You Ever Been In A Long Distance Relationship? by Raxxye(m): 2:48am On Apr 06, 2012
Lexusgs430:

Either you meet her on Facebook,twitter,my space,Google +,on the street, @ the church, @ the mosque, supermarket, work,gym,in traffic,@ the bus stop, college, university, bank,club,nairaland, eatery, hospital,etc etc etc
Does not mean she could not make a good wife or you a good husband! You are bound to meet your future wife somewhere!!!!

Sensible post. Quite on point!
Re: Have You Ever Been In A Long Distance Relationship? by SuyaEater(m): 5:43am On Apr 06, 2012
Thereishel: [color=#990000]Sincerely speaking mate distance relationships hardly work out. One piece of advice mate never send gifts to someone you haven't met in person most especially the ones you meet on FACEBOOK cos if u do "You b Maga!"

You said it all! I am telling u frm exprience, never, never, never send a gift to someone u never meet b/4. Even if you have talked on phone with her. Many ppl on f/b are fakes. You may be chatting with a man with the pix of a lady on his profile; otherwise, u may be speaking to a girlfriend of another man who is setting u up. Be careful, i am based in USA and have exprienced this. Nigeria we hail thee!

This is a girl have not only talked to on facebook but also on webcam, so i am not a mugu ..i wasnt born yesterday... her phone is broken so sending a phone is not really big deal to me...she never asked me for money or anything...i was the one that ask her if i can send her phone ..she said if i had the money for it if not i shouldnt worry myself...
Re: Have You Ever Been In A Long Distance Relationship? by Rebsy(f): 8:32am On Apr 06, 2012
Follow ur heart dear. At times, we find love even @ d wrong places bt I dnt blv facebook is one. U have a good heart! If its telling u 2 do it, just do it n it @ d end she turns out 2 be fake (God forbid though), @least u've done d greatest thing on earth; loving someone! Wish u best of luck n all d happiness in d world!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been In A Long Distance Relationship? by ujchief(m): 8:44am On Apr 06, 2012
this isnt just a distance relatnship, this is also a blind date!
rokiatu: I can not fall in love with someone I haven't seen or interact with.

Talking on the net/phone and actually meeting face to face are two different things.
so true. Comunication can bridge the gap, but physical interaction binds people together.
Op, it could have been a diferent case if u two were dating b4 u travelled, but from ur post, this is a blind, deaf and dumb relatnship.
Just my opinion!
Re: Have You Ever Been In A Long Distance Relationship? by deribigbe(m): 8:47am On Apr 06, 2012
I go love o! Pls if know u av d capability of getting d fone go ahead, givers never lack
Re: Have You Ever Been In A Long Distance Relationship? by babwilms(m): 8:57am On Apr 06, 2012
Guy dont fall in love with her yet o. I have been involve in this distance relationship before twice and trust me it is not worth it. It is a waste of time, energy, money and investment. Then i was in Uk they were both in Nigeria, i use to come to Nigeria twice a year in order to sustain the relationship but the both messed up.

So guy dont commit urself on this chick, unless u are ready to come and stay in nigeria. They are not worth it.
Re: Have You Ever Been In A Long Distance Relationship? by cynthiafred67(f): 9:30am On Apr 06, 2012
Lexusgs430:

Either you meet her on Facebook,twitter,my space,Google +,on the street, @ the church, @ the mosque, supermarket, work,gym,in traffic,@ the bus stop, college, university, bank,club,nairaland, eatery, hospital,etc etc etc
Does not mean she could not make a good wife or you a good husband! You are bound to meet your future wife somewhere!!!!

I love this answer

@op follow your heart.
Re: Have You Ever Been In A Long Distance Relationship? by ewomagracious(m): 9:33am On Apr 06, 2012
Lexusgs430:

Re: Have You Ever Been In A Long Distance Relationship? by amber222(f): 10:39am On Apr 06, 2012
@poster,not a good idea becos d person u're interactg wth might be a man playing u and using somebody else pics.even if d person talk 2 u on d phone,he may fake d voice.becareful and don't fall into ds facebook fake luv affair.
U nairalanders i'm sure most of u are immature habitants.if u don't hv a reasonable comments on any posts on nairaland,don't comments on it rather than say trash.u all shld grow up
Re: Have You Ever Been In A Long Distance Relationship? by Sike(m): 10:53am On Apr 06, 2012
And this found its way to the front page?? Na wa oh
Re: Have You Ever Been In A Long Distance Relationship? by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 10:54am On Apr 06, 2012
rokiatu: I can not fall in love with someone I haven't seen or interact with.

Talking on the net/phone and actually meeting face to face are two different things.
you may think so....but when you start talking for almost a year everyday and his hot text messages waking you up and sending you to bed each night...with a lot of calls...you can then conclude maybe is possible or not...
Re: Have You Ever Been In A Long Distance Relationship? by ifihearam: 12:42pm On Apr 06, 2012
So no babe dey ur lagos again yu fit runs,instead of sending her phone,why not send her money to come pay yu a visit so yu can get to knw her bera.
Re: Have You Ever Been In A Long Distance Relationship? by emmaBS(m): 1:59pm On Apr 06, 2012
Experience will teach you poster. Only 1 out of such 1000 relationships work. U might be lucky sha.
Re: Have You Ever Been In A Long Distance Relationship? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 06, 2012
AYODEJI4LOVE: you may think so....but when you start talking for almost a year everyday and his hot text messages waking you up and sending you to bed each night...with a lot of calls...you can then conclude maybe is possible or not...

To each his own, not even threee years of doing that will make me trust him. Sendinng text messages, calling, and been all lovey dovey while ur partner is away, is pretty much easy to do. I mean is so easy to act sweet and all romantic, esp if the other person is not seeing you/ur actions getting into character is pretty much easy.

Don't get me wrong, I have been in a long distance relationship before, and believe it or not, mine worked out. I even ended up marrying him. But he was already my bf of many yrs and not just someone I met of the internet.

P.S I am not saying that stuff like this don't work, but I wouldn't get myself involved in one.
Re: Have You Ever Been In A Long Distance Relationship? by kelz88(f): 5:07pm On Apr 06, 2012
So Rokiatu is married? shocked
Re: Have You Ever Been In A Long Distance Relationship? by cyntlating(f): 8:37pm On Apr 06, 2012
U kw u r in a serious r/ship,u wanna buy her a bb y telling us,irrespective of where u guys met whether u'v seen or nt,u r already intimate .u didt inform d house b4 u entered into d r/ship jst because u wanna part wit common bb u r blowing ur trumpet.
I dot like guys who kiss n tell .u r jst one of such.wat is bb 4 hw much?
It may interest u to kw dat am into a distance r/ship its no big deal if u v trust n communication is constant,u dot need d house to spur u to buy a common cheap over hyped bb 4 someone u r intimate wit jst because she's far frm u.....grow up
Re: Have You Ever Been In A Long Distance Relationship? by brainchild78(m): 10:49pm On Apr 06, 2012
there are no rules or set standard to love and relationships distant or in close proximity. However, it is important to ensure that love is equally shared by both parties concerned.
Re: Have You Ever Been In A Long Distance Relationship? by SuyaEater(m): 2:53am On Apr 07, 2012
cyntlating: U kw u r in a serious r/ship,u wanna buy her a bb y telling us,irrespective of where u guys met whether u'v seen or nt,u r already intimate .u didt inform d house b4 u entered into d r/ship jst because u wanna part wit common bb u r blowing ur trumpet.
I dot like guys who kiss n tell .u r jst one of such.wat is bb 4 hw much?
It may interest u to kw dat am into a distance r/ship its no big deal if u v trust n communication is constant,u dot need d house to spur u to buy a common cheap over hyped bb 4 someone u r intimate wit jst because she's far frm u.....grow up

Abeg relax....i was just seeking advice...my goodness naija people self una too much...i have received alot of encouraging posts here and i just laugh at the negative haters tongue
Re: Have You Ever Been In A Long Distance Relationship? by SuyaEater(m): 2:53am On Apr 07, 2012
brainchild78: there are no rules or set standard to love and relationships distant or in close proximity. However, it is important to ensure that love is equally shared by both parties concerned.

Thanks... definitely.
Re: Have You Ever Been In A Long Distance Relationship? by wolexojo(m): 5:52am On Apr 07, 2012
LWKMD! Is this about the LDR or the phone u wanna buy for her? @poster follow ur heart o! Cos nothing is wrong about LDR or giving out a phone!
Re: Have You Ever Been In A Long Distance Relationship? by Ajax1211: 7:14am On Apr 07, 2012
He wants to send a blackberry to a girl he has not met before and he is also talking about marraige. He sounds like a 14 year old boy.
Re: Have You Ever Been In A Long Distance Relationship? by SuyaEater(m): 1:15pm On Apr 07, 2012
Ajax1211: He wants to send a blackberry to a girl he has not met before and he is also talking about marraige. He sounds like a 14 year old boy.

you are what is wrong with nigerians, idiot...i gave her the phone as a gift....she didnt ask for it...
Re: Have You Ever Been In A Long Distance Relationship? by mirob(f): 1:41pm On Apr 07, 2012
[quote author=Lexusgs430]

Does not mean she could not make a good wife or you a good husband! You are bound to meet your future wife somewhere!!!! [/quote

This is true talk, you can meet your wife anywhere, it is the individual that matters ₪☺τ̅ where you met him.
Re: Have You Ever Been In A Long Distance Relationship? by banky1987(m): 12:11pm On Apr 08, 2012
I really salute your courage for sampling peoples oppinion first... Havnt said that I want to call your attention to the fact that few of internet dating or long distance relationship ended up in what you both dream of, and you have to becareful in investing so much in someone you've not seen most especially she's a calabar girl, she has friends even if she has good intention they might push her...how long have you guys met and instead of sending her BB why don't you consider asking her to come to Lagos or you go to Calabar that will show the level of seriousness, am sure she will want to get the BB first and after she won't show up giving all sorth of flimpsy excuses. Is not advisable you begin to invest in such relationship...just jave a rethink and don't become a victim. Good luck.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

For Men Alone: 8 Things Thatmake Women Beg For S Ex / Women Don't Care About Your Struggle. / MEN!! This Photo Explains Why MARRIAGE Should Be The LAST Thing On Your Mind!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.