Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,594 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation - Jobs/Vacancies (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation (148065 Views)

Shell Nigeria Madness / Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment Programme 2013 / Graduate Careers In Shell Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by EasyT: 7:15pm On Apr 27, 2009
Hi my people.Greetings to you all.

I always look 4wd to opening this thread and get really excited when there's a new post.Its a great thread.
One of the most beautiful things I've ever read on this thread is Godeagle saying he never prayed to get into Shell but for God's will to be done.Wow.Thats the spirit my bro/sis.God certainly knows whats best for us and He will bring it to us in due season.

As regards the application status thing,I've been checking mine before I did my SRD.It was shortlisted.It changed to Final Assessment after my SRD.But I've decided to ignore all sorts of speculation and wait for Shell's official mail to me.no matter how long it takes.

Welcome back,opensesame.U seem to always take the weekends off the page.Abi as u no dey office for weekend,no access to free browsing(just joking!)It is well.Ofcourse I know you didn't/cannot/must not get the regret mail.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Anniwil(m): 7:23pm On Apr 27, 2009
[/Girlrachy,from d depth of my heart congratulations!
Please tell us something more,where did u do ur SRD? Where will u do ur medicals? Do you know anyone who has been invited 4 medicals too?
4 those who want 2 know how much Shell pays,I just confirmed 4rm my man who just passed out of SITP.
Shell now pays about 430k every month.This does not include allowances that come quarterly.
Quarterly they pay about twice the normal monthly pay.
My earnest,fervent prayer is that no one in nairaland will get regret mail in JESUS name(AMEN).
My invitation 4 medicals is d next thing you will see on this thread.

quote]

Well i think i still enjoy this forum,as per the above info.I believe edoblakky's very correct/Infact at a point last yr,SITP/1 were given about 600k for security allowance seperate from their salary which was doubled at some point.I still reiterate though,that Shell is everyone's dream company.But the fact is that "Things are not really as they seem".I know someone who was in Shell SITP/2 Batch 13 which was largely community based who told me that Shell has not called any of them to resume yet,talkless of calling them for medicals.It had to get to a point where the organisation had to be taken to the  Delta State Governor for a security meeting because of their delay in calling the largely community based set to resume after successfully completing the training and interviews.The truth is Shell is not really friendly with their communities.The SITP/2 And SITP/1 usually should complement each other both at the training centre and Edjeba and at the field in operations,but to my dismay,the company doesn't do this.It continually sets up a wall between the communities and even SITP/2 and their staff.One wonders why anyway!
I am not saying this to disrupt you guys joy.I look forward to being a part of the organisation some day,but the fact is everyone who gets into this company especially their operations should usually pray everyday when at the field or even on land because they are usually the object of their host communities anger largely due to their relationship.I hope u guys that'll eventually get in will represent the change the company needs.I can tell u that there is a want of operators as the current restructuring has taken its toll on all of them and one operator does the job of at least three.U guys are not Operators and one day you will get to understand what i mean.For now go and count your bucks and become "the big BOIz" but remember that "everything rises and falls on relationship".God bless y'all,
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Osinawata2: 8:05am On Apr 28, 2009
Godeagle, Relax, as long as say u never hear from them let things flow, they will communicate everyone that come in for SRD, I pray it turns out +ve
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by EasyT: 7:46pm On Apr 28, 2009
My People.Its been a pretty quiet day at the thread.
Its quite curious that we have not heard anything from girlrachy and pradok again since they were purportedly invited for medicals.At least u guys should give us a little more details and whether or not they've done the medicals.

For the rest of us,I guess we keep hanging on.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by douecho: 11:08am On Apr 29, 2009
The house is quiet because everybody don talk the one wey de their mind finish.na only to wait now.and nothing to say while waitng.abi we wan use this time discuss Niger delta issues?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by babake2020: 3:23pm On Apr 29, 2009
All we can do is wait and pray, It's only a matter of time.

1luv
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by opensesame: 3:33pm On Apr 29, 2009
otr:

@all, dis last saturday was a great day as I attended the wedding of two of the just outgone SITPs dat got wedded to each other.
awww. That's so sweet! otr, it seems you know quite a lot of the last batch folks. By the grace of God, we will soon be one of them. Mos def!!

Godeagle:

When I went for the SRD, I didn't pray to get into Shell; I prayed for God's will to be done.

Word!!!!

EasyT:

Welcome back,opensesame.U seem to always take the weekends off the page.Abi as u no dey office for weekend,no access to free browsing(just joking!)
grin grin grin
Actually, you are partially right. I no get internet 4 house o. Another reason is that I'm usually too tired to go to a cybercafe after the week's stress (traffic and all) so I just use that chance to take a break from the internet and computers as a whole.

EasyT:

Ofcourse I know you didn't/cannot/must not get the regret mail.
Thanks a lot man. Same to everyone on this thread. We'll definitely meet there.

douecho:

The house is quiet because everybody don talk the one wey de their mind finish.na only to wait now.and nothing to say while waitng.abi we wan use this time discuss Niger delta issues?
Anythin wey we wan talk to keep this thread alive, we go talk, abi?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by opensesame: 3:40pm On Apr 29, 2009
Speaking of which, sorry for taking us back, but does anyone know how many people did the test!
I have always wondered, partly due to plain curiosity and partly to REALLY APPRECIATE God's blessing in my life (not that I don't over-appreciate him of course).
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by babake2020: 3:51pm On Apr 29, 2009
opensesame:

Speaking of which, sorry for taking us back, but does anyone know how many people did the test!
I have always wondered, partly due to plain curiosity and partly to REALLY APPRECIATE God's blessing in my life (not that I don't over-appreciate him of course).

If you consider the fact that the test was written in at least 3 centres. Also, it took at least 3 days per center for the conduct of the test, I would estimate that at least about 4500 people wrote the shell test. I guess a lot of people did the SRD too, i'd estimate 600 or thereabout,

My problem however is how many people do they want to take, I heard that 80 engineers were taken last year. I dont know how many non engineers,

1luv
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by opensesame: 4:19pm On Apr 29, 2009
Hey Babake,

em. . . 4500? I dunno, I think they were a lot more sha.

And according to Ranbaxy (a guy from the last set), they were 95, (12 Geologists, 81 Engineers, 1 Maths grad and 1 Physics grad.)
I'm usually not bothered about the number of people they want to take because I believe that even if they want to take only 20, our names go join!!!
So, dude, claim it o!!!!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by babake2020: 4:35pm On Apr 29, 2009
quote author=opensesame link=topic=91130.msg3798581#msg3798581 date=1241018369]
--------
I'm usually not bothered about the number of people they want to take because I believe that even if they want to take only 20, our names go join!!!
So, dude, claim it o!!!!
[quote][/quote]

I CLAIM IT!!!!![
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by wumwum007(m): 4:55pm On Apr 29, 2009
Me Too, i claim it oh even if dey wan take 10 , my name go join
How's the waiting game going?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by douecho: 5:16pm On Apr 29, 2009
The waiting game don tire person now. another week don pass like dat. As e be say today na wednesday and there's no proof of medicals letters so far, I'd expect that we'll have to start looking towards next week, but we've waited this long,
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by opensesame: 5:21pm On Apr 29, 2009
my brova. e no easy, but wetin we go do now? We've waited for more than 6 months now, a few more weeks won't kill now, abi?

wumwum wots up? How is it at your end now?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by EasyT: 8:02pm On Apr 29, 2009
Hello all.
babake2020:

If you consider the fact that the test was written in at least 3 centres. Also, it took at least 3 days per center for the conduct of the test, I would estimate that at least about 4500 people wrote the shell test. I guess a lot of people did the SRD too, i'd estimate 600 or thereabout,

As regards the number of persons that wrote the test,I thing it was a lot more than 4500.Somebody told me that 16,000+ wrote the last one in 2007.I guess 2008 would have been in the same range.

I dare say girlrachy and pradok didnt get medical invite.Rather,what they got was regret mails and they decided to take this house for a joke.If it is not the case,let them come on and prove themselves on the thread.

Just keeping it real!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Osinawata2: 10:56pm On Apr 29, 2009
@Opensesame, u know say i like u shey? welcome back,
@All lets keep the spirit up, Me i know say i don enter already, if u wan know who i be wen u enter lets block at SITP Felowship
today was quit interesting on the thread,
Keep the spirit of d thread up
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by wumwum007(m): 6:38am On Apr 30, 2009
Morning all,
its good to know that we are still together,
@opensame, thanks a bunch
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Godeagle: 7:05am On Apr 30, 2009
Osina wata:

Godeagle, Relax, as long as say u never hear from them let things flow, they will communicate everyone that come in for SRD, I pray it turns out +ve
Amen, whatever it is, it is positive.

EasyT:

I dare say girlrachy and pradok didnt get medical invite.Rather,what they got was regret mails and they decided to take this house for a joke.If it is not the case,let them come on and prove themselves on the thread.

Just keeping it real!

Yeah, me too. It is possible they got the medical invite out of error on Shell's part, initially, which was later recalled.

They may have been too embarassed to tell us what happened. (Just thinking aloud)
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by IfnobGod: 9:21am On Apr 30, 2009
Guyz hw ar we doing!!!
This has been a rather quite week on d part of Shell ie no mails : Good or Bad, lets jst pray its d quite b4 the +ve storm.
@osinawata hw far with d latest inside info, plz try n get some so dat dese capillaries on my head can b plugged, cos its not funny anymore

@others lets keep praying dat next week, der'll b a Rain of Medical IVs in dis house in Jesus Name!!!! Amen

Cheers!!! Guyz
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Osinawata2: 9:37am On Apr 30, 2009
2Godeagle, I won stop to they bog my self b4 i go get high BP
any time they send me mail 4 medicals gooooooooooooooooooooood oooooooooooooooooooohhhhh
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by douecho: 9:59am On Apr 30, 2009
How man go do before?Meanwhile,where all them Robbielex and co?no body just see their brake lights, The SITP people are on a 7 week leave now abi?or so I hear at least.but I dont know bout the finance people.
Osinawata,as e b say na u de get all d info, u know where dem de?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by opensesame: 10:01am On Apr 30, 2009
Hey guys! How's the morning going?

Me I'm looking forward to another long weekend.

EasyT:

As regards the number of persons that wrote the test,I thing it was a lot more than 4500.Somebody told me that 16,000+ wrote the last one in 2007.I guess 2008 would have been in the same range.

hmm. I was thinkin the same too. Whao! That's quite a number.

Godeagle:

It is possible they got the medical invite out of error on Shell's part, initially, which was later recalled.
They may have been too embarassed to tell us what happened. (Just thinking aloud)

Hmm. That's true. Coulda been the case. You know, I was (& still am)just so disappointed that they could do that, esp girlrachy. But, with this point of view, I'm sure I can say, on behalf of the house, we will completely 4give them if they just come back and explain things.

Osina wata:

@Opensesame, u know say i like u shey? welcome back,
@All lets keep the spirit up, Me i know say i don enter already, if u wan know who i be wen u enter lets block at SITP Felowship

Osina wata puru oganranya of the whoooooole nairaland grin grin . Thanks man. That's the spirit I'm talkin about. SITP Fellowship abi? Lets gooooo there!!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by opensesame: 10:07am On Apr 30, 2009
@douecho.
Wot's up now? That's true o! Where is Ranbaxy and co. At this time, it would be really nice to have them bigger boys around, you know? While we are waiting, they could give us SITP gist. Wait, otr you get connection for that side now, abi. Oya, sharp sharp fish them out jare. . . lol!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by jibzgal: 11:01am On Apr 30, 2009
hi everyone,

howz d waiting going? pls does anyone know d period between the medicals and commencement of SITP? Got plans to make, don't u think?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Osinawata2: 11:14am On Apr 30, 2009
@Opensesame, I no know say u get the complete load down of my name, buru ogalaya, the space no reach me write am in full. tanx bro
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by opensesame: 11:49am On Apr 30, 2009
Osina wata:

@Opensesame, I no know say u get the complete load down of my name, buru ogalaya, the space no reach me write am in full. tanx bro

See as i con murder your name!! grin No vex jare
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by EasyT: 11:55am On Apr 30, 2009
Let me help opensesame to welcome jibzgal to d thread. It seems another week has gone by without positive news considering that 2moro is a public holiday. But we can only look 4wd to another week with great expectation.Dm
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Cheksa: 12:25pm On Apr 30, 2009
Hello house,
Any authentic news about medicals yet?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by opensesame: 12:29pm On Apr 30, 2009
EasyT:

Let me help opensesame to welcome jibzgal to d thread.
grin grin grin
EasyT, You are so funny. Yeah jibzgal, welcome to the fold.
To your question;
last set, they started getting letter for meds around Jan 17 (lasted for a few weeks), Offer letters around Feb 4 and SITP started on April 1st.
That's almost 3 months from meds to Edjeba!!
Well, I have a gut feelin this time it won't take that much time. I hope it doesn't, but if it does, no sweat sha!!
Hope that answered your question, jibzgal. Where and when did u do your SRD?
Cheers
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Godeagle: 1:27pm On Apr 30, 2009
Osina wata:

2Godeagle, I won stop to they bog my self b4 i go get high BP
any time they send me mail 4 medicals gooooooooooooooooooooood oooooooooooooooooooohhhhh

yes oh, I concur

opensesame:

See as i con murder your name!! grin No vex jare

u no need to worry, opensesame, e be like say the owner of d name don first murder am.

It's actually "osina nwata buru ogaranya". Maybe the guy decided to do his remix of the name sha, (that's ok)- Like "Kevin" and "Kelvin".

No offence intended, oga osina wata. grin
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by jibzgal: 1:40pm On Apr 30, 2009
Thanx house.

My SRD was in Lagos, early this month. from the look of things, i don't think it would drag as long as last year. It's well sha. can't wait to see you guys at Edjeba o, cos we go surely meet! keep ur hopes hi.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by EasyT: 9:18pm On Apr 30, 2009
opensesame:

grin grin grin
last set, they started getting letter for meds around Jan 17 (lasted for a few weeks), Offer letters around Feb 4 and SITP started on April 1st.
That's almost 3 months from meds to Edjeba!!

Opensesame,u have done extensive research on this SRD thing o.Well'its not surprising.Somebody has already called u the master of SRD.

opensesame:

grin grin grin
Well, I have a gut feelin this time it won't take that much time. I hope it doesn't, but if it does, no sweat sha!!

I also have that gut feeling.My thought is that by next week,genuine medical IV would be sent.Then hopefully before the end of May,offer letters would be out.This is because they usually give over a month's notice before commencement of the programme to allow for resignations,relocations and other necessary personal arrangements.So,we're probably looking at July for the commencement of SITP.

Just my thoughts!

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (74) (Reply)

Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level / Police Interview Invite..let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.