Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,574 members, 7,820,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. (25109 Views)

5 Reasons Why Its More Dificult For Hot Chics To Settle Down With A Man. / When Girls Are Desperate To Get Married(pic) / Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by dazzle37(f): 1:06pm On Apr 12, 2012
Akan:

Awor akpara mmodoba ke flour mill. Ami inki diongho ke ooo. yak nka nke se ise. Ami kno mme yem awuwan grin

Akan pld don't follow this trend. ku ka uku men udongo oh. LOL
sorry my written Efik is poor
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by SANCTO: 1:15pm On Apr 12, 2012
@poster, I have almost same problem with you but mine is more laughable. Am 30, gainfully employed but am scared of talking to women. I tried once when i was in the university but got the worst embarrassment of Life. To be candid, I had only 2 pairs of trousers and three OK T shirts throughout my 2nd year in the University. When I summoned courage to talk 2 one beautiful girl then, she did not only snub me but called me lots of unprintable names. this made me to work against poverty. I focused more on my academics, graduated with first Class degree in Industrial chemistry. Am working in a place that am earning above 200k but making advances to women is very difficult to me.

Am not a virgin though,though some funs I had was initiated by some of my female visitors who always confess to my ability on bed. I need advice on how to get to my desired women without getting embarrassed.I want to get married but I don,t want arrangee marriage.

Some of my Colleagues whom am more handsome and even richer than get along with beautiful and well mannered girls but me.......... I need help please
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by toby2(m): 1:22pm On Apr 12, 2012
Let me decree, ITS WELL WIF YOU AND YOUR OWN HUSBAND WILL LOCATE YOU BEFORE THE END OF THIS YEAR IN JESUS' NAME. Work on yourself and keep prayin to God n u'll see Him in action so far you'r born again
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by maasoap(m): 1:26pm On Apr 12, 2012
ego 01: Age should not be the criteria for marriage.It should be emotional intelligence,a strong sense of responsibilty,confidence which translates been sure of yourself,the ability to be selfless(wat pple call maturity)and lastly some financial independence.

Ask yourself which are you bringing to the table at 28.How many nigerians who graduate at 25yrs really have achieved all this,how will you cater for and what will you teach your unborn children,(except you want them to go to public primary school)What will make this man respect you,and peradventure he leaves you for a younger chick at 40(happens a lot,always prepare for that) how will you fend for yourself.

If you have the answers at 28,pls go ahead and marry.If not,its wat I term "another divorce on the rocks"I suggest you prepare properly for marriage and not follow the crowd.
It is not good and advisable for anyone to go into marriage with all these negative thoughts you highlighted above. Even many broken marriages had nothing to do with financial problem in the family. Concerning pupils attending public schools, many of us really attended public schools without passing through nursery schools. What is lacking in public schools nowadays is effective monitoring like in the olden days. The salary of teachers in the public is multiples of teachers in private schools are receiving except in few cases.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by estman: 1:26pm On Apr 12, 2012
i know how much pressure your facing and the truth is that nobody wants to understand that you are really putting in ur best to settle down....i want you to know that there is no short cut to settling down in life but everything happens as God wants it to be...i will advise that you use this very period to explore the most exciting things about your life....if your not the out-going type then you must try and start going out in a more modest way.....i mean try and visit the beach alone,,,take a time to enjoy nature,,,,sea breeze,waves etc....and also develop keen interest in the Word of God...you can join the choir or better become an usher in the church....these things helps u meet people every day....and dont forget to wear smiles everyday...

Dont allow the pressure of settling down weight you down because if it does you will start getting older than your age snd that will be too bad....

I want you to know that your husband is out there searching for you too and very soon you will be happily married,,,,God is ever faithful and He will never disappoint you.

i wish you all the best.....compliments of the season

1 Like

Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by StateOfMind: 1:27pm On Apr 12, 2012
freshmoney:

Tell me the truth. Are you looking for a man or an ALREADY MADE man to settle down with ?

Let me ask you something, do you select when choosing a man? If you do, then I pity you. I am 100% sure you don't look for jobless guy, you don't look for a low-life, you are only looking for a well dressed man with a house and some cars to get married to. You think they are on Nairaland too? They're all taken my friend. grin cheesy

Why would she look out for a jobless, low-life man? Why would you pity her cos she wants to 'choose' her partner. So because she's 28, she should marry any thing that has balls that approaches her??Even these days men don't want to marry jobless women with no ambition.

Op, I'm certain you know a good advice when you see one. Quite a number of people have spoken well ;Amaka's post is one. Every one has his or her own principle\standard, but you should know when and when not to bend or compromise your standards.
DO NOT settle for less out of desperation.

1 Like

Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by bonna4u(m): 1:27pm On Apr 12, 2012
@ OP, What are you waiting for? Prophet TB Joshua is at your service. Na things like this dey make con artist chop people.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 12, 2012
maasoap: .
What makes @OP situation to be unique? What do you know about her that we don't know? Or better still, what condition can make someone be an intermediary between two people who think the next thing in their life is serious relationship and eventual marriage? If you need a related story, I'll be happy to tell you one.
Dont need please, i have seen enough craze already on nairaland
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 12, 2012
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by richkids1(m): 1:35pm On Apr 12, 2012
Pray very well so that you will not fall into the wrong hands because of your willingness to go by other people's rule.

Wait for your time
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nayah(f): 1:36pm On Apr 12, 2012
lucrecia: All my sisters have gotten married, and i am the only one left behind. Meanwhile the right time for a girl to settle down is 25yrs. My question is at my age can i still settle down? i'm desperate to settle down, but i am not in any serious relationship. what should i do?

First of all, stop pressuring yourself and there's no guideline in love! I don't hope that four friends but who tells you their marriage will be perfect? Marriage is not what people always try to showcase ( perfect couple, smiles and so on) this is a huge responsability and step in your life, and this is a serious matter you need to think about first. You need to be seriously ready (not just to do like your friends) financially and psychologically.

Don't worry I truly believe you'll find someone but don't focus too much on that or else you might do the wrong choice
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by imparable7(m): 1:41pm On Apr 12, 2012
pray to you god
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by nwanioma(f): 1:56pm On Apr 12, 2012
@poster do not be desperate, many people are in mini hells in the name of marriage, and this is certainly where desperation would land you! I feel you pain am 27 and am not married but am not worried at all. I love my job and I thank God for my family as no one even raises an eyebrow, I know with all certainty that I would find that person that I would willingly want to spend the rest of my life with. Make this belief yours and enjoy everyday. Men have a way of smelling desperate gals and I think its generally a turn off for some. So just breath and live your life to the fullest!
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by eyenCalabar(m): 2:01pm On Apr 12, 2012
SANCTO: @poster, I have almost same problem with you but mine is more laughable. Am 30, gainfully employed but am scared of talking to women. I tried once when i was in the university but got the worst embarrassment of Life. To be candid, I had only 2 pairs of trousers and three OK T shirts throughout my 2nd year in the University. When I summoned courage to talk 2 one beautiful girl then, she did not only snub me but called me lots of unprintable names. this made me to work against poverty. I focused more on my academics, graduated with first Class degree in Industrial chemistry. Am working in a place that am earning above 200k but making advances to women is very difficult to me.

Am not a virgin though,though some funs I had was initiated by some of my female visitors who always confess to my ability on bed. I need advice on how to get to my desired women without getting embarrassed.I want to get married but I don,t want arrangee marriage.

Some of my Colleagues whom am more handsome and even richer than get along with beautiful and well mannered girls but me.......... I need help please

Create your own thread man, let's deal with ur issue next. Here, we are trying to see how we can get a man for this girl.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by love4ual: 2:04pm On Apr 12, 2012
my thing is why would a girl wait till 28 b4 she starts to think about settling down....while girls of 20 are already married with kids............

i remember my neighbor in school...immidiately she turned 22yrs......she told me that she is ripe and ready to marry....b4 she she turned 23 she made her choice among the many asking her out for marriage.......she is 28 now with 3 kids........

except for guys who do not have a good job,.......men do not want to marry because as a lady u are highly educated or u are making money.....as a matter of fact that turns a lot of men off.......men want to marry because they love u and u are a wife material..........

most men in their 30's want a girl b/w 20 and 25yrs............
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Ignatio(m): 2:19pm On Apr 12, 2012
Don't be deceived that 28 is a young age. Men hardly go for women above 29. PRAY.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by blank(f): 2:29pm On Apr 12, 2012
jay bee:

Who/what is a guy man?

A guy man is someone who does not have any substance. People of bad character but with sweet tongue.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by PrettyCindy(f): 2:34pm On Apr 12, 2012
My sister please try and relax ok and be using this time to pray to God for your own husband. I would advice you cut off yourself from those unserious guys, give yourlife to christ, be positive, go out more and if you are having affairs with married men, quietly end it.
You really shouldn't be worried cos it would lead you to desperation and believe me if you blindly marry a man out of desperation and you discover your mistake after marriage, you will end up with a life full of regret and unhappiness. Don't let your mother or anyone put pressure on you. Your husband will come when he will come. Marriage is very sweet only if you marry your own husband.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by ludot(m): 2:35pm On Apr 12, 2012
My name is Dotun. I am a coach. If you want to talk more about this send me a mail at dotun@dotunolukoya.com or visit www.dotunolukoya.com
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Sweetlemon(f): 2:44pm On Apr 12, 2012
lucrecia: All my sisters have gotten married, and i am the only one left behind. Meanwhile the right time for a girl to settle down is 25yrs. My question is at my age can i still settle down? i'm desperate to settle down, but i am not in any serious relationship. what should i do?

I'm 28 yrs too, my two sisters and MOST of my friends are married with kids. I keep fantasising about my dream wedding dress (cos I'm a very fashionable gal) I also wonder whether my kids will be as cute as my sisters' BUT I'm NOT desperate! In fact, I still kick any guy who doesn't give me my due respect right in the a.s.s and outta my life! I have promised myself that the day I'm gonna walk down the asile, it will be with a guy who has good prospects, a good heart, and the fear of God. NOTHING LESS! chikena!
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Sweetlemon(f): 2:52pm On Apr 12, 2012
love4ual: my thing is why would a girl wait till 28 b4 she starts to think about settling down....while girls of 20 are already married with kids............

i remember my neighbor in school...immidiately she turned 22yrs......she told me that she is ripe and ready to marry....b4 she she turned 23 she made her choice among the many asking her out for marriage.......she is 28 now with 3 kids........

except for guys who do not have a good job,.......men do not want to marry because as a lady u are highly educated or u are making money.....as a matter of fact that turns a lot of men off.......men want to marry because they love u and u are a wife material..........

most men in their 30's want a girl b/w 20 and 25yrs............

Not everyone is lucky enough to get their wish granted as they like it and when they like it! some get it on a platter while some have to fast and pray for theirs! In the area of marriage, some women can marry just any male while some have preferences and varying standards. I wonder why some people think that ladies remain single after 28 yrs cos they all turned down eligible men when they were younger. Speaking for myself, if I had married any of the men who approached me before 25, I would have been in deep shit by now cos none of them were the kind of men I would advice anyone to marry. yeah I had one or two decent boy friends but I just wasn't lucky enough to be compartible with any of them (as per marriage).
At the end of the day, it's not everybody who marries early that remains happily married.

1 Like

Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by ogbongzky(m): 2:56pm On Apr 12, 2012
2buff: And another one. grin Karma is quite the b[i]i[/i]tch.
What were you doing since that you didn't find a correct man since your prime years (21-25)? And don't spit that BS about "there were no good men around" cuz that would just be a terrible lie. cheesy
After snobbing all the guys that said hello to you or asked you for directions, here you are now lonely and rapidly approaching menopause grin grin grin
You see yourself now? tongue

Hahahaha...you are not nice at all oo
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by jaybee3(m): 3:08pm On Apr 12, 2012
blank:

A guy man is someone who does not have any substance. People of bad character but with sweet tongue.
Thanks. much appreciated
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Winner11: 3:10pm On Apr 12, 2012
Dazzle, I think you should talk to me I need a wife desperately too. Call me on 08057810158. I am serous pls. We can meet as soon as possible.

My own Dazzle I don't know why I picked your name, I don't know you before the message was meant for the original person that stated the discussion, but somehow I when I wanted to modify my message I decided to put the name of the person that stated the discussion so I put your name since that has happened I don't want to believe its just an an accident. I will give you my facebook ID find me with Ola Wola Morris. if you feel like then send a friend request. I should be do br doing this but i want you to see my profile first. I will give you a call. I want you.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by JesChill(m): 3:15pm On Apr 12, 2012
desperate women ALWAYS end up making mistakes that they end up regretting and wishing they had stayed single in the first place.....i know a lot of such women personally....have you asked urself why you are not in a serious relationship?....maybe you chase men away with "i want to settle down now" attitude.
Just relax meet a guy you like and that likes you back and you might be suprised how things start falling into place or.......you will make a desperate choice and forever regret it....a relative got married at above 30 and she has never been happier plsss...dont ever be DESPERATE....or do u want to propose and pay a mans groom price...watch yourself dearie
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 12, 2012
naijasexy:

Ah 2Buff. That's mega mean!

@OP, hmm. We (I) would like to know exactly, what (you think) has made men elude you all this while. Please shed more light on it.
While you are at it, you might wanna answer these questions:

-Are you stuck up, proud, think that no one you've met is good enough for you?

-On a scale of 1-10, what would you rate yourself in terms of beauty?

-How educated are you? Do you have a university education?

-Is your spoken English repulsive?

-Do you appear neat or shabby?/Your demeanor in public?

-Does your religion come in your way of settling with certain people who have shown interest?

I'm just trying to find answers as to why a 28-year old is still celibate.

My dear, good men abound and they ALWAYS approach women regardless of her qualities.
She should have picked from the lot. I bet you even now, she is still being approached by men she considers to be "chewing-gum boys". grin
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by dazzle37(f): 3:25pm On Apr 12, 2012
Moderator, pls why did you hide my previous post ?

i did not write anything out of place cry cry cry cry
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by scopusng(m): 3:33pm On Apr 12, 2012
crusifis:

get a good job, make ur own money, get pregenant, and have ur own kids urself. its nt a must u get married. thanks

Get pregnant for who?
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nayah(f): 3:33pm On Apr 12, 2012
scopusng:

Get pregnant for who?
Exactly!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Any Man That Thinks He Wont Pay Bills Is A Joker / Ok / A Nairalander To Nairalanders: Please Save My Relationship With A Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.