Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. (25097 Views)

5 Reasons Why Its More Dificult For Hot Chics To Settle Down With A Man. / When Girls Are Desperate To Get Married(pic) / Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Sweetlemon(f): 8:11pm On Apr 12, 2012
2buff:

And what you are being told is that you HAVE infact encountered that man during the long journey of your life and shunned him.
If every woman in this state honestly reflects on her life, she will know this to be true.

Mr I-too-know, no I can swear I never met one like that that I was compatible with. If I did, I sure would have married him. Have you not heard anywhere that different people have different time tables in life? Some people get things without even asking for it while others have to pray and fast for theirs cos they are not so lucky. I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO REGRETS WHATSOEVER FOR NOT MARRYING ANY OF THE MEN I KNEW WHEN I WAS YOUNGER
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 12, 2012
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 12, 2012
green tea: What is happening to our young, men?

You telling me they are all the turning gay?

Terrible
[img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img]
no they ain't turning gay, they are toiling tough to qualify/meet up the basic prerequisite of our today's women. they are around and all over the streets of europe and southafrica.

@OP
28 not in a relationship but desperate to settle down. I think the solution is rapped up inside the problem.
however this is interesting, few years ago we use to hear things like 'my husband must be tall, educated, rich, handsome, working in an oil company, based abroad, driving jeep, bla bla bla.
'change, they say, is the only constant thing' by and by our girls are coming back to their senses.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by eyenCalabar(m): 8:56pm On Apr 12, 2012
Why is the moderator here hiding my post? If u don't want me to contribute to issues here, make a post and tell me why rather than hiding there and hiding my post. F**k you!õdiök önö fi utim ika-tiaba.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Apr 12, 2012
Sweetlemon:

Mr I-too-know, no I can swear I never met one like that that I was compatible with. If I did, I sure would have married him. Have you not heard anywhere that different people have different time tables in life? Some people get things without even asking for it while others have to pray and fast for theirs cos they are not so lucky. I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO REGRETS WHATSOEVER FOR NOT MARRYING ANY OF THE MEN I KNEW WHEN I WAS YOUNGER

We thank God for your life. I hope you have sha began the praying and fasting. grin
Don't mind me I'm just trolling. wink
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 12, 2012
crusifis:

get pregenant, and have ur own kids urself. its nt a must u get married. thanks

hahahaha, like magic eeh? 'one thing about someone is enough to tell a lot about him/her'
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by steve13(m): 9:43pm On Apr 12, 2012
Where is the poster?how come she is not saying any thing to any one?loads of replies yet shez not saying a thing,I think she lacks concentration,maybe that's one of the reasons,its not about starting a thread,its about following it up,with out good finishing,U̶̲̥̅̊ can never score a goal.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Sike(m): 10:28pm On Apr 12, 2012
Hairat007: sad sad don't get desperate dear.just lyk some1 said ƔoƱ я̲̣̥ε̲̣ still too young 2 get worried. D fact dat ur sisters я̲̣̥ε̲̣ all gone shld nt make ƔoƱ feel bad. After all I'm 2yrs older dan ƔoƱ я̲̣̥ε̲̣ ,d trust ♏Ƹ Ȋ̝̊̅'m not worried one bit. We still have our lives 2 live. Dear wen ever dat tot crosses ur mind, pls do ♏Ƹ a favour switch on ur radio set and dance till ƔoƱ Ca̶̲̥̅Ϟ dance no more. Dnt forget dear those who я̲̣̥ε̲̣ married wishes everyday 2 be free lyk ƔoƱ or Ȋ̝̊ wink
U go fear advice. 9ice 1
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Sike(m): 10:31pm On Apr 12, 2012
steve_101: Where is the poster?how come she is not saying any thing to any one?loads of replies yet shez not saying a thing,I think she lacks concentration,maybe that's one of the reasons,its not about starting a thread,its about following it up,with out good finishing,U̶̲̥̅̊ can never score a goal.
Yeah! Just like F.Torres cheesy
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Sike(m): 10:33pm On Apr 12, 2012
eyenCalabar: Why is the moderator here hiding my post? If u don't want me to contribute to issues here, make a post and tell me why rather than hiding there and hiding my post. F**k you!õdiök önö fi utim ika-tiaba.
No wonder your post has been hidden. I See!
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 12, 2012
No 1. problem, unemployment and harsh economy are making guys of nowadays more afraid of marriage and the ladies of today aren't helping matters by placing their marriage standards so high that they hardly see when their true husband comes around becos he didn't come in a range rover sport suv. secondly, ladies place so much responsibility on their husbands, so that young men are afraid of getting married, or want to acquire more wealth before doing so. thirdly, most girls do forget about marriage during their time of blossom, thereby turning down on so many potential suitors- some on the road, in buses, churches, birthdays, weddings, market place, etc, hoping to meet their husband at a particular place and at a particular period, hence they miss out. again, most ladies are too materialistic & are money-mongers such that they do always end up collecting material things and money, whilst abandoning their potential husband or pissing him off with their money-mongering attitudes. it is also so sad that majority of our today ladies (Nigerians) only wake up to reality once they turn 26yrs- they turn born again, start being friendly with guys, start displaying good characters, what happened when u were 25yrs & below? Finally, u still have hope, grt hope, but then answer these questions:
why do u want to settle down?
1. becos ur sisters are married?
2. becos u want to run away from family poverty?
3. becos u feel at 28yrs u shud be married?
4. becos every other girl u knw are married?
5. becos u want to hide ur shabby character under the unbrella of marriage?
6. becos u want to be a wife, a complement to a man, to assist him and build a home? to join force with him to mke an enviable home?
7. to answer mrs?

Finally, u must have sth valuable to offer to a man before u can be considered for marriage, not sex, not child-bearing, not cooking, but u must add to his life, sth that had been missing, to make a happy marriage. Goodluck and pray & be happy and get a working life to attract a deserving man.

1 Like

Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by faithlv: 10:47pm On Apr 12, 2012
Hello Dear,
My name is Faith.I will be very happy if you can write me direct to my email address at (faithzangura@ymail.com) for easy communication so that we can know each other, I will give you my pictures and details about me upon hearing from you. Waiting for your response as I wish you all the best.

Yours new friend,
Faith

please
reply to (faithzangura@ymail.com for immediate responds and not on this site for i will not always be here
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by koife(m): 11:02pm On Apr 12, 2012
luk insideout
pray
blive
n its here...d man ure waiting for....cn u see him?
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 12, 2012
Nigerian girls r turning sometin else, so arrogant, no respect to man, mention them. Until u girls begin to kno ur position/status in relationship u will continue to lament because is beta to be lonely as man than to marry jazzebel or someone that will strive to overrule a man. @ d poster just check ur xter maybe u could one d above description

2 Likes

Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Akpan107(m): 11:05pm On Apr 12, 2012
rokiatu: Damn another marriage thread, I am beginning to worry. What is happening to our young men?

You telling me they are all turning gay?
Not at all, Men are not turning gay, the broblem is that, women (ladies) of this days are like the devils. some times you cant even differentiate between the devils and some of these ladies (no offence) most of our young girls now, if you go and ask their hand in marrage... They will say is not yet time for them to settle down, after they might have finish enjoying life, that is when their eyes will now open for marrage and....
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by McMichael: 11:05pm On Apr 12, 2012
i also need sum1 to settle dwn with too..
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nobody: 11:14pm On Apr 12, 2012
Another problem is that no Nigerian girl want to grow with a guy, instead they keep fabricating lies and deceiving themselves that if u stick with a guy when he is still struggling and maybe looking for job or still nurturing his ideas and business, that once he makes it, he will kick the girl that suffered with him away, FALLACY FROM IRRESPONSIBLE LAZZY GREEDY, INSATIABLE LADIES WHO USE SUCH TALES TO JUSTIFY THEIR ILL DESPERATE ATTITUDES TOWARDS DESPERATE SEARCH FOR ALREADY-MADE MEN! Are u still waiting for an already-MADE heavenly man from paradise to marry u, buy u a car, take u to his mansion, throw a multi-million naira wedding and u guys live happily together forever? thats a romance tale, only happens in M & B romance series...so if thats y u had been single, it maybe difficult or impossible for u to find a husband, so start now to adjust and start now to change ur orientation and also implement some of the ideas giving to u here by some valuable contributors. This should also stand as a warning sign to other single girls out there, pls change your orientations for your own good. I remember a poster say here that some single ladies looking for husband, and u will see them wearing the costliest clothes, shoe, jewelry, hand bags, and carrying an exorbitant hair and also driving the latest car, pls what then do u want a man to do in ur life? there is no space for the man to come in, so men will be repelled off, cos they either see u as too exorbitant or too materialistic, which is not needed in marriage, or too spoilt to have acquired those expensive things, of course we know our economy and the environment and how some ladies do acquire some of their wealth and materials, so no man would wnt to marry such lady besides the gold-diggers and some super-rich playboys looking for fun. u have to dress smart but not exorbitant, drive good car but not an exorbitant one if u are truly searching for true and genuine man for real love & marriage. use nice gadgets but not exorbitant ones, so the man can see a void to fill, men love it. if u truly want to attract genuine suitors that will lead to an everlasting marriage, stop living super-classic life as a single-searching lady if u have, and if u dnt have, bring ur expectations low and make it realistic and reasonable, not that its not good to have high expectations, but most wealthy guys today started off as paupers or let me say majority from wretched families. so be wise, and goodluck again u have hope, just take ur time.

1 Like

Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by pdpiperpippen: 11:19pm On Apr 12, 2012
You are an old maid, marriage for you is too late grin grin
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Akpan107(m): 11:39pm On Apr 12, 2012
DailyNews: No 1. problem, unemployment and harsh economy are making guys of nowadays more afraid of marriage and the ladies of today aren't helping matters by placing their marriage standards so high that they hardly see when their true husband comes around becos he didn't come in a range rover sport suv. secondly, ladies place so much responsibility on their husbands, so that young men are afraid of getting married, or want to acquire more wealth before doing so. thirdly, most girls do forget about marriage during their time of blossom, thereby turning down on so many potential suitors- some on the road, in buses, churches, birthdays, weddings, market place, etc, hoping to meet their husband at a particular place and at a particular period, hence they miss out. again, most ladies are too materialistic & are money-mongers such that they do always end up collecting material things and money, whilst abandoning their potential husband or pissing him off with their money-mongering attitudes. it is also so sad that majority of our today ladies (Nigerians) only wake up to reality once they turn 26yrs- they turn born again, start being friendly with guys, start displaying good characters, what happened when u were 25yrs & below? Finally, u still have hope, grt hope, but then answer these questions:
6. becos u want to be a wife, a complement to a man, to assist him and build a home? to join force with him to mke an enviable home?
7. to answer mrs?

Finally, u must have sth valuable to offer to a man before u can be considered for marriage, not sex, not child-bearing, not cooking, but u must add to his life, sth that had been missing, to make a happy marriage. Goodluck and pray & be happy and get a working life to attract a deserving man.
Well said!
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Akpan107(m): 11:41pm On Apr 12, 2012
DailyNews: No 1. problem, unemployment and harsh economy are making guys of nowadays more afraid of marriage and the ladies of today aren't helping matters by placing their marriage standards so high that they hardly see when their true husband comes around becos he didn't come in a range rover sport suv. secondly, ladies place so much responsibility on their husbands, so that young men are afraid of getting married, or want to acquire more wealth before doing so. thirdly, most girls do forget about marriage during their time of blossom, thereby turning down on so many potential suitors- some on the road, in buses, churches, birthdays, weddings, market place, etc, hoping to meet their husband at a particular place and at a particular period, hence they miss out. again, most ladies are too materialistic & are money-mongers such that they do always end up collecting material things and money, whilst abandoning their potential husband or pissing him off with their money-mongering attitudes. it is also so sad that majority of our today ladies (Nigerians) only wake up to reality once they turn 26yrs- they turn born again, start being friendly with guys, start displaying good characters, what happened when u were 25yrs & below? Finally, u still have hope, grt hope, but then answer these questions:
7. to answer mrs?

Well said!
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by steve13(m): 12:12am On Apr 13, 2012
Sike:
Yeah! Just like F.Torres cheesy

Lol, hahaha
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nobody: 12:35am On Apr 13, 2012
kpofkpof:

The Nigerian economy sef is not helping issues, but my own advise is 'wait- though it tarries, wait for it for it shall surely come. Pray, fast do your part and wait

blame neither nigerian government nor your god, the blame is 100%ly on you women. no woman @28 hasn't been proposed for marriage in her early age, the problem(women's problem) is that they give silly excuses, guess what? i have a list of silly excuses women give in their early age:
1. am still young
2. i want to finish my education first
3. i dont want to be a house wife
4. i want to be making my own money
5. he is too short
6. he is not a graduate
7. he is a trader(OMATA)
8. me marry a bus-driver? god forbid
9. give me time to pray over it, if its the will of god.
10.bla bla bla
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by born2boink(m): 2:52am On Apr 13, 2012
odiaero: I knew it b4 that nairaland is full of desperados, now they are no more ashame to keep it secret, am waiting for Rokiatu and Hotima to confess too, water don dey pass garri small small
roki will lose me soon
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by born2boink(m): 2:57am On Apr 13, 2012
Anyone who says you should not be desperate at 28 is deceiving because your choices are limited compare 20-24 and if cares is not taken, you end up clockinh 35 because someone like me will never date a girl of 28 yrs old
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Chimaelijah: 4:32am On Apr 13, 2012
Be patience dont be in a hurry because if u rush into marriage u will equally rush out. God's time is best.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Onegai(f): 4:46am On Apr 13, 2012
Dear poster,

Gosh, humans are cruel, aren't they? Reading this thread has convinced how I can never trust anyone whom I meet with a smile or whom says he/she's a church person. Because all of them will then go onto form threads complaining how they are good and deserve the best and where are all the good girls/good boys, wah wah wah...

Okay, deep breathes first.

28 is pushing it and the pressure's getting to you. Yes, a lot of guys don't want to marry that age. But you don't want those guys. Trust me. Every man I've met over 35 swears his choices would be so much different if he had waited. They also have sense. So any guy you meet now, don't immediately tell him "I wan get married, are you down?" then bounce him. Just be yourself, but be firm. Men are selfish. They will say anything to get what they want, and they'll do anything once they have and want to move on. I'm going through that now (yes, some immature fool is gonna call me you were chasing his money). Walai, the reason the divorce rate is rising is both male and female. We've changed so dramatically. Over 70% will not have good marriages. So what can you do?

Work on you, use this time to become a better person. Ignore your age, my sis held onto one mugu yoruba boy who wouldn't let her go (though he knew his parents didn't like her non-yorubaness and non-muslimness). She got some sense at 30, walked out and met an Ekiti man younger than her. 3 kids, and her marriage is better than my other sisters.

It's not how fast, it's how well.You are a better parent in your older years. Look around, most people are a result of immature parenting. I am yet to see anyone below the age of 25 whom I don't immediately wish will leave me alone permanently. 26-28 nowadays is even worse. And sadly, I started playing their games with them. I'm in your same boat. Relax, there are still men out there. Just don't show them the desperation. They will run.

My ex pursued me like mad, nothing he didn't do to get me. After we started dating, and I stupidly went to bed with him, he noticed how emotional I was and how he couldn't stand it. So he's run off again. I'm a few months older than him. Now, I've just seen the light. When every guy I relate my story to, laughs and bets how quickly he'll be back (2-3 months) because I'm a wife material, all I have to do is sit tight. And say "NO" when he comes back. Because he's not ready for marriage. Oh, we could get married, but mehnnnn I will suffer.

OP, you're at the perfect age. Trust me. You're on nairaland, listening to bad people gleefully pull you down because they have nothing better to do. So get off it. Go work on yourself and watch how God will send him waltzing into your arms.

2 Likes

Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by MrH2: 4:59am On Apr 13, 2012
2buff: And another one. grin Karma is quite the b[i]i[/i]tch.
What were you doing since that you didn't find a correct man since your prime years (21-25)? And don't spit that BS about "there were no good men around" cuz that would just be a terrible lie. cheesy
After snobbing all the guys that said hello to you or asked you for directions, here you are now lonely and rapidly approaching menopause grin grin grin
You see yourself now? tongue

Lwkmd..bros tk am easy on her, all d same u said it all. Wasted years of snubbing, nw she dey luk 4 scape goat. Guys av wisened up. @OP b gud 2 guys in ur next life
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by bakila: 6:39am On Apr 13, 2012
maclatunji:

On point!

OP, immerse yourself in your work and develop yourself. Move in circles of young and focused people, one of the men will notice that you are there and single. However, don't be desperate, be rational. I don't want to read something like this from you: he said he loved me and that I should make love with him to prove my love. Now, I am pregnant and he has abandoned me, what should I do?

Do people still do it without condom?
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by StateOfMind: 7:38am On Apr 13, 2012
991:

blame neither nigerian government nor your god, the blame is 100%ly on you women. no woman @28 hasn't been proposed for marriage in her early age, the problem(women's problem) is that they give silly excuses, guess what? i have a list of silly excuses women give in their early age:
1. am still young
2. i want to finish my education first
3. i dont want to be a house wife
4. i want to be making my own money
5. he is too short
6. he is not a graduate
7. he is a trader(OMATA)
8. me marry a bus-driver? god forbid
9. give me time to pray over it, if its the will of god.
10.bla bla bla

And you say the above reasons are silly
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by born2boink(m): 7:49am On Apr 13, 2012
yahoo boys don broke, searching for bankers,policians doctors,managers? etc..O.Y.O, she dey oyo and 18 to 28 yrs been a vampire sucking guys blood, why she crying and her fellow supporters moaning,you better attach to someone or guys go nak U better and run again
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Montalo(m): 8:07am On Apr 13, 2012
Check yourself very well, may b sumthin aint right...Sumthin dat turns-off guys from u..Try improvin ur style more..
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by steve13(m): 8:29am On Apr 13, 2012
Onegai: Dear poster,

Gosh, humans are cruel, aren't they? Reading this thread has convinced how I can never trust anyone whom I meet with a smile or whom says he/she's a church person. Because all of them will then go onto form threads complaining how they are good and deserve the best and where are all the good girls/good boys, wah wah wah...

Okay, deep breathes first.

28 is pushing it and the pressure's getting to you. Yes, a lot of guys don't want to marry that age. But you don't want those guys. Trust me. Every man I've met over 35 swears his choices would be so much different if he had waited. They also have sense. So any guy you meet now, don't immediately tell him "I wan get married, are you down?" then bounce him. Just be yourself, but be firm. Men are selfish. They will say anything to get what they want, and they'll do anything once they have and want to move on. I'm going through that now (yes, some immature fool is gonna call me you were chasing his money). Walai, the reason the divorce rate is rising is both male and female. We've changed so dramatically. Over 70% will not have good marriages. So what can you do?

Work on you, use this time to become a better person. Ignore your age, my sis held onto one mugu yoruba boy who wouldn't let her go (though he knew his parents didn't like her non-yorubaness and non-muslimness). She got some sense at 30, walked out and met an Ekiti man younger than her. 3 kids, and her marriage is better than my other sisters.

It's not how fast, it's how well.You are a better parent in your older years. Look around, most people are a result of immature parenting. I am yet to see anyone below the age of 25 whom I don't immediately wish will leave me alone permanently. 26-28 nowadays is even worse. And sadly, I started playing their games with them. I'm in your same boat. Relax, there are still men out there. Just don't show them the desperation. They will run.

My ex pursued me like mad, nothing he didn't do to get me. After we started dating, and I stupidly went to bed with him, he noticed how emotional I was and how he couldn't stand it. So he's run off again. I'm a few months older than him. Now, I've just seen the light. When every guy I relate my story to, laughs and bets how quickly he'll be back (2-3 months) because I'm a wife material, all I have to do is sit tight. And say "NO" when he comes back. Because he's not ready for marriage. Oh, we could get married, but mehnnnn I will suffer.

OP, you're at the perfect age. Trust me. You're on nairaland, listening to bad people gleefully pull you down because they have nothing better to do. So get off it. Go work on yourself and watch how God will send him waltzing into your arms.

The best post on this thread! Nairaland is not a good place for some issues,no not here,@Op I wanna talk to you,steve_mkk@yahoo.com.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What's The Most Expensive, Shocking Or Embarrassing Val Gift You Ever Received? / She Left Her Boyfriend After I Sent Her These Hot Photos Of Mine. (photos) / Any Man That Thinks He Wont Pay Bills Is A Joker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.