Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,831 members, 7,820,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) (3638 Views)

Evolution Or Intelligent Design / If You Had A Chance To Live In The Biblical Times; Who Would You Be? / Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) by ooman(m): 7:01pm On Apr 27, 2013
davidylan:

Well if you calmed down long enough to READ... OVER 6000 yrs ago means 50000 yrs is in frame no?

grin BIG LIE cheesy

you said 6000 years because you believe in a 6000 years old earth, no?
Re: Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 27, 2013
ooman: ^^^what is certain is that if there is no god in the observed world, then there is no god in the parts we have not observed.

I love to take this argument with deists than with xtians, even xtians now abandon their bible and take deistic position this days.
Is the observed world all their is?
Re: Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 27, 2013
ooman:

grin BIG LIE cheesy

you said 6000 years because you believe in a 6000 years old earth, no?

Dumb. I am one of the few christians here who actually believes that the bible supports the earth as being way more than 6000 yrs old.

Engaging you dumb fools more interested in gotcha moments is a disgusting waste of precious time.
Re: Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 27, 2013
ooman:

am telling you to stop believing in santa so that Africa can progress. people like yourself, the shameless adults who believe in bogeyman are delaying our success cheesy

Complete idiocy. Why are "smart" atheists like you parked in European nations? go home now...
Re: Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) by Kay17: 7:23pm On Apr 27, 2013
davidylan:

Dude you're in the incoherent babble zone now. Of course people of faith see faith in a deity as the central tenet of their religious conviction... that has been so for over 6000 yrs. Are you just noticing that people of faith embrace faith?

I'm in incherent babble zone and you agree with me! How outstanding.

Nevertheless, to elaborate further, ppl of Faith have to reject God existence as a natural fact/objective truth in favour of their faith. So more or less agreeing with the atheists in that regard. So no atheist is really required to disprove God's objective existence.
Re: Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) by ooman(m): 7:30pm On Apr 27, 2013
davidylan:

Complete idiocy. Why are "smart" atheists like you parked in European nations? go home now...

Whàaaaãâaaaaaaaaaaaaāææättttttttttt shocked

who is talking?? someone who lives in the US or he who lives in Ojota.

Why dont you come back home first, you hypocrite tongue
Re: Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) by ooman(m): 7:35pm On Apr 27, 2013
davidylan:

Dumb. I am one of the few christians here who actually believes that the bible supports the earth as being way more than 6000 yrs old.

Engaging you dumb fools more interested in gotcha moments is a disgusting waste of precious time.

Why not, because you have irrefutably and unwillingly but forcefully understood that 6 days creation 6000 years ago CANNOT be true LMAO soon enough you will drop the whole myth, am optimistic for your situation.

Your other comment is a cry for help cheesy I can help ya, just listen to reason, you will be healed from this god madness wink
Re: Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) by thehomer: 9:22pm On Apr 27, 2013
davidylan: over and over and over and over again... ad nauseum... those who claim God doesnt exist seem to park their brains here in the very section that discusses His existence.

Being the damned sinner you are, does it bother you that you find atheists here?
Re: Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) by Nobody: 11:54pm On Apr 27, 2013
ooman:

Whàaaaãâaaaaaaaaaaaaāææättttttttttt shocked

who is talking?? someone who lives in the US or he who lives in Ojota.

Why dont you come back home first, you hypocrite tongue

I'm not the one whining about the state of the nation...
Re: Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) by Nobody: 11:54pm On Apr 27, 2013
thehomer:

Being the damned sinner you are, does it bother you that you find atheists here?

Not at all. Just amused at the sheer hypocrisy of nuisances who bleat about how God doesnt exist yet spend 90% of their lives camped on sections that talk about Him.

2 Likes

Re: Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) by Nobody: 11:55pm On Apr 27, 2013
Kay 17:

I'm in incherent babble zone and you agree with me! How outstanding.

Nevertheless, to elaborate further, ppl of Faith have to reject God existence as a natural fact/objective truth in favour of their faith. So more or less agreeing with the atheists in that regard. So no atheist is really required to disprove God's objective existence.

I believe you are not reading rationally.
Re: Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) by thehomer: 12:12am On Apr 28, 2013
davidylan:

Not at all. Just amused at the sheer hypocrisy of nuisances who bleat about how God doesnt exist yet spend 90% of their lives camped on sections that talk about Him.

How else will you godbotherers learn anything? You won't even try stepping out of your bubble.
Re: Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) by Nobody: 12:16am On Apr 28, 2013
thehomer:

How else will you godbotherers learn anything? You won't even try stepping out of your bubble.

We didnt ask for your help, neither are we interested in leaving the bubble. thanks for trying but no thanks.

I wonder why you are desperate to help us learn "anything".
Re: Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) by kambo(m): 2:46am On Apr 28, 2013
so much proselytizing from atheist. It seems trying to win d christian God-doesnt-exist argument on this forum is a way to salve their uncomfortable consciences. More like if i convincingly disprove HIM then d wobbly claims i'm clinging to will morph into d eternal truth for me. The atheists seem not totally convinced that God doesnt exist. They DONT want HIM to Exist. If God were Physical in nature d atheists wud hav launched a coup against HIM. The essence of the atheists arguments really isnt about a nonExistent God but rather a lash at a God who hasnt comformed to their expectations. Like, y isnt God visible? Read: "we want a god we can see, touch,feel etc" . Y does he allow so much evil on earth: "read "we want a God who we can understand how His works. A God who is accountable to His creation. " . Much like a potter become subject ceramic pots dat He could smash and remake anytime. The arguments wont end. Sorry guys, a wife can manipulate d husband by wtholdg sex and d husband will b beg. But withholdg ur soul frm God until He answers satisfactorily some never ending lists of Foolish questions like "who created God" is only gonna damn it. And d sentence is for eternity. Not funny cuz even d human mind cannot fathom timelessness. The bible contains d barebone answers to d most important questions of life. But d choice is left 2 man. Pls if d bible is false all believers in it ar fools if it is true all atheists ar fools. But dnt ever feel ashamed of wat u believe in: God is courteous and will never violate ur choice to exercise ur free will even if you choose to damn ur soul in d process. D choice is urs. Dont call God a Bully. We've had Civillian so called diplomatic presidents censure press for Speaking against them but here U can curse God and He will still give u ur next heartbeat - that's proof of his respect for you there. Heaven or Hell. The choice rests with you. And d bible tells u how 2 get to either places. This is d most important decision any mortal can make.

3 Likes

Re: Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) by ooman(m): 6:24am On Apr 28, 2013
^^^Another unthinkimg shameless adult who believe in bogeyman.
Re: Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) by ooman(m): 6:25am On Apr 28, 2013
davidylan:

We didnt ask for your help, neither are we interested in leaving the bubble. thanks for trying but no thanks.

because your stup.idity is cumulatively delaying the world's scientific progress.
Re: Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) by thehomer: 9:32pm On Apr 28, 2013
davidylan:

How exactly is it hypocritical when the non-existence of your God is the reason for too many bad decisions and faulty reasoning?
Re: Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) by thehomer: 9:40pm On Apr 28, 2013
davidylan:

Well I'm generous like that.

See my previous response for the reason.
Re: Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) by kambo(m): 10:40pm On Apr 28, 2013
ooman: ^^^Another unthinkimg shameless adult who believe in bogeyman.
. Anoda illogical reply from those who purport to judge an issue with cold objectivity. Fact is u bunch Want to believe what u want to believe . "In ur wisdom u became fools" !! . Once upon a time there was nothing. From nothing , zilch,zero zappo came a world , a universe, a solar system, galaxies. Any body who buys this hogwash ,this barefaced pitch , is much to b pitied. "purporting to b wise they became fools".
Re: Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) by ooman(m): 10:57pm On Apr 28, 2013
^^^but that is exactly what you believe - creation from nothing bla blah blaahh

I believe in progression of something from something, I believe in evolution.

cheesy
Re: Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) by kambo(m): 12:20am On Apr 29, 2013
i believe in an Instigator with definite purpose crystal intentions who tempered wat we call physical reality. He creates from Nothing , if need be. Our beliefs are different. You and ur ilks believe in a creator - chance , pre eminent matter (logically impossible. U hav to fabricate this premise ), purposefully exquisite design all fashioned by randomness who's odds of occuring in d first place (nothg out of somtin) are mathematically impossible. Somtin out of nothin is a mathematical and logical impossibility. Pre eminent matter is impossible. Other arguments besides this bases may hav som merit. But it will hav to be based on one of two incredible premises. Nothing out of something + lots of probablistically extreme coincidences or 2.) the outcome of an intelligent being of awesome intelligence and ingenuity and imagination exercising his will. A creator. This is cross roads that splits pool of proponents.
Re: Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) by ooman(m): 6:26am On Apr 29, 2013
^^_^you just said you believe in creation from nothing and you still accuse me of believeing in something from nothing?? and btw, I dont believe in something from nothing, I believe in something from something.

there is no intelligent purpose in nature. Time and chance happens to all things.

there is no "pre eminent " matter, matter does not have consciousness

am glad you know something out of nothing is mathematically impossible, therefore god from nothing is destroyed by you and what more?? creation from nothing also destroyed by you cheesy

"an intelligent being of awesome intelligence and ingenuity " CANNOT pop into existence from nothing to make all things.

God is therefore destroyed by your own logic.
Re: Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) by wirinet(m): 11:15am On Apr 29, 2013
wirinet: A sand dune

The lines are drawn to perfection

I did not realize this tread is still on and has taken a life of its own. I still want opinions - theist's and non theist's, on the need of intelligence design in any of the 4 examples i provided.

Lets look at the picture of the sand dune again. see the perfect straight lines, some parallel to each other. see the beautiful patterns created by those lines. Now do these patterns require an intelligent mind to conceive, design and create these patterns? and then what is the use and ultimate purpose of these patterns.
Re: Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) by ooman(m): 11:22am On Apr 29, 2013
^^^have you ever studied the desert?? if you have, you'd know that sand dune patterns are result of natural processes not intelligence.

Time and chance happens to all things.

There is no ultimate purpose or god in nature
Re: Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) by kambo(m): 11:20pm On Apr 29, 2013
@ooman nice sophistry from u but dont skim my statement. U believe in nothing creating something. I and christians believe in , a Being , who Creates something out of nothing. The two aint d same so dnt mix it up. In d nothg creatg somethg logical minds know its an impossibility. Then, assuming it were d case, then it logically follows tht creation is a random outcome and toggles along as a purposeless entity. But this conclusions are based on an impossible premise - nothing creating something! Mathematically impossible to d purists and staunch logicians. This is d crux on which ths God debate hinges. On d other hand, a being who started d process creating from Nothing somethg is anoda dimension. It attributes physical creation not to nothing (as in Nothing creating something) but to a Person, God. Logical atheism answers the question of "who/what created d world" with "nothing". There was once "Nothing" then there was something i.e the world! Christianity answers d same question with "God". "there was once nothing, then God acted and created the world, literally out of nothing"!. The bible gives some hints to how he did it but not full details. If the God side is considered d next step is to investigate ,as much as is humanly possible, those properties of this being Who creates from nothing. As mind buggling and incredulous as it seems how God created d world is a replicatable principle well expounded in d Bible so it has more credit than the non reproducible technique believed in logical atheism. because mathematically and scientifically "nothing creatg somethg " cant b re-enacted again.
Re: Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) by ooman(m): 11:28pm On Apr 29, 2013
kambo: @ooman nice sophistry from u but dont skim my statement. U believe in nothing creating something.

Says who, you??

well you are wrong. I dont!

kambo: I and christians believe in , a Being , who Creates something out of nothing. The two aint d same so dnt mix it up. In d nothg creatg somethg logical minds know its an impossibility. Then, assuming it were d case, then it logically follows tht creation is a random outcome and toggles along as a purposeless entity. But this conclusions are based on an impossible premise - nothing creating something! Mathematically impossible to d purists and staunch logicians. This is d crux on which ths God debate hinges. On d other hand, a being who started d process creating from Nothing somethg is anoda dimension. It attributes physical creation not to nothing (as in Nothing creating something) but to a Person, God. Logical atheism answers the question of "who/what created d world" with "nothing". There was once "Nothing" then there was something i.e the world! Christianity answers d same question with "God". "there was once nothing, then God acted and created the world, literally out of nothing"!. The bible gives some hints to how he did it but not full details. If the God side is considered d next step is to investigate ,as much as is humanly possible, those properties of this being Who creates from nothing. As mind buggling and incredulous as it seems how God created d world is a replicatable principle well expounded in d Bible so it has more credit than the non reproducible technique believed in logical atheism. because mathematically and scientifically "nothing creatg somethg " cant b re-enacted again.

All these are rubbish from your head.

I dont believe in something from nothing, I dont believe im creation from nothing. I believe in something from something.
Re: Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) by kambo(m): 12:20am On May 03, 2013
^^
you wish you believe in something from something but your theory of the creation of the universe
is fundamentally a theory of nothing creating something.
what is your theory of creation..? if you say you believe in something creating something.

You advocate logic and believe in logical truth yet the fundamental premise you try to formulate about how
the world came to be is illogical.

The yard stick you use for measuring truth is inconclusive.

So you make statements that you wish were immutable facts...
There's not true logical atheist. at a point it is a matter of preference and faith.

if you believe in something from something-- then what was the something that created earth and the universe at a time when nothing existed!!!!
Re: Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) by ooman(m): 1:15am On May 03, 2013
kambo: ^^
you wish you believe in something from something but your theory of the creation of the universe
is fundamentally a theory of nothing creating something.
what is your theory of creation..? if you say you believe in something creating something.

You advocate logic and believe in logical truth yet the fundamental premise you try to formulate about how
the world came to be is illogical.

The yard stick you use for measuring truth is inconclusive.

So you make statements that you wish were immutable facts...
There's not true logical atheist. at a point it is a matter of preference and faith.

if you believe in something from something-- then what was the something that created earth and the universe at a time when nothing existed!!!!

grab a book and read, i have no time to teach
Re: Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) by kambo(m): 1:37am On May 03, 2013
the book i read said "in the beginning God made the heavens and the earth", Gen1 vs 1.
you want to grab those hogwashes that try to tell me , nothing ,after a lot of scientific jargon,
and postulations and theorizing , produced something!!!
fact is none of the sceintists who makes these assumptions was there.
at a point , they have to base their theories on unfounded conclusions - on faith. faith
that excludes God.

There's nothing to teach.
nothing CANNOT create something.

2 Likes

Re: Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) by ooman(m): 9:21am On May 03, 2013
kambo: the book i read said "in the beginning God made the heavens and the earth", Gen1 vs 1.
you want to grab those hogwashes that try to tell me , nothing ,after a lot of scientific jargon,
and postulations and theorizing , produced something!!!
fact is none of the sceintists who makes these assumptions was there.
at a point , they have to base their theories on unfounded conclusions - on faith. faith
that excludes God.

There's nothing to teach.
nothing CANNOT create something.

yea so god does not exist
Re: Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) by Emusan(m): 10:16am On May 03, 2013
ooman: ^^^but that is exactly what you believe - creation from nothing bla blah blaahh

I believe in progression of something from something, I believe in evolution.

I can see evolution in indeed, when did you witness evolution last?

You runaway from truth claiming vague fact and using untilligent words.

https://www.nairaland.com/1272650/information-evidence-creator/2
Re: Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) by ooman(m): 1:33pm On May 03, 2013
Emusan:

I can see evolution in indeed, when did you witness evolution last?

You runaway from truth claiming vague fact and using untilligent words.

https://www.nairaland.com/1272650/information-evidence-creator/2

@bold - its called cladogenesis, we actually witness evolution in nature and in the lab

I didnt run away, i simply left, you were being unreasonable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

To That Moniker Called Frustratedman-God Loves You / Being A Muslim Should Not Make Me A Terrorist / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.