Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,732 members, 7,831,334 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

I Am Not Yet Ready For Motherhood. (how Can I Make Him Understand?) - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Not Yet Ready For Motherhood. (how Can I Make Him Understand?) (16030 Views)

Do You Think You Are Ready For Marriage? See This / The Joys Of Motherhood In Pictures! / Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Not Yet Ready For Motherhood. (how Can I Make Him Understand?) by ZUBY77(m): 12:42pm On Apr 20, 2012
emmatok: This just shows how selfish some women are,

Imagine placing the condition(Am Not Yet Ready For Motherhood) on your newly wedded husband. Were you forced to marry him?

And when you realised he is not fully in support, you still insist on what you want.

If your husband has placed that condition(Am Not Yet Ready For Fatherhood), you will be here crying he doesn't love me.

The ideal thing is to finish your education before settling down for marriage, but yours is the other way.

YOU CANNOT EAT YOUR CAKE AND HAVE IT.

Yep, if it was the husband that said he was not ready, rokiatu will be posting all over the place telling us how her husband is seeing some other girl. Mrs jennykadry, the man in question did not ask for your financial help. I know you are trying to give what you think is the best advice but trust me, you wouldnt tell your daughter the same thing. What if the husband said he is no longer interested in the marriage/children? What would you tell your daughter then?
Whether we like it or not, women are women and the original reason behind marriage is to reproduce.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Yet Ready For Motherhood. (how Can I Make Him Understand?) by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 20, 2012
^^I will tell my daughter the same thing. cool
Re: I Am Not Yet Ready For Motherhood. (how Can I Make Him Understand?) by sasimalia(f): 12:45pm On Apr 20, 2012
See me this life ooo. I have been begging my hubby for us to start trying for a baby, just one. He has been giving me all kinds of excuses. Now after trying everything including indulging remarks from in laws on both sides he has finally agreed to start trying. Doctor check up and I'm told that I don't ovulate on my own. All my sis in laws are abt my age, mid 20s to late 20s, they all have one going on their second baby after finishing their masters between first and 2nd baby. Very career yet family oriented women. At this stage of my life I soooo want to be a mother I feel like I can't make the next move in my professional life until I have a little one. I wish we could swap ooo I would give anything to look at my hubby's eyes and see that burning desire for a child.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Yet Ready For Motherhood. (how Can I Make Him Understand?) by emmatok(m): 1:27pm On Apr 20, 2012
sasi_malia: See me this life ooo. I have been begging my hubby for us to start trying for a baby, just one. He has been giving me all kinds of excuses. Now after trying everything including indulging remarks from in laws on both sides he has finally agreed to start trying. Doctor check up and I'm told that I don't ovulate on my own. All my sis in laws are abt my age, mid 20s to late 20s, they all have one going on their second baby after finishing their masters between first and 2nd baby. Very career yet family oriented women. At this stage of my life I soooo want to be a mother I feel like I can't make the next move in my professional life until I have a little one. [b]I wish we could swap ooo [/b]I would give anything to look at my hubby's eyes and see that burning desire for a child.

SEE,

Seriously the swap is needed.
Re: I Am Not Yet Ready For Motherhood. (how Can I Make Him Understand?) by sosodat: 2:00pm On Apr 20, 2012
There is never a perfect time to have kids!

Also OP, please hope you were careful what you tabled to your hubby as excuses cos you wouldn't want to come across like you don't believe he is up to it(even if @ the moment).....(as most men resents been with a woman that feels that they aren't capable especially when they are willing and ready to make it work)

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Yet Ready For Motherhood. (how Can I Make Him Understand?) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 20, 2012
Goodness me, why are people attacking jenny free the woman please. And Maclatu, I think you are going too far with your advice. The issue have been resolved and I think is hard time you give it a rest. Also, my mind was already made up. I only wanted to hear other people point of view.

NOW LET THE THREAD DIE PEOPLE.
Re: I Am Not Yet Ready For Motherhood. (how Can I Make Him Understand?) by maclatunji: 2:32pm On Apr 20, 2012
sosodat: There is never a perfect time to have kids!

Also OP, please hope you were careful what you tabled to your hubby as excuses cos you wouldn't want to come across like you don't believe he is up to it(even if @ the moment).....(as most men resents been with a woman that feels that they aren't capable especially when they are willing and ready to make it work)

Awwww, see how you just rolled up my points into those three lines. Very well said!
Re: I Am Not Yet Ready For Motherhood. (how Can I Make Him Understand?) by CNN80: 2:42pm On Apr 20, 2012
emmatok: This just shows how selfish some women are,

Imagine placing the condition(Am Not Yet Ready For Motherhood) on your newly wedded husband. Were you forced to marry him?

And when you realised he is not fully in support, you still insist on what you want.

If your husband has placed that condition(Am Not Yet Ready For Fatherhood), you will be here crying he doesn't love me.

The ideal thing is to finish your education before settling down for marriage, but yours is the other way.

YOU CANNOT EAT YOUR CAKE AND HAVE IT.

If she had said this AFTER the wedding, then the whole issue would have been have fault. Pls read the initial post carefully. The husband was aware that she waited to finish school before having children BEFORE he married her. If he didn't want to, he should have said so.

I've said this before. The main issue is not whether or not she is ready or not, the issue is that he agreed before marrying her. It was not by force. So unless you are all trying to make the poor guy out to be a liar and not just a man who was carried away by sentiments for a while, I suggest we let the matter die as requested.
Re: I Am Not Yet Ready For Motherhood. (how Can I Make Him Understand?) by emmatok(m): 3:14pm On Apr 20, 2012
CNN80:

If she had said this AFTER the wedding, then the whole issue would have been have fault. Pls read the initial post carefully. The husband was aware that she waited to finish school before having children BEFORE he married her. If he didn't want to, he should have said so.

I've said this before. The main issue is not whether or not she is ready or not, the issue is that he agreed before marrying her. It was not by force. So unless you are all trying to make the poor guy out to be a liar and not just a man who was carried away by sentiments for a while, I suggest we let the matter die as requested.

Well the-same husband that agreed to it, is now having a rethink.

It means he is not comfortable with the agreement. undecided undecided undecided
Re: I Am Not Yet Ready For Motherhood. (how Can I Make Him Understand?) by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 20, 2012
^^^ It means two things:

He is not a man of his word

Or

He deceived her into marriage with his first response

@Roki
Don't mind them. Jenny's post will kill some people one day. I wish it will happen soon though cool
Re: I Am Not Yet Ready For Motherhood. (how Can I Make Him Understand?) by emmatok(m): 3:30pm On Apr 20, 2012
jennykadry: ^^^ It means two things:

He is not a man of his word

Or

He deceived her into marriage with his first response

@Roki
Don't mind them. Jenny's post will kill some people one day. I wish it will happen soon though cool

Dies!!!!
Re: I Am Not Yet Ready For Motherhood. (how Can I Make Him Understand?) by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 20, 2012
finally, my post has killed someone.Finally
Re: I Am Not Yet Ready For Motherhood. (how Can I Make Him Understand?) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 20, 2012
* wishes Rokiatu a happy marriage and unsubscribes*
Re: I Am Not Yet Ready For Motherhood. (how Can I Make Him Understand?) by Nobody: 1:15am On Apr 25, 2012
Even after marriage, you are still sampling your big ass here. Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ your hubby cool with it?

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Yet Ready For Motherhood. (how Can I Make Him Understand?) by kelz88(f): 10:01pm On May 08, 2012
blink182: Even after marriage, you are still sampling your big ass here. Ȋ̝̊̅ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ your hubby cool with it?
That's why he wants to knock her up and scatter her body small lol.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Yet Ready For Motherhood. (how Can I Make Him Understand?) by Nobody: 1:39am On May 09, 2012
Very funny. tongue tongue grin
Re: I Am Not Yet Ready For Motherhood. (how Can I Make Him Understand?) by dayokanu(m): 4:57am On May 09, 2012
If it was the other way round. The woman claims she wants kids and her hubby said she should wait till he gets promoted at work or something

I hope the women wont shout on him that he is trying to run down her biological clock and whatever
Re: I Am Not Yet Ready For Motherhood. (how Can I Make Him Understand?) by moHot(f): 4:42pm On May 18, 2012
WISH U HAPPY MARRIED LIFE ROKI..........I THINK JENNY HAS GIVEN D BEST ADVICE

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Yet Ready For Motherhood. (how Can I Make Him Understand?) by Nobody: 2:50am On May 20, 2012
Thxx mohot. wink
Re: I Am Not Yet Ready For Motherhood. (how Can I Make Him Understand?) by ektbear: 12:40am On May 25, 2012
When did you get married?!?!
Re: I Am Not Yet Ready For Motherhood. (how Can I Make Him Understand?) by tpia5: 6:54pm On Aug 29, 2012
are you sure you shouldnt be thinking of kids- what are you doing in your spare time?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

So, What About When Women Abuse Men? / How Family Member Scammed Me Of N800,000 - Lady / Persistence Rash On ♍Ɣ Kids Skin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.