Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,200 members, 7,839,087 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10636522 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (19286) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 8:00pm On Jun 19, 2012
Vicot moses ko,Victor aghohowa ni! I beg how moses use better pass SWP? Dem no see Adams Johnson mk dem pursue ni? Thank God say wigan reject d bid. Aspa FT methink we shud sell d mofo sharp sharp o!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AndreUweh(m): 10:57pm On Jun 19, 2012
mikuz: why on earth did goal.com describe the move as ridiculous? Mtchew
Mr WHELAN did and not goal.com
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 20, 2012
Argh! Got Some News Goodnews and Badnews From the Shed End!

Just Yesterday it was Reported that Our Staffs had the Champions League Trophy Damaged.

One of the handles was left hanging off after the three security personnel posed for pictures with the trophy to show off to friends.

Although it was returned to its original position, a member of staff noticed the damage the following day and reported it to club officials.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2161317/Chelsea-break-Champions-League-trophy.html#ixzz1yNQ7Y5IF

Whilst, Chelsea hero Didier Drogba has made up his mind and will sign for Shanghai Shenhua. The Ivorian hit will be paid £200,000 a week on a two and a half year contract. He will, therefore, renew his strike partnership with former Chelsea player Nicolas Anelka.

We've been in the News for long this Few Weeks -- Hulk, Moses, Jovetic, Debuchy. Hopin' something Cool Happens Soon
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:30pm On Jun 20, 2012
Wigan can keep Moses. We don't need any "as the spirit leads" players.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 4:45pm On Jun 20, 2012
Even some English pals are suggesting dude may have VAT on his age.
If we are looking at that price bracket, why don't we go for Hoilett?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HighChief4(m): 6:07pm On Jun 20, 2012
Hulk, Jovetic and Debuchy and we are good for next season. Am sure about 6-7m will seal Debuchy's deal.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AndreUweh(m): 7:54pm On Jun 20, 2012
High_Chief: Hulk, Jovetic and Debuchy and we are good for next season. Am sure about 6-7m will seal Debuchy's deal.
Am not too sure of Hulk's deal coming to a conclusion. The chap is yet to agree personal terms neither has Porto agreed to reduce their £40 million asking price.
In my opinion, I would like RDM use Ivanovic as Chelsea's right back as there is no better right back out there. He is the best. With that, we can bring in one more central defender probably Collocini.
Felaini, Ben Arfa and Paizon will be good additions.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 11:56pm On Jun 20, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVM21PJvqAs&feature=g-all-u

Paulo Ferriera is a joker not a footballer lol
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 8:53am On Jun 21, 2012
Andre Uweh:

In my opinion, I would like RDM use Ivanovic as Chelsea's right back as there is no better right back out there. He is the best. With that, we can bring in one more central defender probably Collocini.
Felaini, Ben Arfa and Paizon will be good additions.
Totally agree!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 12:59pm On Jun 23, 2012
But there will be some instance whereby we need natural RB for our attacking options not just crosses alone . .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AndreUweh(m): 2:27pm On Jun 23, 2012
dyabman: But there will be some instance whereby we need natural RB for our attacking options not just crosses alone . .
Ivanovic is the answer. Ivanovic is like Ramos of Real Madrid.
When we won the double in 2010, Ivanovic played in that position more than anyone. Our match against Portsmouth that year, he attacked continously and that you will think he was a winger that night. We won the match by a lone goal at the bridge, and it was when he was brought down in the 18 yard box during his successful flights on the wing that night brought us the 3 points.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:24am On Jun 25, 2012
Ashley Cole didn’t hit his penalty with as much venom as he did in the Champions League final shootout. I wonder if he was thinking that Gianluigi Buffon had seen that penalty in Munich and was in two minds whether to change his approach?

Buffon was magnificent all match. He is a top, top keeper who stays on his feet until the last possible moment. If Ashley Young had scored his penalty, I think Cole would have taken his much more confidently.

Shape played into Pirlo's hands

England’s shape allowed Italy to have the ball too easily. They were set up to absorb pressure in a rigid 4-4-2. Surrendering so much possession sapped England’s energy and Italy had a player to do real damage to a tired side.

The three teams England had played previously didn’t have a deep-lying midfield player with as much guile as Andrea Pirlo. England couldn’t pressure him on the ball and played a high line.

That played into his hands with his raking passes. If you allow him time on the ball, the back four have to drop deep to cover the runs of Mario Balotelli.

FORZA ITALIA
cool cool cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 195(f): 9:26am On Jun 25, 2012
[size=13pt]what can i do to play for CHELSEA FC embarassed embarassed[/size]
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:32am On Jun 25, 2012
El Guapo: Ashley Cole didn’t hit his penalty with as much venom as he did in the Champions League final shootout. I wonder if he was thinking that Gianluigi Buffon had seen that penalty in Munich and was in two minds whether to change his approach?

Buffon was magnificent all match. He is a top, top keeper who stays on his feet until the last possible moment. If Ashley Young had scored his penalty, I think Cole would have taken his much more confidently.

England’s shape allowed Italy to have the ball too easily. They were set up to absorb pressure in a rigid 4-4-2. Surrendering so much possession sapped England’s energy and Italy had a player to do real damage to a tired side.

The three teams England had played previously didn’t have a deep-lying midfield player with as much guile as Andrea Pirlo. England couldn’t pressure him on the ball and played a high line.

That played into his hands with his raking passes. If you allow him time on the ball, the back four have to drop deep to cover the runs of Mario Balotelli.

FORZA ITALIA
cool cool cool

England made Italy look like Spain yesterday. Germany would soon put em back in their place.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 12:32pm On Jun 25, 2012
Abeg when we go buy Ozil? cheesy The guy who makes passes without touching the ball. shocked cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 7:12pm On Jun 25, 2012
El Guapo: Ashley Cole didn’t hit his penalty with as much venom as he did in the Champions League final shootout. I wonder if he was thinking that Gianluigi Buffon had seen that penalty in Munich and was in two minds whether to change his approach?

FORZA ITALIA
cool cool cool

When you play football without a plan of attacking, you deserve to lose.
Italy in red shirts yesterday could have been confused for Spain.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 1025: 9:37pm On Jun 25, 2012
When you play football without a plan of attacking, you deserve to lose.
Italy in red shirts yesterday could have been confused for Spain.

@nateevs,
your types were busy listening to jonathan yesterday talk about cassava bread only to come here and discuss football more than those who watched the game. if you say italy played better than england, i will accept that but if with what italy played yesterday, you term them spain, then i will have reasons to think that you watched ur own game on a 14 inch, black and white tv.
italy with what they played in 120 without a goal cannot stand the fire power of germany unless they have other plans.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:27pm On Jun 25, 2012
1025:

@nateevs,
your types were busy listening to jonathan yesterday talk about cassava bread only to come here and discuss football more than those who watched the game. if you say italy played better than england, i will accept that but if with what italy played yesterday, you term them spain, then i will have reasons to think that you watched ur own game on a 14 inch, black and white tv.
italy with what they played in 120 without a goal cannot stand the fire power of germany unless they have other plans.

Dude read what I said well. I didn't say Italy were Spain but that they could have been confused for Spain.
It was an indictment on the set up of England rather than the inherent ingenuity in Italy.
What makes you think I didn't watch the game by the way?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 1025: 10:02am On Jun 26, 2012
Dude read what I said well. I didn't say Italy were Spain but that they could have been confused for Spain.
It was an indictment on the set up of England rather than the inherent ingenuity in Italy.
What makes you think I didn't watch the game by the way?
@nateevs,
what u said means they were playing like spain just that they were not wearing red. find out from another person what you mean maybe u don't know. i said is either you did not watch or u watched with a 14inch television.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HNIC(m): 12:54pm On Jun 26, 2012
lipsrsealed@1025,
What nateevs is saying is that England allowed Italy so much time on the ball that one would have thought the Italians were the Spanish national team.
He was not, in any way, equating Italy with Spain.
@Nateevs,
You sef, your oyinbo too much.
Write the one wey evryone go fit understand grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HNIC(m): 12:55pm On Jun 26, 2012
@1025,
What nateevs is saying is that England allowed Italy so much time on the ball that one would have thought the Italians were the Spanish national team.
@Nateevs,
Write the one wey evryone go fit understand grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 1025: 1:19pm On Jun 26, 2012
@1025,
@Nateevs,
Write the one wey evryone go fit understand

Oh God of creation pls help us make outsiders no read these things ooo. arsenal played like barca or someone will mistake arsenal for barca and somebody is saying u are not comparing arsenal to barca. english, english, english oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HNIC(m): 1:34pm On Jun 26, 2012
@1025
SMH...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by denzel2009: 1:35pm On Jun 26, 2012
1025:

@nateevs,
omg
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 26, 2012
1025 Plz Read tru the Lines cool cool cool

Ma Fellow KTBFFH Mates Lets Think this Up -- Do we really need another Center foward? I Mean amid reports that Falcao, Rondon, Lavessi are all targets.

IMO -- I don't think we need another striker at the club this season.

We have seen over recent seasons the introduction of rotation within our squad. Look at Didier Drogba for example. Towards the end of last season, with a run of games and big games at that, he found his form and scored important goals.

When he was being chopped and changed from week to week, it was difficult for him to get going. Look at his last couple of seasons at the club. In our double winning season of 2009/10 Drogba played 44 games and scored 37 goals in all competitions. He was the main man here and virtually knew he would be playing week in, week out.

In 2010/2011 he featured in 46 games and scored only 13 times and you have to remember this included the arrival of Fernando Torres at the club and he wasn't starting every week.

Finally last season, Drogba featured in 35 games and scored 13 goals, again rotating with Torres.

The case for sticking with a main man is there for all to see and this is the time I really believe that Fernando Torres will really bed in at our club. He has received assurances from Roman Abramovich that he IS the number one now and I am 100% certain that Torres could go onto score 25-30 goals this term.

Obviously, we need to keep him fit but the reason I believe that we do not need to go after another striker is because we have the raw talents of Danny Sturridge and Romelu Lukaku backing him up and giving Di Matteo other options.

Sturridge wants to play through the middle and I believe he will get his chance but playing second fiddle to Torres. If we need a game changer, then Sturridge is the man to come on and use his pace to give us something different in that way.

n Lukaku, we have his physical presence up front and he will provide something different to Torres and Sturridge completely.

For me it seems as though it's the right time this season to focus on Torres as our main striker and giving the other two the knowledge that they will also feature this season.

Whether or not both of them will be happy being on the bench is another thing, but with Lukaku especially being more involved, this season could provide us with a major breakthrough in the lads confidence.

So what do you people think? Am I talking complete nonsense or do I have a point?
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 1025: 2:47pm On Jun 26, 2012
Ma Fellow KTBFFH Mates Lets Think this Up -- Do we really need another Center foward? I Mean amid reports that Falcao, Rondon, Lavessi are all targets.

IMO -- I don't think we need another striker at the club this season.

We have seen over recent seasons the introduction of rotation within our squad. Look at Didier Drogba for example. Towards the end of last season, with a run of games and big games at that, he found his form and scored important goals.

When he was being chopped and changed from week to week, it was difficult for him to get going. Look at his last couple of seasons at the club. In our double winning season of 2009/10 Drogba played 44 games and scored 37 goals in all competitions. He was the main man here and virtually knew he would be playing week in, week out.

In 2010/2011 he featured in 46 games and scored only 13 times and you have to remember this included the arrival of Fernando Torres at the club and he wasn't starting every week.

Finally last season, Drogba featured in 35 games and scored 13 goals, again rotating with Torres.

The case for sticking with a main man is there for all to see and this is the time I really believe that Fernando Torres will really bed in at our club. He has received assurances from Roman Abramovich that he IS the number one now and I am 100% certain that Torres could go onto score 25-30 goals this term.

Obviously, we need to keep him fit but the reason I believe that we do not need to go after another striker is because we have the raw talents of Danny Sturridge and Romelu Lukaku backing him up and giving Di Matteo other options.

Sturridge wants to play through the middle and I believe he will get his chance but playing second fiddle to Torres. If we need a game changer, then Sturridge is the man to come on and use his pace to give us something different in that way.

n Lukaku, we have his physical presence up front and he will provide something different to Torres and Sturridge completely.

For me it seems as though it's the right time this season to focus on Torres as our main striker and giving the other two the knowledge that they will also feature this season.

Whether or not both of them will be happy being on the bench is another thing, but with Lukaku especially being more involved, this season could provide us with a major breakthrough in the lads confidence.

So what do you people think? Am I talking complete nonsense or do I have a point?

@El Guapo,
in this season of all seasons, we need all the players we can lay our hands on. we are playing more games than any other team in europe so we can't afford to play a particular set of players too often to avoid stories that touch. meanwhile, we have no trophy to over-look and as such, we need a strong back up players for certain games. finally sir, in the game of footie, teams do prepare for the unknown. we can't afford to have a one man team where we will say we lost the game because mr. ibu did not play. we want a situation where if JT is not fit or is suspended, TJ will fill in very well for him. with what we have tasted now, we will not give room for backwardness. if we have players with hot bloods on the bench, we will always change drogba for torres against barca to come in and put nails to the coffin of any of our victims.
God bless olowo of chelsea. we love him and God bless us chelsea fans because happiness from north, east, west and south will be ours. God bless the champions of europe.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 26, 2012
^^ You made a Salient point when u noted that we'll be involved in more competition than anyother European team so there's a need to beef up -- Tactically/Practically, RDM Would start each of those games with a Lone Centre foward [Probably Torres] with two Wing players Supporting from the Flanks thereby, leaving two Cfs On the bench Dani and Lukaku. [Yet u'll have millions of Cfc fans around the globe clamouring for the Young lads to be given chances to prove their worths].
Hence we're rebuilding a team for the future doesn't it Jxt seem Ideal that we start up somewhere with Dani n Lukaku like providing cover for Our hitman El Nino.

3 Centre fowards in a team that Plays more of a lone attacker aint too bad even United who usually go with 2 front men only boast of 4 strikers and they're not Complaining.

More attention should rather be channelled towards the Wings, Rb and Midfield Positions. . . And Plz am not Sir, El is Jxt 20! cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 1025: 4:20pm On Jun 26, 2012
You made a Salient point when u noted that we'll be involved in more competition than anyother European team so there's a need to beef up -- Tactically/Practically, RDM Would start each of those games with a Lone Centre foward [Probably Torres] with two Wing players Supporting from the Flanks thereby, leaving two Cfs On the bench Dani and Lukaku. [Yet u'll have millions of Cfc fans around the globe clamouring for the Young lads to be given chances to prove their worths].
Hence we're rebuilding a team for the future doesn't it Jxt seem Ideal that we start up somewhere with Dani n Lukaku like providing cover for Our hitman El Nino.

3 Centre fowards in a team that Plays more of a lone attacker aint too bad even United who usually go with 2 front men only boast of 4 strikers and they're not Complaining.

More attention should rather be channelled towards the Wings, Rb and Midfield Positions. . . And Plz am not Sir, El is Jxt 20!

@el,
if u are 20, you are a grand father be that. be comfortable with sir and learn to use it more in public forum like this instead of what some ppl do calling others guy. God bless u sir. when someone calls u sir, it does not mean u are older than him like in my case, i am x 2 of ur figure but as long as we are not close friends, i won't feel comfortable addressing u anyhow i like.
chelsea is great for one thing and that is why i am still a chelsea fan. you may be asking what is that? it is the fact that you can't predict them.you have teams like arsenal and barca who even when rain or sun dey up, na the same thing them go play but we are not a club of one striker like u said. many times u see daniel and torres on the picth at the same time. in 2010 season, chelsea broke epl goal tally of a club in a season with 105 goals. we did not do that with one striker.
if we have 4 strikers on the bench and we are loosing a match at 80 mins, we can unleash the 3 strikers so that fire go catch fire.
finally, if at 20, u are blessed with the wisdom of choosing chelsea, ur happiness will not have end. u will not suffer heartbreak. you are in a club where too much money meets too much trophies. what a great decision you have made.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 26, 2012
1025:

[b]@el,
if u are 20, you are a grand father be that. be comfortable with sir and learn to use it more in public forum like this instead of what some ppl do calling others guy. God bless u sir. when someone calls u sir, it does not mean u are older than him like in my case, i am x 2 of ur figure but as long as we are not close friends, i won't feel comfortable addressing u anyhow i like.
chelsea is great for one thing and that is why i am still a chelsea fan. you may be asking what is that? it is the fact that you can't predict them.you have teams like arsenal and barca who even when rain or sun dey up, na the same thing them go play but we are not a club of one striker like u said. many times u see daniel and torres on the picth at the same time. in 2010 season, chelsea broke epl goal tally of a club in a season with 105 goals. we did not do that with one striker.
if we have 4 strikers on the bench and we are loosing a match at 80 mins, we can unleash the 3 strikers so that fire go catch fire.[/b]

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 26, 2012
1025:
finally, if at 20, u are blessed with the wisdom of choosing chelsea, ur happiness will not have end. u will not suffer heartbreak. you are in a club where too much money meets too much trophies. what a great decision you have made.

Supporting Chelsea has been a Mystique One i must say considering the fact i Used to be a Die-hard Catalan, one must have Xpected me to join a team that shared same Football Philosophy with Barca [maybe Arsenal, Bayern, Milan or Real then] but i decided to pitch tent with this West London side [2006 - Counting back i was 14 then] and inexplicably got engrossed into SW6 System. [Well Sure, ma Doctor confirmed that i've got blue blood running down ma Viens lately! cheesy]

Itz cool been Blue - Anyway u must also not forget that we've had more agony than the triumphz. . .but who Cares! grin

KTBFFH
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 10:19am On Jun 27, 2012
If i didnt know better i would say 1025 is Switch supporting chelsea lol. Ninja always itching to argue grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 1025: 11:17am On Jun 27, 2012
If i didnt know better i would say 1025 is Switch supporting chelsea lol. Ninja always itching to argue

@ lalaboi,
i don't know ur age but i seriously want to believe that u talk like the 18 yr old boys around my area. is arguing a crime in a public forum where different ppl with different understanding of life meet? with El Guapo, it was never an argument but a discussion but ur age will always interpret according to your brain capacity. all the same, i choose where i contribute and i argue with points, facts and figures. so get that into ur system. what i do on nairaland are fun motivated and like jonathan will say, I DON'T GIVE A DANM what you or the next man feels. like uncle joe said, BOKO HARAM IS A PROBLEM WE HAVE TO LIVE WITH AT THE MOMENT so i urge u to accept my ways or you can try a nearby lagoon. i live my life for myself first before thinking about the next person. do have a wonderful day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (19286) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: raumdeuter and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.