Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,996 members, 7,821,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... (29810 Views)

Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review / Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 / Best Couple in the Nigerian Movie World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by Ejine(m): 4:32pm On Apr 24, 2012
In Nigerian movies, the ONLY time a girl runs off to vomit, it means she's PREGNANT. grin

1 Like

Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by koolJ1(f): 4:33pm On Apr 24, 2012
outline:

its hilarious! you should see it, more comedy than AY SHOW grin

It gets me more angry than amused though. I mean these things are so obvious!
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by Ejine(m): 4:34pm On Apr 24, 2012
Ramsey Nouah travels to China and comes back with an American accent.

3 Likes

Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by shadrach77: 4:37pm On Apr 24, 2012
1. when a house is been depicted as a residential house and on the bedsheet you see "gateway hotel, otta" shocked shocked shocked
2. a man bumps into an unknown lady in a supermarket, he falls for the lady and pays her bills, sometimes up to the tune of N100,000 shocked shocked shocked
3. when women are begging their husbands for sex
4 a couple are in their room having sex and suddenly another lady bumps in and she's like "what!" shocked shocked shocked
5. a loosened necktie is often indicates an exhausted office worker
6. when a lady says 'darling, i have something to tell you', you always know what she is going to say next is 'i've missed my period' or 'i am pregnant' cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by davida222(m): 4:38pm On Apr 24, 2012
when u see a guy wildrawing money from an ATM marchine wen pit Edocha thnks back when he wuz in d vilage in 1875.
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by opabukun(m): 4:39pm On Apr 24, 2012
Wen a scene must terminate b4 anoda can begin
Wen present scene is about an actor/actress going out & next wl automatically be d actor(ess) arriving his/her destination. Scenes r always ABC....
Wen actor(ess) neva pay for any service eg cab,okada,eatery etc
Were d only place to have a date is eatery
Wen u c actor going to bed in broad day light & waking up wen camera mistakenly reflects nearest wall clock revealing "1 o'clock”
Wen an unemployed Van Vicker wl stil b clad in customized polo shirt
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by chucky234(m): 4:39pm On Apr 24, 2012
Laughing,too funny but seriously

You should have notice that the movies show for few minutes then 2 years later but ladies still wear same hair styles/wigs

Mercy plays a mad woman and eat on a refuse dumping site with TFL or Mr. Biggs take away food pack, wears make-up and nail polish

Mercy Johnson plays a 12 year old student with burst and behind of a 30 year old woman

Van Vicker is talking to Tonto Dike on a street and you have 200 onlookers watching them

When a ghost wears make-up

When an actor involved in car accident with cuts and hospitalize for days appear few days later without a single scar

When Mercy Johnson cry like a baby yet the tears never affect the red powder and eye shadows on her face

Kate Henshaw plays a 16 year old girl with 30 year old voice and wrinkled face ( Helen Paul will do)

When the title says Evil Princess, Evil Princess 2, Return of the Evil Princess, Return of the Evil Princess 2 ( always confusing)

Evil Princess end up wearing same hair style in Return of Evil Princess

When a mother is trying to play with her 6 months old baby but the baby refused to smile instead keep looking at his real mother behind the camera

When Jim Iyke is born and grow in Nigeria yet form American ascent

When Pat Attah plays a cool or gentleman but wears eye brow pencil and red powder

Pastors always adorn over-sized suits or coats rather

When a Mr. Ibu and Victor Osuagwu plays 19 years old children with Sam Locco as their father

When Aki and Paw Paw plays children and adult with same hair cuts

When a man supposedly in Abuja drive on Marina bridge in Lagos

when a man is shot point blank and yet no blood pool as you only see a small red wine poured on his shirt, a man come down from his car to rescue him to hospital and there is no single blood stain on the good samarithan

THE LIST IS ENDLESS....

2 Likes

Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by davida222(m): 4:42pm On Apr 24, 2012
Ramsey Nouah is a prince of amadun vilage with an
American accent.

1 Like

Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by Kabikala(m): 4:43pm On Apr 24, 2012
When someone pours water on the roof to try and produce fake rain!
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by Ivbade: 4:44pm On Apr 24, 2012
When the grand-mother is younger than her son's last child.
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by outline: 4:45pm On Apr 24, 2012
when they hit their hand on the wall to disappear
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by outline: 4:47pm On Apr 24, 2012
kool J:

It gets me more angry than amused though. I mean these things are so obvious!

grin i feel u! enjoy the amusement
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by Coefficient(m): 4:53pm On Apr 24, 2012
When policemen have mustache

When they continue to use Ipaja Palace hotel for several purpose; its a police station, bank, resident, office complex etc

When nemesis catches up wt Yinka Quadri as a result of cheating ladies and they change magically to another person to reveal their identity and people around act like its normal grin

1 Like

Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by norrisman: 4:58pm On Apr 24, 2012
Funny die! Thank goodness I didnt see this @ work. Dem for sack me today.
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by pek(m): 5:00pm On Apr 24, 2012
When there is no characterization, plot or suspense!
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by davida222(m): 5:02pm On Apr 24, 2012
when ur mother and
sisters all gather in the parlour in the front sit.
watching the tv with raper on
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by not2long(m): 5:03pm On Apr 24, 2012
when you see flashback of 25 years and you see someone driving a range rover sport behind or see someone wearing rooney's jersey no 10

1 Like

Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by ZEN(m): 5:03pm On Apr 24, 2012
When the gateman is an hausaman and the housegirl/Houseboy calabar/akwaibom.some will say truelife reflection.(No insult intended).(Baffling I heard someone say) When the Amaka's are directors,Producers,actors and stuntmen.(Classic I heard someone say) When the video is shot with a camcoder.(Apalling I heard someone say). When u knw the end from the begining(Divine I heard someone say). When they call themselves Nollywood(copy cat I heard someone say)
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by Montalo(m): 5:03pm On Apr 24, 2012
::Andrew:::
when it is marketed by

amaco investment limited
121 nnamdi azikiwe street idumota lagos
11 pound road aba
22 ndideng usang iso road calabar
hahahahaha!! Una don kil me 4 hia o! Seriosly 9ja movies whack die..No innovations, no concepts...Gbuurrr!! Gotta puke plz.
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by lepasharon(f): 5:03pm On Apr 24, 2012
Nice thread cheesy
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by not2long(m): 5:06pm On Apr 24, 2012
when u see someone surviving a close range bullet to the head or chest
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by 4shizzle(f): 5:08pm On Apr 24, 2012
Lwkmd...so funny and so true.

When it is raining in front of the camera but dry in the background

When the actor narrating scenes form the past (flashback) show scenes he wasn't present in

When the childeren look older than their parents

When old age is depicted by putting powder on eyebrow and hair.

When only upcoming actresses are used in make out scenes.

When the sound track tells the whole story

When the actress wakes up with make up on.

When cartoon-like fire is used in burning buildings or cars
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 24, 2012
Someone is caught pants down by partner cheating and the next word that comes out of his or her mouth will be "It is not what you think, I can explain!"

1 Like

Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by prettiest1(f): 5:12pm On Apr 24, 2012
When a wealthy and only son returned to the village only to be kill by the uncle
when a widow in the village is warned by the brother-inlaw never to enter her husband's farm cos it belongs to him
when Ekaete is always a house mate and Okon a gate keeper
when mr. Nkem owo will be using a broom stick to raise his eyelashes so that he won't sleep when he is a security man.
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by silvernus0: 5:14pm On Apr 24, 2012
a camera zooms to a persons face and you know its flash back always the same in all of them
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by swtdarling(f): 5:14pm On Apr 24, 2012
wen the moon is shown to signify nite time.

When there's always a beach scene where d male pursues the female

wen there is always juice n chicken in the sitting room,dt is never touched

wen the small kids re always talking like programmed robots wit glances at pple behind the scene

wen a person who faints doesn't land directly on d floor.its either there's someone at the back of the person or there's a couch there.

Wen actresses sit at d edge of d pool.n never swim

wen the most expensive tin ever broken or shattered is a crate of egg.
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 24, 2012
When nonso diobe is having the same hair cut and shirt after 20 yrs,
when a son is 2 years younger than the mum,
When Herbalist is wearing a NIKE canvass or Brazilian hair if its a lady
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by hane(m): 5:16pm On Apr 24, 2012
When a mother is trying to play with her 6 months old baby but the baby refused to smile instead keep looking at his real mother behind the camera
shocked cheesy
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by juventino: 5:20pm On Apr 24, 2012
When you see someone that has spent 10 years in prison with well carved bears, nice haircut and polished skin embarassed
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by davida222(m): 5:23pm On Apr 24, 2012
AND THE LIST GOS ON AND ON, Its just endless ha 9ja.
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by Ejine(m): 5:23pm On Apr 24, 2012
The images below are screenshots from powerful (Yoruba speaking) Nollywood movies I also saw grin
Chei! Naija no dey carry last grin

2 Likes

Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by Ninilowo(m): 5:24pm On Apr 24, 2012
lover must go shopping
lovers must go to eatry or park to play love
illicit lovers dont lock door before the act and the real wife or husband get them in the act.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

New Wife In Soup: Mr Macaroni, Mercy Johnson & Mide Martins (Video) / #BBNaija Fight Between Tacha And Frodd Over The Use Of The Bathroom / BBNaija: A Big LED Billboard For Cee-C Erected By Fans (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.