Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... (29796 Views)

Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review / Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 / Best Couple in the Nigerian Movie World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by animari(f): 7:47pm On Apr 24, 2012
Animari-hahaha!! What about american sitcoms where people tell their most intimate secrets within earshot of the very people they talk about! Or the ever present can os soda that they only take one sip of**
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by Wokeyim(f): 8:19pm On Apr 24, 2012
Hei how did we forget this? When the heroine's father is always very wealthy, most likely to be Olu Jacobs and they live in a mansion with lot of maids, yet they never show Olu Jacob at work and we do not know how he makes those millions coz he's always at home monitoring whom his daughter is dating!

1 Like

Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by Reference(m): 8:24pm On Apr 24, 2012
Ha, ha, ha. You guys are too much. One of the threads of the year so far.
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by StellaBella(f): 8:32pm On Apr 24, 2012
When you can hear pete edochie and patience screaming at each other from your neigbour's house.
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by edydeyemi(m): 8:40pm On Apr 24, 2012
U know its a Nigerian movie when
1. Patience Ozokwor is a wicked mother-in-law
2. Every misfortune is as a result of some diabolic people
3. Ramsey Noauh is always a ladies man
4. Jim Iyke always speaks like an american wannabe
5. John Okafor is always a comic character
6. Gunshots actually sound like firecrackers
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by annajess: 8:40pm On Apr 24, 2012
afrobaby: The title of the movie tells u the whole story line.
A ghost will be looking on both sides of the road before crossing

this one got me laughing
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by edydeyemi(m): 8:45pm On Apr 24, 2012
shadrach77: the policeman must use the word "move" when they are arresting someone grin grin

Nah...it's MY FRIEND MOVE!
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by annajess: 8:59pm On Apr 24, 2012
yommy2sure: when a couple i making love in their room with no one watching and yet they cover themselves with thick blanket and start to struggle and sweat like they were forced to do it on ikorodu road.

yea, yu don kill me wit laff
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by edydeyemi(m): 9:02pm On Apr 24, 2012
omalicha89: When the title is"lady gaga" or "rihanna and beyonce".

Or better still "End of the wicked insider" or "Blackberry Babes"

1 Like

Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by Ishilove: 9:08pm On Apr 24, 2012
kool J: ...When a housewife who's obviously staying at home is fully dressed in her complete traditional regalia...
this is so annoying
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by tjskii(f): 9:15pm On Apr 24, 2012
When there are flashbacks within flashback,

When a talentshow with a 100thousnd dollars cashprice is held in a dinghy venue,on a razzstage with TALENT HUNT written with black marker on d curtain(beyonce&rihanna)

When after years of suffering and torment,the heroine is askd to forgiv and forget,and does just that unda five minutes

When witches have to cackle nonstop like idjits wen thyre avin meeting

When just an ordinary slap can kill someone

When after an accident only two people rush to d scene to help

When chioma chukwuka and ogogo are always goody goody peopl
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by edydeyemi(m): 9:16pm On Apr 24, 2012
macfarland: Someone is caught pants down by partner cheating and the next word that comes out of his or her mouth will be "It is not what you think, I can explain!"
Chai! I don dead grin
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by agbalaya: 9:19pm On Apr 24, 2012
You have to reduce the volume for the soundtrack and increase it to hear what the actors are saying.
so you have to hold onto your remote control.

4 Likes

Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by razznaija(f): 9:21pm On Apr 24, 2012
When you can see the camera mans reflection in a mirror.
When you always have to have a remote in your hands to reduce and increase the volume because of the shouting matches.
When someones wife gives birth and the doctor tells the father that its a "bouncing baby boy".
When the actresses dress like they are going clubbing when they are just going to visit someone.
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by Reference(m): 9:28pm On Apr 24, 2012
agbalaya: You have to reduce the volume for the soundtrack and increase it to hear what the actor are saying.

My sister this is a plague in the entire television industry. Very embarassing. Even my regular morning dose of hypertension 'Focus Nigeria' on AIT, the volume keeps oscillating almost with every change of camera angle. You have to hold the RC while you work.
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by StellaBella(f): 9:58pm On Apr 24, 2012
agbalaya: You have to reduce the volume for the soundtrack and increase it to hear what the actors are saying.
I glue my remote to my hand grin
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by djeezy(m): 10:15pm On Apr 24, 2012
You know it's a Nigerian movie when there is a robbery scene and the robbers are firing bullets on the air and people are still close watching.....When also there is a car crash and the car is devoid of scratch and the next scene the victim is costumed like someone who survived a bomb last. The list is exhaustive anyway.
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 24, 2012
D ladies stil movin abt in d house wit dia high heel shoes at nyt

when tonto dike puts on sunglasses to d kitchen in d morning ;DD ladies stil movin abt in d house wit dia high heel shoes at nyt

when tonto dike puts on sunglasses to d kitchen in d morning

1 Like

Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by Clemzy16(m): 10:24pm On Apr 24, 2012
1. When you keep seeing same faces in every movie.
2. An actor/actress is just know for a particular kind of role through out his/her acting carrear.
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by Jaymarius(f): 10:32pm On Apr 24, 2012
When there is a flashback in a flashback.
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by Meristem: 11:08pm On Apr 24, 2012
Criminals shower bullets on a ccar killing the occupant without any hole or shattered glass!!
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by Akby(m): 11:19pm On Apr 24, 2012
-when the clock on the wall is 4pm while shooting the so called night horror film
-when u see somethn like 'this is just the beginning'
-when the actor never dies
-when it is written, produced and directed by one person
lwkmd ooo!!!
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by Misterpaul(m): 11:29pm On Apr 24, 2012
Everybody on the movie poster always have their mouth and eyes wide open in action.
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by Nobody: 11:32pm On Apr 24, 2012
its a stewpid naija film wen u see lightening strikes and a blind man either looses or regains his sight.(instant miracle)
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by clemmonce(m): 11:51pm On Apr 24, 2012
when they use a room as a police station and then put long sticker all around with police colour. they also put cardboard on d wall sayin bail is free or police is yor frd
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by Nobody: 12:03am On Apr 25, 2012
When you see a drunk person at a bar with 20 empty bottles of beer on the table or floor.
When one lad who is lucky enough to have small change lives in a big mansion with a fleet of cars and servants at his beck and call.
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by shadrach77: 12:11am On Apr 25, 2012
a man sends his wife packing after a quarrel, the wife goes into the bedroom and shows up within a minute with two fully packed luggages (while weeping) ready to leave - as if she was already planning to leave

2 Likes

Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by otumfour(m): 12:15am On Apr 25, 2012
*when they spend an irritating amount of 10 or 15 minutes showing a car, about parking or exiting the compound of a house, with the gateman oh' so happy to open 'em ugly big arzz gates grin grin grin, now thts a Nigerian movie moment cheesy

*when u find ursellf being a sound engineer, decreasing and increasing the volume buttons to get a balance (which u'll neva get) grin grin

*like many people have mentioned, the soundtrack in the background always tells the full story before the movie even gets to the middle

*when u see and old arzz Peugeot/mercedies benz

*when u hear the sound of a generator in the background (listen hard u'll hear it grin grin)

*when all u hear throughout the movie is the sound of an organ *irritating*
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by mayorme(m): 12:50am On Apr 25, 2012
every snake bite is poisonous.................
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by OPEYEMIAD(m): 1:04am On Apr 25, 2012
I beleive Nollywood stars are reading this forum, But they have to improve on their works now. What anoyed me mos are
1. When a lady car broke down she will started dating the helper.
2. The film almost get part 1,2,3and 4
3. When sumone that comite sucide sudenly apear at hospitle, how come and who caried d victim go their.
3. If one man use one car in part1 definately another man will use d same car in part 2
4. The maried man will later end up in dating house help
and many more joor... I will be back let me pissssssss jare
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by mayorme(m): 3:12am On Apr 25, 2012
Air bag never comes out of any car no matter how fatal the accident might be
Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by gulfer: 7:27am On Apr 25, 2012
When a film talks about the 80s and 90s and you see MTN, ETISALAT and GLO banners in the background.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

BBNaija: Crazy Tobi's Fan Feeds Him Via TV (Photos) / D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer / Throwback: The Village Headmaster (1968-1988)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.