Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,002 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? (17152 Views)

Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? / Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? / Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by nwanioma(f): 10:01am On Apr 27, 2012
~Killz~:

No, it because of the "space" needed for a relationship to thrive. . .

You get all the space you need get married and get shocked shocked
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Koolking(m): 11:15am On Apr 27, 2012
~Killz~:

It's a worse case scenario you just laid out. If i find myself in such, i won't lie to myself for i am imperfect. It is not going to be easy, It even breeds contempt the more. . . You can't deny that!

Any way, different strokes for different folks. Once again I have no reservation who I date and where she is coming from provided I am comfortable and compatible with the person. Maturity should be a watchword in relationships. My take pls
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 27, 2012
nwani oma:

You get all the space you need get married and get shocked shocked
Nah. You know that's false. wink By space i mean privacy. I don't need the whole world knowing i'm dating you. . . Gosh, i also need to miss you. How can i miss you when i see you every morning afternoon night? Well, if it works for you sha o. . . All the best! cheesy
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 27, 2012
Koolking: Any way, different strokes for different folks. Once again I have no reservation who I date and where she is coming from provided I am comfortable and compatible with the person. Maturity should be a watchword in relationships. My take pls

Yeah Man. I get you. There is a difference between knowing what to do and not knowing what to do. In your case, you know what to do, and what is best for you. But sometimes, some people do not know themselves, nor what they want. When such people asks me for advice such as dating a neighbor, i will only get as honest as i can. . . if i can't do it, i wont ask you to do it. So, someone asking me if it's advisable, my answer will continue to be what? Continue to be emboldened capital lettered NO!
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 27, 2012
cheesy
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:12pm On Apr 27, 2012
NO!!

Except. . . . . NO!! Not even if you want to marry her. . If so pack out first. angry
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Koolking(m): 12:20pm On Apr 27, 2012
sexkillz:
Yeah Man. I get you. There is a difference between knowing what to do and not knowing what to do. In your case, you know what to do, and what is best for you. But sometimes, some people do not know themselves, nor what they want. When such people asks me for advice such as dating a neighbor, i will only get as honest as i can. . . if i can't do it, i wont ask you to do it. So, someone asking me if it's advisable, my answer will continue to be what? Continue to be emboldened capital lettered NO!

True to that dude (bold). What works for me might not work for another person. Distance and peer2peer relationship is about the people involved and not hw far or near they are. both relationships (distance and neighbour) work becos the people involved have agreed to look beyond their imperfections and make sacrifices for the happiness of each other. The truth is wherever both sexes are there is bound to be a bond between them. the fact is i can't imagine myself bottling up the feelings created by the bond just becos people erroneously think the feeling is not right, I am too close for comfort. That's gullible
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by scottN(m): 5:15pm On Apr 27, 2012
Let him rather do the Friends With Benefits stuff and every thing will be fine grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 27, 2012
~Killz~:

You get to see much of her unnecessarily. You tend to start feeling jealous when you see other guys around hitting on her. Basically, you'll find it hard to trust her after a while, and you'll just hate her for nothings sake! It's not advisable, unless you want frequent heartbreaks.

It's even better if she was 1000 meters away, i.e 1km away, than 100 meters. . . That's a NO NO!
Thanks bro
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 27, 2012
lalaosky:
Thanks bro
cheesy
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Philipsdael(m): 10:22pm On Apr 27, 2012
It depends on the kinda compound...if its FACE ME,I FACE YOU, dont try it for a serious relationship,..... Bt if for the sake of lust...like sex mate......its cool..

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Smartdoy(m): 10:31pm On Apr 27, 2012
I n0 fit Bleep pers0n wey em r0om next 2 me talkles of dating
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by predicta: 6:41pm On Apr 28, 2012
Am in 1 right nw nd trust me It D best thing tat has ever happend to me.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by pendo89(f): 7:18pm On Apr 28, 2012
~Killz~:

You get to see much of her unnecessarily. You tend to start feeling jealous when you see other guys around hitting on her. Basically, you'll find it hard to trust her after a while, and you'll just hate her for nothings sake! It's not advisable, unless you want frequent heartbreaks.

It's even better if she was 1000 meters away, i.e 1km away, than 100 meters. . . That's a NO NO!

Guys will still hit on her wherever she is,near or far. So what you don't see doesn't hurt? how about what you hear?
Do we trust our partners even though we can't see what they are doing 24/7?
If you cannot trust ur partner around guys or ladies then don't bother dating. Put a tracking devise inside them for ur comfort.
It's a jungle we live in, full of predators. One must learn to co exist with the predators and survive to see another day.
Hate her cz she's talking to guys? if she double dates just break it! But if she loves you alone, is she prohibited from talking to guys? a bit immature if asked.
What frequent heartbreaks? She breaks ur heart once and you cut it off and move on.Just don't dont commit a criminal offence as you do so.That way u remain friends.

Do we have couples that met in campus? student accomodation,sharing everything within the years spent there?
How comes familiarity didn't breed concept? At times this statement sounds like a fallacy.

My answer is yes.If he is single and posesses the qualites I admire.
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Koolking(m): 11:30pm On Apr 28, 2012
pendo89:

Guys will still hit on her wherever she is,near or far. So what you don't see doesn't hurt? how about what you hear?
If you cannot trust ur partner around guys or ladies then don't bother dating. Put a tracking devise inside them for ur comfort.
It's a jungle we live in, full of predators. One must learn to co exist with the predators and survive to see another day.
Hate her cz she's talking to guys? if she double dates just break it! But if she loves you alone, is she prohibited from talking to guys? a bit immature if asked.
What frequent heartbreaks? She breaks ur heart once and you cut it off and move on.Just don't dont commit a criminal offence as you do so.That way u remain friends.

Do we have couples that met in campus? student accomodation,sharing everything within the years spent there?
How comes familiarity didn't breed concept? At times this statement sounds like a fallacy.

+1000
u got the drill pendo89. Thanks
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Apr 28, 2012
pendo89:

Story story. . . I'll only believe this if you can tell me humans have lost the capacity of being jealous. . . You talk as if there are no emotions attached to seeing someone else hit on your lady "everyday". You think it's that easy as you make it sound? I'd rather they "hit" on her without my knowledge than actually witnessing it, or having friends or fellow neighbors discussing her, calling her a flirt or a cheat when they see other guys with her simply because the whole neighborhood knows we are dating. . . Thanks, but i'll pass on Dating my neighbor. . . Again and again and AGAIN! wink
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Jomiliny(m): 10:56am On Apr 29, 2012
It is not advisible to date your neighbour.
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by madprof(m): 12:46pm On Apr 29, 2012
I did it, now we're married with twins. So don't tell me it's wrong.
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 29, 2012
madprof: I did it, now we're married with twins. So don't tell me it's wrong.
No one said it's wrong. There's a difference between something being advisable and something being wrong. That it worked for you is not enough reason to recommend it to someone else. If you want to recommend it, do so with the side effects as well. Not everyone has the same mentality as you do. Some people like asking questions every step of the way in their relationship. It's a sign that they are pretty lost, don't know what relationship entails, and don't know what to do. When such people approach me for advise, i'd rather be honest and straight forward about it.

Now, what if after reading your experience and i start dating my Neighbor, should i expect to get married to her, and expect twins too?
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Beync(f): 2:38pm On Apr 29, 2012
What ever is good for u go for it. It doesn't work for u does not mean it can't work for anyone.
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by czay(m): 8:06pm On Apr 29, 2012
There seems to be no universal laws what works for you might not work for others.
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Philipsdael(m): 9:30pm On Apr 29, 2012
sexkillz:
Story story. . . I'll only believe this if you can tell me humans have lost the capacity of being jealous. . . You talk as if there are no emotions attached to seeing someone else hit on your lady "everyday". You think it's that easy as you make it sound? I'd rather they "hit" on her without my knowledge than actually witnessing it, or having friends or fellow neighbors discussing her, calling her a flirt or a cheat when they see other guys with her simply because the whole neighborhood knows we are dating. . . Thanks, but i'll pass on Dating my neighbor. . . Again and again and AGAIN! wink
GBAMMMM!.........YOUR YANNINGS MAKE SENSE......you are on point....dont mind that small girl that you quote......
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by pendo89(f): 10:08pm On Apr 29, 2012
sexkillz:

1.No we haven't lost the ability but there's a point in life where our emotions mature.That stage where we can trust our better half to go on a biz trip with male workmates and still trust that she will not endulge in anything silly.A partner is not a dog on leash.

2.If they keep hitting on ur lady daily it means she is desirable.I think the opposite is worse.Think about it!You get hit on as well,that's ok as long as you know ur boundaries.Its okay to let birds fly over ur head but don;t let them lay eggs on it. I would only feel horrible if she flirts with those hitting on her but if she respects me I have no qualms.Some risks test ur relationship.
You will never know how deep you love each other till u face some risks and overcome them.Avoiding doesnt make you grow at all.

3.You telling me the reason u cant date her is cz 'neighbours will talk' Damn! you cant stop people from talking! even here on nl they talk.They have been talking since Adam and Eve.If people dont talk about you,then you are irrelevant and useless. Thing is this,are they talking good of her/him? are they talking out of jealousy? Why listen to gossiping neighbours? Ok if you happen to hear aren't u able to sift,spit and stay strong??Where in this world will you find a place without gossipers?

4.Are u telling me that you would ignore that sweet neighbourhood girl with all the qualities u admire and hook up with some crazy one far away? cz neighbours will talk?? very shallow for me.

Its just my opinion.I wouldn't mind really as long as I got nothing to hide.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 29, 2012
pendo89:

1.No we haven't lost the ability but there's a point in life where our emotions mature.That stage where we can trust our better half to go on a biz trip with male workmates and still trust that she will not endulge in anything silly.A partner is not a dog on leash.
Yes, our emotions mature. Can you say that about "everyone?" That stage where we trust our partner doesn't just come, does it? When will it come if you keep seeing her daily? No one said a partner is or is supposed to be a dog on a leash, but factually, this is what is obtainable. . . True or false?
2.If they keep hitting on ur lady daily it means she is desirable.I think the opposite is worse.Think about it!You get hit on as well,that's ok as long as you know ur boundaries.Its okay to let birds fly over ur head but don;t let them lay eggs on it. I would only feel horrible if she flirts with those hitting on her but if she respects me I have no qualms.Some risks test ur relationship.
You will never know how deep you love each other till u face some risks and overcome them.Avoiding doesnt make you grow at all.
Again, the way i'll respond to someone hitting on her is subjective. I personally like to avoid some problems before it rears it's ugly head. I'm only human, and anything can happen. A trusted friend of mine could tell me something i may find very hard not to believe. Risks test the relationship, but are ALL risks worth taking? Would you take a premeditated risk just to test someone?

3.You telling me the reason u cant date her is cz 'neighbours will talk' Damn! you cant stop people from talking! even here on nl they talk.They have been talking since Adam and Eve.If people dont talk about you,then you are irrelevant and useless. Thing is this,are they talking good of her/him? are they talking out of jealousy? Why listen to gossiping neighbours? Ok if you happen to hear aren't u able to sift,spit and stay strong??Where in this world will you find a place without gossipers?
Some people live private lives. . . That you sure know. And the way we respond to gossip differs. The way i respond to gossip would differ from hers. Now, what if the gossip was about me?

pendo89: 4.Are u telling me that you would ignore that sweet neighbourhood girl with all the qualities u admire and hook up with some crazy one far away? cz neighbours will talk?? very shallow for me.

Its just my opinion.I wouldn't mind really as long as I got nothing to hide.

Yes. I'd rather move. And refer to my second comment on this thread s to why i'll ignore her. . . There are some risks i'd rather not take. . .

Do you, Pendo, take ALL risks that come your way?
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Philipsdael(m): 10:51pm On Apr 29, 2012
OMG... sexkillz let us go and meet GEJ..... You must be the first 'ministre of relationshp affair'.....lol
pendo e don do ohh.... Him don win, oyaa go sleep!!!!
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 29, 2012
Choices
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Nobody: 1:09am On Jun 06, 2012
Come to think of it....I don't think I could. undecided

NO. grin

HEEEELLLL NO.
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by paix(m): 4:32am On Jun 09, 2012
The problem is that u will be stalking each other,the whole show would be too monotonous and boring.
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by chrisme(m): 1:04am On Aug 27, 2012
~Killz~:

you are on point jo
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by chrisme(m): 1:27am On Aug 27, 2012
sexkillz:
No one said it's wrong. There's a difference between something being advisable and something being wrong. That it worked for you is not enough reason to recommend it to someone else. If you want to recommend it, do so with the side effects as well. Not everyone has the same mentality as you do. Some people like asking questions every step of the way in their relationship. It's a sign that they are pretty lost, don't know what relationship entails, and don't know what to do. When such people approach me for advise, i'd rather be honest and straight forward about it.

Now, what if after reading your experience and i start dating my Neighbor, should i expect to get married to her, and expect twins too?
guy I gbadun you!
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Chuksleader(m): 12:28pm On Sep 20, 2012
If not y not?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are We Not Talking About Promiscuous Men? / Queen Of B***bs Roman Goddess In A Hotel With BF (photos) / OMG! What Kinda Pussy Is This? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.