Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,024 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? (17153 Views)

Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? / Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? / Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by cyril83(m): 4:48pm On Apr 26, 2012
buchi4action: My friend is madly in love with a lady that lives 100 meters away from his house, is it advisable for him to start a relationship with her?
tell ur friend to carry go
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by cyril83(m): 4:50pm On Apr 26, 2012
slimyem: i wouldnt do it for many reasons.
I'd prefer one of us moves away instead....
It all boils down to choices though..
african mentality...nawa o
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by fesse(f): 4:50pm On Apr 26, 2012
@Op,how does it affect your life since you are not the person in question. Is your friend complaining about it?

Well, am into it right now and am loving it. I have traded my happiness all this while for a long distant relationship and it never worked. Both of us are matured and working class adults and we understand ourselves. We dont base it on what to gain materially. What matters to me is my happiness and security. Am not regretting it and i will make it wax stronger.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by expert1(m): 4:50pm On Apr 26, 2012
100metre is far.....what of if she/he lives next flat?

Its cool...you get easy sex...you don't have to waste your money on buying her BB you can easily love-vendor her without pinging...no waste of money on recharge cards.

I was in a relationship with someone four blocks away but she eventually married someone that lived next door to her. She is now with two kids and happily married.
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by cyril83(m): 4:56pm On Apr 26, 2012
~Killz~:

Have you been in such a "close" relationship before?
wats wrong wit such relationship?....let's jst put away all diz african mentality and move on wit our life
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Aries24(f): 4:57pm On Apr 26, 2012
@killz y are u attacking everybody lyk dat,or are u talkin 4rm xperience?
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by cyril83(m): 5:06pm On Apr 26, 2012
Atandav: I'm currently into one now, the only option left for me now is to move out of d compound, d thing no easy o
na lie....u must be a flirt ursef or a jealous soul...its no big deal joor
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by meetmeonline: 5:16pm On Apr 26, 2012

It is simple!

you can build an agreement that whenever you meet each other in a time you know you have nothing to say or do, you two should just keep on whatever you doing without even a hi and when this happens, the other must not raise any issue on that anytime later.

This is the best form of relationship and if these ones marry after dating for some years, they hardly separate cus they both would have known most of what they need to about the way they live their lives
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by JUO(m): 5:22pm On Apr 26, 2012
no
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Killz3(m): 5:32pm On Apr 26, 2012
Aries24: @killz y are u attacking everybody lyk dat,or are u talkin 4rm xperience?
Define "attack". . . Then explain how i attacked "everybody".
cyril83: wats wrong wit such relationship?....let's jst put away all diz african mentality and move on wit our life
What is african mentality about not dating someone living 100m from me?
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by slimyem: 5:40pm On Apr 26, 2012
cyril83: african mentality...nawa o
WTF is 'afican mentality'?
Please elaborate!
Thanks in advance!
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by 2baga(m): 6:51pm On Apr 26, 2012
if you are matured enuf = go on soun, if not no just try am cos u go je-lux tire. but e go swit sha
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by nubian22(f): 7:17pm On Apr 26, 2012
it really depend on the individuals involve and their way of understanding because i know pple dat lives in the same street that have been dating for years and they actually got married last xmas, but for me i have not and i dont think i will because am too emotional, what of if he dumps me tomorrow for another.
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by ITbomb(m): 7:19pm On Apr 26, 2012
Can I have and keep a relationship with my Landlord daughter
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by member479760: 7:51pm On Apr 26, 2012
how old are you?

If you are still playboy, go ahead chop your own run!
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by shizzle11(m): 8:27pm On Apr 26, 2012
It's a NO NO, nt advisable
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by oluoma1: 9:18pm On Apr 26, 2012
I hav not try it bifo but there's dis one wey dey fo our compound now and i want to enta her and see whot will happen.
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by rhymz(m): 9:26pm On Apr 26, 2012
oluoma1: I hav not try it bifo but there's dis one wey dey fo our compound now and i want to enta her and see whot will happen.
lol, u want to enter her, oluoma? Lol
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Jstbinril: 9:36pm On Apr 26, 2012
@ duzamba, whether short or long s nt important. D fact s dt s jst a NO NO! Xcpt dy wnt it jst 2b a strifyn n shaggin rshp undecided undecided undecided undecided kiss
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by oluoma1: 9:45pm On Apr 26, 2012
Yes i want to enta her.
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by cowgurl: 9:50pm On Apr 26, 2012
buchi4action: My friend is madly in love with a lady that lives 100 meters away from his house, is it advisable for him to start a relationship with her?
Different strokes 4 diff folks, I personally can't b e a 'wow' neighbour @ home or in skol cos 'l def get tired of seein him alwys. Appears I luv long distance relationship best (btw states I mean), it js ignites d chemistry in d relationship wen u finally get 2 mit each oda again.
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by IbroSaunks(m): 10:03pm On Apr 26, 2012
say-d-fact:
what as distance got to do with loving?
lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
a lot..
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by ijebabe: 10:13pm On Apr 26, 2012
This is very subjective and so there's no right answer. Its all about balance, every relationship needs a small break allowing the couple to miss each other. Just because you leave close by doesn't mean you have to be under each others noses.
I have been in one in the past and that didnt stop us from living our own lives. Its good to have a life outside of your relationship.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Ofido(m): 10:54pm On Apr 26, 2012
chemberlin: If love can take them to the next level, why? It is adviceable...cos I once had it and we got well but latter disatnce and religion things crashed it.

my brother's wife now is our next door neighbour. We didnt even knw they started doing under d stairs things wen d girl entered year1. Its all about love and choice... Chikena
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by cindyrella(f): 11:30pm On Apr 26, 2012
Its a big NO for me.. i will get bored easily .smiley
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Lexusgs430: 5:05am On Apr 27, 2012
OmawumiMegbele: If you ask me, na who i go ask? They matter wey we see so, e heavy for mouth. wink

Who is the daddy?
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Raxxye(m): 5:57am On Apr 27, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Hiiiiiii cheesy

Remember me?

Why not? My yori-yori. Hw far na?
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Raxxye(m): 6:07am On Apr 27, 2012
lopsydoo: Love is a flower that could grow in any garden. A new date could also start by chance or design, but mutual interests, expectations and attitudes would make it work or otherwise. Truly, familiarity breed contempt, but is "out of sight not out of mind?"

Talking about familiarity- can you ever be "too familiar" with your lover? If so, what's the basis of the relationship? What's jealousy got to do with it? If she likes you enough, won't there be some mutual understanding?

There are lots of case studies that prove that attitude, not distance is everything in a relationship. So, my friends, if the babe is cool, calm and collected enough to meet your taste and she likes you enough to grace your value system, you guys have the core advantage of everyday fellowship, easy understanding and what else, love and happiness..

Bros, abeg which school u go? U overmake sense! Thumbs up!
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Raxxye(m): 6:48am On Apr 27, 2012
The summary of experiences and opinions so far is that it is YES for faithful, serious partners, and NO for cheats and flirts. Chikena!
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Otses(f): 7:26am On Apr 27, 2012
I believe it depends on the people involved, if they are mature in their attitude and can handle all that comes their way, no problem, but if they are the type that get easily jealous each time they see the opposite sex with their partner, then it is not adviceable, because it will breed ill feelings at the end
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by mikron(m): 7:51am On Apr 27, 2012
why not? Just look the other way when you see other guys coming to visit her. Guys will always come.
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by oyinloyeibiwun(f): 8:23am On Apr 27, 2012
to me i dont like that,but if u can manage it its best for u.being too close causes alot of things.but if it pays u go for it but if not step out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are We Not Talking About Promiscuous Men? / Queen Of B***bs Roman Goddess In A Hotel With BF (photos) / OMG! What Kinda Pussy Is This? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.