Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,478 members, 7,850,660 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:52 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (925332 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 4:55pm On Dec 05, 2012
loconzo00:

Congrats once again brother.
Can you please let me know the cost of that flight and how long it took you to wait at Doha.
Thanks.
doha should be like 7hrs and JFK newyork should 15hrs
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 4:56pm On Dec 05, 2012
docbunmi: hi everyone, my hubby n i did our interview today with our babby and we were successful. twas d same black american at window 13.

Another family success !
Congrats . Many more success to come on this forum.IJN. Amen.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 5:03pm On Dec 05, 2012
Gbabe 2: Thank God at Last.I just got my visa and dat of my wife oooo
Now i can resign my appointment with my company and plan of how
to Spend the new year with new and better challenges abroad.
Thank you all.You guys are doing great job and also i wish
the remaining Dvlottery selectees best of luck and Gods favor.
Also,should i apply for international drivers licence or stick to my
normal drivers license?My host is in Baltimore Maryland and am already going
through both the Maryland Motor Vehicle Adminstration drivers manual and
a Guide to Immigrants Manual.

Congrats to you and your family.
Whats your interview experience pls.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by docbunmi: 5:03pm On Dec 05, 2012
Thanks everyone. We had a 7am appt and got der @ abt 6am. We were third in line but I had to go back to drop my baby's milk and water outside cos its not alloweD. We went thru all d security checks and by d time we entered d interview hall, it was 7:11am. We paid N163,500 for d 3 of us and after abt 15mins a Nigerian woman called us @ window 13 and asked for my hubby's educational papers, our marriage cert and birth certs and police report. We were already told to open d sealed medical reports @ d gate before entering. Anyway, at this point we had a bit of issue wit my hubby's neco, d original was not in d package! Instead we packed a color copy dat looks just like d original! See shock and confusion,we asked to go get a scratch card outside but we were refused dat we cnt go outside again. Anyways we offered up some prayers and waited. Then d CO came and we were d first pple attended to
CO: good morning
WE: good morning
CO: asked for d payment slip and told us to sign and take d oath. Here, my baby was babbling and I told d CO dat "see, my baby is taking d oath too" and everyone laughed. From dat moment, it was smiles and jokes galore
CO: asked my hubby who played d lottery for him and my hubby said I did it for him and she asked me if dat was true and I agreed and went further to tell her d date I played it. She then asked my hubby wat he does for a living and asked him to explain exactly wat he does. She then asked wen we met and my husband and I told her d story, completing each odas sentences and she was just smiling. She assked wat job I do and I told her I am a doc and specialize in family med. She asked if we had pics and we showed her our wedding photo book and she loved d yoruba attire of d engagement. While, we were still flipping thru d album, she printed out a white paper and circled d first addy and said " dats fine, ur daughter is lucky to have parents so in love like u guys.congrats and welcome to america, go pick ur passports and visa nxt wk @ d circled addy. We said thanks, smiling and as we turned to leave, my baby picked up d black phone to put it in her mouth and d lady started talking baby talk to her dat even d pple waiting were laughing with us
The lesson here is dat though we had some scary moments, we kept our heads and were positive.
Success to everyone else too
Ire na akari o

8 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 5:08pm On Dec 05, 2012
temmytanny: doha should be like 7hrs and JFK newyork should 15hrs

i mean waiting time at Doha.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seal777(m): 5:26pm On Dec 05, 2012
Out of curiosity, i Called KCC yesterday night to confirm the status of my application which i submitted exactly 8 weeks ago.

The lady who picked my call ask for the necessary infos like Full names, Case No and Date of Birth.....She went ahead to confirm that my " application have been completely processed awaiting interview scheduling for the next Bulletin " , she encouraged me to check my mails regularly for my interview notification in " couple of weeks time ".

My Case number is 2xx7 , Think we are making progress.

Wish all others expecting theirs, all the best.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 5:40pm On Dec 05, 2012
malcon: Landed safely to JFK Airport New York. Its really an exciting journey but spent alot of time cos i flew Qatar airways and it flew to Doha first before heading to New york. U.S. immigration officers dont joke at all.make sure you keep your yellow envelop in your hand luggage cos they do serious checks before letting one in. This place is indeed God's own country.Every where is just shining with lots of lights.Many thanks to all forumite..

am so happy for you!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 05, 2012

@ gbabeskiiiii,pls wat airline do u flew into BWI and pls kindly share the cost and how u connected it
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tosmy(m): 5:44pm On Dec 05, 2012
@docbunmi congrat my sis
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 5:52pm On Dec 05, 2012
docbunmi: hi everyone, my hubby n i did our interview today with our babby and we were successful. twas d same black american at window 13.

happy to hear that... Congratulation
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 5:59pm On Dec 05, 2012

more success in d forum! Congrat
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 6:11pm On Dec 05, 2012
docbunmi: Thanks everyone. We had a 7am appt and got der @ abt 6am. We were third in line but I had to go back to drop my baby's milk and water outside cos its not alloweD. We went thru all d security checks and by d time we entered d interview hall, it was 7:11am. We paid N163,500 for d 3 of us and after abt 15mins a Nigerian woman called us @ window 13 and asked for my hubby's educational papers, our marriage cert and birth certs and police report. We were already told to open d sealed medical reports @ d gate before entering. Anyway, at this point we had a bit of issue wit my hubby's neco, d original was not in d package! Instead we packed a color copy dat looks just like d original! See shock and confusion,we asked to go get a scratch card outside but we were refused dat we cnt go outside again. Anyways we offered up some prayers and waited. Then d CO came and we were d first pple attended to
CO: asked for d payment slip and told us to sign and take d oath. Here, my baby was babbling and I told d CO dat "see, my baby is taking d oath too" and everyone laughed. From dat moment, it was smiles and jokes galore
CO: asked my hubby who played d lottery for him and my hubby said I did it for him and she asked me if dat was true and I agreed and went further to tell her d date I played it. She then asked my hubby wat he does for a living and asked him to explain exactly wat he does. She then asked wen we met and my husband and I told her d story, completing each odas sentences and she was just smiling. She assked wat job I do and I told her I am a doc and specialize in family med. She asked if we had pics and we showed her our wedding photo book and she loved d yoruba attire of d engagement. While, we were still flipping thru d album, she printed out a white paper and circled d first addy and said " dats fine, ur daughter is lucky to have parents so in love like u guys.congrats and welcome to america, go pick ur passports and visa nxt wk @ d circled addy. We said thanks, smiling and as we turned to leave, my baby picked up d black phone to put it in her mouth and d lady started talking baby talk to her dat even d pple waiting were laughing with us
The lesson here is dat though we had some scary moments, we kept our heads and were positive.
Ire na akari o

Hey Doc that was nice. Congratulations!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 6:19pm On Dec 05, 2012
docbunmi: Thanks everyone. We had a 7am appt and got der @ abt 6am. We were third in line but I had to go back to drop my baby's milk and water outside cos its not alloweD. We went thru all d security checks and by d time we entered d interview hall, it was 7:11am. We paid N163,500 for d 3 of us and after abt 15mins a Nigerian woman called us @ window 13 and asked for my hubby's educational papers, our marriage cert and birth certs and police report. We were already told to open d sealed medical reports @ d gate before entering. Anyway, at this point we had a bit of issue wit my hubby's neco, d original was not in d package! Instead we packed a color copy dat looks just like d original! See shock and confusion,we asked to go get a scratch card outside but we were refused dat we cnt go outside again. Anyways we offered up some prayers and waited. Then d CO came and we were d first pple attended to
Ire na akari o

AMIN O. IJN.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by saddy101(m): 6:19pm On Dec 05, 2012
malcon: Landed safely to JFK Airport New York. Its really an exciting journey but spent alot of time cos i flew Qatar airways and it flew to Doha first before heading to New york. U.S. immigration officers dont joke at all.make sure you keep your yellow envelop in your hand luggage cos they do serious checks before letting one in. This place is indeed God's own country.Every where is just shining with lots of lights.Many thanks to all forumite..

Thank God for journey mercy! Please I'll like to know the cost of flight to NY. Planning to take off soon
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by saddy101(m): 6:24pm On Dec 05, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:
I think that black lady is an Angel sent to help nairalanders.

Walahi! Na God sent her gringringrin
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by saddy101(m): 6:25pm On Dec 05, 2012
Ire na akari o

Congratulations!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 6:36pm On Dec 05, 2012
seal777: Out of curiosity, i Called KCC yesterday night to confirm the status of my application which i submitted exactly 8 weeks ago.

The lady who picked my call ask for the necessary infos like Full names, Case No and Date of Birth.....She went ahead to confirm that my " application have been completely processed awaiting interview scheduling for the next Bulletin " , she encouraged me to check my mails regularly for my interview notification in " couple of weeks time ".

My Case number is 2xx7 , Think we are making progress.

Wish all others expecting theirs, all the best.

Can you pls clarify the number you mean.
Is it like 2013AF00002**7 0R 2013AF0002***7
I just want to be sure because the next one should be close to 2013AF0002***7 , not 2013AF00002**7
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 7:27pm On Dec 05, 2012
loconzo00:

i mean waiting time at Doha.
am not sure but its around 2hours
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 7:28pm On Dec 05, 2012
Ire na akari o
congrats mam
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 7:32pm On Dec 05, 2012
loconzo00:

Can you pls clarify the number you mean.
Is it like 2013AF00002**7 0R 2013AF0002***7
I just want to be sure because the next one should be close to 2013AF0002***7 , not 2013AF00002**7
it is d 2nd one 2**7 d reason is dt he dint submit his forms to kcc on tym cos he misplaced his confirmation number and ought to ve done his interview in october

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 7:55pm On Dec 05, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:
it is d 2nd one 2**7 d reason is dt he dint submit his forms to kcc on tym cos he misplaced his confirmation number and ought to ve done his interview in october

In that case, the phone conversation only shows that we should expect new figures as indicated already on their website.
Nothing really indicating the likely limit yet because the likely limit is already beyond your number.

cheers.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 8:25pm On Dec 05, 2012
loconzo00:

In that case, the phone conversation only shows that we should expect new figures as indicated already on their website.
Nothing really indicating the likely limit yet because the likely limit is already beyond your number.

cheers.
yes o o my brother expect new figures in d visa buletine
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 8:29pm On Dec 05, 2012
Any barca fan in da houx? Football stil folow oo,nd stil wishin doz yet 2 receive dia 2NL nd interviews respectivly.wishin ya all succez as we wait,abeg barca 4 life joor.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by bobshina: 8:30pm On Dec 05, 2012
Spoondar:

Plis go and apply for the SSN this will take 3 to 4 days but the one you are talking about will take several days if you wait.

mine took only 4 days to arrive in d mail after application.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 9:14pm On Dec 05, 2012
hmmmmm, no comment abt his post but thank God a few members of this forum have now konw his personality and made comments accordingly, they all can't be wrong.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by daddykelly(m): 9:22pm On Dec 05, 2012
I can't stop congratulating all those who had succesful interviews....just pray that 13+ will be current soon maybe by feb....this malcom's arrival testimony to the state when he said "light just the everywer" really thrilled me...the republicans are angry with immigrant because majority of them voted for obama,I just pray that the bill to stop dv lottery be squashed by the senate because we are not complete yet in the us......lastly am not trying to sound like a black sheep in this forum pls can we answer this question;there are some members of this forum who did their interview without giving us feedback on how it went,is it that they were denied or they are trying to be like the 9 lepers in the bible?....if you benefited from this forum and after your interview you withold informations from us here,then you are not being grateful.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 9:22pm On Dec 05, 2012
congratulations to all that had ther interview this week cant wait to have you all in the states. for thoes about to have ther interview, HONESTLY is the key word and feel relaxed because your DV will be APPROVED.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 9:30pm On Dec 05, 2012
daddykelly: I can't stop congratulating all those who had succesful interviews....just pray that 13+ will be current soon maybe by feb....this malcom's arrival testimony to the state when he said "light just the everywer" really thrilled me...the republicans are angry with immigrant because majority of them voted for obama,I just pray that the bill to stop dv lottery be squashed by the senate because we are not complete yet in the us......lastly am not trying to sound like a black sheep in this forum pls can we answer this question;there are some members of this forum who did their interview without giving us feedback on how it went,is it that they were denied or they are trying to be like the 9 lepers in the bible?....if you benefited from this forum and after your interview you withold informations from us here,then you are not being grateful.
My brother your time will come and your DV will be approved, that i know for sure but about that bill, its dead already. Those that had succesful interview but decided to withhold information, i simply wish them well.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 9:39pm On Dec 05, 2012
daddykelly: I can't stop congratulating all those who had succesful interviews....just pray that 13+ will be current soon maybe by feb....this malcom's arrival testimony to the state when he said "light just the everywer" really thrilled me...the republicans are angry with immigrant because majority of them voted for obama,I just pray that the bill to stop dv lottery be squashed by the senate because we are not complete yet in the us......lastly am not trying to sound like a black sheep in this forum pls can we answer this question;there are some members of this forum who did their interview without giving us feedback on how it went,is it that they were denied or they are trying to be like the 9 lepers in the bible?....if you benefited from this forum and after your interview you withold informations from us here,then you are not being grateful.

A few folks are denied but can't come forward. If only 2 of such people can show you sections in the Immigration Act where there denials were based, some of this antagonism against my persons would cease. I really count all those who scaled thru favoured because a few others were not that lucky, and denials were based on issues you least expect. My advice to all is to please go the extra mile especially the married folks without children. You don't know which CO you will encounter on your interview date. Some are no none sense persons. Please backup any errors in spelling of names or date of birth with an affidavit from a High Court. Goodluck to all.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Godhelpmeooo(m): 10:28pm On Dec 05, 2012
congrat dokita,i nw understand dat it is GOD dat gives visa,it is not by ability nor preparation but it is by GOD's favour.i pray GOD will favour us all in nairaland IJN(amen)GLORY!!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gunners4u: 10:32pm On Dec 05, 2012
@brightmon, ar u in usa nw. & which state
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 10:47pm On Dec 05, 2012
gunners4u: @brightmon, ar u in usa nw. & which state
California “The Golden State”

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.