Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,276 members, 7,860,642 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:38 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (358) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (926830 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gunners4u: 11:09pm On Jan 06, 2013
Congrat ienny, bros temmy pls hw many hours is fly emirate stop over @ dubai airport going to DFW & is dere any means of making call dere
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 11:11pm On Jan 06, 2013
ifeanyi.abdul:
@ Nero, you may use the same passport for all these, but snap new ones for interview proper. I think Gentiger has given u ans on d TP for local runnings already. One moment, I believe u r still waiting for ur 2NL; why d haste? We have learnt from this forum that it's best u do ur medicals 1 - 2 wks before interview. Best of luck!
But de passport re older dan 6 months nw.so do u tink i can stil use it 4 my medical nd police clearance wen i receive my 2NL?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 11:14pm On Jan 06, 2013
jaypee207:
Your medical expires after 6months all things been equal.Stop misleading people with the 3 months expiration msg.

I have not misled anyone by my contribution. I wish you had taken time to read and understand how i ended my post. My post did not in any way indicate with authority that medicals expire in 3 months.
My post ended with "i stand to be corrected".
Yours came as indictment not correction.
If you feel its 6 months, all you need to do is to explain and correct with facts so people can have the facts because i left a gap of correction by my post. Your statement above does not carry any fact needed.
However, if you read this thread from page one, you will see many experience concerning medicals expiration.
Many official stipulations are not cast in stone. We have seen people who past through interviews successfully without Credit pass in one of English Language or Maths. For some others , its sadly a different story.
My take still remains that if officially it states that medicals expire in 3 months, its based on the fact that when u go for the medical examination, most of the vaccines are meant for 3 months. You are still expected to take booster vaccine if you are still in the country after 3 months. That is basically why many people do not go to do their medicals in VI because there they will advise you to come for booster vaccine if you have not travelled after 3 months. If you take this vaccine, then it can still be accepted after 3 months in which case its okay for 6 months.
Way back in this thread, a winner posted that she met another winner at JFK airport in USA who was having problems because his medicals was over 3 months.
Therefore @ jaypee207, lets criticize and correct factually and constructively. That way, we all benefit.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 11:18pm On Jan 06, 2013
temmytanny: just be there as early as 8am,buy N200 chair and sit till 10am nack.One cant trust lagos traffic
I really appreciate .. God bless u and Ur family .
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gunners4u: 11:32pm On Jan 06, 2013
@loconzo, please read dat page again, d person doesn not say d medical expire after three months.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:28am On Jan 07, 2013
I sincerely appreciate all the contributions and efforts of all in this forum to actualising this great dream.May the good God approves all waiting for their interviews, those that are current but yet to receive their 2nl and to all those waiting to be current. This journey requires a whole lot of patience ooo and prayers. I also really really enjoy most of the comic relief i get from some of the wonderful people in this forum, they actually helped me a lot to ease the stress of waiting and tension. Temmy, gentiger, adesoji, brightmore and others please i personally humbly request for some more comic relief to celebrate my success story. Many thanks all.

Congratulations ienny.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 5:01am On Jan 07, 2013
ienny: This is my story... myself,wifey and daughter applied for dv 2013 on the 1st of nov.2011. We had our daughter jan.2011 and my wife was again 8 months pregnant at the time we applied. The boy eventually came around dec.2011 which boils down to the fact that we had 2 babies in a single callender year. To the glory of God we got to know we won mid month of may 2012. We included the boy in the form we sent to KCC not minding whether or not we will be schrewed by CO to defend that the boy is actually ours as he was not included in the initial application or that the CO might find it a little difficult to believe that we actaully had 2 kids in a single calender year.Our interview was schedule for 7a.m jan 4.We did all the security checks, paid for 4 of us and all our documents were collected. Trust me i follow this thread on per second basis, so all our docs were intact and well arranged. Meanwhile my kids were playing all about in the hall such that they were noticed by all fellow 'interviewees' . We expected to be interviewed like around 10a.m cos so many people were ahead of us only for us to see our tag number flashing on window 13(the black american angel).The white lady had been engaging a woman with 2kids before we realised we the next to be interviewed.We quickly jumped up went straight to the black angel, at that time i knew is a done deal already based on the testimonies i have heard about her.My confidence was over doubled and i felt so relief as she engaged us on the below
CO: Good morning with much smiles
US: Good morning with much smiles
CO: What do u do?
ME: Am a channel manager in ....
CO: Can you explain that to me
ME: Bla bla .. and she said ok
CO: Turned to wifey..when did u get married?
WIFEY: 2010
CO: What do u do
WIFEY: Trading
CO: In what
WIFEY: Designers perfumes and clothings
CO: Do you have your wedding album here
ME: Yes,i brought out our photo book and she was like wow this is big and beautiful. Flipped through 3 pages and stopped.
CO: Do u have pictures of your kids when they were small
ME: Yes, brought out pics of me,wifey&daughter when she was six months and also pics of me,wifey,daughter and son when my boy clocked six months also.
CO: Congratulations follows right immediately.....

I sincerely appreciate all the contributions and efforts of all in this forum to actualising this great dream.May the good God approves all waiting for their interviews, those that are current but yet to receive their 2nl and to all those waiting to be current. This journey requires a whole lot of patience ooo and prayers. I also really really enjoy most of the comic relief i get from some of the wonderful people in this forum, they actually helped me a lot to ease the stress of waiting and tension. Temmy, gentiger, adesoji, brightmore and others please i personally humbly request for some more comic relief to celebrate my success story. Many thanks all.

CO:
congrats
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by abosedekolawole(f): 5:43am On Jan 07, 2013
daddykelly: waitin for bulletine
. Me too. Its our year of favour. D co has no choice dan to favour me inrespective of our mistakes
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by petersife: 5:44am On Jan 07, 2013
Congratulation, and please gunners how much is d flight ticket on emirate to newyork.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by abosedekolawole(f): 6:02am On Jan 07, 2013
House, can someone just explain dis issue of avin a credit in maths and english. I thought wit 5credits u r good to go. So why denie d couple visa? Am a bsc holder in a course dat requires a pass in maths n dat wat am avin in maths bt I av credit in english n its a neco cert. I hop am gud to go.I also av anoder neco cert but I don't even av Maths on it becos it was withheld. Shld I just submit the two certs at once. Though, I av more than 5credits in d two certificate. I need the house contributn on dis
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 6:05am On Jan 07, 2013
nero xp: @ gentiger nd Ifeanyi.Abdul,am nt plannin 2 lodge in any hotel...its jst dat i need an estimate of hw much am gona spend on inter.city trans wen runnin around 4 my medical nd police clearance.2ndly shuld i use de same passport photos wich i sent 2 KCC along wit my forms 2 apply 4 my NPC birth cert nd International passport,cos its more dan 6 months nw or shuld i snap a new passport photo? Pls gentiger,Abdul nd doz who hav done theirs shuld help me,am commencin 2morow pls.

If the passport you used for KCC application is over 6 months old, set it aside. Get another. I'll be at the Children Practice, Ikoyi this morning to pick up my medical results. If you arrive b4 10am, we could meet. Just budget N5k for all your itinerary. Stay blessed.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 6:07am On Jan 07, 2013
ienny: This is my story... myself,wifey and daughter applied for dv 2013 on the 1st of nov.2011. We had our daughter jan.2011 and my wife was again 8 months pregnant at the time we applied. The boy eventually came around dec.2011 which boils down to the fact that we had 2 babies in a single callender year. To the glory of God we got to know we won mid month of may 2012. We included the boy in the form we sent to KCC not minding whether or not we will be schrewed by CO to defend that the boy is actually ours as he was not included in the initial application or that the CO might find it a little difficult to believe that we actaully had 2 kids in a single calender year.Our interview was schedule for 7a.m jan 4.We did all the security checks, paid for 4 of us and all our documents were collected. Trust me i follow this thread on per second basis, so all our docs were intact and well arranged. Meanwhile my kids were playing all about in the hall such that they were noticed by all fellow 'interviewees' . We expected to be interviewed like around 10a.m cos so many people were ahead of us only for us to see our tag number flashing on window 13(the black american angel).The white lady had been engaging a woman with 2kids before we realised we the next to be interviewed.We quickly jumped up went straight to the black angel, at that time i knew is a done deal already based on the testimonies i have heard about her.My confidence was over doubled and i felt so relief as she engaged us on the below
ME: Yes,i brought out our photo book and she was like wow this is big and beautiful. Flipped through 3 pages and stopped.
ME: Yes, brought out pics of me,wifey&daughter when she was six months and also pics of me,wifey,daughter and son when my boy clocked six months also.

CO:

Congratulations Ienny. May we all testify.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 6:09am On Jan 07, 2013
[quote author=Gentiger]
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by abosedekolawole(f): 6:10am On Jan 07, 2013
abosedekolawole: House, can someone just explain dis issue of avin a credit in maths and english. I thought wit 5credits u r good to go. So why denie d couple visa? Am a bsc holder in a course dat requires a pass in maths n dat wat am avin in maths bt I av credit in english n its a neco cert. I hop am gud to go.I also av anoder neco cert but I don't even av Maths on it becos it was withheld. Shld I just submit the two certs at once. Though, I av more than 5credits in d two certificate. I need the house contributn on dis
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 6:19am On Jan 07, 2013
abosedekolawole: House, can someone just explain dis issue of avin a credit in maths and english. I thought wit 5credits u r good to go. So why denie d couple visa? Am a bsc holder in a course dat requires a pass in maths n dat wat am avin in maths bt I av credit in english n its a neco cert. I hop am gud to go.I also av anoder neco cert but I don't even av Maths on it becos it was withheld. Shld I just submit the two certs at once. Though, I av more than 5credits in d two certificate. I need the house contributn on dis

You got no problem. I feel there're some undisclosed material facts in that testimony.

Firstly, is it possible to gain admission for any course of study in Nigeria University/Polytecnic without a credit pass in English?

Secondly, had she up to 5 Credit pass in all?

Thirdly, If she wasn't allowed to combine results, why?

We await her clarifications like she said she would.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by abosedekolawole(f): 6:26am On Jan 07, 2013
Gentiger:

You got no problem. I feel there're some undisclosed material facts in that testimony.

Firstly, is it possible to gain admission for any course of study in Nigeria University/Polytecnic without a credit pass in English?

Secondly, had she up to 5 Credit pass in all?

If she wasn't allowed to combine results, why?

We await her clarifications like she said she would.
. Gentiger, I can't tank u enough. I wil submit d two certs at once. Is dat ok?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Remmy488(m): 6:32am On Jan 07, 2013
2mao is my day of joy ooooooo i pray CO smile wt me 2mao

pls if asked, what do i tel dem i'm doing as i'm a corper serving in a school. i filled teachng though
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Remmy488(m): 6:34am On Jan 07, 2013
2mao is my day of joy ooooooo i pray CO smile wt me 2mao

pls if asked, what do i tel dem i'm doing as i'm a corper serving in a school. i filled teachng though
2. do i nid 2 attach d affidavit of age declearation wt d npc birth attestation also?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 6:42am On Jan 07, 2013
abosedekolawole: . Gentiger, I can't tank u enough. I wil submit d two certs at once. Is dat ok?

Perfectly okay. Do so.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 6:57am On Jan 07, 2013
@ idoo4love, wen is ur interviiew?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 7:08am On Jan 07, 2013

CO:

A big congratulations to your family.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 7:28am On Jan 07, 2013
@ lenny, congra, more blessing ahead...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 7:29am On Jan 07, 2013
gunners4u: @loconzo, please read dat page again, d person doesn not say d medical expire after three months.

Well i'm not up for controversy over this. I obviously don't have the luxury of scanning through over 300 pages to retrace that particular post or page.
I have only made an opinion. Not an assertion. Certainly NOT a misleading one.
By His grace, when i obtain my visa i will ensure i get to POE within 3 months of my medicals duration.
Walking within wisdom is far better than walking on the edge of wisdom.
Thanks for your comment.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 7:36am On Jan 07, 2013

CO:

Congratulations.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 7:53am On Jan 07, 2013
@ienny.Congrats man,God ll favour u and family in God's own country.Welcome to AMERICA
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 7:56am On Jan 07, 2013
@Remmy488. God ll grant u favour IJN go and gt ur VISA
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 8:15am On Jan 07, 2013

CO:
congratulations to you and your family
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by belincye: 8:24am On Jan 07, 2013
Hello house, just want to say thank you to all the peeps in the house that have been so helpful. By Gods grace we will all get our visas.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 8:54am On Jan 07, 2013
ifeanyi.abdul:
I don't understand! Was it cancelled online? Was it d DV 2012 that had some gen problms? Thinking of furthering studies? Have u heard of A2W? If u haven't, it's another great opportunity to live ur american dream!
how can one be a part of A2W since its strictly on invitation?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tok8: 9:06am On Jan 07, 2013
@Lenny congratulations to u and ur family.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tok8: 9:13am On Jan 07, 2013
@Remmy488, the visa is urs already. Go get ur visa and come back to share ur success with us.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 9:16am On Jan 07, 2013
@femsoj.Q-Life is @ plot 155A Prince Ade Odedina st off Ajose Adeogun VI. Behind ZENITH BANK HQ

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (869) (Reply)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.