Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,476 members, 7,850,642 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:40 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (651) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (925330 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seal777(m): 1:39am On Apr 09, 2013
Thats not correct sir, beneficiaries need not accompany the principal applicant when travelling. The rule is that, the principal applicant go first, any other beneficiaries can follow in any order within the 6 months visa expiry period.

On the delivery, she can deliver anywhere, the child remains a beneficiary. If he has time on his side, i will advice you allow her deliver in nigeria so the bill can be manageable rather than coming here when you are not sure of where to stay yet and the bill couple with the run around for a novice ( without a wife and baby, its tough )..........except you re financially ok to pay rhe bills.

I am in the states currently and i know what i am talking about. THINK ABOUT IT PLS

quote author=loconzo00]

Since you are the principal, You have to come with her. I believe beneficiaries accompany the principal, not the other way round.
It is much beneficial for her to deliver here as i believe you know.
1. If your host can understand that you have to come with her as the principal,I suggest u come in with her, get her registered and set for delivery.This can be done in 3 days. In the process of that, you might get a place to rent for yourself while she delivers.
2. If it comes to worst, come in with her. Book an hotel to stay for like three days to see her through clinic/hospital registration, you can then go back. She will collect your GC and SSN for you. Your visa still covers your traveling for 1 year. In-between all these, you would have achieved baby delivery in US and probably gathered more accommodation information.
My own case is slightly different. My wife is the main applicant. We eventually sorted out issues.Now she has registered and expectant.[/quote]
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by signup123: 1:46am On Apr 09, 2013
Hello My eFamily, ur advice pls..i have a problem which is....."when i look at the documents that i sent to the kcc i found some mistakes I don't know how i make such mistakes..." the mistakes are

1. on the city that u study, i wrote the local names on my city where I study.
2. there are 2 questions that ask about the institute or university that you study ...on the first form and on the second form ..... from/to (month and date) ... i exchange the months but the year the same i.e. on first i make 02-2009 to 09-2011 but the second form i make on similar question from 09-2009 to 02-2011. but the second one is correct ..

..do i need to inform to the kcc b4 the interview.......or is it necessary to mention the mistakes on my interview before the interviewer ask about the miskates.......or..............just answer if he asked me only if he didn't, to be quite.......?i don't know what to do.. waiting........
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seal777(m): 1:50am On Apr 09, 2013
All those mistakes happen in my application as well, no cause for alarm.

These re not in the class of fundamental mistakes like name xhanges and date of births. Relax and await you Nletter.

signup123: Hello My eFamily, ur advice pls..i have a problem which is....."when i look at the documents that i sent to the kcc i found some mistakes I don't know how i make such mistakes..." the mistakes are
2. there are 2 questions that ask about the institute or university that you study ...on the first form and on the second form ..... from/to (month and date) ... i exchange the months but the year the same i.e. on first i make 02-2009 to 09-2011 but the second form i make on similar question from 09-2009 to 02-2011. but the second one is correct ....do i need to inform to the kcc b4 the interview.......or is it necessary to mention the mistakes on my interview before the interviewer ask about the miskates.......or..............just answer if he asked me only if he didn't, to be quite.......? waiting........

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 2:15am On Apr 09, 2013
Let's start with work.....this is a Very important area for new immigrants like myself. There's little or nothing you can do here without a certification or a form of licence. That include pushing a wheel barrow. America is a society that believes in professionalism and rewards hard work.

Applying for job online will keep you at come for a Very long time. Submitting CV's without evidence of American certification will keep you on the waiting queue, prompting schools who view your CV to start calling you to obtain a certification and become employable.

If you want to do security jobs, that is the most abundant job here. America is security conscious. It's the cheapest training to get and it costs less than $300. After the initial 5 days training, you are given a guard card which is your licence to work as a security official. With this you earn between $9-$12 hourly. If you want to earn more, go for more training, usually for 3 weeks and obtain your gun, baton, hand-cuff and pepper spray permits. With this you earn between $16-$20 hourly.

Just Google security training centers and take off from there if you like this career path for a start. I will tell you more on nursing, teaching, driving, schooling, etcetera. Digest this first. Love you all.

3 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 2:19am On Apr 09, 2013
I can see a lot of you are trying to reach me via the mail. For personal reasons, I won't give out my US number except to those who are already here. However, check out my profile for easy access to my email address. That will be necessary only if It's something really private and personal, else, post it here for all to benefit from. Gentiger signing off from Los Angeles, CA.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 2:26am On Apr 09, 2013
signup123: Hello My eFamily, ur advice pls..i have a problem which is....."when i look at the documents that i sent to the kcc i found some mistakes I don't know how i make such mistakes..." the mistakes are

2. there are 2 questions that ask about the institute or university that you study ...on the first form and on the second form ..... from/to (month and date) ... i exchange the months but the year the same i.e. on first i make 02-2009 to 09-2011 but the second form i make on similar question from 09-2009 to 02-2011. but the second one is correct ..

..do i need to inform to the kcc b4 the interview.......or is it necessary to mention the mistakes on my interview before the interviewer ask about the miskates.......or..............just answer if he asked me only if he didn't, to be quite.......?i don't know what to do.. waiting........

You got no problem. That won't cause a problem. You need not write KCC on that.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 2:29am On Apr 09, 2013
seal777: Thats not correct sir, beneficiaries need not accompany the principal applicant when travelling. The rule is that, the principal applicant go first, any other beneficiaries can follow in any order within the 6 months visa expiry period.

On the delivery, she can deliver anywhere, the child remains a beneficiary. If he has time on his side, i will advice you allow her deliver in nigeria so the bill can be manageable rather than coming here when you are not sure of where to stay yet and the bill couple with the run around for a novice ( without a wife and baby, its tough )..........except you re financially ok to pay rhe bills.

I am in the states currently and i know what i am talking about. THINK ABOUT IT PLS

quote author=loconzo00]

Since you are the principal, You have to come with her. I believe beneficiaries accompany the principal, not the other way round.
1. If your host can understand that you have to come with her as the principal,I suggest u come in with her, get her registered and set for delivery.This can be done in 3 days. In the process of that, you might get a place to rent for yourself while she delivers.
2. If it comes to worst, come in with her. Book an hotel to stay for like three days to see her through clinic/hospital registration, you can then go back. She will collect your GC and SSN for you. Your visa still covers your traveling for 1 year. In-between all these, you would have achieved baby delivery in US and probably gathered more accommodation information.
My own case is slightly different. My wife is the main applicant. We eventually sorted out issues.Now she has registered and expectant.

Coming here to deliver is a Good idea, but since you got no health insurance, that will cost you so much. Weigh the pros ands cons before making a decision.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 2:32am On Apr 09, 2013
@Phumbay:
Tanx 4 ur advice, Gentiga can u pls gimme ur ursername on face book or Email address.Tanx.

Add me on Facebook with this, just search it out: Menwoye
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 2:56am On Apr 09, 2013
seal777: Thats not correct sir, beneficiaries need not accompany the principal applicant when travelling. The rule is that, the principal applicant go first, any other beneficiaries can follow in any order within the 6 months visa expiry period.

quote author=loconzo00]

My own case is slightly different. My wife is the main applicant. We eventually sorted out issues.Now she has registered and expectant.

Seal777, I do think i'm correct sir. You have just agreed with the first line of my advise up there.
The man i believe is the principal and the wife that is pregnant is the beneficiary.The host says he/she can only allow one person. That means the wife can't go before the man (principal). Simplicita.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 3:03am On Apr 09, 2013
Gentiger:

Coming here to deliver is a Good idea, but since you got no health insurance, that will cost you so much. Weigh the pros ands cons before making a decision.

You are right man.
However, with luck on the side of a GC and SSN holding pregnant woman,charity might come handy towards the delivery cost.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 3:12am On Apr 09, 2013
loconzo00:

You are right man.
However, with luck on the side of a GC and SSN holding pregnant woman,charity might come handy towards the delivery cost.
it will cost a pregnant woman nothing to deliver in US provided she has her GC.Pregnant women are treated as EGG here.ONce the pregnant woman arrives US,she should apply for medical insurance from govt and once granted,she don become govt pickin be that

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 3:44am On Apr 09, 2013
temmytanny: it will cost a pregnant woman nothing to deliver in US provided she has her GC.Pregnant women are treated as EGG here.ONce the pregnant woman arrives US,she should apply for medical insurance from govt and once granted,she don become govt pickin be that

We're saying the same thing brother. We should compliment one another and not the other way round. Without insurance, she'll spend in thousands. I am glad you acknowledged her need to apply for insurance. Depending on the state, every application got a standard procedure and waiting period. Applying for medical insurance entails making a down payment, that payment is sustained monthly as long as she intends to keep enjoying free or subsidized cost of medical treatment. From what i understand, that lady is due for delivery. Lol!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by vacancy: 5:22am On Apr 09, 2013
seal777: Seal777 reporting live from Houston , Texas.

Landed sunday night at the George Bush Airport aboard Qatar airways after 8 hrs stop over in doha, went through the immigration, stopped for a check on my baggade and have my dried meat ( tinko ) , ginger and knoor chicken trashed by the airport screening officials, i was advice before leaving Naija to take red cab home since my host will nto be available to pick me at the airport but i saved $46 by taking a shuttle bus for $34 ( after an intenet search for cheaper shuttle at Doha ) instead of red cab for $80 to my destination ( naija brain ? ).

I am home trying to learn the ropes, gone out sevarally using the metro bus card with effective use of the navigation on my ipad. Its a nice environment here in houston and i am hoping to enjoy every bit of it.

In the meantime, i opened an account with Bank of America already and started spending from the account.......waiting arround for my GC and SSN. I have got some job offers awaiting my documentation.

All for now, thanks all for your support

please seaal. how come you get offers immmediately.i wont mind to hook u up in houston . i need link to get offers as soon as i get there to reap our dividend
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 6:28am On Apr 09, 2013
vandarsar: Hi house, can you pls refer me to a reputable money lenders for visa process? Am applying for finland visa and am looking for 1.5m.
Pls mail me: vandarsar@hotmail.com
Who is dis? I sugest u contact sir Alex Ferguson,i tink he shud b of help. Gud luck!

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 6:34am On Apr 09, 2013
missbelle: Hello house,
I nid ur advise, I did not include the town of my university in the dv form that said one should state places lived for than 6months after 16years. I didn't know I was 2 include my uni town/province. Do u thing the CO wud bring it up?
Tnxs
I dnt think so,bt pray ur way dat it shud nt bcom an issue. Try 2 master sm oda major & put away ur mind ova d minor. Gud luck!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 6:41am On Apr 09, 2013
Gentiger: Gentiger is back, fully reloaded and better informed. I have scouted around various agencies here and can guide all better. As time goes on, I'll show new immigrants how to settle down faster and get a job at the snap of the fingers. I also hope to open your eyes to the enormous business opportunities in the States. If you want to go back to school, I'll show you how without paying a penny in school fees. If you want to marry, no wahala, babes dey.

For those seeking entry visas, the guys in the house are doing a great job, which is why some of us are silent. If It's too difficult to handle, reach out and help will be on the way. I have to go back to work now. My boss is looking at me through surveillance cameras as I perform my duty hourly. Love you all. Have a great week ahead.
If need b,we shal mak our shout out. D sky is ur limit. Gud luck!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 6:44am On Apr 09, 2013
YessWeeCan: thanks bro, good to be here.
Just d beginning,u neva see anytin & urs 2 wil nt b imposible IJN. U're welcome
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 6:58am On Apr 09, 2013
Petsal: Hi house: pls what's next after visa has been approved cos I was told to pick up my visa this week.
2ndly, for how long do one have before travelling cos I stil have some issues to settle before finally leaving? Thanks
Preparations next bt dnt stay longer dan 6 months,hope dat is helpful. Gud luck!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by akaniman: 7:00am On Apr 09, 2013
Plsssssss@Godhelpmeoooooo,Pls respond to my above question plssssssssssssss.God bless u.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 7:00am On Apr 09, 2013
Petsal: Hi house: pls what's next after visa has been approved cos I was told to pick up my visa this week.
2ndly, for how long do one have before travelling cos I stil have some issues to settle before finally leaving? Thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chykezworld: 7:45am On Apr 09, 2013
@gentiger ur advice on nairaland is priceless...may God continue to reward u...pls for those dat hv collected der visa frm visa collection center,i had my interview on Thursday...wen can i go n collect my visa cuz waitn here,my job is suffering...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by vacancy: 8:08am On Apr 09, 2013
PLEASE HOUSE OOOOOOOO.HELP ME TO THANK GOD I FINALLY GOT A HOST IN HOUSTON TEXAS.BUT I HAVE BOOKED A FLIGHT TO NEW YORK THROUGH AN AGENT USING AIR MAROC PLANNING TO MOVE DOWN TO MASSACHUSSETS. BUT I HAVE TO MOVE DOWN TO HOUSTON NOW WITH ADDITIONAL COST OF 265K BY QATAR AIRWAYS AS SAID BY THE AGENT. I DONT KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH THIS ISSUE NOW. THATS VERY EXPENSIVE FOR ME. I WANT TO KNOW IF ITS CHEAPER FROM NEW YORK TO HOUSTON WITH 2 ADULTS AND 2 KIDS 2.WILL THRE BE ANY ISSUE AS PER THE MAILING OF GC& SSN TO THE FORMER HOST ADDRESS COS I HAVE CHANGE MY DESTINATION ADDRESS.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 8:33am On Apr 09, 2013
vacancy: PLEASE HOUSE OOOOOOOO.HELP ME TO THANK GOD I FINALLY GOT A HOST IN HOUSTON TEXAS.BUT I HAVE BOOKED A FLIGHT TO NEW YORK THROUGH AN AGENT USING AIR MAROC PLANNING TO MOVE DOWN TO MASSACHUSSETS. BUT I HAVE TO MOVE DOWN TO HOUSTON NOW WITH ADDITIONAL COST OF 265K BY QATAR AIRWAYS AS SAID BY THE AGENT. I DONT KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH THIS ISSUE NOW. THATS VERY EXPENSIVE FOR ME. I WANT TO KNOW IF ITS CHEAPER FROM NEW YORK TO HOUSTON WITH 2 ADULTS AND 2 KIDS 2.WILL THRE BE ANY ISSUE AS PER THE MAILING OF GC& SSN TO THE FORMER HOST ADDRESS COS I HAVE CHANGE MY DESTINATION ADDRESS.

Go back to where you booked the price and see if destinations can be altered at an additional but minimal cost
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ojisalara: 8:34am On Apr 09, 2013
chykezworld: @gentiger ur advice on nairaland is priceless...may God continue to reward u...pls for those dat hv collected der visa frm visa collection center,i had my interview on Thursday...wen can i go n collect my visa cuz waitn here,my job is suffering...

Go on Thursday or just give a day and go on Friday.........Cheers
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by vacancy: 8:51am On Apr 09, 2013
Gentiger:

Go back to where you booked the price and see if destinations can be altered at an additional but minimal cost
@ gentiger. i have gone back. the agent said it will cost me additional of 265k BECAUSE HE HAS TO BOOKED THROUGH QATAR AIRWAYS COS ROYAL MAROC DONT FLY TO TEXAS.thats too much for me. i dont know if anyone has experience off the cost from new york to goerge hush airport as in the cost. thanks bros. what abt the issue of green card and SSn
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 8:52am On Apr 09, 2013
Gentiger: Let's start with work.....this is a Very important area for new immigrants like myself. There's little or nothing you can do here without a certification or a form of licence. That include pushing a wheel barrow. America is a society that believes in professionalism and rewards hard work.

Applying for job online will keep you at come for a Very long time. Submitting CV's without evidence of American certification will keep you on the waiting queue, prompting schools who view your CV to start calling you to obtain a certification and become employable.

If you want to do security jobs, that is the most abundant job here. America is security conscious. It's the cheapest training to get and it costs less than $300. After the initial 5 days training, you are given a guard card which is your licence to work as a security official. With this you earn between $9-$12 hourly. If you want to earn more, go for more training, usually for 3 weeks and obtain your gun, baton, hand-cuff and pepper spray permits. With this you earn between $16-$20 hourly.

Just Google security training centers and take off from there if you like this career path for a start. I will tell you more on nursing, teaching, driving, schooling, etcetera. Digest this first. Love you all.

Thank alot for the Information, cant wait to read about the rest.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 9:40am On Apr 09, 2013
vacancy:
@ gentiger. i have gone back. the agent said it will cost me additional of 265k BECAUSE HE HAS TO BOOKED THROUGH QATAR AIRWAYS COS ROYAL MAROC DONT FLY TO TEXAS.thats too much for me. i dont know if anyone has experience off the cost from new york to goerge hush airport as in the cost. thanks bros. what abt the issue of green card and SSn

I am Sorry, I don't have much idea about your predicament. I believe our brothers here who work at the aviation sector will help you out.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by michaeladesiyan: 10:05am On Apr 09, 2013
vacancy: PLEASE HOUSE OOOOOOOO.HELP ME TO THANK GOD I FINALLY GOT A HOST IN HOUSTON TEXAS.BUT I HAVE BOOKED A FLIGHT TO NEW YORK THROUGH AN AGENT USING AIR MAROC PLANNING TO MOVE DOWN TO MASSACHUSSETS. BUT I HAVE TO MOVE DOWN TO HOUSTON NOW WITH ADDITIONAL COST OF 265K BY QATAR AIRWAYS AS SAID BY THE AGENT. I DONT KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH THIS ISSUE NOW. THATS VERY EXPENSIVE FOR ME. I WANT TO KNOW IF ITS CHEAPER FROM NEW YORK TO HOUSTON WITH 2 ADULTS AND 2 KIDS 2.WILL THRE BE ANY ISSUE AS PER THE MAILING OF GC& SSN TO THE FORMER HOST ADDRESS COS I HAVE CHANGE MY DESTINATION ADDRESS.
why dont u find out the cost of connecting flight from JFk new york to houston first. As per the GC AND SSN mailing address thats no problem when u get there u can change ur mailing add.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 10:15am On Apr 09, 2013

quote author=loconzo00]

I have a close friend whose wife just delivered less than two months ago,they are new immigrant just like you bro,
Make sure you come over with your wife
Get your Green card and social Num
Locate WIC(women infant and Children)in your area and get your wife register their;they will also help her to get free Insurance since you and her are not working for now.No down payment or anything,delivery is free,once you guys start working their system will automatically update your new status and you will be directed to a very low insurance coverage. WIC will give your wife certain amount of voucher to take care of the baby's meal every month until he/she is five years old.
And which of the state are you going?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tolubillion: 10:27am On Apr 09, 2013
Gentiger: I can see a lot of you are trying to reach me via the mail. For personal reasons, I won't give out my US number except to those who are already here. However, check out my profile for easy access to my email address. That will be necessary only if It's something really private and personal, else, post it here for all to benefit from. Gentiger signing off from Los Angeles, CA.
. Good job gentiger expectin more frm u
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 10:36am On Apr 09, 2013
Gentiger: Let's start with work.....this is a Very important area for new immigrants like myself. There's little or nothing you can do here without a certification or a form of licence. That include pushing a wheel barrow. America is a society that believes in professionalism and rewards hard work.

Hi Gentiger, thanks for the piece. I think I'll be needing more info on teaching. How to go about it and hw rewarding it is. Thank you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 10:37am On Apr 09, 2013
....including the challenges. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.