Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,605 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church (34266 Views)

Words Mostly Used In Living Faith Church A.k.a Winners Chapel / Living Faith Church Has Six Million Members Across 147 Countries – Oyedepo / Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by alexleo(m): 11:44pm On Apr 01, 2013
seunlayi: I beg dat church na correct church. It is only the church and my church -k Deeper life

If you say it is only Apostolic faith church and Deeper life that are the correct churches then you are VERY WRONG. Even Elijah in the bible when he felt he was the only prophet of God remaining in the land what did God tell him? I have 7000 people who have not bowed to baal. Dont even think you are right in what you have just said. pls strip yourself of that mentality. Thanks.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by WAP: 12:46pm On Apr 03, 2013
@Alexleo,

I have checked Apostolc faith website but could not get the list of the parishes in Nigeria, Can you post this so that I can locate a nearer parish, I stay in Otta.

I remember when I was young, they used to take us for sunday evening service and we used to go to the camp ground at Anthony village. Though I attend Redeemed now, I think I need to pray and retrace my step back to a near by parish. Enough of junks that we hear on the pulpit today on how to build mansions on earth when there is no mansion in heaven.

2 Likes

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by alexleo(m): 9:10pm On Apr 03, 2013
WAP: @Alexleo,

I have checked Apostolc faith website but could not get the list of the parishes in Nigeria, Can you post this so that I can locate a nearer parish, I stay in Otta.

I remember when I was young, they used to take us for sunday evening service and we used to go to the camp ground at Anthony village. Though I attend Redeemed now, I think I need to pray and retrace my step back to a near by parish. Enough of junks that we hear on the pulpit today on how to build mansions on earth when there is no mansion in heaven.

There is a branch at Igbesa in ogun State. Its around Lusada Market. I believe if you go there on sunday and ask them they ll direct you to the one nearest to you. God bless you.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by ayoope(f): 6:47pm On Apr 20, 2013
@WAP there's a branch/parish in your area.
Apostolic Faith Church.
No 5A, Odunlami close, off Ali - Isiba Street, Igbala, Sango Ota.
Hope this helps.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Akell(m): 12:25am On Apr 21, 2013
WAP: @Alexleo,

god bless you my brother. I have made enquiries and was told the church is located @ Odunlami close in Ota.
My source told me that u can tell the bik men u are going to Apostolic Faith Church @ Odunlami close. They know the place well frm anywhere you are in Ota.
Am a serving corp member in Ota and I need to worship in my church. That was why I had to make such enquiries.
The website is apostolicfaithweca.org
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Akell(m): 12:29am On Apr 21, 2013
ayoope: @WAP there's a branch/parish in your area.
Apostolic Faith Church.
No 5A, Odunlami close, off Ali - Isiba Street, Igbala, Sango Ota.
Hope this helps.

thanx sis, you gave me a more comprehensive breakdown. God bless you. Are you a member as well?
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by ayoope(f): 8:31pm On Apr 21, 2013
@Akell yes I am.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Akell(m): 12:30am On Apr 22, 2013
ayoope: @Akell yes I am.
i hope to see you there when I get to the Ota branch
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by ayoope(f): 11:05am On Apr 22, 2013
@Akell nah nah, I attend Anthony branch.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Akell(m): 10:58pm On May 06, 2013
ayoope: @Akell nah nah, I attend Anthony branch.
aiit. Thanx for helping out anyway. GGMYB!
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by tobialadetuyi(m): 8:47am On May 20, 2013
To my readers i really appreciate bringing up Apostolic Faith, this same church i was born and i know so well what's happening there. Many said its a cult group,pastors and members are into sought of immorality, please can you mention a church presently that's free from all these you just mention, we're now at the end-time that's why God said judgment shall begin from the church. If all you can see as individual in my church is the bad side then i believed you need check yourself. There's no other place you can hear the truth. As for the medication,TV it all depends on your believe nobody will ask you not to use drugs or visits hospital and as for TV am sure if you visit HQ in anthony we use monitor,even sells out video recordings for member please where are they expecting to see all these? Let's be more realistic your personal encounter with member doesn't give a full description of AFC please let not personal feelings set in. We're no cults, we preach truth and holiness. Our services on sunday commence by 9am and evening btw 5:30/6pm. If you need address of our branch around you please look up in google for more information am sure you'll be directed. Am not a pastor just a senior chorister in the HQ anthony village Lagos. Thanks
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by ChiEluse: 3:34pm On May 21, 2013
tobialadetuyi: To my readers i really appreciate bringing up Apostolic Faith, this same church i was born and i know so well what's happening there. Many said its a cult group,pastors and members are into sought of immorality, please can you mention a church presently that's free from all these you just mention, we're now at the end-time that's why God said judgment shall begin from the church. If all you can see as individual in my church is the bad side then i believed you need check yourself. There's no other place you can hear the truth. As for the medication,TV it all depends on your believe nobody will ask you not to use drugs or visits hospital and as for TV am sure if you visit HQ in anthony we use monitor,even sells out video recordings for member please where are they expecting to see all these? Let's be more realistic your personal encounter with member doesn't give a full description of AFC please let not personal feelings set in. We're no cults, we preach truth and holiness. Our services on sunday commence by 9am and evening btw 5:30/6pm. If you need address of our branch around you please look up in google for more information am sure you'll be directed. Am not a pastor just a senior chorister in the HQ anthony village Lagos. Thanks

So none of you should boast that Apostolic Faith is a perfect church. I have never seen any church that boasts of perfection aside AF, and that's where the church has a BIG problem. The true and perfect church is that that will be revealed by Christ Himself at His second coming. This is the collection of the true saints from all human race dead or alive, who are the Bride of Christ. May God count us worthy to be one of them!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 21, 2013
Chi Eluse:

So none of you should boast that Apostolic Faith is a perfect church. I have never seen any church that boasts of perfection aside AF, and that's where the church has a BIG problem. The true and perfect church is that that will be revealed by Christ Himself at His second coming. This is the collection of the true saints from all human race dead or alive, who are the Bride of Christ. May God count us worthy to be one of them!

Spot on !!

Boasting is a sign of pride.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by seunthomas: 2:44pm On Jun 16, 2013
Is it true that you guys dont marry from outside your congregation(other christians)??
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Nobody: 7:29am On Sep 05, 2013
Please we need more feedback regarding their marriage practices
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by alexleo(m): 8:58am On Sep 05, 2013
Chi Eluse:

You are right and am now kicking against that assumption among members that we are perfect and preach the truth more than others. I see such assumption as pride. I see it as an insult on the personality of God. When Elijah felt he was the only prophet of God who had not bowed to baal, God quickly made him to know that he has over seven thousand who have not done that. I believe with time all these church church mentality will give way for Jesus and only Jesus alone to reign amongst us as christians. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by PastorKun(m): 11:16am On Sep 05, 2013
alexleo:

You are right and am now kicking against that assumption among members that we are perfect and preach the truth more than others. I see such assumption as pride. I see it as an insult on the personality of God. When Elijah felt he was the only prophet of God who had not bowed to baal, God quickly made him to know that he has over seven thousand who have not done that. I believe with time all these church church mentality will give way for Jesus and only Jesus alone to reign amongst us as christians. God bless you.

This statement coming from you is really commendable. It shows you are really striving to be a better christian and that is what really matters above our denominational affliations. smiley

1 Like

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 25, 2013
is there a branch in badagry
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by jendoslim(m): 2:28pm On Dec 02, 2013
faith of our fathers, living faith. we will be true to thee til end. dats my church, a church with a burnin message nd experiential salvatn. COME ALONG ND OUR GOD WIL DO U GOOD
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by truthislight: 10:55am On Dec 03, 2013
jendoslim: faith of our fathers, living faith. we will be true to thee til end. dats my church, a church with a burnin message nd experiential salvatn. COME ALONG ND OUR GOD WIL DO U GOOD

Yeah, thats ^ true. Their "Hellfire" message must be burning extra extra strong.

Smh for threat.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by tonguetalker: 12:06pm On Dec 03, 2013
truthislight:

Yeah, thats ^ true. Their "Hellfire" message must be burning extra extra strong.

Smh for threat.

What is wrong with you? He never said anything about hellfire, why are you putting words in his mouth?
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by truthislight: 12:34pm On Dec 03, 2013
tonguetalker:

What is wrong with you? He never said anything about hellfire, why are you putting words in his mouth?

Ok, the church does not teach "Hellfire" right ?

I see, now i know how i am putting words for him mouth.

But him say the "church teaching dey hot like fire". Abi ?
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by tonguetalker: 1:02pm On Dec 03, 2013
truthislight:

Ok, the church does not teach "Hellfire" right ?

I see, now i know how i am putting words for him mouth.

But him say the "church teaching dey hot like fire". Abi ?

stop taking his words out of context, he was equating fire with the sharp coviction that comes with listening to his church teachings.

If you have a problem with hell, open a thread on it.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by truthislight: 1:35pm On Dec 03, 2013
tonguetalker:

stop taking his words out of context, he was equating fire with the sharp coviction that comes with listening to his church teachings.

If you have a problem with hell, open a thread on it.

Ok.

But do they preach the doctrine of Hellfire ?
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Nobody: 11:53pm On Dec 03, 2013
italo:

You are not just basing every response on the Bible, you are basing them on YOUR FALLIBLE INTERPRETATION of the Bible, which could be wrong, YES or NO?

Same goes for your "church." All their teachings are based on THEIR FALLIBLE INTERPRETATION of the Bible, which could be wrong, YES or NO?

My dear that your pope says he is infallible is JUST JUST a claim. Many examples have shown they are fallible. So stop this abeg. It's better to be honest than to claim what is obviously false.

If you have anything you feel is wrong with the church biblically, you prove it to them. Fallibility doesnt mean one is perforce wrong. Prove them wrong, that's better.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Nobody: 12:16am On Dec 04, 2013
alexleo:

Trinity simply means God the father, Son and Holy Spirit being one and its in the bible.

Oga I disagree with you. Nothing like trinity nor was it implied in the bible.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Nobody: 12:26am On Dec 04, 2013
italo:

[b]Let me point out ONE for now. The teaching that the Bible is the final authority and that all Christian teachings should be Bible based is not "Bible based" (not in the Bible). Because the Bible was compiled and created almost 400 years after Jesus died and there were already Christian teachings before then. The Bible does not even say that we should read the Bible. The Bible does not even say that Jesus told his apostles to make a Bible. The Bible doesn't mention "Bible", so where does your Church get the book or even the word from? St. Paul say in 2Thess 2:15 "Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle." But what does your Church do? It only tries to stand fast and hold the traditions that have been taught by letter but abandons the ones taught by word of mouth. You can see that your Church is going contrary to what St. Paul said under the inspiration of The Holy Spirit, yet it claims to be under the inspiration of the same Holy Spirit.[/b]

And still, I humbly demand an answer to my question:

WHO APPOINTED "THE APOSTOLIC FAITH CHURCH" AS THE AUTHENTIC INTERPRETER OF THE BIBLE for all the other hundreds of thousands of "churches" that teach something different based on their own interpretation of the Bible, and where does the Bible say that?

That is another teaching of your "church" that is not in the Bible, unless you can show me.

I thought by now you would have changed this dubious and unchristian attitude of dodging questions.

Italo Italo Italo, you have started again o. well, na dem you go dey tell dis cork and bull story.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Nobody: 12:37am On Dec 04, 2013
italo:

You should read the whole verse. It says "hold fast to the traditions we passed to you EITHER BY WORD OF MOUTH or by letter.

So the tradition is God's word, part of it passed onto us by letter, part of it by letter.

It is easy for you to accuse other people of following "unscriptural" traditions but examine yourself first, Which of the trdition passed by word of mouth do you hold fast to? NONE.

You are the one going against scripture.

Oga, it is better to stick to what is written instead of believing what cannot be substantiated. Some of this so called traditions contradict the scriptures. My dear, I think 2 Tim. 3:16 shows that the written one has all you need to be a competent man of God.

To buttress the point further, Paul gave a RULE:

1COR. 4:6

Now, brothers, these things I have transferred so as to apply to myself and A·pol′los for YOUR good, that in our case YOU may learn the [rule]: [size=18pt]“Do not go beyond the things that are written,”[/size] in order that YOU may not be puffed up individually in favor of the one against the other.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Nobody: 12:43am On Dec 04, 2013
Italo, prayerfully think about this advise.

truthislight:

you are gambling with your chances of everlasting life.

Any writing that does contradict the epistle(NT bible) is a risk.

My friend, this is not a family business, dont take chances with your hope of everlasting life.

Peace
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by ayoope(f): 9:37am On Sep 07, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
is there a branch in badagry

Yes, there is a branch of the Apostolic Faith Church @ Badagry. Its @ Iyafin Junction, seme road. It is just opposite Nipco filling station
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by prissylee: 6:02pm On May 22, 2015
Please help me out... Am new in ikorodu and for two sundays i haven't attend a church... My mum suggested apostolic faith for me and the problem is i dont knw their address and how to locate it... Pls help because i need to go to church this coming sunday..
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 22, 2015
Send a PM to AlexLeo

prissylee:
Please help me out... Am new in ikorodu and for two sundays i haven't attend a church... My mum suggested apostolic faith for me and the problem is i dont knw their address and how to locate it... Pls help because i need to go to church this coming sunday..

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. / Adeboye Wearing Convocation Gown In UNN (Photos) / “Bring Buhari To Me, I’ll Heal Him Just As I Healed Babangida” – Satguru Maharaj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.