Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church (34252 Views)

Words Mostly Used In Living Faith Church A.k.a Winners Chapel / Living Faith Church Has Six Million Members Across 147 Countries – Oyedepo / Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by itslordmoh: 3:07pm On Dec 20, 2012
Boomark:

It means that the church people should continue to see him as their means of salvation even though all are sinners/fallible including the infallible.

But why exactly do I need a fallible man to get salvation when infallible Jesus paid the price for my salvation on the cross. I think I know a place in the Bible where Jesus says he only is the way the truth and the life. I never heard him say;'As I live, I'm transferring that power to the pope'. Don't to argue but its somehow. #smh
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by dlight1(m): 4:02pm On Dec 20, 2012
From your description of the church it's a perfect place for a heavenly-minded person but as for the tithe, the bible isn't against tithing but rather commands it. My reservation for the church however has to do with their opposition to the use of drugs I wonder then if they have doctors in their congregation.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by itslordmoh: 5:16pm On Dec 20, 2012
d light: From your description of the church it's a perfect place for a heavenly-minded person but as for the tithe, the bible isn't against tithing but rather commands it. My reservation for the church however has to do with their opposition to the use of drugs I wonder then if they have doctors in their congregation.

We all know that God alone can heal. But expects us to take care of ourselves well instead of temting the devil. Herbs help to take care of our bodies whether in natural or refined forms. That's what we believe in. I still know there are instances though when God heals diseases without taking one pill talkmore of operation. That is not to say we shouldn't seek medicare because God heals through those means as well.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by davj50(m): 12:02pm On Dec 23, 2012
Am blessed and proud to be a not just memeber but a concrete one,GOd bless africa,God bless us all
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Ubenedictus(m): 2:43am On Jan 14, 2013
itslordmoh:

So what exactly does it mean. I'm confused here.
im not suprised u are! Papal infalliability say wen d pope teaches in his capacity as universal teacher (not just as bishop of rome or as a private theologian etc), in matter of faith and morals (not in politics or deplomacy etc) he is assisted by d help of d holyspirit wu guide d church so he doesn't teach error to d faithful. It doesn't concern disciplinary matters nor with d daily living of d pope, nor does it mean d pope shuldnt seek advice, nor does it mean d pope cant be rebuked. B4 infalliability can b excercised d pope must fulfil all d above, he must wish to teach a xtian and must b in regard to faith or morals and lastly he must wish to excercise d said authority.
Did dat help?
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Ubenedictus(m): 2:45am On Jan 14, 2013
Boomark:

It means that the church people should continue to see him as their means of salvation even though all are sinners/fallible including the infallible.
infalliability doesnt mean d pope is a means of salvation. U have started lying again abi?
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Ubenedictus(m): 2:50am On Jan 14, 2013
itslordmoh:

But why exactly do I need a fallible man to get salvation when infallible Jesus paid the price for my salvation on the cross. I think I know a place in the Bible where Jesus says he only is the way the truth and the life. I never heard him say;'As I live, I'm transferring that power to the pope'. Don't to argue but its somehow. #smh
i neva said d pope is responsible for salvation. Beside if u want to see where Jesus gives d pope power i think matt 18 "i give u d keys of d kingdom". The keys are very significant in scripture,
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Boomark(m): 6:13am On Jan 14, 2013
Infallibility which the pope claims is man made. Of course we are not talking about politics. The Holyspirit will not lead a man to teach people to bow to images made by man and at the same time teach others to vehemently reject it.

This is just one example. Who do we follow, of all those that claim to be led by the Holyspirit? Test every spirit. The teachings of the Holyspirit is still in line with what is written in the scriptures.

Infallibility of the pope is an error. You do err. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Ubenedictus(m): 3:25am On Jan 16, 2013
Boomark: Infallibility which the pope claims is man made. Of course we are not talking about politics. The Holyspirit will not lead a man to teach people to bow to images made by man and at the same time teach others to vehemently reject it.

This is just one example. Who do we follow, of all those that claim to be led by the Holyspirit? Test every spirit. The teachings of the Holyspirit is still in line with what is written in the scriptures.

Infallibility of the pope is an error. You do err. cheesy
u are trying to display ignorance.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Boomark(m): 11:13am On Jan 19, 2013
Ubenedictus: u are trying to display ignorance.

You should have pointed out the ignorance in the truth i wrote.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Ubenedictus(m): 9:50am On Jan 20, 2013
Boomark:

You should have pointed out the ignorance in the truth i wrote.
veneration of images was never a point of papal infalliability so claiming d pope comanded dat is like displaying ignorance.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Boomark(m): 8:05am On Jan 23, 2013
Ubenedictus: veneration of images was never a point of papal infalliability so claiming d pope comanded dat is like displaying ignorance.

Ok. Can't the pope use the spirit of infallibility to correct/delete that idolatry?

2 Likes

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Ubenedictus(m): 5:29pm On Jan 23, 2013
Boomark:
Ok. Can't the pope use the spirit of infallibility to correct/delete that idolatry?
d chasm of infallibility doesnt delete tradition or scripture, it can only uphold it. Just d way anyone wu says "JESUS isn't lord" isnt from isnt from God so will one wu denies a point of tradition or scripture never become a pope.
Where u see idolatry, i see legit veneration, dat is what d earlier xtians practiced it and so does all ancient churches.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Ubenedictus(m): 5:30pm On Jan 23, 2013
Boomark:

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Boomark(m): 7:49pm On Jan 23, 2013
Ubenedictus: d chasm of infallibility doesnt delete tradition or scripture, it can only uphold it. Just d way anyone wu says "JESUS isn't lord" isnt from isnt from God so will one wu denies a point of tradition or scripture never become a pope.
Where u see idolatry, i see legit veneration, dat is what d earlier xtians practiced it and so does all ancient churches.

what of false traditions? Infallibility will also uphold them too? If you can't see idolatry in bowing to images and going against God's command then i wonder what good thing Catholics can teach people about God.

1 Like

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by PastorKun(m): 8:00pm On Jan 23, 2013
Ubenedictus: d chasm of infallibility doesnt delete tradition or scripture, it can only uphold it. Just d way anyone wu says "JESUS isn't lord" isnt from isnt from God so will one wu denies a point of tradition or scripture never become a pope.

But we have it on record that the catholic church has reneged on some of it's false traditions in the past; e.g "sale of indulgence" and mandatory church tithing comes to mind.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Ubenedictus(m): 8:27pm On Jan 23, 2013
Pastor Kun:

But we have it on record that the catholic church has reneged on some of it's false traditions in the past; e.g "sale of indulgence" and mandatory church tithing comes to mind.
interestingly the "sale of indulgence" never occured, u get that? Indulgence were never sold! Indulgence was probably abused in germany but never sold. Indugence are granted on prayers and goodworks, contributions to d building of st peter's basilica was indulgenced that d what happened, d preachers probably over did d part on purgatory, thus he may have abused d indulgence. But a sale never happened.
Tithing was a disciplinary law dat made sure d local pastor was fed, it is neither doctrine or tradition, wen d government authorities started to ask 4 d church tithes d church stopped tithing. The law was abolished.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Ubenedictus(m): 8:31pm On Jan 23, 2013
Boomark:

what of false traditions? Infallibility will also uphold them too? If you can't see idolatry in bowing to images and going against God's command then i wonder what good thing Catholics can teach people about God.
does tradition bcome false simply because u said so? The catholic church in her catechism condemns idolatry but not veneration
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by truthislight: 10:33pm On Jan 23, 2013

Hmmm!

An oath of alligance is a very big obstacle!

Hmmm!,
the scriptures are secondary.

Na wao!
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Ubenedictus(m): 1:28pm On Jan 24, 2013
truthislight:
Hmmm!
An oath of alligance is a very big obstacle!
Hmmm!,
the scriptures are secondary.
Na wao!
where did u hear "the scriptures are secondary" certainly i never said dat. U are making dat up.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by ChiEluse: 8:37pm On Mar 30, 2013
I dont know if this thread is meant to advertise the Apostolic Faith Church or not and as much as I am not out to criticize those that have painted a picture of perfection of the church, I saw some untruth and hypocrisy in the statements they gave.
I know this church very well, and the fact is that they preach against going to the hospital or taking medication and up till now the doctrine is still being upheld, though we now have more and more of their members contravening that doctrine. Up till now their pregnant women are not expected to visit the hospital and they are made to deliver their babies at home or in the church. As a result many have lost their lives.
It is regarded as sin for you to have TV at home, and before you are made an officer in the church it will be investigated if you have TV at home. If you do you can remain an ordinary member of the congregation for life.
You cannot marry from outside the church, you are virtually excommunicated.
The fact that some members of the church deny all these goes a long way to tell how secretive the church is. And am sure that doesnt portray holiness at all.
I know about the case someone mentioned earlier of their pastor at akoko who impregnated a girl. There are cases of immorality like this in the church even up till now. A current wave also indicate two of their senior pastors (one in lagos and one in osun)scattering the marriage of their daughters.
I think God wants us to preach the Gospel, to preach Christ, and not the church and the doctrines of men.
The church is not perfect and in fact nowadays among the senior managers of the church are servants of the devil falsely calling themselves servants of God. They have an outward appearance of humility but in them are filthiness of dead men bones.
We all need to turn back to God as the end time is very near, And mind you the Bible says judgement will start from the house of God.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 30, 2013
^^^^^

Painful but true.

I was once a member and almost died because I refused medication.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by alexleo(m): 9:45pm On Mar 30, 2013
My brother you are not very familiar with the current events in the church. The issue of medication is no more strongly opposed as before and members who take it are not also being secretive. Human beings defer and as such some leaders might be still be very rigid about it and in those branches you ll see members keeping to the rigid stand but i tell you in some branches where the leaders are not rigid about it those laws are no more there. The issue of TV is out too. Come to our church and you ll see TV in offices( except like i said, where we have some leaders that take rigid stands on this issues). But generally the church is not against TV. Yeah we dont marry non members, but we dont also excommunicate those who do. If you have seen that in any branch then it has to do with the leadership of that branch and not the general practice of the church. Those policies are made to also help members and to shield them from entering the wrong marriage. My own stand is that someone that is saved should marry someone that is saved wether the person is in our church or not. But how can you be sure the person is saved when he is not your member and you dont have his/her christian track record? This are issues that brought about this policy. At least someone in your church you can tell better if he is saved or not(because its not all members that are saved). You can easily tell his christian track record, at least to the extent that the eye can see.
The other allegation about pastors impregnating somebody, this are personal issues and any pastor or church worker that does that is removed from his post immediately. The stand of the church about such situations is what you should be after not the action of an individual. That someone is a pastor doesnt mean he cannot sin and that the church preaches holiness in its fulness doesnt mean that every member is holy. Always separate individual actions from the church stand about an action

Chi Eluse: I dont know if this thread is meant to advertise the Apostolic Faith Church or not and as much as I am not out to criticize those that have painted a picture of perfection of the church, I saw some untruth and hypocrisy in the statements they gave.
Yeah we dont marry non members, but we dont also excommunicate those who do. If you have seen that in any branch then it has to do with the leadership of that branch and not the general practice of the church.
I know this church very well, and the fact is that they preach against going to the hospital or taking medication and up till now the doctrine is still being upheld, though we now have more and more of their members contravening that doctrine. Up till now their pregnant women are not expected to visit the hospital and they are made to deliver their babies at home or in the church. As a result many have lost their lives.
It is regarded as sin for you to have TV at home, and before you are made an officer in the church it will be investigated if you have TV at home. If you do you can remain an ordinary member of the congregation for life.
You cannot marry from outside the church, you are virtually excommunicated.
The fact that some members of the church deny all these goes a long way to tell how secretive the church is. And am sure that doesnt portray holiness at all.
I know about the case someone mentioned earlier of their pastor at akoko who impregnated a girl. There are cases of immorality like this in the church even up till now. A current wave also indicate two of their senior pastors (one in lagos and one in osun)scattering the marriage of their daughters.
I think God wants us to preach the Gospel, to preach Christ, and not the church and the doctrines of men.
The church is not perfect and in fact nowadays among the senior managers of the church are servants of the devil falsely calling themselves servants of God. They have an outward appearance of humility but in them are filthiness of dead men bones.
We all need to turn back to God as the end time is very near, And mind you the Bible says judgement will start from the house of God.

1 Like

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by PastorKun(m): 10:14pm On Mar 30, 2013
^^^
@Alexleo
You just confirmed to us that your 'church' is a cult.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by ChiEluse: 1:55pm On Mar 31, 2013
Pastor Kun: ^^^
@Alexleo

The truth is that the church is TRULY RUN LIKE A CULT.
Alexleo is not being sincere and truthful and I dont want to go further to cite cases which may involve mentioning names
But if am convinced at least in order to prevent anyone from being misled I may do that later.

The main problem of the church is that they wont accept they have problems, they claim anyone who doesnt attend their church after hearing about it is not genuinely saved and cannot get to Heaven.
Even after Our Lord Jesus Himself sent one of their members in Abuja to them that majority of them are masked, meaning they are hypocrites, with physical evidence of a cloth upon which "Jesus is coming soon" is written, they still refuse to change.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by alexleo(m): 5:11pm On Mar 31, 2013
Chi Eluse:

The truth is that the church is TRULY RUN LIKE A CULT.
Alexleo is not being sincere and truthful and I dont want to go further to cite cases which may involve mentioning names
But if am convinced at least in order to prevent anyone from being misled I may do that later.

The main problem of the church is that they wont accept they have problems, they claim anyone who doesnt attend their church after hearing about it is not genuinely saved and cannot get to Heaven.
Even after Our Lord Jesus Himself sent one of their members in Abuja to them that majority of them are masked, meaning they are hypocrites, with physical evidence of a cloth upon which "Jesus is coming soon" is written, they still refuse to change.

This is where you are having problem. Is it in the church constitution that anybody who is not their member is not a born again? I ve told you to separate the attitude of members from the official stand of the church. Dont mix the two together. Attitude of members is different from the church stand or church doctrines or traditions. When we say a church preaches holiness does it mean that all the members are holy? NO. You are just talking like someone who use to attend the church and had a personal issue with the church and left. Now you feel its time for you to hit back at them or whatever. PLS GO AHEAD AND DO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO DO. Frosbel was a member and he confirmed most of the things i wrote concerning the church and pointed out where he had problem with them. You just came and started pouring out your venom as if all the things written about the church are wrong. Pls go and learn how to make a balanced argument when you feel something is note exactly the way its presented before i continue with you. You are just here making noise about attitude of members and what Jesus showed about them. Did Jesus condemn the church stand and doctrine in what he showed the Abuja man? Was it not the same attitude of some members that he condemned. PLS IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO SEPARATE ISSUES THEN FEEL FREE TO HAVE WHATEVER NOTION ABOUT THEM. I COULDNT BE BOTHERED ANYWAY.

1 Like

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by alexleo(m): 5:13pm On Mar 31, 2013
Pastor Kun: ^^^
@Alexleo

Because they dont want you to jump in and marry their members? Thats your opinion and thats for you.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by ChiEluse: 8:40pm On Mar 31, 2013
alexleo:

This is where you are having problem. Is it in the church constitution that anybody who is not their member is not a born again? I ve told you to separate the attitude of members from the official stand of the church. Dont mix the two together. Attitude of members is different from the church stand or church doctrines or traditions. When we say a church preaches holiness does it mean that all the members are holy? NO. You are just talking like someone who use to attend the church and had a personal issue with the church and left. Now you feel its time for you to hit back at them or whatever. PLS GO AHEAD AND DO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO DO. Frosbel was a member and he confirmed most of the things i wrote concerning the church and pointed out where he had problem with them. You just came and started pouring out your venom as if all the things written about the church are wrong. Pls go and learn how to make a balanced argument when you feel something is note exactly the way its presented before i continue with you. You are just here making noise about attitude of members and what Jesus showed about them. Did Jesus condemn the church stand and doctrine in what he showed the Abuja man? Was it not the same attitude of some members that he condemned. PLS IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO SEPARATE ISSUES THEN FEEL FREE TO HAVE WHATEVER NOTION ABOUT THEM. I COULDNT BE BOTHERED ANYWAY.

Haba Alexleo, why do you have to take the issue too personal? Mind you I wasn't talking about attitude of people, moreso I would have said what is the meaning of the church, is it not people that make up the church? Maybe you need to go over my posts all over with an unbiased mind. I was actually pointing out the official standpoint of the church and what is even being preached on your pulpits, and the answers to questions raised during Sunday school reviews. Please have no ill feeling about me I only want you to say the truth and not half truth. It doesn't matter you may still find people who feels that's the church that suits them. Or better still lets just preach the Gospel and not the church.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by haibe(m): 7:08am On Apr 01, 2013
frosbel: ^^^^^

Painful but true.

I was once a member and almost died because I refused medication.

u mean be4 being a member oF deeper life or after?
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by alexleo(m): 6:21pm On Apr 01, 2013
Chi Eluse:

Haba Alexleo, why do you have to take the issue too personal? Mind you I wasn't talking about attitude of people, moreso I would have said what is the meaning of the church, is it not people that make up the church? Maybe you need to go over my posts all over with an unbiased mind. I was actually pointing out the official standpoint of the church and what is even being preached on your pulpits, and the answers to questions raised during Sunday school reviews. Please have no ill feeling about me I only want you to say the truth and not half truth. It doesn't matter you may still find people who feels that's the church that suits them. Or better still lets just preach the Gospel and not the church.

Am not quarreling with you dear. Did you go through my OP? Is there any place i said the church is the best church? Is there anything i wrote in the Op that is not correct? But you spoke as if i said its the best church or a perfect church. Yes some ministers may be on the pulpit and praise the church as they preach or review and that is a personal thing. The church did not state it in their constitution that ministers should do it. And of course, when someone is pleased with the practice or standard of an organization, its possible he may at one time or the other make some commendable comments about the place or praise the organization. However there are some other ministers who also will tell you in their sermon on the same pulpit that they are not here to preach church or to praise the church or to condemn other churches. If you have not heard such statements on our pulpit, i ve heard it several times and over. This is why i said that some of the things you talked about is an individual thing and those things are dying down now. During our National convention last year, our D.S or G.O(for those who do not understand) testified of when he came to our church newly and after hearing the word and praying, he went to the overseer of the church then and asked him which church will he advise him to be attending. The old man told him to go and pray and ask God to direct him on which church to attend and whichever one God directs him let him go there. He went to God in prayer and God told him that the church he attended now is where he wants him to be and thats why he was able to remain in the church till now in spite of all the trials and temptation he has passed over the years. Now some other Overseer/pastor may not have asked him to go and find out from God which church he should attend rather they ll tell him that he is already in the church he should attend. Thats why i said its an individual attitude. Now, if God directs somebody to come and worship in Apotolic Faith, that does not in any way mean that Apostolic Faith is the best church. Yet some members will also reason that Apostolic Faith is the best church and thats why God directed the person to the church. This is also why i said its an individual thing. Dont use it to generalize.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by seunlayi(m): 10:16pm On Apr 01, 2013
alexleo:

Am not quarreling with you dear. Did you go through my OP? Is there any place i said the church is the best church? Is there anything i wrote in the Op that is not correct? But you spoke as if i said its the best church or a perfect church. Yes some ministers may be on the pulpit and praise the church as they preach or review and that is a personal thing. The church did not state it in their constitution that ministers should do it. And of course, when someone is pleased with the practice or standard of an organization, its possible he may at one time or the other make some commendable comments about the place or praise the organization. However there are some other ministers who also will tell you in their sermon on the same pulpit that they are not here to preach church or to praise the church or to condemn other churches. If you have not heard such statements on our pulpit, i ve heard it several times and over. This is why i said that some of the things you talked about is an individual thing and those things are dying down now. During our National convention last year, our D.S or G.O(for those who do not understand) testified of when he came to our church newly and after hearing the word and praying, he went to the overseer of the church then and asked him which church will he advise him to be attending. The old man told him to go and pray and ask God to direct him on which church to attend and whichever one God directs him let him go there. He went to God in prayer and God told him that the church he attended now is where he wants him to be and thats why he was able to remain in the church till now in spite of all the trials and temptation he has passed over the years. Now some other Overseer/pastor may not have asked him to go and find out from God which church he should attend rather they ll tell him that he is already in the church he should attend. Thats why i said its an individual attitude. Now, if God directs somebody to come and worship in Apotolic Faith, that does not in any way mean that Apostolic Faith is the best church. Yet some members will also reason that Apostolic Faith is the best church and thats why God directed the person to the church. This is also why i said its an individual thing. Dont use it to generalize.
I beg dat church na correct church. It is only the church and my church -k Deeper life
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 01, 2013
seunlayi: I beg dat church na correct church. It is only the church and my church -k Deeper life

The Pride of MAN with his Boasting has nothing to do with GOD. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2015 Prophecies That Never Occured / How We Bought RCCG Redemption Campground For Just N6, 000 – Adeboye / 10 Ways Youths Act In Churches When They Have No Offering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.