Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,258 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church (34262 Views)

Words Mostly Used In Living Faith Church A.k.a Winners Chapel / Living Faith Church Has Six Million Members Across 147 Countries – Oyedepo / Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Nobody: 5:17am On Nov 25, 2012
alexleo:

Bible is God's word and thats where we stand.

How do we know the bible is God's word?

Ans:simply because the church fathers told us so.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Nobody: 5:18am On Nov 25, 2012
Mr. Ube, the Pope's follower and defender!!! I hope you also believe that 'WITHOUT THE POPE, THERE IS NO SALVATION'. At least, that is one of the traditions that was passed on by mouth to Catholics by one of their infallible Popes!!!

All Non-Catholics who do not believe in your Pope are hell bound!! Smh

I'd really like to know your take on that!

You might wanna go through this thread again: Salvation is only possible through the Vicar of Christ (The Pope)
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by truthislight: 6:30am On Nov 25, 2012
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by truthislight: 6:32am On Nov 25, 2012
Ubenedictus: and you are not following d bible that clearly says "hold on to d traditions..." u seem to be d person gambling with ur hope of eternal life by rejecting a part of scripture!

the true tradition does not contradict the bible my friend.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Boomark(m): 7:32am On Nov 25, 2012
chukwudi44:

How do we know the bible is God's word?

Ans:simply because the church fathers told us so.

And also what is written there is true. Any one that saw it will know.

When they became corrupt out of pride that they compiled the scripture and feeling that they own the scriptures, we are quick to detect and we will break every wing they have grown due to corrupt practices.

When the Israelites built temple for God and left Him to worship idol, He also left them.

Food for the brain.

3 Likes

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Boomark(m): 7:42am On Nov 25, 2012
seriallink: Mr. Ube, the Pope's follower and defender!!! I hope you also believe that 'WITHOUT THE POPE, THERE IS NO SALVATION'. At least, that is one of the traditions that was passed on by mouth to Catholics by one of their infallible Popes!!!

You might wanna go through this thread again: Salvation is only possible through the Vicar of Christ (The Pope)

That is why they are ashamed to mention one of the oral traditions because they contradict the scripture at full glare.

2 Likes

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by italo: 6:16pm On Nov 25, 2012
Ubenedictus: dear italo,
this wasnt necessary, bookmark learnt a type of christianity where he doesnt even know about the church fathers and the role they played in transmiting the Gospel. Your advise was ok though but the way you put it makes it problematic.
Peace dear!

Thank you for this. At times it can be challenging to deal with the hypocrisy.

Still we must try.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by italo: 6:22pm On Nov 25, 2012
alexleo:

Great advice. My dear Italo pls dont ignore this advice. God bles you.

Oh! So you are still alive... Thank God for that.

Why don't you then answer the question I asked you ages ago?

Who appointed the Apostolic Faith Church the authentic interpreter of the Bible for the rest of Christendom?
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Ubenedictus(m): 10:31pm On Nov 25, 2012
seriallink: Mr. Ube, the Pope's follower and defender!!! I hope you also believe that 'WITHOUT THE POPE, THERE IS NO SALVATION'. At least, that is one of the traditions that was passed on by mouth to Catholics by one of their infallible Popes!!!

sorry madam, but how wish u learnt to interprete b4 u presume! Listen to the teaching clearly it says:
1. Salvation is by christ Jesus,
2. The tool of the said salvation is d body of christ,
3. The minister to that body is the pope!
No one therefore shuld claim to make another body by which others shuld be saved and to be it minister thereof and if that body isn't d body of christ it isnt 4 salvation.
Please note that the said statement are not aimed at anybody and catholic believe God will and can save wu he wishes even a pagan not to talk of a protestant.
http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/p123a9p3.htm read §846 down it address ur question. I won't be accused of ur misunderstanding of what i believe!
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Ubenedictus(m): 10:49pm On Nov 25, 2012
truthislight:

the true tradition does not contradict the bible my friend.
i already answered this b4. It seem u have an unhealthy habit of repeating on post again and again. I asked u b4 and i ask u again, are u ok?
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Nobody: 11:10pm On Nov 25, 2012
Ubenedictus: sorry madam, but how wish u learnt to interprete b4 u presume! Listen to the teaching clearly it says:
1. Salvation is by christ Jesus,
2. The tool of the said salvation is d body of christ,
3. The minister to that body is the pope!
No one therefore shuld claim to make another body by which others shuld be saved and to be it minister thereof and if that body isn't d body of christ it isnt 4 salvation.
Please note that the said statement are not aimed at anybody and catholic believe God will and can save wu he wishes even a pagan not to talk of a protestant.
http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/p123a9p3.htm read §846 down it address ur question. I won't be accused of ur misunderstanding of what i believe!

Oh, okay!! You are the same FAĢĢOT calling me madam of the other thread right?

When you have no point to make, you quickly resort to your normal homo lust to run away from the topic right? It's very clear that you are 100% FAĢ!!! I Smh for what your Church has taught you!!

I'm no gay Mr. Ube, if you are looking for an aśś to blow, you better talk. There are alot on Nairaland!!!

Back to my question, do you believe that without the Pope there is no salvation for you?

Answer my question Mr. Ube....
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Ubenedictus(m): 11:25pm On Nov 25, 2012
seriallink:
Oh, okay!! You are the same FAĢĢOT calling me madam of the other thread right?

When you have no point to make, you quickly resort to your normal homo lust to run away from the topic right? It's very clear that you are 100% FAĢ!!! I Smh for what your Church has taught you!!

I'm no gay Mr. Ube, if you are looking for an aśś to blow, you better talk. There are alot on Nairaland!!!

Back to my question, do you believe that without the Pope there is no salvation for you?
Answer my question Mr. Ube....
unfortunately it seems u mistook me for another, i'm no gay neither am i d person on "the other thread". I simply thought u were a she. And i'm no prostitute, i dont go abt looking 4 someone to "blow" and if i do need someone to "blow" it will be my wife, it is a pity that d first thought that ran thru ur mind was gay and "blow".
And to the question he wu acknowledges a truth i don't act accordingly is a hypocrite! If i acknowledge the pope is a minister to all christ flock and refuse to give him ear then i will most certainly answer 4 it b4 God. As christ said "if u were blind u would have been faultless but since u admit that you see..."
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 25, 2012
^^^ Now, you are talking!! I never meant to write all that but I was angry when I saw your post, after warning one jimmy_jones for calling me 'madam' on the Pope's thread the other day, you were there; so, I was surprised you called me that again today! Well, I never knew you didn't know. But It's very annoying to call a man 'madam' when he isn't gay! That was just my point brah!

And as for your Pope, I do not agree with what you said, because it's unscriptural. Your Popes are infallible but the scripture isn't? Smh!!!
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Ubenedictus(m): 11:51pm On Nov 25, 2012
seriallink: ^^^ Now, you are talking!! I never meant to write all that but I was angry when I saw your post, after warning one jimmy_jones for calling me 'madam' on the Pope's thread the other day and you were there; so, I was surprised you called me that again today! Well, I never knew you didn't know. But It's very annoying to call a man 'madam' when he isn't gay! That was just my point brah!

And as for your Pope, I do not agree with what you said, because it's unscriptural. Your Popes are infallible but the scripture isn't? Smh!!!
the scriptures are inerrant, and infallibility is a characteristic of the church and it is excercised by her leaders. "the church is the pillar and foundation of truth"
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Nobody: 11:59pm On Nov 25, 2012
Ubenedictus: the scriptures are inerrant, and infallibility is a characteristic of the church and it is excercised by her leaders. "the church is the pillar and foundation of truth"

Good, so, do you also agree that teachings/traditions handed by mouth should be verified from the scripture as written in Acts 17:11? Everything should be uniform you know?
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Ubenedictus(m): 12:24am On Nov 26, 2012
seriallink:

Good, so, do you also agree that teachings/traditions handed by mouth should be verified from the scripture as written in Acts 17:11?
that is what u think scripture said, well it doesnt!
Everything should be uniform you know?
i can agree with this
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 27, 2012
Ubenedictus: that is what u think scripture said, well it doesnt! i can agree with this

Mr. Ube,

This is from your favorite Catholic Douay-Rheims Bible translation:

Acts 17:11 Now these were more noble than those in Thessalonica, who received the word with all eagerness, daily searching the scriptures, whether these things were so.

The passage about clearly contradicts your dogma of papal infallibility!

Paul corrected Peter when he made a mistake praticising what was unscriptural([url=online-bible-study.net/douay-rheims-online-bible/Galatians/2/]Galatians 2:11-22-from your favorite DRV[/url])

Jesus himself rebuked Peter when Satan used him to tempt Jesus:

Mark 8:33 Who turning about and seeing his disciples, threatened Peter, saying: Go behind me, Satan, because thou savorest not the things that are of God, but that are of men.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Boomark(m): 2:15pm On Nov 27, 2012
seriallink:

Mr. Ube,

Acts 17:11 Now these were more noble than those in Thessalonica, who received the word with all eagerness, daily searching the scriptures, whether these things were so.

Paul corrected Peter when he made a mistake praticising what was unscriptural([url=online-bible-study.net/douay-rheims-online-bible/Galatians/2/]Galatians 2:11-22-from your favorite DRV[/url])

Mark 8:33 Who turning about and seeing his disciples, threatened Peter, saying: Go behind me, Satan, because thou savorest not the things that are of God, but that are of men.

Good work bro!

He wount agree with what the scriptures said but will quickly rush and grab whatever their church fathers say.

1 Like

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by ijawkid(m): 2:35pm On Nov 27, 2012
Ubenedictus: and if i do need someone to "blow" it will be my wife, ..."

I never knew you were married UBE....abeg I throway salute........shun SIR!!!!!!!!.......
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Ubenedictus(m): 12:49am On Nov 29, 2012
seriallink:
Mr. Ube,
it seems u have been doing homework on me, interesting!

try to read and apply commonsense when u read, when paul was preaching to the thess. The NT hadn't been written that mean d thessalonians were reading d old testament, they were making sure whatever paul claimed to quote from d OT was truly in d OT. I repeat a little commonsense, hope u wont tell xtians to read d ot alone becos that is what thessalonians did!
Well ijawman try again!

this is a stupid lie, papal infallibility doesnt say u shuldnt read scriptures. The passage doesnt even touch my dogma

that isn't new my friend peter was rebuked for wrong practice not for wrong teaching papal infalliability doesnt say d pope has d best practice it say by d guidance of holy spirit the church teaching true doctrine either thru d pope or thru all bishops in a council. Please learn, peter didnt preach heresy so dat passage doesn't affect my stance either.
Try another one!

and bishops have be known to rebuke popes, well type d name st catherine into google and u will see d story of a woman wu had the habit of rebuking popes. Papal infalliability doesn't say the pope can't be rebuked and it doesnt say d pope is faultless either.
Try another one.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Ubenedictus(m): 12:52am On Nov 29, 2012
Boomark:

Good work bro!

He wount agree with what the scriptures said but will quickly rush and grab whatever their church fathers say.
do u need glasses?
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Ubenedictus(m): 1:04am On Nov 29, 2012
ijawkid:

I never knew you were married UBE....abeg I throway salute........shun SIR!!!!!!!!.......
hmm...i didnt say i was married i said "if i need someone to 'blow' it will be my wife". It is neither a confirmation nor a denial that i have a wife, i dont reveal personal information on internet forums. Besides this is NL where moderators are more political than moral, no one stops another from insulting, so wu knows what will appear as insult 2morow, it may just be some stuff u revealed on some thread. Nah! I'd rather b d guy with just a username and views.
Peace
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by ijawkid(m): 7:00am On Nov 29, 2012
Ubenedictus: hmm...i didnt say i was married i said "if i need someone to 'blow' it will be my wife". It is neither a confirmation nor a denial that i have a wife, i dont reveal personal information on internet forums. Besides this is NL where moderators are more political than moral, no one stops another from insulting, so wu knows what will appear as insult 2morow, it may just be some stuff u revealed on some thread. Nah! I'd rather b d guy with just a username and views.
Peace

Ok.........but I still dey loyal......:-).......
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Ubenedictus(m): 12:57pm On Nov 30, 2012
ijawkid:

Ok.........but I still dey loyal......:-).......

i hear o! Atleast today u are patronising me, let me wait and see what i will b4 d sun goes down.
Oga i hail.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by ijawkid(m): 1:37pm On Nov 30, 2012
Ubenedictus: i hear o! Atleast today u are patronising me, let me wait and see what i will b4 d sun goes down.
Oga i hail.

lol......i've always been loyal my chief.....you will always be my comrade.....
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Ubenedictus(m): 10:14pm On Nov 30, 2012
ijawkid:

lol......i've always been loyal my chief.....you will always be my comrade.....
hmm...na u b cheif oh! U are in a gud mood mood today!
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Akell(m): 4:08pm On Dec 16, 2012
alexleo: Am not a pastor in the church. The main message here is the kingdom of God and his righteousness which this church sticks to. Do u know the church and have you come across them before?
i'm a member of the church...thanks for your unreserved description of the church and its tenet. May God continually bless and enrich ur coast...u could also join us in any of our branches
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Alsegzy: 5:47pm On Dec 16, 2012
The Apostolic Faith Church is a unique denomination. The message of salvation and holiness is preached fearlessly on the pulpits regardless of location and occasion. Many pastors today are apprehensive of declaring the whole truth to their congregation for the love of filthy lucre. This is never to be found in the Apostolic Faith Church where everyhing is done to the glory of God. Very much unlike many churches today where pastors have become the objects of worship.
I don't mean to be critical, but I wish to point some of the modern day anomalies in the body of Christ. How I wish pastors from many other denominations spend some time in this church with a burning message, get broken by the undiluted Word and be built up by the Holy Spirit that they may be better equipped to feed the sheep of God in their care. They should remember that it would be better not to be born than to mislead the precious souls for whom Jesus spilled all of His life blood.
This Christmas presents us all with another golden opportunity to humbly and sincerely examine our lives with a view to determining our level of preparedness for the Second Coming of our Great Lord and King which is now very imminent.
I'm glad to be a member of this divinely pastored church. I've been here for a decade and half. I hope to make the teachings of the Apostolic Faith Church practical in my life and be with the Lord forever when this transient life is over.
God bless every reader of this post.

Segun, Akure.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Alsegzy: 5:47pm On Dec 16, 2012
The Apostolic Faith Church is a unique denomination. The message of salvation and holiness is preached fearlessly on the pulpits regardless of location and occasion. Many pastors today are apprehensive of declaring the whole truth to their congregation for the love of filthy lucre. This is never to be found in the Apostolic Faith Church where everyhing is done to the glory of God. Very much unlike many churches today where pastors have become the objects of worship.
I don't mean to be critical, but I wish to point some of the modern day anomalies in the body of Christ. How I wish pastors from many other denominations spend some time in this church with a burning message, get broken by the undiluted Word and be built up by the Holy Spirit that they may be better equipped to feed the sheep of God in their care. They should remember that it would be better not to be born than to mislead the precious souls for whom Jesus spilled all of His life blood.
This Christmas presents us all with another golden opportunity to humbly and sincerely examine our lives with a view to determining our level of preparedness for the Second Coming of our Great Lord and King which is now very imminent.
I'm glad to be a member of this divinely pastored church. I've been here for a decade and half. I hope to make the teachings of the Apostolic Faith Church practical in my life and be with the Lord forever when this transient life is over.
God bless every reader of this post.

Segun, Akure.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by itslordmoh: 11:05pm On Dec 16, 2012
Ubenedictus:

and bishops have be known to rebuke popes, well type d name st catherine into google and u will see d story of a woman wu had the habit of rebuking popes. Papal infalliability doesn't say the pope can't be rebuked and it doesnt say d pope is faultless either.
Try another one.

So what exactly does it mean. I'm confused here.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by italo: 4:21am On Dec 17, 2012
google
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Boomark(m): 6:56am On Dec 17, 2012
itslordmoh:

So what exactly does it mean. I'm confused here.

It means that the church people should continue to see him as their means of salvation even though all are sinners/fallible including the infallible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo's Family Picture / Gay, Jide Macaulay To Be Ordained An Anglican Priest In The Church Of England / The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.