Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,186 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church (34254 Views)

Words Mostly Used In Living Faith Church A.k.a Winners Chapel / Living Faith Church Has Six Million Members Across 147 Countries – Oyedepo / Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by akinemma1: 5:57pm On Nov 20, 2012
i will like to comment on the issue of tithe.i believe it is the responsibility of the church to tell the people the truth and also emphasize on the truth.paying of tithes in the church should always be emphasized to the members of the church.don't be surprised,many people are in hell fire now just because they did not pay their tithes faithfully.holiness without paying your tithes amounts to nothing and leads you nowhere.remember he who does not pay his tithes faithfully is stealing what belongs to God and how can you be stealing from God and still expect to make it to heaven also the punishment for doing that is death.did you remember the story of achan who stole what belongs to God?he was punished alongside his family members with death.practising any other form of biblical giving without tithing is a waste of time and it will lead you no where.paying of tithe is not optional but compulsory for every christian aspiring to make heaven.if tithing was not important,God will not have accussed the israelite of robbing him.i believe the paying of tithes should be included in their sermons and the people should be made to know the dangers of not paying thier tithes so that the guilt will not be on the pastors.i will like you to read the testimony of angelica zambrano the equadorian girl that wasshown heaven and hell fire by our lord Jesus christ.this will help you to know the importance of tithing.i pray God will continue to uphold the church and perfect every imperferction in the church in Jesus name.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by italo: 6:54pm On Nov 20, 2012
obalola7:

I am not guessing, but will like to elaborate on the issue of authorization. There were many disciples that were called in the time of Jesus, but many left except the 12 and eventually one also left due to greed and later Paul filled the place for Judas. The preaching of the twelve disciples are different from each other, but carry the same content. While other church might be preaching holiness, some might preach it and radicalized it.

So what i am saying is that, Apostolic Faith might be one of the disciple church with authority from Heave capably of preaching and radicalizing it, however, Apostolic Faith might still also be striving for perfection, because, no entity on this earth is perfect.

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TRANSLATE THIS TO ENGLISH OR PIDGIN? undecided
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by alexleo(m): 11:26pm On Nov 20, 2012
Story story.

italo:

Let me point out ONE for now. The teaching that the Bible is the final authority and that all Christian teachings should be Bible based is not "Bible based" (not in the Bible). Because the Bible was compiled and created almost 400 years after Jesus died and there were already Christian teachings before then. The Bible does not even say that we should read the Bible. The Bible does not even say that Jesus told his apostles to make a Bible. The Bible doesn't mention "Bible", so where does your Church get the book or even the word from? St. Paul say in 2Thess 2:15 "Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle." But what does your Church do? It only tries to stand fast and hold the traditions that have been taught by letter but abandons the ones taught by word of mouth. You can see that your Church is going contrary to what St. Paul said under the inspiration of The Holy Spirit, yet it claims to be under the inspiration of the same Holy Spirit.

And still, I humbly demand an answer to my question:

WHO APPOINTED "THE APOSTOLIC FAITH CHURCH" AS THE AUTHENTIC INTERPRETER OF THE BIBLE for all the other hundreds of thousands of "churches" that teach something different based on their own interpretation of the Bible, and where does the Bible say that?

That is another teaching of your "church" that is not in the Bible, unless you can show me.

I thought by now you would have changed this dubious and unchristian attitude of dodging questions.

1 Like

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by alexleo(m): 11:39pm On Nov 20, 2012
Zikkyy:

You had to disown your church before responding to italo, why na?

You didnt make sense here because i just replied the way bookmark asked me the question. Why should i deny my church
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Zikkyy(m): 5:16am On Nov 21, 2012
alexleo:
You didnt make sense here because i just replied the way bookmark asked me the question. Why should i deny my church

grin are you sure? okay check out bookmark second question:

Boomark:
My own Question is: do they believe in trinity?

....and your response below

alexleo:
Yes [size=14pt]we[/size] believe in trinity.

boomark was not asking if you believe in trinity abi? but you were a bit more comfortable with this question and proud to be associated with the church smiley anyhow, don't mind me sha, posting here is usually for fun.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Boomark(m): 8:22am On Nov 21, 2012
italo:

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TRANSLATE THIS TO ENGLISH OR PIDGIN? undecided

what do you mean by Christian teachings that are not in the bible? Do you have have recordings of the oral ones done by the apostles?

1 Like

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by italo: 6:24pm On Nov 22, 2012
Boomark:

what do you mean by Christian teachings that are not in the bible? Do you have have recordings of the oral ones done by the apostles?

Yes, we have recordings of traditions passed to us, not by the epistles in the Bible, but by word of mouth from the Apostles and early church fathers.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Boomark(m): 7:50pm On Nov 22, 2012
italo:

Yes, we have recordings of traditions passed to us, not by the epistles in the Bible, but by word of mouth from the Apostles and early church fathers.

Are you lying or you're joking? Is this what you are taught to do?

SMH in waterproof!!

How can italo be telling me a truthful impossibility biko nu? Don't you know its like telling someone that you have the pictures of jesus.

I don't need what your fathers say. I want to hear the sound of apostle Paul's voice.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by italo: 7:30am On Nov 23, 2012
When I said "recordings," I didn't mean 'tape recordings." You obviously didn't figured that out.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Boomark(m): 4:15pm On Nov 23, 2012
italo: When I said "recordings," I didn't mean 'tape recordings." You obviously didn't figured that out.

What type of record is that?

Is it jotter?
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by italo: 7:01pm On Nov 23, 2012
@ Boomark,

Go and read the Church Fathers.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Ubenedictus(m): 8:20pm On Nov 23, 2012
Boomark:

Are you lying or you're joking? Is this what you are taught to do?

SMH in waterproof!!

How can italo be telling me a truthful impossibility biko nu? Don't you know its like telling someone that you have the pictures of jesus.

I don't need what your fathers say. I want to hear the sound of apostle Paul's voice.
and apostle pauls voice says "hold on to the tradition..."
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Ubenedictus(m): 8:21pm On Nov 23, 2012
italo: @ Boomark,

hmmm...
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by truthislight: 10:58pm On Nov 23, 2012
Ubenedictus: and apostle pauls voice says "hold on to the tradition..."

if the words of the apostle paul that is written in the bible is the evidence/authority you have for hanging unto tradition, why are you then ignoring other words of the same apostles contain in the same bible in favour of "your" traditions?

Should not the tradition be secondary in force to words of the apostles?

Though what you have as tradition is not what should be considered as the tradition the real traditions dont contradict the bible that you derived your authority from for use of your "the tradition"

2 Likes

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by italo: 3:41am On Nov 24, 2012
truthislight:

if the words of the apostle paul that is written in the bible is the evidence/authority you have for hanging unto tradition, why are you then ignoring other words of the same apostles contain in the same bible in favour of "your" traditions?

Should not the tradition be secondary in force to words of the apostles?

Though what you have as tradition is not what should be considered as the tradition the real traditions dont contradict the bible that you derived your authority from for use of your "the tradition"

You should read the whole verse. It says "hold fast to the traditions we passed to you EITHER BY WORD OF MOUTH or by letter.

So the tradition is God's word, part of it passed onto us by letter, part of it by letter.

It is easy for you to accuse other people of following "unscriptural" traditions but examine yourself first, Which of the trdition passed by word of mouth do you hold fast to? NONE.

You are the one going against scripture.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Boomark(m): 6:57am On Nov 24, 2012

I don't need what your church fathers said. Cos i don't know if they might be doing things that made Christ said He will vomit this church @ Rev 3:16. That church might be confident in what they are doing but not knowing they are wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Boomark(m): 7:18am On Nov 24, 2012
italo:

You should read the whole verse. It says "hold fast to the traditions we passed to you EITHER BY WORD OF MOUTH or by letter.

So the tradition is God's word, part of it passed onto us by letter, part of it by letter.

It is easy for you to accuse other people of following "unscriptural" traditions but examine yourself first, Which of the trdition passed by word of mouth do you hold fast to? NONE.

Which oral traditions do you want us to hold unto? Tradition according to the scriptures or according to ur church.

*Bowing to and kneeling before an exact image of someone you don't know?
*Praying with the rosary? Etc.

Seems the oral tradition you are referring to is the one from you church fathers not from the apostles.

2 Likes

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by truthislight: 7:59am On Nov 24, 2012
italo:

the truth be told.

the actual tradition that paul had in mind will not contradict the apostles epistles(NT) just like the NT does not contradict itself, infact, just like the bible does not contradict itself.

Think about that.

1 Like

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by italo: 8:06am On Nov 24, 2012
truthislight:
the truth be told.

the actual tradition that paul had in mind will not contradict the apostles epistles(NT) just like the NT does not contradict itself, infact, just like the bible does not contradict itself.

Think about that.

My friend, it wasn't me that said you should hold fast to the traditions passed down, either by WORD OF MOUTH or by letter. It was St. Paul speaking under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

That is what I'm doing but you want to force me to disobey the Holy Spirit and do like you by holding fast to only traditions passed by letter.

NO, I WON'T.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by italo: 8:12am On Nov 24, 2012
@ Boomark,

There are many anti-Catholic threads on nairaland where you can go and display your stupidity as you always do.

This thread is primarily about The Apostolic Faith Church and its teachings and practices.

But as you go on to vent your stupidity, try to find out what we mean when we say "Church Fathers" and read about them.

It won't make you less stupid, I'm sure...but it will make you more informed.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Boomark(m): 4:50pm On Nov 24, 2012

There are many anti-Catholic threads on nairaland where you can go and display your stupidity as you always do.

This thread is primarily about The Apostolic Faith Church and its teachings and practices.

But as you go on to vent your stupidity, try to find out what we mean when we say "Church Fathers" and read about them.

Hahaha.
If telling you to quit the oral tradition of worshiping idol makes you see me as being stupid then i will be stubbornly stupid.

You want to tell me what your church fathers said instead of the apostles which we are focusing on? I have not even told you what my church pastors said.

Would you mind telling us some of the oral traditions.

1 Like

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Ubenedictus(m): 4:56pm On Nov 24, 2012
italo:

amen
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Ubenedictus(m): 5:11pm On Nov 24, 2012
truthislight:
the truth be told.
Think about that.
there is no contradiction in the deposit of faith, no contradiction in d tradition handed by mouth and the tradition handed by epistle.
I repeat there is no contradiction in the word of God, no contradiction between the tradition of mouth and the tradition of epistle. It is one word of God delivered thru words and epistle and i repeat for the third time it doesnt contradict.
Paul made it clear that the christian must accept both the tradition delivered by mouth and that delivered by epistle. One who accepts one and ignores the other is not following the word of God. That is why i rely in the word of God for doctrine and that word was delivered thru the apostle by word and epistle.
The so-called contradiction u seem to see is a figment of your imagination, it doesnt exist in reality.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Ubenedictus(m): 5:19pm On Nov 24, 2012

dear italo,
this wasnt necessary, bookmark learnt a type of christianity where he doesnt even know about the church fathers and the role they played in transmiting the Gospel. Your advise was ok though but the way you put it makes it problematic.
Peace dear!
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by truthislight: 7:26pm On Nov 24, 2012
Ubenedictus: there is no contradiction in the deposit of faith, no contradiction in d tradition handed by mouth and the tradition handed by epistle.
I repeat there is no contradiction in the word of God, no contradiction between the tradition of mouth and the tradition of epistle. It is one word of God delivered thru words and epistle and i repeat for the third time it doesnt contradict.
Paul made it clear that the christian must accept both the tradition delivered by mouth and that delivered by epistle. One who accepts one and ignores the other is not following the word of God. That is why i rely in the word of God for doctrine and that word was delivered thru the apostle by word and epistle.
The so-called contradiction u seem to see is a figment of your imagination, it doesnt exist in reality.

verbal communication is what you have?

Reported peach is liable to corruption.

Not when satan is so powerful that he even made "in road on the epistle" how much less the so call oral tradition that are not even of christ apostles but of men, even though we had been warn that after the dead of the apostles apostacy will kick in.
2these. 2:1-5

you are gambling with your chances of everlasting life.

Any writing that does contradict the epistle(NT bible) is a risk.

My friend, this is not a family business, dont take chances with your hope of everlasting life.
Peace

2 Likes

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by alexleo(m): 7:56pm On Nov 24, 2012
truthislight:

My friend, this is not a family business, dont take chances with your hope of everlasting life.
Peace

Great advice. My dear Italo pls dont ignore this advice. God bles you.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Boomark(m): 8:13pm On Nov 24, 2012
Ubenedictus: dear italo,
this wasnt necessary, bookmark learnt a type of christianity where he doesnt even know about the church fathers and the role they played in transmiting the Gospel. Your advise was ok though but the way you put it makes it problematic.
Peace dear!

My dear am following Christ not church fathers. You can go ahead with the traditions of men which they have given you.

I have my bible and i read it. You have your bulletins and you read them.

1 Like

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 24, 2012
Boomark:

My dear am following Christ not church fathers. You can go ahead with the traditions of men which they have given you.

I have my bible and i read it. You have your bulletins and you read them.

Some the biblical information like the authours of the gospels were equally sourced through the church fathers.Hope u don't mind discarding them.

Above all these church fathers gave us the bible.They told us which of the several writings are genuine scriptures.Live with that.

Even the bullettins contain biblical passages.Don't forget the bible neva exixted before the fourth century.the apostles and the prophets of old were dealing with individual books and passages which are akin to bullettins
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by alexleo(m): 10:49pm On Nov 24, 2012
chukwudi44:

Some the biblical information like the authours of the gospels were equally sourced through the church fathers.Hope u don't mind discarding them.

Above all these church fathers gave us the bible.They told us which of the several writings are genuine scriptures.Live with that.

Even the bullettins contain biblical passages.Don't forget the bible neva exixted before the fourth century.the apostles and the prophets of old were dealing with individual books and passages which are akin to bullettins

Bible is God's word and thats where we stand.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Ubenedictus(m): 12:15am On Nov 25, 2012
alexleo:

Bible is God's word and thats where we stand.
a very good stand, but do you know that there was no compiled bible till the 4th cent and many books claim to b "d word of God"? Does that mean d word of God was not in existence till the 4th cent? A little christian history lesson will do you much good!
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Ubenedictus(m): 12:17am On Nov 25, 2012
truthislight:

verbal communication is what you have?

Reported peach is liable to corruption.

Not when satan is so powerful that he even made "in road on the epistle" how much less the so call oral tradition that are not even of christ apostles but of men, even though we had been warn that after the dead of the apostles apostacy will kick in.
2these. 2:1-5

Peace
and you are not following d bible that clearly says "hold on to d traditions..." u seem to be d person gambling with ur hope of eternal life by rejecting a part of scripture!
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Nobody: 3:28am On Nov 25, 2012
Ubenedictus: and you are not following d bible that clearly says "hold on to d traditions..." u seem to be d person gambling with ur hope of eternal life by rejecting a part of scripture!

What you guys are defending is completely unscriptural. Any tradition taught by mouth should go with what the scriptures says and not against it. Even Paul's teachings were verified from the scripture, so, I really do not know where you guys are getting this idea that teachings/traditions that doesn't have scriptural backings should also be followed by all Christians.

How then do we verify these traditions, since we weren't there when they were handed by mouth Or are you saying your Church Priests are still handing some of these unscriptural traditions by mouth today? *Smh*

The word of God, whether handed by mouth or letters are not supposed to contradict the ones in the scripture.

Acts 17:11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Ways Youths Act In Churches When They Have No Offering / Bishop Oyedepo's Family Picture / Gay, Jide Macaulay To Be Ordained An Anglican Priest In The Church Of England

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.