Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,298 members, 7,836,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano (33923 Views)

Buhari Gets Accolades At Uk House Of Lords, As Troops Nab Sect Leader / Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai / Military Arrests Boko Haram Chief-Cameraman Alongside Other 2 Suspects(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano by Malawian(m): 11:16pm On May 11, 2012
grin that Rhino5dm guy must be an evil genius. He is the one that started this thread. He probably knowingly used osun instead of oyo and then has been expertly controlling the discuss by picking holes in the article, a hole he deliberatly put there. Vanguard says oyo state but Rhinos tribal paper "sahara reporters" is still to carry the news. Rhino nwannem, jee rachaa ofe mmanu ka afo noo gi nwayo.
Re: JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano by Sealeddeal(m): 11:22pm On May 11, 2012
alpontif: I hate commenting on Nairaland threads, for reasons best understood by right thinking people, but the ton of crap being poured out on this particular thread makes the task of commenting less revolting to me.

People have to realize the gravity, and impact of what they write on here, and its implications in the real world. Whatever is posted or published on a pervasively accessible public forum can, if sensitive enough lead to consequences that are more complex and are as unexpected as the butterfly effect.

People on here are passing off personal opinions as actual, factual information. Discussants are purposefully creating mischievous information just for the sake of their ego. The particularly annoying thing is that they continue to defend the indefensible in the face of actual facts. People defend points that are fundamentally illogical at first glance, and out-rightly laughable upon deep analysis. Even though some of these false information are laughable, the consequences are not. The consequences of misinformation are terrible. Misinformation has been known to kill people, cause wars, create problems and create calamity. This is why Journalism is a profession. So that we will be reasonably assured as to the factuality of the information been passed across as News. It is an error of impermissible and unpardonable proportions for a journalistic outfit not to verify, ascertain, cross check, edit and be sure of the facts surrounding a story. It is an error of epic proportions for a Journalist to interchange Ogbomosho In Oyo state for Ogbomosho in Osun State, assuming there was no mischievous intention in the act, where is the professionalism behind the report? if a Journalist can not be sure as to the actual geographical location of a cogent point in a report, how credible can that journalist be, how competent is he/her, how reliable is the information.....Journalism is a profession, No errors ARE ALLOWED , because of the grave consequences it can have, on the polity, and the people.based on this anybody who takes that report serious must have his head checked.

But we are idealists, so let us assume just for the sake of argument that certain facts of the report are true( minus the City Name). Does it matter that a BH Suspect is Yoruba? or Igbo? or Tiv.....?.........as long as you will not be spared in a terrorist attack if you are targeted, then it doesn't matter. We need to stop looking at things from A Tribal or religious or Political party point of view, because in the long run it doesn't solve the problems on ground, it only exacerbates them. WE are youths, let us stop been petty, let us stop sounding immature, we all know the problems we have in this country, let us STOP discussing the problems. Let us start discussing PRAGMATIC solutions. I know most of the smart people DONT Comment, It is usually the empty barrels who make the most noise. let us stop the ethnic, religious, political noise making...let us Talk and reason together. Please people. You are better than THIS. Rise above the ethnic barriers you have raised and start seeing issues objectively.
.....guy,the person dat uploaded this story could've picked the story from ass journalist.vanguard put it right.if u are not satisfied with this one,go and read vanguard.but i must say it,its wrong to call ogbomosho, osun but its not a sin.
Re: JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano by dapachez: 11:31pm On May 11, 2012
I thought ogbomoso was in oyo state or has the nigerian map been altered cos the last time i went to baptist medical centre it was in ogbomoso oyo state not osun . Maybe there is another one in osun state
Ilaje44: These guys are using every opportunity to denigrate Osun state. And those who are quick to write non sense about Osun state, I'd advice you to get your map and look up Ogbomosho. That town is not an Osun town. Is either some made an erroneous or a delibrate mistake.
Re: JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano by SamIkenna: 11:35pm On May 11, 2012
Cant believe the denial here, I'm shocked. You wonder why we've always had mean thieves as leaders? I recall the day I was explaining why and how tribalism gave birth to corruption in Nigeria and one Nler was vehemently opposed to my assertion. In fact he, probably, e-slapped and e-kicked me in his dreams for making a bold statement that the official corruption in Nigeria was due to tribalism. I respect ekt_bear for accepting the uncomfortable truth (mind you I dont share his view that Islam is evil) that there is a possibilty the suspect could be SW.

The day I read about one Igbo guy having some biz with Boko Haram I was very mad but I realized my anger was more like 60% - because hes Igbo and 40% - because hes in killing business. In the nutshell my anger stems from pride rather than truth and justice. The road to my deliverance was in realizing that pride should not blind me from any naked truth - if a criminal is white, black, brown, extraterrestial - lets apply the same dose of justice no matter his affiliation, color, hue, religion, etc.

I was thinking that at this moment in our national life whoever bombs, kills, or steals from us should be our public enemy irrespective of where he's from, I guess I was wrong. Who knows, the man could be innocent, hes not yet interrogated and we're exonerating him based on ethnicity, we should be ashamed. As an Igbo man, I 'll say this to FG - if you find an Igbo Boko Haram, please do as you wish with him. If hes taken another man's life or intentionally participated in any capacity that led to another man's death, injury, or hurt, please dont hesitate to give him what he deserves. Lives must be saved by all means and whoever is in the business of hurting people should be made to taste that which he cooked for others, be he Yoruba, Ijaw, Fulani, Igbo, Isoko, etc. We've lost enough souls in this hellish nation and it'll foolish of us to trivialize any man's crime because of ethnic pride.

Besides, for one man that brings shame to your group there is another bringing glory and honor. Its true a yoruba man made news today as a Boko Haram memeber, but another Yoruba, who is a dean of one of the Depts in my alma mater, made a great news that didnt even filter into Nigeria. He is a great man and one of the most intelligent Profs from Nigeria and he is about to head the 25th best engineering school in the world (arguably), it used to be ranked 13th best, dont know what happened.

Anyway, for one Suleiman there is one Adesina. So if you're reading my post then its time to get over yourself with this ethnic garbage. Grow up and accept there is always going to be a bad apple in you family, race, creed, color, or whatever.

3 Likes

Re: JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano by mrborn2fuck(m): 11:37pm On May 11, 2012
Ndata: So Yoruba self don't join Boko Haram? Nigeria don't finish be that.No wonder they threatened to bomb Lagos.
biko, check the name now AbdulSalam Muhammad, na real aboki name
Re: JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano by SamIkenna: 11:41pm On May 11, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
A terrorist was caught and he claimed to be from Ogbomosho in Osun state and you believed him? By way was he caught in Osun or Kano? Pick another line. No matter how hard you try, terrorism is a northern phenomena. SMH.

Do you honestly believe that only northern people are capable of terrorism? The last time I checked, more people have died in the hands of their kins men more than they did in the hands of outsiders. Whether you're killed by terrorists, armed robbers, juju, poison, military, etc death is death and we all have recieved more deaths from people we share the same ethnic group with.
Re: JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 11, 2012
Sam_Ikenna: Cant believe the denial here, I'm shocked. You wonder why we've always had mean thieves as leaders? I recall the day I was explaining why and how tribalism gave birth to corruption in Nigeria and one Nler was vehemently opposed to my assertion. In fact he, probably, e-slapped and e-kicked me in his dreams for making a bold statement that the official corruption in Nigeria was due to tribalism. I respect ekt_bear for accepting the uncomfortable truth (mind you I dont share his view that Islam is evil) that there is a possibilty the suspect could be SW.

The day I read about one Igbo guy having some biz with Boko Haram I was very mad but I realized my anger was more like 60% - because hes Igbo and 40% - because hes in killing business. In the nutshell my anger stems from pride rather than truth and justice. The road to my deliverance was in realizing that pride should not blind me from any naked truth - if a criminal is white, black, brown, extraterrestial - lets apply the same dose of justice no matter his affiliation, color, hue, religion, etc.

I was thinking that at this moment in our national life whoever bombs, kills, or steals from us should be our public enemy irrespective of where he's from, I guess I was wrong. Who knows, the man could be innocent, hes not yet interrogated and we're exonerating him based on ethnicity, we should be ashamed. As an Igbo man, I 'll say this to FG - if you find an Igbo Boko Haram, please do as you wish with him. If hes taken another man's life or intentionally participated in any capacity that led to another man's death, injury, or hurt, please dont hesitate to give him what he deserves. Lives must be saved by all means and whoever is in the business of hurting people should be made to taste that which he cooked for others, be he Yoruba, Ijaw, Fulani, Igbo, Isoko, etc. We've lost enough souls in this hellish nation and it'll foolish of us to trivialize any man's crime because of ethnic pride.

Besides, for one man that brings shame to your group there is another bringing glory and honor. Its true a yoruba man made news today as a Boko Haram memeber, but another Yoruba, who is a dean of one of the Depts in my alma mater, made a great news that didnt even filter into Nigeria. He is a great man and one of the most intelligent Profs from Nigeria and he is about to head the 25th best engineering school in the world (arguably), it used to be ranked 13th best, dont know what happened.

Anyway, for one Suleiman there is one Adesina. So if you're reading my post then its time to get over yourself with this ethnic garbage. Grow up and accept there is always going to be a bad apple in you family, race, creed, color, or whatever.

Thank you.
Re: JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano by omenziate(m): 12:33am On May 12, 2012
Sam_Ikenna: Cant believe the denial here, I'm shocked. You wonder why we've always had mean thieves as leaders? I recall the day I was explaining why and how tribalism gave birth to corruption in Nigeria and one Nler was vehemently opposed to my assertion. In fact he, probably, e-slapped and e-kicked me in his dreams for making a bold statement that the official corruption in Nigeria was due to tribalism. I respect ekt_bear for accepting the uncomfortable truth (mind you I dont share his view that Islam is evil) that there is a possibilty the suspect could be SW.

Succintly rendered, not all dis ACN/PDP crap, wild conspiracy theories with ethnic superiority inherent among Nairaland E-tribal warlords. God bless u jare. 2 plates of nkwobi for u.
Re: JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano by Beaf: 12:44am On May 12, 2012
As much as I have opposed ekt_bear in the past, I really respect his stance on this thread. Every topic on NL is being dragged to stup!d lows by ethnic bigots.
Boko haram is an evil that must be stopped, regardless of the ethnic makeup of its members.

In the past, I labelled Rhino.5dm a boko haram lover... The evidence is here for all to see. cool
Re: JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano by Yeske2(m): 12:50am On May 12, 2012
^^^
Brosé forget that rhino, na winch. Just surprised you're getting to know but ekt bear has always being suave and gentlemanly.
Re: JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano by Beaf: 12:58am On May 12, 2012
Yeske!:
^^^
Brosé forget that rhino, na winch. Just surprised you're getting to know but ekt bear has always being suave and gentlemanly.

Lol! Rhino.5dm once described the executed founder of boko haram as a "cool guy."
Nuff said. cool
Re: JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano by Beaf: 1:01am On May 12, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
And thier reasons??. . . Illegal clamping, jailing and continue detention of their members without any recourse to justice, ordered by the state government. This was done purposely to satisfy “other” high ranking Islamic scholars in the state (pseudo-political scholars) with different ideology and doctrine. Before this, there was the incident of refusal of allowing them to continue practicing their faith in the state.
The slain leader of Boko Haram was a cool guy (No pun intended), which can be invited to ANY discussion without any hesitant or refusal. From my personal study and understanding the motive of the group, [b]I won’t be far from the truth if I say the group came out to protest against the long failure of northern political oligarch[/b]y, which has violated every opportunity to transform and educate their masses. I have listen and watched Yusuf (slain Boko Haram) leader defending his ideology, which I think to some extent is mainly trying to create awareness to the crime of the politicians.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-762548.0.html

Does anyone need further evidence of just what Rhino.5dm represents?
Re: JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano by Obiagu1(m): 1:08am On May 12, 2012
Wonders shall never end! So Boko Haram was created by the Yoruba?
Why should they have to base in the North and not in the SW?
Re: JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano by Unitedabby(m): 1:27am On May 12, 2012
Ndata: So Yoruba self don't join Boko Haram? Nigeria don't finish be that.No wonder they threatened to bomb Lagos.
guy!dont be naive ok?i'm surprised at your coment when even a mad man knows that report was nothing but a make believe.cut off the folly would you?!

1 Like

Re: JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano by rabzy01: 1:55am On May 12, 2012
A man suspected
to be a Boko
Haram leader was
today arrested by
men of the Joint Security
Task-Force, on Friday
morning, in Hotoro area of
Kano state.
The suspect, Mohammed
Sulaiman who is now in
custody of security
operatives said to have come
in from Abuja, was arrested
alongside his mother, wife
and five children. The
building in which he was
arrested has also been
demolished.
A security source that took
part in the raid described
Mohammed to the AFP as
Boko Haram's head of
operations in Kano under the
group's suspected leader,
Abubakar Shekau.
Sources say the suspect hails
from Ogbomosho in Oyo
State.
Items recovered during the
raid include 10 military grade
explosive devices, about
1,000 rounds of AK47
ammunition and a sub-
machine gun.
"We had an operation this
morning... at a Boko Haram
hideout (in the northern city
of Kano). We made some
arrests but details will be
given later," Kano military
spokesman Lieutenant Iweha
Ikedichi told AFP.
http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=162191:suspected-boko-haram-commander-arrested-in-kano&catid=1:news&Itemid=2
Re: JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano by Beaf: 1:56am On May 12, 2012
United_abby: guy!dont be naive ok?i'm surprised at your coment when even a mad man knows that report was nothing but a make believe.cut off the folly would you?!

Please, lets get beyond trying to question the truth, because we think it impugns our ethnicity. It is a primitive thing to do.
For the record, there are Igbo, Ebira, Nupe, Yoruba etc members of boko haram. They only operate in the core-North, because the area favours such.
It would not suprise me if I hear tomorrow that Itsekiri and Urhobo members of boko haram have been arrested in the core-North.
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TWIST THE TRUTH FOR BIGOTED REASONS. Enough is enough of such primitive behaviour.

Here is another paper reporting the same story. So how can you claim it is make-believe?

[size=14pt]Yoruba Boko Haram Kingpin Arrested •As Gunmen Kill Kano Shiite Leader[/size]
Written by Kola Oyelere, Kano Saturday, 12 May 2012

THE Joint Task Force, (JTF) on Friday in Kano, arrested a high profile Boko Haram member, named Suleiman Mohammed, said to be a Yoruba, with his wife and five children during a raid at his residence in Farawa babban layi on the outskirt of the city.

The Kano State Commissioner Police, Mr. Ibrahim Idris, confirmed the arrest saying that: “the arrest came after a tip-off by some members of the public following suspicious movement of people into the house”.

He said that the suspected sect operational commander hailed from Ogbomosho in Oyo State.

According to the police chief, some sophisticated weapons recovered during the raid included. 1,000 live ammunition, a riffle, 10 cans of Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) and three pistols.

He claimed that the security agencies suspected that the prime suspect was behind some organised series of attacks on security operatives, churches and killing of some innocent citizens in the state.

When contacted, the spokesman of JTF Lieutenant Ikedichi Iweha, confirmed the arrest,but declined further details.

Meanwhile, some unknown gunmen shot and killed the leader of a Shiites group in Kano around 8 a.m on Friday morning according to reliable sources.

Sources said that the gunmen, suspected to be Boko Haram members, approached a prominent Shiites leader and Kano state civil servant, Alhaji Mohammed Alli at his home requesting to use one of his motorbikes for Jihad, but Alhaji Alli reportedly turned down the request and was promptly shot at a close range by the sect members.

Alhaji Alli, who lived in the Gadan Kaya area of Kano, was regarded as one of the richest Shiites residing in Kano.

His remains has since been deposited at the Murtala Mohammed hospital in Kano in preparation for burial according to Muslim rites.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sat/index.php/news/7366-yoruba-boko-haram-kingpin-arrested-as-gunmen-kill-kano-shiite-leader.html

1 Like

Re: JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano by Beaf: 2:01am On May 12, 2012
The long and short of my argument is:
If a Yoruba man is found to be part of boko haram, disown the devil. If an Isoko man is proven to be in boko haram, disown the fool and burn down his phucking property. Same goes for Birom, Ijaw, Bini, Ora, Tiv etc.

The way some poorly bred folk ethnicise political matters on NL is both infuriating and disgusting. I wish they were in the same room as me, so I could get boys to give them the physical once over of their sorry lives. angry

Boko haram is a national issue, do not spit on the dead and encourage the evil ones.

1 Like

Re: JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano by riskit33: 2:12am On May 12, 2012
Obiagul1, you'r such an ignoramus, go get some schooling joor

1 Like

Re: JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano by Beaf: 2:14am On May 12, 2012
riskit33: you'r such an ignoramus, go get some schooling joor

I wonder why cowards never use the quote button?
Re: JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano by riskit33: 2:25am On May 12, 2012
Beaf, you'r such a big bloody fool.

2 Likes

Re: JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano by Musiwa49: 2:26am On May 12, 2012
How can a Yorubaman be the leader of Boko haram, may be they want to frame him.. that how nigeria is.
Re: JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano by Beaf: 2:35am On May 12, 2012
riskit33: Beaf, you'r such a big bloody fool.

Coward.
You were born in the gutter, bred by the trash can and it shows.
Tell us your argument if you have one. Or is it just love for boko haram you are declaring?
Re: JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano by Nobody: 2:37am On May 12, 2012
Torch1:
SMH! You are a confused person.. You need to take a break and stop all these ur ranting all over Nairaland or should i invite Ejinè to come and shut up ur mouth..?

Fool, I'm Christian by birth, and I still go to church sometimes when I feel like it - but I'd choose IFA over Christianity any day...

And most Yorubas practise two faiths by the way - and combining IFA with Christianity isn't a sin in Yoruba culture.
Re: JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano by SamIkenna: 2:42am On May 12, 2012
shymmex:

Fool, I'm Christian by birth, and I still go to church sometimes when I feel like it - but I'd choose IFA over Christianity any day...

And most Yorubas practise two faiths by the way - and combining IFA with Christianity isn't a sin in Yoruba culture.

Please dont kill me with this line lol!
Are you saying I can go to Ifa's Kingdom on the last day? I mean, if God's kingdom is way too tough for me to get in can I try Ifa?
Lol! Nwanne, please choose who 'll serve. You can only serve one.
Re: JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano by Nobody: 2:44am On May 12, 2012
shymmex:

You can be whatever you like.

It's NOT cool though to present your self as a christian in one instance to buttress your argument and as an Ifa priest in another to avoid criticism.
That in my opinion is closer to a vice than virtue.
Re: JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano by SamIkenna: 2:48am On May 12, 2012
Musiwa,,:
How can a Yorubaman be the leader of Boko haram, may be they want to frame him.. that how nigeria is.

Why not? Is there any thing special in Yoruba that is not in Hausa, Ijaw, Ogoni, Igbo, Isoko, China, India, Arab, etc? I would be happy if you said - punish him more if hes Yoruba, and if hes non-Yoruba claiming to be Yoruba then bring him to Oyo or Osun lets give him Yoruba justice.
Re: JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano by SamIkenna: 3:02am On May 12, 2012
Someone did Nigeria proud, Lets see who'll claim him. This is another side of the coin, the better apple, he is called AH-dee uh-DISH-uh-duh, Lol! I'm particularly sorry for some of our Europian and Asian friends out there - they have to get used to this name - AH-dee uh-DISH-uh-duh. Anyway, back to issue. Who wan claim my man in whom I'm well pleased - and when you do please claim Suleiman too. Incase you dont know, Adesida is one of the most smartest brains out there and hes down to earth too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new provost’s name is pronounced ill-uh-SAH-me “AH-dee”
uh-DISH-uh-duh.

CHAMPAIGN, Ill. — Ilesanmi “Ade” Adesida, the dean of the College of Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, has been named vice chancellor for academic affairs and provost of the Urbana campus, pending approval of the board of trustees at its May 31 meeting in Chicago. He will assume his new role on Aug. 16.

Ilesanmi “Ade” Adesida | Photo by L. Brian Stauffer

Adesida has served in various roles since becoming a U. of I. faculty member in 1987. Named dean in 2006, he also has been a director of the Center for Nanoscale Science and Technology since 2001.

He will be assuming the post held by Richard Wheeler on an interim basis since January 2010.

“Dean Adesida’s global experience, expertise in innovation, and leadership in public and private partnerships has given him a solid foundation on which to build as he helps guide our campus forward,” said Phyllis Wise, the chancellor of the Urbana campus and a university vice president.

“He has an outstanding record of scholarship, a proven commitment to excellence, and an ability to successfully collaborate with colleagues at Illinois.”

Adesida and the other internal finalist for the position, Ruth Watkins, the dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, share vast experience and established connections, Wise said.

Adesida will play a critical role in developing and executing the next steps in the Visioning Future Excellence initiative, which has challenged staff and faculty members to submit new ideas that will be used to plot the Urbana campus’s course far into the future, Wise said.

“Dean Adesida will be a critical asset for our campus as we seek to more aggressively advance our mission,” Wise said. “I look forward to working with him as provost.”

Adesida, a Donald Biggar Willet Professor of Engineering, earned his undergraduate and doctoral degrees at the University of California, Berkeley. He served as a visiting assistant professor of electrical engineering at Cornell University in 1983, and was the head of the electrical engineering department at Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Nigeria, from 1985-87.

Adesida has supervised many graduate and undergraduate students, and their research projects. He also is a member of the National Academy of Engineering, the chair of the National Science Foundation’s engineering advisory committee, and a former chair of the American Society for Engineering Education’s engineering deans’ public policy committee. He has served on numerous committees for the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, and in 2009 received the Outstanding Alumnus Award from the department of electrical engineering and computer science at the University of California, Berkeley.
Re: JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano by Beaf: 3:08am On May 12, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Why not? Is there anything special in Yoruba that is not in Hausa, Ijaw, Ogoni, Igbo, Isoko, China, India, Arab, etc? I would be happy if you said - punish him more if hes Yoruba, and if hes non-Yoruba claiming to be Yoruba then bring him to Oyo or Osun lets give him Yoruba justice.

Help me ask these peeps, bro. There are certain things that are way to big to be ethnically belittled; boko haram is one.
One of the things that makes me proud as a Deltan is the fact that when Ibori thought he was a champ, it was we the Deltans that wrote all the letters to Abuja, the UK, US and EFCC. That is the way it should be.

I keep thanking God that a Yoruba man like ekt_bear has spoken so well on this thread.
Re: JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano by Nobody: 3:15am On May 12, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:
Please dont kill me with this line lol!
Are you saying I can go to Ifa's Kingdom on the last day? I mean, if God's kingdom is way too tough for me to get in can I try Ifa?
Lol! Nwanne, please choose who 'll serve. You can only serve one.

We all serve one God - and he's the creator... Are you telling me our ancestors won't make heaven??

How about the billions of people who're hindus, seikhs, and buddhists??

Religion is not the only way to 'heaven' - spirituality is, as long as you lead a holy life, brother..

It's better to align with any faith that gives you peace of mind, brother... I think IFA philosophy is what's missing in my life - and I shall be in Nigeria soon, to learn more about my ancestor's spirituality... IFA doesn't support sacrifices, and it's not voodoo.. IFA is a philosophy, and form of spirituality.

Ashe!
Re: JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano by SamIkenna: 3:27am On May 12, 2012
Beaf:

Help me ask these peeps, bro. There are certain things that are way to big to be ethnically belittled; boko haram is one.
One of the things that makes me proud as a Deltan is the fact that when Ibori thought he was a champ, it was we the Deltans that wrote all the letters to Abuja, the UK, US and EFCC. That is the way it should be.

I keep thanking God that a Yoruba man like ekt_bear has spoken so well on this thread.

ekt_bear has said some things that made me cringe, but on two occasions he wrote some pretty stuff that made me respect him. I understand we all have some much attachment to our ethnic groups but man some times you gat shed it and shame the devil. I mean, what is in there for you when someone you call your brother is caught with bombs and weapons? Man! disown the fool! If I see any Igbo with weapons and bombs and I happened to have a Knife - I'm stabbing the fool, I dont care if his weapons are to be used on other people - by the way is it other people that are worth dying? Man we need some common sense up in here. As far as I'm concerned, Suleiman or whatever hes called is on his own. His actions are personal and must be seen as such, it has absolutely nothing to do with Yoruba.
Re: JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano by Beaf: 3:41am On May 12, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:
[/b]
ekt_bear has said some things that made me cringe, but on two occasions he wrote some pretty stuff that made me respect him. I understand we all have some much attachment to our ethnic groups but man some times you gat shed it and shame the devil. I mean, what is in there for you when someone you call your brother is caught with bombs and weapons? Man! disown the fool! If I see any Igbo with weapons and bombs and I happened to have a Knife - I'm stabbing the fool, I dont care if his weapons are to be used on other people - by the way is it other people that are worth dying? Man we need some common sense up in here. As far as I'm concerned, Suleiman or whatever hes called is on his own. His actions are personal and must be seen as such, it has absolutely nothing to do with Yoruba.

I believe ekt_bear says cringeworthy stuff because he is more an American who is learning about Nigeria from 3rd parties. To some extent, that mitigates his words and stance.

As for defending ethnic groups stup!dly as has recently become the fashion on NL; I don't know if people are only pretending to be fools for a minutes hard on (or whatever). It is shocking behaviour that needs to be checked.
In any event, this guy is not even the first Yoruba man that has been caught for involvement with boko haram. Mid last year, a Yoruba top military shot was arrested and arraigned (Brigadier-General Muraina Raji). To the best of my knowledge, that has not impugned the Yoruba language and culture in any way. What Brigadier-General Muraina Raji is personal to him: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/escape-of-boko-haram-suspects-army-general-docked/

The stup!dity on NL is really getting out of hand these days. embarassed
I really hope that for our own good, people can begin to see beyond the self erected ethnic jails that keep their minds in chains.
Re: JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano by DeRescue: 4:57am On May 12, 2012

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust / EFCC Seizes Shema's Mansions & Properties (Photos) / Gallant Nigerian Soldier Killed In An Ambush While Fighting Boko Haram. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.