Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) - Romance (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) (49668 Views)

Who Are The Current Hottest Romance -land Couples? / Romance Section Battles 1. / Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Otosdd: 5:41pm On Jun 11, 2012
Nigersexy where are u, are u ok?
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 13, 2012
^ I am okay ooo. Thank you for your concern. smiley

Honestly, I have no excuse as to why I have not completed this story. I just kind of lost touch with the whole tale after that illness. Hmm. I am working on getting back to it as soon as I can (Later today). I am not in the habit of starting what I can't finish, so don't worry. smiley

Make una nor vex for me abeg. Sorry. lol
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Otosdd: 4:55pm On Jun 13, 2012
Welcome back its nice to hear frm u after such a long time. Oya continue frm where u 4stop, we are waiting
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by davestead(m): 9:16pm On Jun 13, 2012
naijasexy: ^ I am okay ooo. Thank you for your concern. smiley

Honestly, I have no excuse as to why I have not completed this story. I just kind of lost touch with the whole tale after that illness. Hmm. I am working on getting back to it as soon as I can (Later today). I am not in the habit of starting what I can't finish, so don't worry. smiley

Make una nor vex for me abeg. Sorry. lol

Am so sorry about your illness sweetie, please just take your time. I totally understand. I hope you are better now. Take good care of yourself.
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 12:28am On Jun 14, 2012
The air in the living room intensified as Eric’s deafening scream pierced through the thick aura of anger, and now, remorse that hung above them. Eniola stared in shock as though she was oblivious of the gravity of the act she had committed only seconds before. She could have sworn she was watching a gory scene of horror movie, but the thick, red liquid that gushed out of her sister’s arm did nothing to mask the reality of what was going on.

She watched with fright as life slowly sipped out of her sister. She wanted to undo the deed. She wanted to stop the blood. Heck, she just wanted the day to end. She took a lunge towards her sister but pulled back. Her entire being was flooded with guilt. She couldn’t bear to touch someone who she had nearly killed. God, no! This wasn’t happening to her. Someone had to wake her up from this nightmare.

“Eniola!” Eric’s lips trembled. He had lost all composure and his voice was faint. “Eny! Shade is losing blood and she is losing it fast. We have to get her out of here.”

“Oh my God,” Eniola cried, “I swear, I didn’t mean to! I didn’t intend for that knife to hit her, I swear. Eric what are we going to do?”

Eric turned his attention to Shade. Her face was as still as a rock and bore no expression. Her eyes were half open and her entire frame looked about as limp as a broken bone hanging loosely from its joint. “What do we do? We have to get her to the nearest clinic as fast as we can. If she spends another minute here, she might die.” Various contemplations ran through his mind. What if the knife had cut through a major artery? What if she died before they made it to the hospital? He shuddered at the thought. Shade couldn’t die because of his own carelessness; it would haunt him for life. “Eny, get her hands and let’s carry her to my car downstairs.”

“Your car is parked outside. You have to get it into the compound first so ensure nobody else sees… sees her like this.”

“It’s dark already so nobody can see anything. Grab her hands and let’s move. Do you want her to die? Let’s go.”

“I can’t take her bleeding hand; the knife is still stuck in it. How do I lift it without causing more damage?”

“Eniola, what the f--” He stopped midsentence. He needed every bit of his sanity to calm the storm his girlfriend had brewed, raining curses on her would only scissor away any sense that was left of him. “Okay, grab her by the leg, I’d take her hands. Let’s go, now, now!”

And so with a trail of blood lining the path behind them, they both carried Shade down the stairs, outside the gate, and into the car. Eric drove like he’d never driven before. Like a lunatic at full rage, he drove the hospital, taking some time to stare at his life-drained clandestine lover intermittently. Eniola said every word of prayer that she knew. She tried to tell herself that everything would be just fine, but her own words and thoughts were hardly believable. All she could do was hope that the outcome of her untamed emotions wouldn’t result in anything greater than was conceivable by her shattered mind.

Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 12:29am On Jun 14, 2012
davestead:
Am so sorry about your illness sweetie, please just take your time. I totally understand. I hope you are better now. Take good care of yourself.

Thanks dear. I am better now. Thank you so much. smiley
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 2:10am On Jun 14, 2012
Bukky had left her parents’ back to her elder sister’s the previous night. She had been engaged in a discourse with her brother-in-law when they were interrupted by a phone call. Minutes after the call was over, all attempts to revive their discussion were met with worrisome aloofness on his part. “Tunde what is the matter? You have lost concentration and haven’t been talking.”

Tunde heaved a sigh. Answering Bukky’s incessant questions wasn’t exactly how he preferred to spend his Saturday morning. “Oh, it’s nothing. That was Dupe by the way.”

The mention of her elder sister’s name struck a bad chord in her heart. She repressed a frown and squared her shoulders such that if a stranger had walked into their presence, he would have thought she was fighting off an invisible enemy. “Oh, Sister Dupe. Do you mind me asking what she wanted? Why did she call? Hope no problem?”

“Not that I know of.” Tunde stopped for a moment. He looked at Bukky piercingly, picked up her palm and gave it a tight squeeze. “I am worried, Bukky.” He confessed, subtly nodding his head as he always did when he was distressed.

“I knew it!” She said as she set her hand free from his grip. “I knew there was something wrong. What did my sister say over the phone that unsettled you this much?”

“No, no. Dupe only told me that she wouldn’t be returning from the market early because she had to go and see Eniola somewhere. She also wanted to know if Jenny was fed lunch. She’s not the reason I am worried.”

“Jenny is asleep now; she would be fed when she wakes up.”

“That was exactly what I told her, as you could clearly hear.”

“Okay sir. What worries you then?” It was her turn to take his large palm in hers.

“You and I.” He answered. “Us! This whole love affair we have between us. I have mixed feelings about it Bukky, I must confess.”

“Oh Tunde, We have gone over this a million times already.” Her tone was firm but affectionate. This issue has been over flogged. What is it again?”

“Bukky, I am human and I have a heart, a conscience. I am hurting my wife and my baby. I am sinning against God by breaking the very same vows I swore to on the day of my wedding. This isn’t right and we have to stop, please.”

“You’d be hurting me too if you leave me. We can’t stop now. This is a battle I have been fighting since you got married to my sister and I cannot throw in the towel just yet.”

“Whatever has a beginning must have an end Bukola. We might as well end this now before it gets ugly since it is bound to end soon anyway. Kick away sentiments and listen to the voice of reason. I love you Bukky but..”

“No!” Bukky broke down in tears. She stood up from the chair they were both sitting on and marched briskly across the living room, away from him. “Saying that you love me would only make you a pathetic liar. Haven’t you heard the saying that you fight for the things that you love no matter the cost? If you loved me, you wouldn’t give up on me, you wouldn’t give up on us. This is not fair.”

“Please calm down. Your tears aren’t making this easy for me. I want everyone to be a winner in this. I don’t want to hurt anybody.”

Going down on her knees, she begged for his love. The force he had on her was a compelling one she did not want to be free from. She wanted him and she had to have him. “I beg you uncle Tunde, don’t toy with my emotions. I would be the loser on both sides. I have been treating my own relationship with laxity because of you and now you want to toss me away. That’s just evil! Plain evil!”

He made a gesture asking her to get up. “I am sorry to say this, but you are being melodramatic and unreasonable. I want you to think about this with a clear and undistorted mind. Only then would you be able to see what I am saying. I want you more than anything but at the same time, I am only being logical.”

“I have thought about it severally and I am as sure as the skies are blue, that this is the right thing to do. What we share is beautiful. If you love me as you claim to, you’d cherish it just like I do.”

“Hmm. It seems Jenny is awake, she’s crying. Go get her, she must be hungry. And while you are at it, think about everything I said.”

“I’ve heard you.” Bukky said, as she exited his presence.
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by psyqs(m): 8:40am On Jun 14, 2012
Wellcome back NS cheesy.......missed yhu!
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by ijebabe: 12:05pm On Jun 14, 2012
You're back! I'm glad you are better and really can't wait for more updates smiley
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 14, 2012
Oh, thank you Ijebabe. smiley I just woke up and would post more as soon as I get my day started. kiss
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Beedeegifts: 2:03pm On Jun 14, 2012
Welcome back naijasexy...gud to kno u r back hale and hearty... I cast out every form of sickness in ds forum In Jesus Name... Hello to u all
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Jalal(m): 3:13pm On Jun 14, 2012
Welcome back sexy!
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 14, 2012
“They only missed her brachial artery by some inches, she would have been dead by now.” Doctor Bode told Eniola as he examined Shade’s arm. He’d wrapped the affected arm in a bandage and had administered some pain relievers to the victim, some of which had sedative properties that put her to sleep. “It’s also a very good thing that you did not take the knife out. The bleeding could have been a lot worse. You have nothing to worry about, she would be just fine.”

“Thank you doctor.” Eniola managed to say. As she looked at Shade, all she could do was whisper silent thanks to God. She couldn’t help but wonder what would have happened if Shade had died. They would all be singing another song by now. “How long before the wound starts to heal, sir?” Eny blinked curiously as she asked.

“Well, healing time varies from person to person. We are looking at three weeks to one month here, or possibly longer. As long as we are able to keep it from getting infected, it should cover up quickly. ” Dr. Bode sunk both hands into the side pockets of his immaculately white lab boat. “You should go home now, young lady. Your sister would be alright. Just make sure you report to the police all that happened. The rate of armed robbery in this country is alarming.”

“Yes sir. I am so thankful we found her before…before…” She trailed off. She and Eric had decided that if the doctor asked for what led to the stab, they would lie that she was robbed at a location close to where they lived. She had doubted the doctor would be gullible enough to buy the story so his last statement came as a big relief to her. “I would go home now but I am waiting for my elder sister. She is on her way here.”

“Okay. Don’t hesitate to call a nurse if you notice anything odd, or need anything. I would take my leave now.”

“Yes doctor, thank you sir.”

Just as the doctor turned to leave, Dupe walked into the room with Eric. Dr. Bode introduced himself to Dupe and they exchanged greetings. Once that was done, Dupe rushed to the bedside without saying a word to Eniola.

It was Eny’s voice that broke through the silence in the room. “Sister, thank you for coming.”

“Eniola, what exactly happened? I mean, what have you done?” Dupe screamed, fighting back the tears that had welled up in her throat.

Eny gestured to Dupe to keep her voice down. “Sshhh. Please, don’t wake her up. We could talk about it when we leave here. It’s a long story.”

“Then we might as well leave now.” Her voice was shaky and her legs quivered. “I want to hear every word of it. I want to learn more about the demon that possessed you and enabled to carry out such an act. I..”

“Sister Dupe, it’s okay. Like you said, I think its best we leave. Let’s allow Shade to rest quietly, please.” A tired Eric suggested. He led them out of the room and they all headed to the parking lot.
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 14, 2012
Jalal: Welcome back sexy!

Thanks Jalal. cheesy
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 15, 2012
The awkward silence in the car was pregnant. The vapor of anger emanating from Dupe could almost be seen. The bond that once held her immediate family together was wearing off and now it seemed all that was left of biological family were atomic stands and minuscule fragments of the peace and they all once enjoyed.
There had to be an explanation as to why insanity knew her family by name. There had to be a reason for the all the madness and troubles that had surrounded them of late. Where did they all go wrong? She wondered, her eyes static on the yellow bus moving at snail speed in front of them.

The tears flowed freely. That was all she ever did these days- cry, cry, cry! Her tears were her only escape route out of her ever increasing misery. She was being hurt by the people she loved and those that she loved were equally getting hurt. To her, it couldn’t get any worse, life couldn’t be more miserable.
In the parking lot, Eniola had told her the series of events that had caused the fight between her and Shade. She was still struggling with the facts of what Eny had told her. It was all to surreal to believe. Things like this don’t happen in a normal world, Dupe thought as she viewed with her peripheral vision, the man who was the primary cause of the most recent earthquake that had rocked her father’s household, or was about to rock it, once their parents got hold of the news.

An unsettled Eric perceived the tension around them as he drove. He had insisted Dupe left her car in the hospital because he thought she was too torn apart to drive. He thought it would be the right thing to do, but the evil look Dupe just passed at him made him regret the decision. He was nervy and uncomfortable and not knowing the right words to say made him feel extremely foolish. He had made several attempts to start a conversation but all of them had been frustrated by both sisters.

“Sister Dupe, please..”

“Don’t!” Dupe said, raising a vicious finger in warning. “Don’t say a word. You’ve done enough harm already. “

“I realize that without me, all of these wouldn’t have happened.” Eric continued solemnly, against Dupe’s wish. “But there are some things I would like to say if only you'd just hear me out.”

“Yes, you would say them once.. once.. we are home. For now, please keep quiet and get me to the house.”

Except for the sound of Eniola’s light snore coming from the back seat and the blaring horns from the cars of other road users, the rest of journey to Dupe’s house was quiet and uneventful.
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by ayobase(m): 1:16pm On Jun 15, 2012
Welcome back omotosexy!
We thank God for the quick recuperation!
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by sigba(f): 2:27pm On Jun 15, 2012
Hmmm, it was'nt an abandoned project afterall. My apologies. Welcome back.
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 15, 2012
“Daddy should be reached right away. He has to know what’s going on.” Tunde suggested, his voice assuming the roar of a frightening thunderclap. “He can’t be kept in the dark for too long.” He added brusquely. He was not only peeved, but surprised that the trio of Eniola, Dupe and Eric wanted to hide Shade’s predicament from the rest of the family. “I mean, this is just st[i]up[/i]id. They are still going to find out anyway, so why delay the news at all?”

“We want to hold back for now because we don’t want them seeing her in that state. You need to see her; it is not a sight to behold.” She took a quick glance around the room when she realized that Bukky could have heard from her room, all that was being said. “Err Honey, where is Bukola?”
“She is running some errands for me but I believe she would be back soon. Do you want to hide it from her too?”
“Of course. We ha-“

“Come on Dupe, this is ridiculous! What has come over you? I’ll tell them myself if you won’t pick up your phone this minute and call!”

“Uncle Tunde, I think Sister Dupe is right.” Eniola opined. Her voice was meek and soft and she weighed the consequence of every word she spoke before letting it out. “Imagine what the news would do to her mom. Let’s consider all those things before rushing to call.”

“But the fact still remains that they have the right to know.” Tunde insisted. “Even when people die, the families are notified almost immediately. Shade sustained an injury that left her admitted in the hospital.” He stopped to catch his breath before continuing. He directed his next question to Eric who was leaning against a wall for support. “You said she was sleeping when you left right?” Eric nodded in an affirmative response. “What you people fail to understand is that it was her hand that was butchered, not her brain. You think she wouldn’t start wondering when she wakes up why nobody, apart from you three, has come to pay her a visit? Do you really think so?”

“We have to consider Eniola’s plight too. I can foresee things getting very ugly, especially for her. Daddy’s actions on a normal day are abrasive enough; add this situation to it and we are headed for a disaster.”

Tunde let out a mocking scoff at Dupe’s words. “We should consider Eniola’s plight.” He mimicked his wife. “Why did she not consider her own plight before practicing her ninja skills on her sister? The three of you must be having a laugh.” He said as he reached for his phone to call.

“Okay, please, put the phone down. I would call them myself. I want to be the one to tell them what has happened.” Dupe insisted.

“Well, if that’s what you want, here’s my phone.” He threw the phone at her and waited for her to punch her father’s number. But she tarried and that heightened his anger.
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 15, 2012
ayobase: Welcome back omotosexy!
We thank God for the quick recuperation!

sigba: Hmmm, it was'nt an abandoned project afterall. My apologies. Welcome back.

Thank you. smiley
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Tinkybabe(f): 4:52pm On Jun 15, 2012
welcome back babe smiley

1 Like

Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Luckygurl(f): 9:01pm On Jun 15, 2012
I'm soo luving dis story.Glad U're back and I knw U've com 2 stay.

1 Like

Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jun 15, 2012
“This is very unusual.” Stacy, Eniola’s housemate complained to Felicia, the third occupant of the apartment they shared.

“I don’t think this is worth the bother, if you ask me. She has only been gone for two days.” Felicia said as she tried to calm the nerves of Stacy who was over-the-top worried.

“But both of her phones are switched off and…” She bit her bottom lip. She was trying hard not to sound overly dramatic but from the look on Felicia’s face, it was obvious she was doing a less than satisfactory job at it. “… and I called her boyfriend too.”

“You called him and what did he say?” There was a curt undertone to Felicia’s voice as there always was when she spoke of Eniola’s boyfriend.

“I called him and he didn’t answer. I don’t feel right. I think there is something terribly wrong.”

“Since when did you start seeing visions? Abeg relax joor, both of them are too busy having a good time and they’ve blocked all of us out. That’s as much explanation as there is to it. Nothing more.”

“Hmm, I hope so. Could you pass me my phone?” She said pointing to the edge of her bed where Felicia sat. “I should probably just leave her a message. Though that’s not the best way to break such news to her.”

“Oh Stacy, wait for her to come back!” Felicia reprimanded. “Why can’t you just wait?”

“But Dr. Benson is on my neck. What else can I do but to message her?” Felicia kept mute so Stacy continued speaking. “She has to come home so that we can go to a clinic together to know if.. you know.. to ascertain if she was the one who communicated the disease to him.”

“But we can never know. Are there medical tests that can prove who passed the disease to who? For all we know, Dr. Benson might have given it to Eny but wants to cunningly shift all the blame to her now. Na wa o!”

“I am sure the doctors would be able to come up with something.” “You know why I am even scared?”

Felicia shook her head. “Why are you scared?”

“I slept with Dr. Benson too now. It means I could have this thing too. I am not entirely immune to all of this, you know.”

“Mehn, you guys are just something else. My ears are full abeg, I can’t take in anymore of what you are saying. Haba!” She got up and grabbed her bag to leave. “If you don’t mind, I have to go study in school. I would be back later.”

Stacy threw her hands in the air. “It’s Saturday afternoon. Heck, it’s almost evening, Felicia. Weekends are meant for clubbing and partying, not studying.”

“Who said I wouldn’t go clubbing? But that’s after I must have studied to my satisfaction. I must not fail that statistics test on Monday, and I don’t want to fall into the trap of Dr. Benson and his ilk.” Felicia teased.

Comot for my room abeg, madam holier than thou! Meet me later at Makumba on Ogudu/Ojota road. That’s where we are chilling tonight.”

“Okay, I am not promising, but I’ll see if I can make it.”

“Whatever.” Stacy said, rolling her eyes.

“Sure, but I have to go now. We’d talk later.”
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by bassette(m): 9:21am On Jun 17, 2012
welcome back sexy lady smiley
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Fourcade(m): 10:00am On Jun 17, 2012
shocked shocked shocked
This is beyond a story i tell ya.Some moral lessons for them girls to learn. cheesy cheesy cheesy
...and for dudes nyashing sisters/bffs tongue

thumbs up 9jasexy smiley
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 17, 2012
Tunde watched as his wife stared blankly into his phone. He exercised a little patience, thinking she was trying to extract her father’s phone number from her memory, but forty-five seconds had passed, and whatever was left of his patience had burned out. “Dupe, hand me my phone. It’s obvious you are trying to waste more time.” He said, moving towards her. Denying her all chance to render explanation to justify her hesitation, he snatched the phone from her and placed the call himself.

“Ba mi, Good afternoon sir.” He greeted when his father-in-law answered on the other end. “Yes sir, we are fine. All is well.” A broad smile enveloped his face after which he entered into a fit of laughter. He was laughing at something funny the man on the other end had just told him. Dupe and Eniola exchanged glances. They were both unnerved by Tunde’s boisterous laughter. “Ah no, Jenny is fine.” Tunde continued gaily. “We would all come to visit you sometime soon sir.”
Alternating between smiles and frowns, he nodded continuously as he listened avidly to what Dupe’s father’s complaints about how they had missed having him around and how he didn’t visit as often as was appropriate. Finally, he spoke. “Please, extend my pleas to mummy. Tell her to forgive me. I would compensate for my absence as soon as I can.” He paused and listened, then resumed speaking. “Erm Ba mi, there is a situation I would like to talk to you about. No, yes, it’s nothing too serious. Yes sir.”

By now, Eric was almost dead from anxiety. Even the air-conditioning in the room couldn’t hold back the sweat pouring from his forehead. A conversation that begun just two minutes ago seemed like it had been on for two hours. He had an idea what Shade’s father’s reaction would be, but he couldn’t fully anticipate what his own fate would be once the drama was over. He directed his attention to Tunde and what he was saying. “Daddy, please calm down. They got her to the hospital safely, she is undergoing treatment.” He frowned. He wasn’t comfortable with the last question Dupe’s father had asked him and he didn’t quite know how to answer it. “I don’t really know the details of the accident sir, she was found bleeding, with a knife stuck in her arm. The hospital address? I would have to ask Dupe for it sir, but I could come to the house to get you so that we can go together. The Police? Yes, we have contacted them.” He lied. “Okay sir, I would be there as soon as possible. Yes Ba mi. Okay sir.”

“What did he say?” Dupe asked Tunde when he hung up.

“He said I should come and take him to the hospital. Oluwa o!" Tunde exclaimed, wiping down his face with his hand. " That went worse than I expected.”

“I want to come with you. Let me just change out of these clothes.”

“I want to come too.” Eniola said as Dupe left to her room.

“It would be best if you stayed back. We would call you if we need you around and I highly doubt we would. Just help us watch Jenny please.”

“Okay brother Tunde. Thank you.”

“Thank me?” Tunde asked, surprised. “Thank me for what? That’s why we are a family Eny. To hold, to help and too keep strong when anyone of us is down. Anyway, tell you sister I am waiting for her outside.” With that, he dashed out of the house.
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 17, 2012
Fourcade: shocked shocked shocked
This is beyond a story i tell ya.Some moral lessons for them girls to learn. cheesy cheesy cheesy
...and for dudes nyashing sisters/bffs tongue

thumbs up 9jasexy smiley

Fourcade!! Long time! smiley

You are quite correct, plenty of lessons to be learned especially for our young girls out there.

Thank you.
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Akinagirl(f): 6:32pm On Jun 17, 2012
Yah shes back! Thank you for such a wonderful story.

1 Like

Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 3:15am On Jun 18, 2012
A trillion! Yes, it had to be a trillion. If she were to quantify in numbers just how much she hated picking up her brother-in-law’s dry-cleaning, she was quite sure that that was the figure her hatred would number up to. Bukky often wondered if the dry-cleaning firm Tunde used was the only one in Lagos. From its inefficient staff to the exorbitant prices they charged for their services, one had no choice but to wonder how the firm managed to stay in business.

Picking up his clothes was the last of all the errands she had to run for the day. She had earlier gone to the DHL office on Opebi/Allen road to send out a mail for Tunde, and had after that, purchased sundry items for herself at her friend’s supermarket.

Sitting in the small space that served as the reception of the dry-cleaning firm, she waited patiently for the man at the front desk to retrieve the three suits she had gone there to collect. From what she could observe, they were short-staffed and consequently, the receptionist had to double as the retriever .The poorly planned layout of the office afforded her a view into the inner room where he waded through several garments that hung on a mobile rack, searching for clothes that bore the same identification numbers as the ones on the receipt she’d given him.

The air in the room smelled of mold as she took in a huge gulp of it. Closing her eyes shut, she let her mind wander off to her last conversation with Tunde. She remembered the stern tone with which he’d spoken to her. She had paid attention to everything he said, reading his facial expressions carefully to enable her discern how much he meant what he was saying. He hadn’t looked like he was joking; in fact, she had never seen him in a more serious state.

Their relationship was an issue that had been unavoidably discussed innumerably. Several nights when everyone was asleep, she’d lain on her bed severally. She’d pictured herself adorned in pearls, looking breathtakingly beautiful in a white wedding gown as she strolled down the aisle to meet her groom. The only person that ever fit perfectly into that picture was Tunde. She knew they would be perfect for each other. She strongly believed they could sail through all odds if Tunde was half as determined as she was to make their union stand. But he’d become lily-livered all of a sudden. He didn’t want her anymore. How dare he! He couldn’t chicken out on her, not when they had come this far.

She was helpless and running out of ideas. As much as she didn’t want to, she would have to look into using Shade’s book of spells. She had never believed in voodoo or juju or any of that stuff but desperate times called for desperate measures. Wasn’t he the one who was fond of saying that the end justifies the means? That book was her only means to this end. It was her last resort.

“Madam, here they are.” The receptionist awoke her from her thoughts. “They clothes, they are ready ma.”

“Oh, okay.” She said blinking. She reached into her wallet and handed him some money. “Where can I get a cab around here?”

“When you walk down the street and make a left turn, there’s a cab park close to one vulcanizer’s shade.” He said, as he handed her a freshly written receipt. “It’s not too far from here, I could take you there if you want.” He offered.

“No, thanks.” She declined. “ I should be able to find my way.” She thanked him one more time before leaving the building.
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 18, 2012
Thank God I didn't totally give up on this thread....@naijasexy thanks a million, you the best
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Fourcade(m): 9:06pm On Jun 18, 2012
Mhmmm...voodoo things next..Interesting cheesy
Action ooo..biko naijasexy,I want action smiley smiley smiley
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 12:34am On Jun 20, 2012
Though the dim light that diffused through the lamp holder on the wall opposite on her bed was gentle on her eyes, it was a tough fight keeping her eyes open. She felt as though a drum was being beat in her head as an implosive pain spread from her right temple to the crown of her head before settling on her left ear. Slowly, she tilted her head upwards, batting her eyelids as she turned her blurry gaze to the ceiling, but her eyes were too heavy to sustain the gaze. She shut them tight and abruptly re-opened them as soon as she perceived a clinically clean smell- one she knew she had, in the past, associated with doctors and nurses. It was the unmistakable smell of methylated spirit. Why was her body stiff and immobile? Was that a murmur she just heard? Whose was the distant voice she heard calling her name? Her fingers twitched, grabbing the bed sheet as she tried to lift her arm, but the pain won’t let her. The muscles on her neck tightened as a cry that was barely audible escaped her lips. Then she felt something warm touch her knee, something rough and fleshy but she couldn’t make out what it was. The voice called her name again…

“Are you awake? Shade, it’s me. It’s me, your father.”

All she heard was her name and the word ‘father’. She managed to detect the urgency and panic in the voice calling out to her, but that was as far as her fuzzy mind went.

“Shade, your father and I have come to see you.” She heard her mother say. “Dupe and her husband are here with us.”

She wanted to ask them what they had come to see her for and why she couldn’t raise her hands to at least give them a hug. She wanted to say ‘daddy, you sound worried. Is everything okay?’ but her lips felt like a tonne of lead.

“Shade, are you okay? Do you want anything?...” That was her mother’s voice again, fading away into the numb air that seemed to surround her. They all sounded so distant and far just like her own thoughts. It was too much work keeping up with all of their voices, so she drifted back to sleep.

1 Like

Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Fourcade(m): 9:37am On Jun 20, 2012
^Nice piece cheesy cheesy cheesy
Patiently waiting for the next episode>>>[Eny/Stacy/Dr. Benson/ and the 'disease'] cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

How I Got Scammed Of 10k By Lavita Ricca Investment / A Nairalander's Pre-wedding Pix That Broke The Net. / Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.