Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here - Politics (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here (226218 Views)

We Get Many Complaints Against Obasanjo Foundation –UK Commission / How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos / Let's Have Your Complaints Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (315) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by nduchucks: 11:04pm On May 11, 2013
ACM10:

@Seun,

I take the complaint above very seriously. This is very unfair. There is no justification for you to autocorrect the ancient Yoruba spelling after we reached a resolution to allow its use on this forum. Don't confirm our suspicion of your bias on this case. Rules must be fair and not tilted. Do the needful before this silent complaint erupts to crisis.

Let me try to help you cry babies out a bit. The reason why ibo cannot be programatically edited and changed to igbo was provided by the oga at the top as follows:

Seun:
We cannot auto-correct ibo to Igbo even if we wanted to. The term was in common use historically, and as a result, many urls have the term "ibo" in them. Such urls will be broken if we correct "ibo" to "igbo" using our word censorship filter, and that will not help the Igbo cause. Here's an example of such a link: www.africaguide.com/culture/tribes/ibo.htm
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Obiagu1(m): 12:05am On May 12, 2013
^^^

We don't care if it will affect some URL, afterall how many people post url link concerning the Igbo.

We need autocorrection from Ibo to Igbo.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by nwabobo: 12:45am On May 12, 2013
nwabobo: Mods, please I'll like to know why this thread was moved from the main Politics section? What is Ethnic, racial or sectarian about the thread?

https://www.nairaland.com/1287336/pictures-underaged-voters/1

I'm still waiting for answer to the question above
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by alexchiny: 12:47am On May 12, 2013
Mr Seun. Igbos worldwide find the word "ibo" offensive and we can't condone it on Nairaland no matter what your flimsy excuse is. This is a grave injustice and I vow to address to yorubas as Yarib.a when "ibo" is used in place of IGBO.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by ACM10: 5:40am On May 12, 2013
Desola:

You are a triple b4stard for bringing your militancy here online when you could be in Borno getting blown up with your fellow militants!

Put your money where your mouth is and head to the north, not sit in your otueke or warri village wearing hausa attire and speaking the little grammar Shell workers taught you in hut schools!

Boko haram do not talk to much, they act and then come out to talk. You yeye militants just blow up your brothers in the creek. You claim to be militants, abi? Oya, head to the north and kill them all so that they can leave you to blow yourselves up with your yeye crude oil now.

It's not even as if you people are educated enough to manage this resource when Nigeria breaks up anyway. Why waste your energy when you are going to end up blowing each other up into smitherens when you eventually have sovereignty? Abi can we not see how a fisherman is running the country as if he were paddling a canoe? You guys are mentally inept ojare! Na guns dey give una mouth.

Lazy nobodies!

Desola:

You see how an average creek offspring speaks? You are not blessed with oil, blady bla. What rubbish! I wouldn't even dare engage you with that trivial my daddy's d1ck is bigger than your's line of argument you are trying to drag me into because we all know that it is a fact that Western states do have untapped resources and in particular crude oil in vast amount - so that one is a moot point. What is the koko of the matter here is that you people found yourselves (being fisher people that you are) residing over land that is rich in crude and that is about it. Other than being lucky to find yourself in a geographical portion of the country, what do you bring to Nigeria? How are you as a people (and not what seeps out of your land) beneficial not only to the peace and cordiality of the nation but economical wise. How has your man power yielded any positive result to Nigeria? Rather you people bring grief just like your illiterate brother in the North. Your manpower is in assasination of civilians and oil bunkering. In short, you are all CRIMINALS!!

Desola: All of you from that region are b4stards if you don't take up those arms and head to the north now.

Moraforking nonentities that had no filthy mouths to talk in the heydays of OBJ are now coming our like roaches from a dirty cupboard because their illiterate shoeless son is in possession of the mantle.

Listen, this is your chance to do all that you can to break away now as if you do not succeed in your quest, your demise is guaranteed and set in stone. Just pray with all your might that Jonathan never leaves that seat or that he gets enough money to continue buying your arms. If fail just like biafra failed, then all you jekuredin militants who are now springing out from the woodworks would be severly dealt with. No, I mean mortally rendered lifeless!

Shish kebab!

Desola:

We all saw what they are capable of? Where? How? When? All I saw was them bombing their own people and like they lazy people that they are; blowing up pipelines with their people ending up as the causalities hence that buttresses my assertion that they are all predominantly stup1d! They cut their tongues to spite their faces! The same audacity that obese attention seeking warmonger has to spew rubbish on air, putting the existence of my people in jeaopardy is the same right I have to voice out my disdain of his contemptuous act! So, if you, a tenant in common of his stup1ty do not have anything meaningful to add or have any cogent rebuttal to his inane action, you better steer very well clear of me.

Bl00dy lazy arsewipes!

Mods, teach this girl how to behave in a public forum.

2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to any Nairaland member.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Ikenna351(m): 5:58am On May 12, 2013
ACM10:

Mods, teach this girl how to behave in a public forum.

Taken care of.

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Rhino5dm: 8:40am On May 12, 2013

ikwere militant :

all of u yoruba goats trying to take glory on lagos are just bunch
of nitwits
.lagos is d sucess story of nigerians especaly d
ibos.even yorubas contributed noting except increasing d number
of street holigans.lagos was a protectorate separate frm d west.if
so wat re yorubas doing in abuja.u mugu made mention of calabar
calabar was made capital 70ys befor 1801 when lagos was given
dat status so get year facts right frm ur lazy elders who sit at
home in oshogbo nd do noting manage to sneak into lag only to
sleep in d garage befor giving birth to u re nw cliamng lagos

https://www.nairaland.com/1287289/benjamin-adekunle-own-mouth/2#1287289.81

SEUN! SUEN!! SUEN!!!

What have you done to yourself by employing some bigoted guys as mods? They'll always look the other way when their kinsmen are involved in bigotry while quick to act against others.

Now, they feign ignorance of this? or were they suffering from selective amnesia? Put your house together or watch me help them make nairaland a failed project.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Rhino5dm: 8:59am On May 12, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1251056/did-bianca-ojukwu-kill-husband/1

^
What is ethnic or racial about this thread that warrants it to be moved by our bigoted mods?

Seun!.Seun!!!

I'm calling you out ooooo!!!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Rhino5dm: 9:11am On May 12, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1276869/bianca-ojukwu-turai-yar-adua

^
Again, can you SEUN tell me what is racial or ethnic about this thread? So, it's okay for the bigoted mods to bury any thread they feel should be out of public eyes in the racial and ethnic sub - board? Because someone is letting us know how Bianca killed her husband or how she was busy sleeping around like a dog?

SEUN!!!! I'm calling you out!!!.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by na2day(m): 10:58am On May 12, 2013
Are the mods there?

https://www.nairaland.com/852218/ijaw-people-take-note-benjamin

Another e-war has started o!
Infact the topic ought to be trashed and the op given a life ban for manipulating news to whip up ethnic intolerance!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Dede1(m): 12:47pm On May 12, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Ibo is authentic and it's used universally.

Igbo means ganja in Yoruba. I can't be getting banned for trying to sell igbo on NL.

Yoruba means “slave of the Barn” in Igbo

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by dayokanu(m): 1:08pm On May 12, 2013
Dede1:
Yoruba means “slave of the Barn” in Igbo

I thought yesterday was your last day ni
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 12, 2013
dayokanu:

I thought yesterday was your last day ni

He'd miss me if he leaves.

Ain't that right, DeDe1?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by alex101(m): 2:16pm On May 12, 2013
Afam4eva:
What if someone intends to write "International Baseball Organization(IBO)", should it also be changed to Igbo?
Since you became a moderator on this inconsequential site, you've lost your sense of reasoning angry. All you do now is to pull "your people" down. With folks like you claiming to be Igbo, Ndigbo do not need an enemy. Mere answering an Igbo name does not make you an Igbo, rather it's the need and quest to protect the collective interest(s) of Igbo (not your personnal interests) that makes you one. You are the Ukpabi Asika of our time, and believe me if asked to choose whom to associate with,,,,b/w Ukpabi Asika and Wole Soyinka, most sane Igbo folks would consider a Soyinka and won't give an eff about an Asika. It's been proven that "yari.ba" is an appropriate form of "yoruba". It's like saying 1+1=2 and some clown comes along and say no it's not, rather it's 1+1=11.

Ehin, che echiche ofuma gbasara ihe nka e na' eme UmuIgbo na' site NL wurun' awun'.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by LagosStar: 5:15pm On May 12, 2013
Moderators, I will appreciate if this thread can be put on front page for maximum response.

https://www.nairaland.com/1288058/aboki-racial-slur
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by YorubaPolitic: 5:46pm On May 12, 2013
eko ilee: All the rules highlights too many silliness and stupid and it's even sad and worse that in 2013, people actually sat around and came up with many of these thoughtless and counter productive stumbling blocks.

1. Please post on topic always. Don't derail or tribalize threads.

Who determines what info is tribal or not? The tribal lens wearing mods or his insecure kinfolks crying and whining because they can not accept basic facts? Very thoughtless and tribalistic rule.

2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to any Nairaland member.

With the above rule, the fact that all your members are not banned indicates another pointless and bogus rule since nearly all your members have violated this rule just today.

7. Don't say or do anything that's detrimental to the security or success of Nairaland.

This is just too laughable. I don't even know what security of NL is and the only issue threatening the security of NL if I have to guess is pointless moderation and counter productive rules that limits posts, participation and traffic.

8. Don't post false information on Nairaland.

Nearly all the threads on the front page and the one I just left is full of fake and bogus info so are you going to delete all the threads and ban all the members involved?

15.Don't attempt to post censored words by misspelling them.

The word retarded is a banned word on NL, but the word dumb is allowed. Newsflash, they both have the same meanings..Very thoughtless and pointless.

20. Please cooperate with the moderators, super-moderators, and administrator. Treat them with respect.

How often do you treat your members with respect especially after indiscriminate harassment and banning over silly stuff that you sometimes have to reverse and apologize for?

21. Please spell words correctly when you post, and try to use perfect grammar and punctuation.

You really have nothing better to do but sit around and figure out what people meant with their spelling or dictate to people how to spell and if they don't know how to spell, you ban them? For real? Are we in elementary school? Like seriously? lmao

With all the pointless and counter productive baby sitting rules, you really should look into limiting registration age to 13.

....endorsed!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Demdem(m): 8:55pm On May 12, 2013
Ikenna351:

Taken care of.

Ikenna

U only took care of ur ego not me. Still waiting for u to tell me the rule number demdem broke the way u confidently declared for demdem2 which am ok with. Anything apart from this is rubbish.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Ogbonaikenna(m): 9:01pm On May 12, 2013
Who among you mods blocked kpogede77 from posting in politics section? Why?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Afam4eva(m): 9:04pm On May 12, 2013
Ogbonaikenna: Who among you mods blocked kpogede77 from posting in politics section? Why?
Are you kpogede77?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Obiagu1(m): 9:34pm On May 12, 2013
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Ogbonaikenna(m): 9:34pm On May 12, 2013
How do you expect him to complan when you've blocked him from posting here?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Ogbonaikenna(m): 9:36pm On May 12, 2013
dbl post
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Obiagu1(m): 9:37pm On May 12, 2013
Demdem:

U only took care of ur ego not me. Still waiting for u to tell me the rule number demdem broke the way u confidently declared for demdem2 which am ok with. Anything apart from this is rubbish.

Demdem, Demdem2, Demdem3 should be taken care of.

Multiple monikers!

Rule 19.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Afam4eva(m): 9:41pm On May 12, 2013
Ogbonaikenna: How do you expect him to complan when you've blocked him from posting here?
And how do you know he has been blocked if you're not kpogede77.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by manny4life(m): 9:43pm On May 12, 2013
I swear NL has so lost integrity and balance nonetheless, still a place for good entertainment... Comedy central..
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by gramci: 10:30pm On May 12, 2013
manny4life: I swear NL has so lost integrity and balance nonetheless, still a place for good entertainment... Comedy central..

NL is being positioned to meet the challenges of future realities
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by manny4life(m): 10:49pm On May 12, 2013
gramci:

NL is being positioned to meet the challenges of future realities

Challenges of what exactly? I fail to see the objective of these challenges, so please, enlighten me.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Ogbonaikenna(m): 11:06pm On May 12, 2013
Afam4eva:
And how do you know he has been blocked if you're not kpogede77.
because he is in the ethnic, racial, sectaria sub-section complaining about about the unjust treatment. He has been blocked from posting in the politics section but can post in other sections
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by gramci: 11:22pm On May 12, 2013
manny4life:

Challenges of what exactly? I fail to see the objective of these challenges, so please, enlighten me.

The days of bigots are over, those complaining are either bigots or must have wrongly responded to bigots.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OneNaira5: 11:42pm On May 12, 2013
My one_naira was banned by the spambot for some reason. IDK why, it didn't indicate it's reason.

https://www.nairaland.com/1282238/2015-it-either-northerner-no/9

Can you unban and unhide my post. I didn't break any rules neither did I insult anyone. Thank you
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by gramci: 11:50pm On May 12, 2013
The op that created this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1288242/afam4eva-why-u-take-sides should be banned for violating rule 2 of NL.

@ seun, there's need for rule 22 to take care of disgusting monikers

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (315)

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) / Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.