Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,174 members, 7,853,006 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:56 AM

Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here - Politics (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here (226895 Views)

We Get Many Complaints Against Obasanjo Foundation –UK Commission / How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos / Let's Have Your Complaints Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (315) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by MrGlobe(m): 11:21am On Mar 16, 2013
take dat 2: @Mods,

Please unban @Take Dat. I was banned by the anti-spam bot while posting on this thread. www.nairaland.com/1227212/wonders-proxy-apc-sends-e-mail

Thanks!
No you were banned for tribalism. Serve you ban please.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by MrGlobe(m): 11:23am On Mar 16, 2013
Mod's

Breaking News: No holds barred interview on Nigeria with Alhaji Ahmadu Ali. Homepage pls

https://www.nairaland.com/1227388/yoruba-totally-ungrateful-people-ahmadu#14782205
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Desola(f): 12:09pm On Mar 16, 2013
Mr. Globe:

No you were banned for tribalism. Serve you ban please.

Are people being banned for tribalism now? If so what the heck are you still doing here?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Ejine(m): 3:04pm On Mar 16, 2013
Mods, please put this on the front page. I never knew Obama had a "Food-Taster" grin

Right-Wingers Blast President Obama For Having Food-Taster

Make our dear Oga At The Top no hear dis one oh... Otherwise, in addition to a 1 billion naira annual food budget, im go now come get "Stockings washer", "handkerchief supplier", hell, even Butttocks Cleaner sef go join grin
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by manny4life(m): 3:15pm On Mar 16, 2013

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 16, 2013
Mods can you please publish this to the Front Page?

https://www.nairaland.com/1227751/alamieyeseigha-run-senate
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OAM4J: 9:52pm On Mar 16, 2013
isale_ggan: Moderator On Duty,

Can you please un-ban my isale_gan2 moniker, and un-hide my post in this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/1226926/oga-top-guys-babes-pictures.

I made a post with pictures. The 3rd and last image was kind of big, so I went to modify/remove it, and coldly got slapped-down by pyguru.

There was nothing out=of order about my post. It was simply a comparison between the popularity of the phrase "My Oga At The Top" and the "Don't Tase Me, Bro" craze in the USA a while ago.

Unbanned.

Sorry about the ban.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 2:53am On Mar 17, 2013
Mods, my two handles (shymexx and shy-mmex) were banned by the pyguru on this: https://www.nairaland.com/1227165/victor-oladipo-best-nigerian-basketball/2

Please unban me and my posts..

Cheers..
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by YorubaOmoge: 4:21am On Mar 17, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1226974/theres-something-us-nigerians-gotta

Can I get this thread on NL? Plz my pipu, work with me smiley
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by alex102(m): 4:44am On Mar 17, 2013
OAM4J:

Unbanned.

Sorry about the ban.
Mr moderator, carefully go through the 1st page of this thread:https://www.nairaland.com/1224926/appointments-aviation-better-under-oduah and see who threw the first insult. You banned me (alex_101) because I had to respond in kind to alh. harem. Meanwhile, you left alh. harem "intact"? Make una dey do this una "tribal profiling" with some sense of maturity sometimes,,,SMH!

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by nduchucks: 6:07am On Mar 17, 2013
Dear Mods,

I appreciate your efforts at keeping the politics section "clean", but the rate at which posts are being hidden/deleted of recent, in this section, is quite alarming.

Politics by its very nature is characterized by differences in opinions and very vigorous disagreements, and yes some name callings. Even members of our house of reps have almost resorted to blows during debates - that's just the nature of the beast.

I submit to you that less than 5% of the threads in this section contain vigorous debates and vigorous "fights". I appeal to you to hide only the most hideous posts and those with "obscene" language. Leave the other "fights" alone let the political fights remain in view because they are parts and parcel of politics.

Those who do not want to read those posts can go to the Romance, Culture, Auto section, or other sections where they will not find political fights, which by their very nature will have tribal components. I submit to you that some of these political fights have therapeutic effects.

I'd recommend that you try not to allow threads to contain as much as 2 or 3 pages of "insult ridden posts" for 6 or more hours before you address them. If posts are that offensive, I'm sure someone would have used the "Report To Moderator" button to file a report. Address those reports as promptly as possible, else the whole affair would seem like censorship.

Deleting 2, 3, 4 or more pages of posts in a single thread after they've been in full view for up to 9 - 12 hours, seems to be over the top. Please delete only posts with the most egregious violations. If una like make una put Parental Guidance warning like "Rated PG" in front of the section, or color code certain threads (or label the thread some how) to warn NLers that the thread is a "hot" thread. Make una let us be, we can handle the fights. cool

By the way, you guys are doing a good job, we all know that many Nigerians are cone heads who enjoy trouble making. cheesy

Dalu nu
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 6:24am On Mar 17, 2013
Thanks OAM4J for sanitizing that stewpid thread. Please always hide such insultive posts on time not when the deed has been done. Some animals in this section needs to be taught that there domain remains in the Zoo angry.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 7:47am On Mar 17, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1228108/struggling-build-village-house-jonathan

front page please - the liar in chief strikes again
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Obinoscopy(m): 11:27am On Mar 17, 2013
@ndu_chuks, I am not holding brief for the mods in the politics section. Rather I'm just replying u as a fellow nairalander. I don't think it would be wise to ignore the insults, bullies and tribal bashings here on NL due to the ffg reasons:

1. It engenders hatred
2. It leads to thread derailment
3. It has no iota of intelectualism in it
4. It discourages people of substance from posting

Even our house of rep members don't resort to tribal bashing. They still remain on point even in their fights and arguments. Thus I think the hiding of insultive/tribal posts and the punishment of the poster is justifiable. However I think more pro-active measures should be taken to prevent the late response of the mods when such offenses are committed.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by nduchucks: 11:44am On Mar 17, 2013
Obinoscopy: @ndu_chuks, I am not holding brief for the mods in the politics section. Rather I'm just replying u as a fellow nairalander. I don't think it would be wise to ignore the insults, bullies and tribal bashings here on NL due to the ffg reasons:

1. It engenders hatred
2. It leads to thread derailment
3. It has no iota of intelectualism in it
4. It discourages people of substance from posting

Even our house of rep members don't resort to tribal bashing. They still remain on point even in their fights and arguments. Thus I think the hiding of insultive/tribal posts and the punishment of the poster is justifiable. However I think more pro-active measures should be taken to prevent the late response of the mods when such offenses are committed.

I don't think we are in much of a disagreement at all and I agree with most of your post. Offending posts should continue to be removed and bans used to encourage posters to follow rules. I was primarily suggesting that only the most hideous posts and those with "obscene" language be removed. This is because "insultive" is a subjective term, and not all tribal posts are offensive. Bigoted posts will always be offensive and I don't have any problem with hiding those. Nothing wrong with good 'ol vigorous exchanges. Note that not everyone is blessed with the talent of expressing his/herself succinctly, without being too disagreeable, as you are.

My post consists of suggestions which may or may not be accepted by the Mods. I'm OK with their decision either way. I continue to appreciate their works here.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OAM4J: 11:45am On Mar 17, 2013
alex102: Mr moderator, carefully go through the 1st page of this thread:https://www.nairaland.com/1224926/appointments-aviation-better-under-oduah and see who threw the first insult. You banned me (alex_101) because I had to respond in kind to alh. harem. Meanwhile, you left alh. harem "intact"? Make una dey do this una "tribal profiling" with some sense of maturity sometimes,,,SMH!

Responding in kind doesn't justify your action. Two wrongs do not make a right. You should always report insults to the moderator.

Thanks.

@Obinoscopy

Thank you.

In addition to all you said, we only hide off topics/insultive comments which add no value to the thread. We dont hide heated debate that is on topic.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by 9jaihail2: 2:25pm On Mar 17, 2013
@OAM4J and Afam4ever. Could any one of you give me reason why my 9ja_i_hail handle got banned, i am not aware of my crime or sin. Thank you all.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OAM4J: 3:27pm On Mar 17, 2013
9ja_i_hail2: @OAM4J and Afam4ever. Could any one of you give me reason why my 9ja_i_hail handle got banned, i am not aware of my crime or sin. Thank you all.

You were banned for spamming.

Posting same comment/thread all over the forum is spamming and its against the rules.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 17, 2013
Prof Corruption: Moderator, I would like to know why I was banned on this thread. Thank you!

https://www.nairaland.com/1221468/prof-corruption-where-did-get

Second Reminder!!!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Afam4eva(m): 3:36pm On Mar 17, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Second Reminder!!!
You were banned by the spambot and your post hidden. It's been unhidden.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 17, 2013
Afam4eva:
You were banned by the spambot and your post hidden. It's been unhidden.

Thank you
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Afam4eva(m): 3:40pm On Mar 17, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Thank you
You're welcome.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by omonnakoda: 3:47pm On Mar 17, 2013
Afam4eva bans me because I say Ibos are always whining and annoying everyone Else.
I bet you Afam you will not survive till July. You see your role as protecting IBO interests does that mean IBOS cannot be criticized

Mr Seun Yes I said it

Ibos are alway whining and annoying everyone
https://www.nairaland.com/1228353/injustice-disgrace-going-port-harcourt/1

that is the thread see for yourself and please tell me if Afam is overreacting.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by ACM10: 3:48pm On Mar 17, 2013
OAM4J:

You were banned for spamming.

Posting same comment/thread all over the forum is spamming and its against the rules.

Alj Harem has been posting an excerpt from Ojukwu's book "Because I am involved" praising Awolowo everywhere. Should his action be tagged spamming?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Afam4eva(m): 3:50pm On Mar 17, 2013
omonnakoda: Afam4eva bans me because I say Ibos are always whining and annoying everyone Else.
I bet you Afam you will not survive till July. You see your role as protecting IBO interests does that mean IBOS cannot be criticized

Mr Seun Yes I said it

Ibos are alway whining and annoying everyone
Mr man, i have unbanned you else you'll not be ablee to post here. I changed my mind. I banned you because you made some tribalistic assertions though i later didn't see it as a good reason to ban you so i undid it. Just watch your utterances around here.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 17, 2013
ACM10:

Alj Harem has been posting an excerpt from Ojukwu's book "Because I am involved" praising Awolowo everywhere. Should his action be tagged spamming?

Whiner Alert...

There's a Whinger on the loose...Mods Beware!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by ACM10: 3:55pm On Mar 17, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Whiner Alert...

There's a Whinger on the loose...Mods Beware!

When Yoruba complains, it is legitimate.
When Igbos complains, it is whining.
Why do you guys like to impose your ways on others?

2 Likes

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 17, 2013
Afam4eva:
Mr man, i have unbanned you else you'll not be ablee to post here. I changed my mind. I banned you because you made some tribalistic assertions though i later didn't see it as a good reason to ban you so i undid it. Just watch your utterances around here.

Afam...in case you haven't noticed, in the last couple of days there have been numerous threads started by disgruntled elements complaining about the marginalization of ibos in all walks of life- Incuding Nairaland, Lagos, Portharcourt, The North, The South, and Outer Space.

This is a very disturbing trend that further demolishes the already dwindling reputation of the black jews on this forum and the world at large.

Maybe you should have a word with the King of Nairaland Jews - Mazi Onlytruth with a view to arresting this frankly irritating trend.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 17, 2013
ACM10:

When Yoruba complains, it is legitimate.
When Igbos complains, it is whining.
Why do you guys like to impose your ways on others?

Whinge Alert! Whinge Alert!!

Mods Beware of the Super-Whinger...

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OAM4J: 4:01pm On Mar 17, 2013
ACM10:

Yes its spamming if he has been posting same thing in more than one thread at the same period, please give me the links to the posts.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by omonnakoda: 4:03pm On Mar 17, 2013
Afam4eva:
Do not address me as Mr man
I will not accept that from you .You should learn basic courtesy and how to relate to humans.Who do you think you are?
I won't accept it from the owner of the site how much less you?
Fortunately the site does not belong to you so you cannot act capriciously for ever.

You "changed your mind" . You are now God?

If the ban is deserved I will accept it ! i do not need any fake Alamieesigha style reprieve from You! all we are saying is make the rules CLEAR and be transparent.

What is a "tribalistic assertion" ? and how is that different from a stereotype.

It is my view that Ibos whine and complain more than everyone and I said so.
If that flouts any rule make the rule clear.
I do not like you and will not accept you speaking to me in such a rude and condescending way. It is clear I am on your TO BAN list.This time you were Too trigger happy.

What I would like is a review by a non biassed MOD of what I wrote and constructive feedback on if and how it broke any rules
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by ACM10: 4:35pm On Mar 17, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (315)

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) / Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.