Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,067 members, 7,835,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Why - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why (12943 Views)

Why Do Men Cheat? / I Cheated On My Wife With Another Mans Wife What Do I Do? / Now I Have Seen The Reason Some Married Men Cheat On Their Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why by fijiano202(m): 6:20pm On May 21, 2012
not all men cheats cos i can honestly tell you i dont do that,have date someone for 4yrs without even kissing or touching another gurl
Re: Why by luckgames(m): 6:21pm On May 21, 2012
Ogosoga: What a man can do
A woman can do even better angry

Great
So "A woman can do even better" women need to come to the table with equal contribution to the family
Not my money is mind money but my husband money is for our money
Re: Why by omotayokay: 6:22pm On May 21, 2012
hehe...women and relationships thingy!
Re: Why by harakiri(m): 6:26pm On May 21, 2012
Err...what is "cheating" anyways? For all the religious folks in the house, didn't Solomon have 700 wives and 300 concubines/mistresses/girlfriends? Isn't he supposed to be the wisest man who ever lived?
Re: Why by NdM1: 6:28pm On May 21, 2012
It's CIVILIZATION that has made it to seam that way, Because of the civilization of one man, one wife that encourages marriage & divorce, Most men are forced to have a mistress outside. In the western world gender equality has given rise to marriage equality which encourages a spouses to get divorced & marry another. The average man or woman will have had a number of wives or husbands during their life time. This is called EQUALITY!!! & that is the crux of the matter, which is also responsible for the GAY movement current experienced in some countries today.
Men & women were created for companionship(to compliment) not competition(to rival) hence no need for equality, be-cos they are already equals in their own rights. A woman can only compete with her fellow women equality, while men compete amongst themselves. that way we maintain full respect of the genders. There should never be cross-gender competition for equality or else we will continue to feel cheated by our spouses.
Re: Why by naturalwaves: 6:47pm On May 21, 2012
fluid26:

True, d nysc year is indeed an abominable one. However, girls from d east aren't as promiscuous as those from the south-south, the west and middle-belt...I stand to be corrected.
Re: Why by naturalwaves: 6:54pm On May 21, 2012
Fluid26,so dat my analysis won't look biased,d lady could be 4rm any region.
Re: Why by phadat(m): 6:57pm On May 21, 2012
Chrisbenogor: Life my dear friends is a war, sometimes its hard to swallow because we are all brought up thinking we have to be nice and we have to carry other people along that we tend to forget that our primary instinct is to survive. One of the biggest and the most fought war fronts since the history of man is in our “romantic” relationships, personally over the little time I have spent in this world I have found this war to be very ferocious and fought with so much passion but with very little tactical awareness. The main reason is that most of us ignore the main rule of warfare which is know thyself and thine enemy, today that enemy is the Man and we are going to try and understand how this man fights his “romantic” battles.

You see a man is a very straightforward creature, if men were to be a programming language we would be a basic machine level language that understands just zeros and ones, a man does not need a valid reason to want to have sex with another woman aside from the fact that she looks “hot” on a very basic level. A man does not need to do any permutations and think is she good enough or is she smart enough? Maybe to have a real relationship or to settle down with yes he might consider that, but in a very basic and primal way a man is moved by what he sees. So when I hear ladies say “what I cannot stand is cheating, if he does it once I will kick his ass to the curb” , I ask is that what the real problem is?

During one of these spats recently I asked my friend which scenario she thinks would hurt her the most:

- You find out your boyfriend went to strip club with his friends and ended up having sex with a hooker

- You find out your bf has been secretly having lunch with his EX for the past month

Nine out of ten times they have a damascus moment and realize that it is emotional betrayal that is much more important than a man having sex, but she says, why is it that when a woman goes out to a club and ends up sleeping with a guy she is called names? Well that is because women usually have to cross that emotional barrier first before it gets to sex. I like to look at it from an evolutionary point of view, you see a woman’s child is always her child, and as such her own issues are things like will this man be able to take care of this child, provide food and shelter for us or is he just going to run a way ? In that light a woman has to be a lot more careful and scrutinize who she is getting into bed with. The man on the other hand has a bigger dilemma, he does not always know for sure if a child is his own, so he wants to “try as many times as possible” to make sure that his own genealogy continues to exist.

Now like I said I know this is probably hard for some of you to swallow and some might look at this as a justification for a man to cheat but it is really only an explanation of how a man works. No amount of wishing away would change the fact that men will cheat regardless of what the stakes are, Bill Clinton, Arnold Schwarzenegger, JFK, Tiger Woods………the list is endless. The trick is to know when the man crosses the emotional line and from then onwards the gloves come off, protect yourself as much as you can, betrayal is the real pain in any heart break.

I am a staunch believer that a relationship is 40% love, 40% commitment and 20% of sacrifice, as a man I often remind myself of this and it keeps me from straying. This does not mean that we should hide how we really see things, I think embracing who you are and comparing it viz a viz what you want from life or what you have committed yourself to goes a long way in dealing with this “demon” we carry inside. The world is fast changing and one of the big tenets of evolution is the specie that fails to adapt ultimately goes extinct.

In the words of the famous Sun Tzu:

1. Therefore, I say: Know your enemy and know yourself; in a
hundred battles, you will never be defeated.
2. When you are ignorant of the enemy but know yourself, your
chances of winning or losing are equal.
3. If ignorant both of your enemy and of yourself, you are sure to
be defeated in every battle.

As always I appreciate your comments. Have a nice weekend guys.
http://leenigma./2012/05/18/rules-of-engagement/
hmn iwo wi
Re: Why by nerodenero: 7:22pm On May 21, 2012
@OP-unfortunately,your topic is simply biased.It is a vice-versa thing.Men cheats and women cheats too.Gbam!!!
Re: Why by nerodenero: 7:36pm On May 21, 2012
fijiano202: not all men cheats cos i can honestly tell you i dont do that,have date someone for 4yrs without even kissing or touching another gurl
Can you prove this?Do you have evidence to backup your claim?If you dont have,that means you have just told a lie irrespective of if you are telling us the truth or not.
Re: Why by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 21, 2012
What baffles me is that you all forget that for every man cheating, there is also a woman cheating. So my question is why do women cheat?

Poster, you cant generalise. There are good men out there and good women too. You task as a woman is to find a good man who wouldnt cheat on you. But you can only end up with a good man if you attract good men and if good men find you attractive. The problem is that you are probably not a good woman, so good men so wouldnt find you attractive. Only the naughtly ones will find you attractive and they are the ones you attract.

I have been married to my wife for seven years and I havent cheated on her, neither has she cheated on me. Such things are not discussed in our marriage. You know why? We are both truly God fearing and we will easily detect people that are not. If you want to find a good man, try and be a good woman and they good men will come knocking. God is just!

2 Likes

Re: Why by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 21, 2012
fluid26:

self-righeousness aint a virtue bro. Have a rethink when next u get d urge to elevate urself.

@ Fluid26
and who's being self righteous or rather elevating ones self? If I'm to elevate ma self do you think this is a place to do so? Where pple hide behind shadows? What you take me for, a dumb ass like you are? Gee. Grow up, the internet is filled with lies, that I know. I know where I role, you got your hood, I just come here to share ma opinion, and I ain't interested in any dumb ass sh*t. If you feel I'm elevating ma self, that's your crap. well you are you, and I'm me, I have principles, and that's just it. If you don't have one, go hug a transformer, by the way, I am bound to ma views, and FYI don't start what you can't end.
Re: Why by brainchild78(m): 7:52pm On May 21, 2012
Generally speaking men are driven by lust and immediate false gratification via carnal indulgence. Men cheat based on impulse with no emotional connotation. Women cheat after much contimplation and emotional submergence. Hence as unfair as it may seem a man cheating on a woman is far more tolerable than a woman cheating on her man.

1 Like

Re: Why by Social46(m): 8:39pm On May 21, 2012
90love: Because they are selfish and power hungry. Men don't think as thoroughly as women about long term coniquences and re just opportunists.
Re: Why by luckgames(m): 8:40pm On May 21, 2012
[quote author=Social46][/quote]
You are not a man
Sorry
Re: Why by kalufelix(m): 8:54pm On May 21, 2012
Sex is more lyk physical 2 men nd emotional 2 women...so wen a guy cheats he xpects d gurl 2 undastand cos it doesnt neccesarily mean love...but wen a gurl cheats dias more 2 it....once heard a funny quote that "men luk 4 a place 2 hv sex while women luk 4 a reason"...lol
Re: Why by Social46(m): 8:54pm On May 21, 2012
luckgames:
You are not a man
Sorry
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Why by joanana(f): 9:07pm On May 21, 2012
luckgames:

Nigerian women are becoming better cheaters than Nigerian Men
Nigerian women use to know how to hid the BS
But now it is all over the place
So stop playing

Playing? you think marriage is all about geting the ring, change if status and certificate? Many couples today dont know the true meaning of being married. Its a way of life filled with
commitment, understanding, tolerance, patience n faithfulness to your partner.
Re: Why by luckgames(m): 9:14pm On May 21, 2012
joanana:

Playing? you think marriage is all about geting the ring, change if status and certificate? Many couples today dont know the true meaning of being married. Its a way of life filled with
commitment, understanding, tolerance, patience n faithfulness to your partner.

I do agree with "commitment, understanding, tolerance, patience n faithfulness to your partner."
You miss the other factors that make marriage work
What about the lying who that think she can lie her way out
Selfish me, me
No Respect and No consideration type of person
The secretive type too
The one that don't know how to say thank you
Stop playing game
Two can play the game
Re: Why by sosomi: 9:16pm On May 21, 2012
Not all. Luckily for some of us, we are blessed.
hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Why by luckgames(m): 9:18pm On May 21, 2012
sosomi:
hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I am very blessed and lucky too
Thank you Jesus
Re: Why by joanana(f): 9:31pm On May 21, 2012
luckgames:

I do agree with "commitment, understanding, tolerance, patience n faithfulness to your partner."
You miss the other factors that make marriage work
What about the lying who that think she can lie her way out
Selfish me, me
No Respect and No consideration type of person
The secretive type too
The one that don't know how to say thank you
Stop playing game
Two can play the game

n how long do u intend to keep up with d lies? 5 years? 12yrs? If u dnt understand the word married my advice is remain single n continue with ur deceit bit dont it when u r married n commited cos.it will.defintely bite u in the a.s.s. gerrit!!!!! For ir info any mariage or relationship built on deciet, lies n ur two can play d lies is destined to fail gerrit!
Re: Why by luckgames(m): 9:38pm On May 21, 2012
joanana:

n how long do u intend to keep up with d lies? 5 years? 12yrs? If u dnt understand the word married my advice is remain single n continue with ur deceit bit dont it when u r married n commited cos.it will.defintely bite u in the a.s.s. gerrit!!!!! For ir info any mariage or relationship built on deciet, lies n ur two can play d lies is destined to fail
gerrit!

What are you lying about fool
Sorry, I am married
You think you can manipulate the world dumb B
Deception is keeping secret
Agreed that lies, manipulation and deception will lead to unhappy marriage
Re: Why by joanana(f): 9:40pm On May 21, 2012
luckgames: [code][/code]

What are you lying about fool
Sorry, I am married
You think you can manipulate the world dumb B
Deception is keeping secret
Agreed the lies, manipulation and deception will lead to unhappy marriage

Please dnt insult me. May God ve mercy u.
Re: Why by luckgames(m): 9:42pm On May 21, 2012
joanana:

Please dnt insult me. May God ve mercy u.
God have mercy on you too
If you disrespect me, I am not going to come soft at you
Re: Why by joanana(f): 9:46pm On May 21, 2012
smh
Re: Why by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 21, 2012
wizzy11:

@ Fluid26
and who's being self righteous or rather elevating ones self? If I'm to elevate ma self do you think this is a place to do so? Where pple hide behind shadows? What you take me for, a dumb ass like you are? Gee. Grow up, the internet is filled with lies, that I know. I know where I role, you got your hood, I just come here to share ma opinion, and I ain't interested in any dumb ass sh*t. If you feel I'm elevating ma self, that's your crap. well you are you, and I'm me, I have principles, and that's just it. If you don't have one, go hug a transformer, by the way, I am bound to ma views, and FYI don't start what you can't end.

dude, jokes apart, no go carry high blood pressure come talk say na me cause am o! Lol!
How do u live with urself Jeez!
Re: Why by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 21, 2012
I wonder if some will ever stop being juvinile...wanting to possess everything they see! If only some cld be mature enough to find love and stay in love with that person
Re: Why by lastpage: 1:02am On May 22, 2012
May b it has to do with their "anatomy' ...just may be.

Sex for men, is not from the heart. its a "physical thing", just an "act', like an adventure!
Its a "conquering experience"....that "Lion behavior" example needs exploring.
Thus, men can cheat and get home and still be loving to their wife, no emotion was invested.
Moreover, the cheat instrument of a man is "external"....its is not affected beyond the "base of the shaft" and its spews-out that white fluid. In other words, it is not defiling itself or being contaminated with an external fluid, so to say

On the other hand,
Women have S.ee.x to please their emotions. Their heart and soul is invested in it.
Women usually take sex to mean 'Love' and would (in most cases) sleep with you as a final step of "surrender"...of their love to you!

A woman's cheat instrument is internal, it is the "receptor" and its "action" is deep inside her body! She is the one that also gets "contaminated" by an external invading fluid! Not to talk of the fact that she is the one that gets to carry the "effect" (Pregnancy) of such act!

Thus, when a woman cheats, she is really cheating from "inside her soul" (and probably knows that her marriage is ended and would not mind planning to murder the husband sef!)......but when a man does, he is just fooling around, doing it form outside his body and it has no bearing on his feelings for wife or marriage!

Dont fire-up yourself, justtake time to think about it and you will get my drift.

Just my own hypothesis.

Lastpage

2 Likes

Re: Why by Lisa1: 1:48am On May 22, 2012
Is the ghost of selfishness
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
Re: Why by Nobody: 6:09am On May 22, 2012
brainchild78: Generally speaking men are driven by lust and immediate false gratification via carnal indulgence. Men cheat based on impulse with no emotional connotation. Women cheat after much contimplation and emotional submergence. Hence as unfair as it may seem a man cheating on a woman is far more tolerable than a woman cheating on her man.

Plenty english, but absolutely true! I concur.
Re: Why by babawonda: 7:22am On May 22, 2012
My friend played a recorded phone conversation he had with a married woman for me and I was totally gutted. This is a woman with 2 kids and a husband who dots on her. The conversation was on the x-rated side - she masturbated on the phone and begged my friend to come over to her city and lodge in a hotel.
This is a woman who has everything to lose - her family, dignity, respect, etc risking everything for a single guy who has nothing to lose. If the phone message gets to her husband, your guess is as good as mine. Women should think before they act. I do not condone cheating in any way but a woman loses more if she gets caught.
You can't pay a cheating man back by cheating, you will only hurt yourself in the end. The best thing is to quit when a man makes it a habit to cheat - that means he doesn't respect you.
I hate to say the cliche that "it's a man's world', but it's somehow true. The society will 'forgive' a man caught in the act but will never forgive a woman caught in the same act.

This post is not meant to support men who cheat on their partners. Cheating or having many girlfriends is not a sign of your male dominance, it only shows you are weak and you lack self-discipline. If you know the true measure of a man, you will know how to love and make that woman in your life feel special.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Often Do You Masturbate? Please Be Honest. / After 15 Years Of Masturbating This Is What I Discovered. / Teenager Dies After Maturbating Straight 56 Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.