Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,138 members, 7,835,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Why - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why (12945 Views)

Why Do Men Cheat? / I Cheated On My Wife With Another Mans Wife What Do I Do? / Now I Have Seen The Reason Some Married Men Cheat On Their Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why by hardbody: 4:15pm On May 21, 2012
is love synonymous with sex, if no, cant a man love his wife and still do the thang with someone else, i am inexperienced, so i am just ventilating my curiousity
Re: Why by luckgames(m): 4:17pm On May 21, 2012
hardbody: is love synonymous with sex, if no, cant a man love his wife and still do the thang with someone else, i am inexperienced, so i am just ventilating my curiousity

Men have sex with other women with out loving her
Men don't do what women do emotion
Sometime for men it is all about sex
Re: Why by Blackbody20(m): 4:20pm On May 21, 2012
woodcook: @op it pains me when people tend to punish everyone for the sake of one guy. That your bf is cheating on you and expect you not does not mean thatz how all men are. How would you feel if a guy who is so unfortunate to "yoke" himself with a way-ward chic, comes out to say all chics are way-ward?

Well back to topic, the truth is what goes around comes around, you don't cheat and expect not to be cheated on at best not from you current partner. bt for sure it will happen just a matter of time.
woodcook: @op it pains me when people tend to punish everyone for the sake of one guy. That your bf is cheating on you and expect you not does not mean thatz how all men are. How would you feel if a guy who is so unfortunate to "yoke" himself with a way-ward chic, comes out to say all chics are way-ward?

Well back to topic, the truth is what goes around comes around, you don't cheat and expect not to be cheated on at best not from you current partner. bt for sure it will happen just a matter of time.

Re: Why by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:20pm On May 21, 2012
Life my dear friends is a war, sometimes its hard to swallow because we are all brought up thinking we have to be nice and we have to carry other people along that we tend to forget that our primary instinct is to survive. One of the biggest and the most fought war fronts since the history of man is in our “romantic” relationships, personally over the little time I have spent in this world I have found this war to be very ferocious and fought with so much passion but with very little tactical awareness. The main reason is that most of us ignore the main rule of warfare which is know thyself and thine enemy, today that enemy is the Man and we are going to try and understand how this man fights his “romantic” battles.

You see a man is a very straightforward creature, if men were to be a programming language we would be a basic machine level language that understands just zeros and ones, a man does not need a valid reason to want to have sex with another woman aside from the fact that she looks “hot” on a very basic level. A man does not need to do any permutations and think is she good enough or is she smart enough? Maybe to have a real relationship or to settle down with yes he might consider that, but in a very basic and primal way a man is moved by what he sees. So when I hear ladies say “what I cannot stand is cheating, if he does it once I will kick his ass to the curb” , I ask is that what the real problem is?

During one of these spats recently I asked my friend which scenario she thinks would hurt her the most:

- You find out your boyfriend went to strip club with his friends and ended up having sex with a hooker

- You find out your bf has been secretly having lunch with his EX for the past month

Nine out of ten times they have a damascus moment and realize that it is emotional betrayal that is much more important than a man having sex, but she says, why is it that when a woman goes out to a club and ends up sleeping with a guy she is called names? Well that is because women usually have to cross that emotional barrier first before it gets to sex. I like to look at it from an evolutionary point of view, you see a woman’s child is always her child, and as such her own issues are things like will this man be able to take care of this child, provide food and shelter for us or is he just going to run a way ? In that light a woman has to be a lot more careful and scrutinize who she is getting into bed with. The man on the other hand has a bigger dilemma, he does not always know for sure if a child is his own, so he wants to “try as many times as possible” to make sure that his own genealogy continues to exist.

Now like I said I know this is probably hard for some of you to swallow and some might look at this as a justification for a man to cheat but it is really only an explanation of how a man works. No amount of wishing away would change the fact that men will cheat regardless of what the stakes are, Bill Clinton, Arnold Schwarzenegger, JFK, Tiger Woods………the list is endless. The trick is to know when the man crosses the emotional line and from then onwards the gloves come off, protect yourself as much as you can, betrayal is the real pain in any heart break.

I am a staunch believer that a relationship is 40% love, 40% commitment and 20% of sacrifice, as a man I often remind myself of this and it keeps me from straying. This does not mean that we should hide how we really see things, I think embracing who you are and comparing it viz a viz what you want from life or what you have committed yourself to goes a long way in dealing with this “demon” we carry inside. The world is fast changing and one of the big tenets of evolution is the specie that fails to adapt ultimately goes extinct.

In the words of the famous Sun Tzu:

1. Therefore, I say: Know your enemy and know yourself; in a
hundred battles, you will never be defeated.
2. When you are ignorant of the enemy but know yourself, your
chances of winning or losing are equal.
3. If ignorant both of your enemy and of yourself, you are sure to
be defeated in every battle.

As always I appreciate your comments. Have a nice weekend guys.
http://leenigma./2012/05/18/rules-of-engagement/

4 Likes

Re: Why by Blackbody20(m): 4:22pm On May 21, 2012

well spoken! Whatever u sow u shall definately reap.
Re: Why by jessymic: 4:22pm On May 21, 2012
that have been the problem in our society, men seems to enjoy everytin starting from family inheritance to cheating which is also in a normal tin. but in everytin am still happy to be a woman sha

1 Like

Re: Why by luckgames(m): 4:22pm On May 21, 2012
Chrisbenogor: Life my dear friends is a war, sometimes its hard to swallow because we are all brought up thinking we have to be nice and we have to carry other people along that we tend to forget that our primary instinct is to survive. One of the biggest and the most fought war fronts since the history of man is in our “romantic” relationships, personally over the little time I have spent in this world I have found this war to be very ferocious and fought with so much passion but with very little tactical awareness. The main reason is that most of us ignore the main rule of warfare which is know thyself and thine enemy, today that enemy is the Man and we are going to try and understand how this man fights his “romantic” battles.

You see a man is a very straightforward creature, if men were to be a programming language we would be a basic machine level language that understands just zeros and ones, a man does not need a valid reason to want to have sex with another woman aside from the fact that she looks “hot” on a very basic level. A man does not need to do any permutations and think is she good enough or is she smart enough? Maybe to have a real relationship or to settle down with yes he might consider that, but in a very basic and primal way a man is moved by what he sees. So when I hear ladies say “what I cannot stand is cheating, if he does it once I will kick his ass to the curb” , I ask is that what the real problem is?

During one of these spats recently I asked my friend which scenario she thinks would hurt her the most:

- You find out your boyfriend went to strip club with his friends and ended up having sex with a hooker

- You find out your bf has been secretly having lunch with his EX for the past month

Nine out of ten times they have a damascus moment and realize that it is emotional betrayal that is much more important than a man having sex, but she says, why is it that when a woman goes out to a club and ends up sleeping with a guy she is called names? Well that is because women usually have to cross that emotional barrier first before it gets to sex. I like to look at it from an evolutionary point of view, you see a woman’s child is always her child, and as such her own issues are things like will this man be able to take care of this child, provide food and shelter for us or is he just going to run a way ? In that light a woman has to be a lot more careful and scrutinize who she is getting into bed with. The man on the other hand has a bigger dilemma, he does not always know for sure if a child is his own, so he wants to “try as many times as possible” to make sure that his own genealogy continues to exist.

Now like I said I know this is probably hard for some of you to swallow and some might look at this as a justification for a man to cheat but it is really only an explanation of how a man works. No amount of wishing away would change the fact that men will cheat regardless of what the stakes are, Bill Clinton, Arnold Schwarzenegger, JFK, Tiger Woods………the list is endless. The trick is to know when the man crosses the emotional line and from then onwards the gloves come off, protect yourself as much as you can, betrayal is the real pain in any heart break.

I am a staunch believer that a relationship is 40% love, 40% commitment and 20% of sacrifice, as a man I often remind myself of this and it keeps me from straying. This does not mean that we should hide how we really see things, I think embracing who you are and comparing it viz a viz what you want from life or what you have committed yourself to goes a long way in dealing with this “demon” we carry inside. The world is fast changing and one of the big tenets of evolution is the specie that fails to adapt ultimately goes extinct.

In the words of the famous Sun Tzu:

1. Therefore, I say: Know your enemy and know yourself; in a
hundred battles, you will never be defeated.

2. When you are ignorant of the enemy but know yourself, your
chances of winning or losing are equal.
3. If ignorant both of your enemy and of yourself, you are sure to
be defeated in every battle.

As always I appreciate your comments. Have a nice weekend guys.
http://leenigma./2012/05/18/rules-of-engagement/
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why by ak47mann(m): 4:23pm On May 21, 2012
is a mans world b4 nko
Re: Why by Wisdytech(m): 4:34pm On May 21, 2012
Well not ALL MEN! Lik 70% WIL TAK IT FOR GRANTED
Re: Why by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 21, 2012
chiozor: Women Bleep wit their mind and all their life,men just flings.women gives only sex so why they share d only thing in them is weird to me
u need education ASAP...spewing crap!...SMH
Re: Why by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:52pm On May 21, 2012
lalaosky:
u need education ASAP...spewing crap!...SMH
His lingo might not be prim and proper but he makes more sense than you have. Women most times need to cross an emotional barrier to have sex.

Well that is because women usually have to cross that emotional barrier first before it gets to sex. I like to look at it from an evolutionary point of view, you see a woman’s child is always her child, and as such her own issues are things like will this man be able to take care of this child, provide food and shelter for us or is he just going to run a way ? In that light a woman has to be a lot more careful and scrutinize who she is getting into bed with. The man on the other hand has a bigger dilemma, he does not always know for sure if a child is his own, so he wants to “try as many times as possible” to make sure that his own genealogy continues to exist.
You need Education more I suppose undecided
Re: Why by jpphilips(m): 4:55pm On May 21, 2012
Because women don't pay the bills
Re: Why by Impulse80(m): 4:56pm On May 21, 2012
Thing is, they have different orientations in space, i.e they are stereo isomers.
Re: Why by cyril83(m): 4:59pm On May 21, 2012
Papa Crotch:

Roki looked for you. I am looking for a swim suit model, I want to future you on sport illustrated. They are craving for your shape. I told them how expensive you are, they are ready to pay your double the usual fees. I know its a dream come to through.
this is exactly what we are debating on "Flirting"....my guy no be only rokiat get dat kind shape,we have abt 200,000 well shaped in lagos and most of them are into model...bros why must it be rokiat...abeg leave her alone coz she don get fiance
Re: Why by cyril83(m): 5:00pm On May 21, 2012
Papa Crotch:

Roki looked for you. I am looking for a swim suit model, I want to future you on sport illustrated. They are craving for your shape. I told them how expensive you are, they are ready to pay your double the usual fees. I know its a dream come to through.
this is exactly what we are debating on "Flirting"....my guy no be only rokiat get dat kind shape,we have abt 200,000 well shaped in lagos and most of them are into model...bros why must it be rokiat...abeg leave her alone coz she don get fiance
Re: Why by cyril83(m): 5:00pm On May 21, 2012
Papa Crotch:

this is exactly what we are debating on "Flirting"....my guy no be only rokiat get dat kind shape,we have abt 200,000 well shaped chiks in lagos and most of them are into model...bros why must it be rokiat...abeg leave her alone coz she don get fiance
Re: Why by pingpong1: 5:06pm On May 21, 2012
sosoluv: why do men expect women to dedicate to them what they are not ready to give back in return?

@OP, dont know the answer but do women cheat and like being cheated on?
Re: Why by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 21, 2012
This is such a preposterous question. Men and woman have different privileges, just as they have different burdens. A man knows how much effort, time, money, and other resources he expended to 'win' you, yet you still have the audacity to give that pussy he worked so hard for to another man. Surely, this can't be as painful to a woman who didn't do anything to win the man, so why should she be so offended by his 'cheating' (if you can call it that)? What 'investment' does a typical girl/woman (in Nigeria at least) put into a relationship that entitles her to the same 'privileges' as her man?

Call me a chauvinist or whatever, but the fact remains that men and women live by different rules for the most part. I'd certainly find it bemusing for the typical naija babe that has to be bought/maintained with money to be upset if I decide to have some variety in my sex life. However, if she is atypical, then of course she has every right to demand equity. But we know that the atypical ones are less than 5% in this part of the world. You can't have your cake and eat it.

Meanwhile, superficial morality has NOTHING to do with this. Let's be pragmatic here.
Re: Why by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 21, 2012
I've never cheated but I've lipsed a couple of chics when I was in a relationship...

Men cheat, women cheat more - only that women aren't as braggart about their cheating ways as men..
Re: Why by sylve11: 5:14pm On May 21, 2012
Women also cheat. @ op, u should put it this way '' how can human stop cheating''? cool
Re: Why by Ekowise(m): 5:21pm On May 21, 2012
sosoluv: I would like to meet that one guy who doesn't cheat! No luckygame I'm have been flying solo for some time now

Yes he does nt cheat but if he is poor, pretty ugly, nd nt romantic?
Re: Why by ertipha(f): 5:25pm On May 21, 2012
MRbrownJAY: @OP
to understand MEN, you have to look at how the LIONS are behaving in the jungle. that should give you an idea of the creature that you are dealing with.
to understand MEN, you have to look at how the LIONS are behaving in the jungle. that should give you an idea of the creature that you are dealing with.
So are u sayin tht men are like lion in the jungle?
Re: Why by EEngineer1(m): 5:33pm On May 21, 2012
PLS men dont let the burden of guilt be put on you because of these ladies telling you that you are cheats

pls get it into your head that women cheat as often as men sometimes even more

why is it that all infidelity threads, discussions, complaints are written and started by women? simple answer, infidelity hurts them more

in this world, a man is praised if he can get the most wonderful girls and this tends to fuel the drive to conquer all types of females[ chicks] upon achieving this feat, the natural thing would be to flaunt his game, this makes male infidelity to be difficult to conceal

while women are seen as precious sex and pleasure icons, this makes a certain type of stigma to be placed on cheating women, they are seen as whores and they can go to the farthest extent to conceal their crimes, even if it is known they definitely wont brag about it,

women place more value on relationships, it seems that their ultimate life goal is just to find a healthy relationship where the man wld love unconditionally and they wld be desired [ jst like an ancient babylonian saying ' a womans greatest desire is to be desired']. this makes them to be severely heartbroken when they find out that their man is cheating on them because they have put so much hope into the relationship but they quickly forget that what goes around comes around and that the society which seems to be pullin their man into infidelity was a society that they all were responsible and complicit in building

I WANNA ASK A QUESTION,
IF 90% OF NIGERIAN MEN CHEAT ON THEIR PARTNERS, WHO DO THEY COMMIT THE ACT OF INFIDELITY WITH? IS IT A SELECTION OF FEW WHORES WHO MEN JUST GO TO SPILL THEIR FLUID INTO OR IS IT NOT THE SAME WOMEN WHO COMPLAIN THAT MEN ARE CHEATS, IF MEN ARE CHEATS THEN WOMEN ARE CHEATS TOO, SIMPLE LOGIC

2 Likes

Re: Why by MrsChima(f): 5:38pm On May 21, 2012
No one likes to be betrayed and betraying others is easy as popping 2buff on the mouth. wink
Re: Why by naturalwaves: 5:53pm On May 21, 2012
Ladies cheat more in relationships,very rare 2 find a faithful and responsible one.Men cheat more in marriages,not necessarily because they want 2 but due 2 desperate gurls and gold diggers dat flungs around them.Moreover,it dpends on d kind of wife he's got.E.g,if his wife is gorgeous, beautiful,intelligent and does all normal things xpected f a woman,he wil hardly fall 4 just any slut cos he'l b lyk 'she can't even match my wife'.He'l look her wit great disdain.BUT If otherwise,he'l pursue anything in skirt and trousers.
Re: Why by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 21, 2012
@Op
Let me ask you a simple question, do Men cheat with ANIMALS? Is it not ladies/ fellow ladies like you they cheat with?
Ladies are hardly contented. And believe me, there are Great men out there, of which I can say I'm proudly one, Never cheated, but rather was cheated on.
So if you attract Dogs, that does not Mean there are No Saints.

2 Likes

Re: Why by Nobody: 6:12pm On May 21, 2012
90love: Because they are selfish and power hungry. Men don't think as thoroughly as women about long term coniquences and re just opportunists.

It appears u missed the point. I'd advise u to re-read ur post and assess its relevance with the issue (question) at hand.
Re: Why by naturalwaves: 6:14pm On May 21, 2012
Go out and see.Ladies don't even know wat they want and they are d most infidel.They av a higher level f promisciousity.Won't d lady dating a married man av a bf or partner somewhere?Even wen it comes 2 sex,only few can say no.NYSC service year was a great eye opener.Gurls coming 4 service wil av one so called mumu,gentle boy,ready 2 marry her smwhere.Comes 4 service and wil lyk 2 av a stand by guy 2 dat wil be banging her perpetually 4 one year.Needs money and wil go pick up an Alhaji.Myt av even dated in camp b4 posting,myt even stoop so low 2 date a soldier.D most astonishing one wen a girl begs 4 sex.Wake up,things av changed.Dis is not a random sampling o.It happens in abt 6-7 out f evry 10 gurls and d gurls 4rm d East are more fond f dis shameful behaviour.
Re: Why by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 21, 2012
wizzy11: @Op
Let me ask you a simple question, do Men cheat with ANIMALS? Is it not ladies/ fellow ladies like you they cheat with?
Ladies are hardly contented. And believe me, there are Great men out there, of which I can say I'm proudly one, Never cheated, but rather was cheated on.
So if you attract Dogs, that does not Mean there are No Saints.

self-righeousness aint a virtue bro. Have a rethink when next u get d urge to elevate urself.
Re: Why by Ogosoga: 6:16pm On May 21, 2012
What a man can do
A woman can do even better angry
Re: Why by Curiouscity(m): 6:18pm On May 21, 2012
Single ladies won't let married me rest. They even abandon their bf's for the married men.
Who is to blame? The fact is, if a married man approaches 3 different ladies n all say NO
the man will go home to his wife. So, ladies are all accomplices. STOP THE BLAME GAME

I have 3 cases on my desk now, 2 of them are married women cheating on their hubby's with other married men
and I'm divide between telling their husbands or keeping quiet. The 3rd one is a single lady who even vow
to eliminate the man's wife of 5yrs to marry the guy. What a digital world?

Bottomline: Lady aid and abet cheating men. Some even initiate it. Not all men cheat and not all women are innocent.
Re: Why by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 21, 2012
naturalwaves: Go out and see.Ladies don't even know wat they want and they are d most infidel.They av a higher level f promisciousity.Won't d lady dating a married man av a bf or partner somewhere?Even wen it comes 2 sex,only few can say no.NYSC service year was a great eye opener.Gurls coming 4 service wil av one so called mumu,gentle boy,ready 2 marry her smwhere.Comes 4 service and wil lyk 2 av a stand by guy 2 dat wil be banging her perpetually 4 one year.Needs money and wil go pick up an Alhaji.Myt av even dated in camp b4 posting,myt even stoop so low 2 date a soldier.D most astonishing one wen a girl begs 4 sex.Wake up,things av changed.Dis is not a random sampling o.It happens in abt 6-7 out f evry 10 gurls and d gurls 4rm d East are more fond f dis shameful behaviour.

True, d nysc year is indeed an abominable one. However, girls from d east aren't as promiscuous as those from the south-south, the west and middle-belt...I stand to be corrected.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Teenager Dies After Maturbating Straight 56 Times / After 15 Years Of Masturbating This Is What I Discovered. / How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.