Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Where Did Cain Got His Wife? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Did Cain Got His Wife? (5972 Views)

How Did Cain Got Married To A Woman When There Are Only Just 3 People On Earth? / Where Did Cain Got His Wife From? / From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by ijawkid(m): 8:42pm On May 31, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
[size=32pt]SUGARCAIN?[/size]

Pagan boy u too funny....

Who be sugar cane now
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by buzugee(m): 8:49pm On May 31, 2012
ijawkid:

Pagan boy u too funny....

Who be sugar cane now
maybe he trying to say cain got a lil sugar in his tank and hence he dont need a wife grin grin you know what it means when they say someone got a lil sugar in their tank right ? 'sugarcain'
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by ijawkid(m): 8:50pm On May 31, 2012
2good:

SMH. U need a psychologist!

Abeg just send buzugee to my hospital.......

Lol

I'll take care of his head problem....

Lol
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by LogicMind: 8:52pm On May 31, 2012
buzugee: Yezzur, a more logical and realistic one.

ADAM is not the name of one person , just like ESAU is not the name of one person, just like ISRAEL is not the name of one person. The bible operates on dichotomy. while those are the names of one person, they refer to a nation of people. lets take for example

matthew 15 vs 24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel ( now israel is one person but in this instance it is used to describe a nation of people )

here is another example romans 9 vs 13 Just as it is written: "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated while these are individuals names, these refer to a nation of people. anytime you see jacob in the bible, it is refering to a nation of people. and esau is a nation of people too.

adam is a nation of people. adam is not a mans name but a name meaning this people are formed from the ground. adam is culled from adamah which means from the ground. adam is a nation of people formed from the ground.

lets look at this verse genesis 1 vs 27[b] So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.[/b] even though adam is called him, it actually is talking about a bunch of sexes of people cuz it says 'male and female'. and it says 'them' and at this point in time 'eve'had not been made.

genesis 1 vs 28[b] And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.[/b] so God told THEM to subdue to earth and have dominion over the sea. who are the them ? you dont call one man 'them' ? do you ? keep in mind 'eve' had not been formed. so you have to go to genesis two before eve was made and yet he is talking about them subduing the earth on the fifth day. the 'them' is the first nation of people formed called 'adam'

Sorry buzugee to burst your bubble but genesis 1:27 is not talking about adam at all.
Adam was created on the third day
Other men (male and female), were created on the sixth day.

They are already confusing enough and christians are confused enough. Please don't add to the confusion.
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by buzugee(m): 9:16pm On May 31, 2012
ijawkid:

Abeg just send buzugee to my hospital.......

Lol

I'll take care of his head problem....

Lol
my head is just fine. aint nada wrong with this here dome grin grin
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by buzugee(m): 9:20pm On May 31, 2012
Logic Mind:

Sorry buzugee to burst your bubble but genesis 1:27 is not talking about adam at all.

They are already confusing enough and christians are confused enough. Please don't add to the confusion.
you are an atheist, remember ? you are not supposed to believe in this stuff, remember ? what are ya a double minded man ? you do know what the scriptures say about a double minded man right ? JAMES 1 VS 8 A double-minded man is unstable in all his ways. so i guess the question is why should we attach gravity to the opinion of a double minded man like yourself ? grin
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by LogicMind: 9:40pm On May 31, 2012
buzugee: you are an atheist, remember ? you are not supposed to believe in this stuff, remember ? what are ya a double minded man ? you do know what the scriptures say about a double minded man right ? JAMES 1 VS 8 A double-minded man is unstable in all his ways. so i guess the question is why should we attach gravity to the opinion of a double minded man like yourself ? grin

I am not giving an opinion, but pointing out what the scripture says.
i don't know why people always say something else when the bible is very clear.
i don't believe it as you say, i'm just letting people see what they say they believe in.
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by buzugee(m): 9:53pm On May 31, 2012
Logic Mind:

I am not giving an opinion, but pointing out what the scripture says.
i don't know why people always say something else when the bible is very clear.
i don't believe it as you say, i'm just letting people see what they say they believe in.
in that case i think you need another bible cuz the one you got done lied to you. either that or you were drunk on shekpe when you read it
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by LogicMind: 10:42pm On May 31, 2012
buzugee: in that case i think you need another bible cuz the one you got done lied to you. either that or you were drunk on shekpe when you read it

In genesis chapter 1, we were told of how god chronologically created things in six days. He created vegetation on the third day. The last thing he created was man on the sixth day.
In genesis chapter 2, we were told that adam was created before vegetation but after the streams. Remember that vegetation was created on the third day.

You see:
Adam created on the third day, after the streams and earthly waters were created but before vegetation was created.
Man created on the 6th day after everything else, including Adam, was created.

Two different beings.

I don't see how you can say that adam was the man in genesis 1:27. The bible is clear enough. Maybe you need to change yours or stop drinking shekpe. grin
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by buzugee(m): 10:49pm On May 31, 2012
Logic Mind:

In genesis chapter 1, we were told of how god chronologically created things in six days. He created vegetation on the third day. The last thing he created was man on the sixth day.
In genesis chapter 2, we were told that adam was created before vegetation but after the streams. Remember that vegetation was created on the third day.

You see:
Adam created on the third day, after the streams and earthly waters were created but before vegetation was created.
Man created on the 6th day after everything else, including Adam, was created.

Two different beings.

I don't see how you can say that adam was the man in genesis 1:27. The bible is clear enough. Maybe you need to change yours or stop drinking shekpe. grin
you miss the point just as you missed the point in that question you asked yesterday. the bible has this thing it does a lot called re-iteration. it reiterates what it has already said. genesis 1 vs 27 is when humans were created both male and female. and then it goes on to reiterate and expand on the process of human creation in genesis 2 vs 7. now see how it says in chapter 2 vs 4 that it was going to give an account of what has happened so far and hence why the creation of man re-emerged in 2 vs 7 from 1 vs 27

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by LogicMind: 11:01pm On May 31, 2012
buzugee: you miss the point just as you missed the point in that question you asked yesterday. the bible has this thing it does a lot called re-iteration. it reiterates what it has already said. genesis 1 vs 27 is when humans were created both male and female. and then it goes on to reiterate and expand on the process of human creation in genesis 2 vs 7. now see how it says in chapter 2 vs 4 that it was going to give an account of what has happened so far and hence why the creation of man re-emerged in 2 vs 7 from 1 vs 27

Sounds convincing except that the bible was unambiguous about the chronology of creation; the day man was created and the day adam was created.
Why don't you tell me which day adam was created if not on the third day according to genesis 2?
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by buzugee(m): 11:18pm On May 31, 2012
Logic Mind:

Sounds convincing except that the bible was unambiguous about the chronology of creation; the day man was created and the day adam was created.
Why don't you tell me which day adam was created if not on the third day according to genesis 2?
man was created on the sixth day. not third day as you said.
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by LogicMind: 11:26pm On May 31, 2012
buzugee: man was created on the sixth day. not third day as you said.

why are you behaving like a chriatian hypocrite?
my question was about adam: Which day was adam created according to genesis 2?

1 Like

Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by buzugee(m): 11:31pm On May 31, 2012
Logic Mind:

why are you behaving like a chriatian hypocrite?
my question was about adam: Which day was adam created according to genesis 2?
adam is man. adam simply means 'created from the ground'
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by LogicMind: 11:44pm On May 31, 2012
buzugee: adam is man. adam simply means 'created from the ground'
here you go again answering the question that was not asked. Are you a politician?

For clarity, here we go:

Genesis 2:4-7

When the Lord God made the earth and the heavens— 5 and no shrub of the field had yet appeared on the earth and no plant of the field had yet sprung up, for the Lord God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no man to work the ground, 6 but streams came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground— 7 the Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

what situation is described in verses 5 & 6?
here:

Genesis 1:9-13

9 And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.

11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds. ” And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning —the third day.

So what do these to passages tell us?
1- god created earthly waters and vegetation on the same day. the third day.
2- god created adam in between these two creations. So adam could not have been created any other day but on the third.

Waters first, adam next, then vegetation.

It is there in black and white. Anybody can open their bible and read it. It may not fit the popular narrative but that's what the bible says.
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by buzugee(m): 11:53pm On May 31, 2012
Logic Mind:
here you go again answering the question that was not asked. Are you a politician?

For clarity, here we go:

Genesis 2:4-7

When the Lord God made the earth and the heavens— 5 and no shrub of the field had yet appeared on the earth and no plant of the field had yet sprung up, for the Lord God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no man to work the ground, 6 but streams came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground— 7 the Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

what situation is described in verses 5 & 6?
here:

Genesis 1:9-13

9 And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.

11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds. ” And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning —the third day.

So what do these to passages tell us?
1- god created earthly waters and vegetation on the same day. the third day.
2- god created adam in between these two creations. So adam could not have been created any other day but on the third.

Waters first, adam next, then vegetation.

It is there in black and white. Anybody can open their bible and read it. It may not fit the popular narrative but that's what the bible says.
its like de ja vous all over again. i think you need a kiddie bible that is straightforward and does not read like a pulp fiction script of flashbacks and then present day scenes. you need a straightforward kiddie bible because this is the second time you have been stumped on similar issues. whatever you see in genesis 2 vs 4 onwards is a flashback. this is what i am trying to tell you.
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by LilMizzGood(f): 3:06am On Jun 01, 2012
Logic Mind:

Ok you just confuse me ... I had a good point to fight on and now you saying that just confuse me ... if you may please explain that to me.
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by LogicMind: 7:06am On Jun 01, 2012
buzugee: its like de ja vous all over again. i think you need a kiddie bible that is straightforward and does not read like a pulp fiction script of flashbacks and then present day scenes. you need a straightforward kiddie bible because this is the second time you have been stumped on similar issues. whatever you see in genesis 2 vs 4 onwards is a flashback. this is what i am trying to tell you.

I had a kiddie bible when i was a christian. It is called my book of bible stories. given to me by a kind jehovah witness man. full of beautiful illustrations and nice stories. but mostly twisted narratives. I think you are still attached to such narratives even in the presence of contradicting evidence.

I know that genesis 2 vs 4 onwards is flashback. It fuckin' says so ffs. It even took out time to say flashback to exactly when.

You refuse to answer a simple question: What day was Genesis 2:5-6 talking about?
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by buzugee(m): 7:48am On Jun 01, 2012
Logic Mind:

I had a kiddie bible when i was a christian. It is called my book of bible stories. given to me by a kind jehovah witness man. full of beautiful illustrations and nice stories. but mostly twisted narratives. I think you are still attached to such narratives even in the presence of contradicting evidence.

I know that genesis 2 vs 4 onwards is flashback. It fuckin' says so ffs. It even took out time to say flashback to exactly when.

You refuse to answer a simple question: What day was Genesis 2:5-6 talking about?
fifth day undecided
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by ijawkid(m): 8:09am On Jun 01, 2012
@buzugee.......

How do we link up ur dichotomy theory with romans 5:12??

How many adams did sin pass thru into d world and to all of us??

One adam or ur 1million in 1 adam
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by LogicMind: 8:10am On Jun 01, 2012
Back to topic.
If you read the book of Jubilees, it says that Cain married his sister Awan and she gave birth to enoch. Her name was Awan.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/jub/jub16.htm
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by buzugee(m): 8:43am On Jun 01, 2012
ijawkid: @buzugee.......

How do we link up ur dichotomy theory with romans 5:12??

How many adams did sin pass thru into d world and to all of us??

One adam or ur 1million in 1 adam
romans 5 vs 12 by one man sin entered into the world ( meaning the first group of people formed are grouped singularly as one man ) and death by sin, and so death passed upon all men ( everyone who will reincarnate from the first group of man formed will have sin passed onto them )and so on and so on and so on and so on. the sin is like a virus, it keeps spreading from generation to generation through the infected reincarnated spirit. several generations of man is classed as men. one generation of man ( the initially formed group ) is classed as man. what does sin cause ? spiritual death or spiritual detachment from the lord. hence the statement 'from one man sin entered into the world and so death passed upon all men.
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by buzugee(m): 8:49am On Jun 01, 2012
Logic Mind: Back to topic.
If you read the book of Jubilees, it says that Cain married his sister Awan and she gave birth to enoch. Her name was Awan.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/jub/jub16.htm
thats a heretic book. there is a reason why the lord had it excluded from the apocrypha. mans comings and goings and mans actions are of the lord ( proverbs 20 vs 24 )
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by ijawkid(m): 9:48am On Jun 01, 2012
buzugee: romans 5 vs 12 by one man sin entered into the world ( meaning the first group of people formed are grouped singularly as one man ) and death by sin, and so death passed upon all men ( everyone who will reincarnate from the first group of man formed will have sin passed onto them )and so on and so on and so on and so on. the sin is like a virus, it keeps spreading from generation to generation through the infected reincarnated spirit. several generations of man is classed as men. one generation of man ( the initially formed group ) is classed as man. what does sin cause ? spiritual death or spiritual detachment from the lord. hence the statement 'from one man sin entered into the world and so death passed upon all men.

From ur anology it means each human is like 1 million in one(grouped)....

Now that romans also makes us know that since thru 1 ex-perfect man sin entered into d earth so also thru another perfect man sin was taken away from d world....

Now if adam is a group of people,then what about Jesus

How many Jesus do we have

Was Jesus a group of people?

Buzugee ur anaology doesn't actually ryhme with d creation account....

U gave example of isreal and esau..........

Isreal ofcus was 1 person initially but thru him d nation of isreal was started and instigitated............

Isreal didn't just start as a nation,it started with 1 person named ISREAL of which u know.....

D same with adam...............

Thru adam all humans on earth came.....

Stop this dichotomy theory.....

It won't work,,..........

Just like abraham......

Was abraham a group of people??

What about sarah thru whom isreal did come from??
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by LogicMind: 10:01am On Jun 01, 2012
Buzugee used to make sense before. Now he just makes things up.
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by buzugee(m): 1:25pm On Jun 01, 2012
Logic Mind: Buzugee used to make sense before. Now he just makes things up.
grin grin grin grin let you tell it
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by buzugee(m): 1:29pm On Jun 01, 2012
ijawkid:

From ur anology it means each human is like 1 million in one(grouped)....

Now that romans also makes us know that since thru 1 ex-perfect man sin entered into d earth so also thru another perfect man sin was taken away from d world....

Now if adam is a group of people,then what about Jesus

How many Jesus do we have

Was Jesus a group of people?

Buzugee ur anaology doesn't actually ryhme with d creation account....

U gave example of isreal and esau..........

Isreal ofcus was 1 person initially but thru him d nation of isreal was started and instigitated............

Isreal didn't just start as a nation,it started with 1 person named ISREAL of which u know.....

D same with adam...............

Thru adam all humans on earth came.....

Stop this dichotomy theory.....

It won't work,,..........

Just like abraham......

Was abraham a group of people??

What about sarah thru whom isreal did come from??
genesis 25 vs 23 The LORD said to her, "Two nations are in your womb, and two peoples from within you will be separated; one people will be stronger than the other, and the older will serve the younger." i guess you would have a problem with the bible calling jacob and esau two nations of people then huh ? undecided

psalms 147 vs 19-20 He sheweth his word unto Jacob, his statutes and his judgments unto Israel.

20 He hath not dealt so with any nation: and as for his judgments, they have not known them. Praise ye the Lord.
i guess you will have a problem with the bible calling israel and jacob a nation of people huh ?
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by ijawkid(m): 5:37pm On Jun 01, 2012
buzugee: genesis 25 vs 23 The LORD said to her, "Two nations are in your womb, and two peoples from within you will be separated; one people will be stronger than the other, and the older will serve the younger." i guess you would have a problem with the bible calling jacob and esau two nations of people then huh ? undecided

psalms 147 vs 19-20 He sheweth his word unto Jacob, his statutes and his judgments unto Israel.

20 He hath not dealt so with any nation: and as for his judgments, they have not known them. Praise ye the Lord.
i guess you will have a problem with the bible calling israel and jacob a nation of people huh ?

But jacob and esau were concieved 1st before nations were born through them....

My point is if jacob and esau as a nation were in rebekahs womb then I wonder how rebekahs womb must have looked like..........

Mayb she had d ability to deliver her kids like d way a fish does,that gives birth to thousands of kids at once........lol

Or mayb there were also like 1 million rebekahs that gave birth to sets of jacobs and esaus...............

Buzugeee oooo.....

I understand d scriptures that's why I'm refuting ur explanation........

If I can remember was it not isreal that battled with an angel of God just to receive blessings

How many isreals??

Was it d whole nation that battled with that angel?
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by buzugee(m): 5:52pm On Jun 01, 2012
ijawkid:

But jacob and esau were concieved 1st before nations were born through them....

My point is if jacob and esau as a nation were in rebekahs womb then I wonder how rebekahs womb must have looked like..........

Mayb she had d ability to deliver her kids like d way a fish does,that gives birth to thousands of kids at once........lol

Or mayb there were also like 1 million rebekahs that gave birth to sets of jacobs and esaus...............

Buzugeee oooo.....

I understand d scriptures that's why I'm refuting ur explanation........

If I can remember was it not isreal that battled with an angel of God just to receive blessings

How many isreals??

Was it d whole nation that battled with that angel?
my Bros you have to understand the complexity of writing about the whole world in one book in an era when countries and continents were not named. sometimes you have to give the nations of people singular names and then sometimes you refer to specific people by singular names. almost all the nations in the bible have names of single people. almost all.
for example lots daughter gave birth to moab-this is the chinese
lots other daughter gave birth to ammon-this is the japanese
isaac and his maid gave birth to ishmael-these are the arabs

etc etc etc. the bible is like the world and the different names in it represents the nations and tribes of people, although once in a while someones contribution may be so monumental so that they are actually representing themselves and not a nation of people ( examples will be christ paul noah mary etc etc )
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by ijawkid(m): 6:49pm On Jun 01, 2012
buzugee: my Bros you have to understand the complexity of writing about the whole world in one book in an era when countries and continents were not named. sometimes you have to give the nations of people singular names and then sometimes you refer to specific people by singular names. almost all the nations in the bible have names of single people. almost all.
for example lots daughter gave birth to moab-this is the chinese
lots other daughter gave birth to ammon-this is the japanese
isaac and his maid gave birth to ishmael-these are the arabs

etc etc etc. the bible is like the world and the different names in it represents the nations and tribes of people, although once in a while someones contribution may be so monumental so that they are actually representing themselves and not a nation of people ( examples will be christ paul noah mary etc etc )

I understand what u mean,but ur taking d whole thing too one sided.............

D name of my village too bears d name of some1 that started d lineage that has now amounted to thousands........

Through u too thousands of persons will come.....

Ur children will give birth to there own children and so forth till many generations pass.....

My point is adam was 1 adam not a nation....

God didn't create a nation of adam from d beginning......

Then it also means God took d ribs of many adams or d adamic nation to create many eves or an eve nation.....

Ur analogy can't just work in 1 direction.it has to agree with others.......

I earlier asked u about d comparison between Jesus and adam........

If thru 1 adam sin entered into d world so also thru 1 man(Jesus) sin was taken.......

If adam from d beginning was a nation,then Jesus too is a nation.....

There is an alternative way to explain where cains wife came from................than this nation wahala
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by buzugee(m): 10:02pm On Jun 01, 2012
ijawkid:

I understand what u mean,but ur taking d whole thing too one sided.............

D name of my village too bears d name of some1 that started d lineage that has now amounted to thousands........

Through u too thousands of persons will come.....

Ur children will give birth to there own children and so forth till many generations pass.....

My point is adam was 1 adam not a nation....

God didn't create a nation of adam from d beginning......

Then it also means God took d ribs of many adams or d adamic nation to create many eves or an eve nation.....

Ur analogy can't just work in 1 direction.it has to agree with others.......

I earlier asked u about d comparison between Jesus and adam........

If thru 1 adam sin entered into d world so also thru 1 man(Jesus) sin was taken.......

If adam from d beginning was a nation,then Jesus too is a nation.....

There is an alternative way to explain where cains wife came from................than this nation wahala
if you read the apocrypha it will explain it better for you. he lifted a nation of people out of the sea called 'adamah. adam is not someones name. i keep telling you that. adam is a definition of the type of man that was made. he was made from the earth of the ground. this is what adam means. ' made from the ground'
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by LogicMind: 8:56am On Jun 02, 2012
buzugee: if you read the apocrypha it will explain it better for you. he lifted a nation of people out of the sea called 'adamah. adam is not someones name. i keep telling you that. adam is a definition of the type of man that was made. he was made from the earth of the ground. this is what adam means. ' made from the ground'

please tell us
is eve someone's name?
is jesus someone's name?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Life And Soul (spirit Or Whatever We Call It) / Christ Embassy To Break Record With 12, 000 Man Choir / Where Did Black Men Came From?:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.